Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > Do women hate intelligent Men .......................      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bluesman44
Msg: 101
Do women hate intelligent Men .......................Page 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Who said it was a horse? Huh smart guy? Well done.
 Deranged
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Do women hate intelligent Men .......................
Posted: 12/11/2006 6:34:50 PM
OMFG!!!
how the hell did i get the defendant/judge one and NOT the horse named sunday?????

geezus... lol.

i blame it on the calendar sitting in front of me. lol. yep, thats it. stupid calendar put my mind INTO the box.
 hank chinaski
Msg: 103
Posted: 12/11/2006 6:40:48 PM
It was the defendant/judge one that stumped me. I always dread those type of questions on IQ tests. "Mary is 140 lbs and lives in a green house. John is 5'10" and owns a dog, Judy lives in a blue house and weighs 110 lbs.........." AAAARGH!!!
 B. Diva
Msg: 104
Posted: 12/11/2006 6:44:51 PM
Well deranged we came up with the judge being the defendant's wife -perhaps the gent who posted this could adjudicate?

Defendant's brother-in-law = defendant's wife's brother

only sister's husband = defendant

therefore defendant is father of judge's son so judge must be his wife.

or more correctly the defendant is the husband of the trial judge - until she recuses herself of course!

did I get it right did I did I ???

omg I need to get .....

A LIFE!!!
 hank chinaski
Msg: 105
Posted: 12/11/2006 6:49:12 PM
Deranged came up with sister-in-law. BD answered wife. Point goes to.............Buxom Diva.
 bluesman44
Msg: 106
Posted: 12/11/2006 6:49:35 PM
Your not the only one.....
 Deranged
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2006 7:00:06 PM
4. In a criminal trial, what is the relationship of the defendant to the trial judge, if the defendant's brother-in-law's only sister's husband is the father of the son of the judge?

here's what i got:

the defendants brother-in-law's sister... that would make her the defendants sister-in-law, yes?

so now... the defendants sister-in law's husband is the father of the son of the judge

sister-in law's husband = brother-in-law through marriage. so... the brother-in-law through marriage is the father of the son of the judge

father of the son of the judge = the judge's son's father = the judge's husband (unless we're talking affair here) so... the brother-in-law through marriage is the judge's husband.

since the brother-in-law through marriage is the judge's husband, then the judge must be the sister-in-law, aka the defendants brother-in-law's sister

okay.... NOW is that clear as mud????

edit:
geez... where is the pof redneck family tree when you need it.

editedit: vvvvvv
lmfao!!! yep. if its on the internet, it must be true.

oh wait. MY answer is on the internet too.... AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!

hank chinaski
Msg: 108
Posted: 12/11/2006 7:10:50 PM
I dunno. I got it wrong, and after reading both explainations, I'm still just as confused as I was when I first read it. help: The answer key says wife, so wife it is. I read it on the Internet, so it must be true, right?
 hank chinaski
Msg: 109
Posted: 12/11/2006 7:11:31 PM
I dunno. I got it wrong, and after reading both explainations, I'm still just as confused as I was when I first read it. The answer key says wife, so wife it is. I read it on the Internet, so it must be true, right?

OOPS. Sorry. double post.
 DietCoke┬«Guy
Msg: 110
Posted: 12/11/2006 7:13:12 PM
If I am the defendant...
My brother-in-law = my wife's brother
His "only" sister must be my wife
Her husband = me
Therefore, I am the father of the son of the judge, the only other parent is the mother, presumably my wife.
 bluesman44
Msg: 111
Posted: 12/11/2006 7:13:29 PM
I got wife. But I'm confused. All my wives had lawyers. Evil scum sucking bottom dwelling...
 Deranged
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2006 7:15:35 PM
hey... ya know what??

it looks like one of those f*cked up math questions...

(Three guys rent a motel room. The room costs $30. They split it three ways,$10 each,is the cost. They pay their dues and go upto their room. Just minutes later the clerk realizes she overcharged the three men $5. So she yells for the bellhop to run the $5 up to their room. On the way up,the bellhop thinks to himself. There are three men and $5,they cant split $5 evenly amongst themselves so he decides to keep $2 for himself. He gives them the three dollars,which now instead of $10 each they now payed $9 each. $9 times 3(guys)= $27. The bellhop kept $2 for himself,comes out to $27 + $2 = $29!!!??? )

depending on how you do the math, you get two different answers, even tho only one is right.

who'da thunk??
 Fort Garry Dark
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2006 7:30:19 PM
^^^^ Bluesman said:

Who said it was a horse? Huh smart guy?

I guess he could have been riding someone's ass.
 Katkats
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2006 7:45:31 PM
Three guys rent a motel room

did anyone happen to catch which motel and room number ???
 B. Diva
Msg: 115
Posted: 12/11/2006 9:04:57 PM
Dear Deranged,

My son got really ticked off that I took so much time to explain my answer,but for the benefit of those who still don't get it, I'll walk you through it again. Let's give them names shall we for clarity.

Let's call the defendant Bob, his wife Carol, and his brother-in-law Ted.

For purposes of this demonstration, let's say that Bob also has a sister called Alice, to rule out any other "suspects" as the brother-in-law..

So the first thing is that Bob's brother in law could be:

a) Carol's brother Ted (Bob's wife's brother)
b) Alice's brother Ted (Bob's sister's husband)

Now, since our bro-in-law has a sister who plays a significant role in all of this, that rules out B, since we don't have anybody to be Ted's sister in that scenario, and the sister is a vital part of the equation (ooooh back to a math problem - well, logic problem actually - I used to suck at those - I must be channeling the late Jeff LeBar, my best friend and problem solver extraordinaire!).

Have I lost anybody yet? Resolved: that the brother-in-law is the wife's brother, NOT the sister's husband.

Next, the bro-in-law's only sister must be Carol, wife of our defendant Bob.

Therefore her husband is none other than our friend Bob.

If Bob is the father of the judge's son then the judge must be Carol, his wife. Or some freak who has made 17 appearances on Maury trying to find her baby's daddy.

Your first mistake is believing that your brother-in-law's wife is your sister-in-law. Your sister-in-law is your brother's wife or your husband's sister. Period. Your brother-in-law's sister is either your wife or no relation whatsoever. Except in a few counties that don't have Internet access and won't mind if we have a little fun at their expense.

Now if you really want to get confused I'll explain about how the 1st & 2nd cousins and the "removed" thing works - genealogy is my LIFE!

Dar
 B. Diva
Msg: 116
Posted: 12/11/2006 9:07:21 PM
And I have just ensured that I will never, ever get another date off this site again.

_Steamer_
Msg: 117
Posted: 12/11/2006 9:29:21 PM
Three guys rent a motel room. The room costs $30. They split it three ways,$10 each,is the cost. They pay their dues and go upto their room. Just minutes later the clerk realizes she overcharged the three men $5. So she yells for the bellhop to run the $5 up to their room. On the way up,the bellhop thinks to himself. There are three men and $5,they cant split $5 evenly amongst themselves so he decides to keep $2 for himself. He gives them the three dollars,which now instead of $10 each they now payed $9 each. $9 times 3(guys)= $27. The bellhop kept $2 for himself,comes out to $27 + $2 = $29!!!???

Each of the men paid $9, total of $27. The bellman kept $2, so $27 - $2 = $25 which is what the motel got. (The original $30 minus the $5 that was refunded.)
 full of sparks
Msg: 118
Posted: 12/11/2006 9:29:35 PM
do we hate intelligent men? absolutely not....just inexperienced in dealing with them...they are a hard breed to find
 full of sparks
Msg: 119
Posted: 12/11/2006 9:48:13 PM
thanks for coming back and creating that visual....we were trying to stumble over that...lol
 jdguy
Msg: 120
Posted: 12/11/2006 9:49:31 PM
The "new" cavalier as it is now called ( such a great name change, totally distanced itself from the old negative conotation ) is probably still only 30 bucks lol
 full of sparks
Msg: 121
Posted: 12/11/2006 10:09:47 PM
Not even gonna ask why you would have known the rates....lmao
 B. Diva
Msg: 122
Posted: 12/11/2006 10:40:18 PM
You guys are just too much fun for words. Guess I'm going to have to arrange that pilgrimage to MacMillan Ave. after all to worship at the home of my first big love Burton.

Before you all jump down my throat yes I know the Nellie McLung theatre was renamed after him even though if she came back from the dead she'd be able to drive and he can't with 3 DUI convictions. And I know that in ill-advised moments he's said some unfavourable things about Winnipeg. But when I was 15 years old, and didn't have a friend in the whole world, I called his hotel room when the Guess Who was back in town to play the CNE and I said "I don't know if you remember me. We met last fall; my name is Darlene." and he said "sure I remember you". Bear in mind that I was flat-chested jail bait at the time, okay?

For ten years I thought the song "she might have been a nice girl" was about me; I learned from Burton after the Junos in 1979 that he was about his ex but he also said it had been his favourite song at the time. See really he just THINKS it was about Janet/Janice whatever - my influence on him was soooooo subtle - but really that's MY song.

And when he married a woman who'd only known him for a few months and had not been a fan back in the day, I gathered up 10 years worth of clippings and gave them to the guy who made the introductions as a wedding present for Cheryl - passing the torch, as it were.

To bring this post back on topic - intelligence per se aside I must admit that I am HUGELY attracted to a guy with musical talent - especially piano players! Daddy played the piano until his stroke when I was 12 - he had me on Tiny Talent Time when I was 4 - and I've been "singing for my supper" ever since (figuratively, not literally).

Truth is that one guy I was completely head over heels crazy mad in love with - I have no idea how smart he was - we were both Scorpios - sparks flew when we were in the same room - even when our respective spouses were around. I at least got some great material for a song out of the experience!

At the end of the day I don't think we have any control over who we fall in love with; our only choice is what we do about it. Especially if they don't love us back - or will even entertain the possibility of speculating about the potential for considering a hypothetical attempt to ascertain whether we can give them what they NEED even if we're not what they think they're looking for. I can lose the weight (you know who you are) but where will you ever find another woman who holds a CANDLE to my intelligence, wit, passion, and willingness to let your prove your theories about the G spot (well okay that last one is pretty easy... )

Dar
I really need to stop drinking coffee in the evening my circadian(sp?) rhythms are all messed up - guess getting back on my medication would too
 Katkats
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2006 3:23:30 AM
must have been at the Gay Cavalier some time around 1974..

I clearly remember that night......I lived out of town at that time....and remember
having way toooooo many drinks bought for me.....and I got totally loaded....so
everyone chipped in and got a room and hauled me off to sleep it off.....nothing
scarey than waking up on a Saturday morning, alone....and at the Gay Cavalier!!!
(But I did have a room with a balcony)...lol, must have been the presidential suite...

But back on topic.......that ^^^ shows even back then.......(youth) that some
people were intelligent enough not to let me drive.....
 A0GodOfChivalry
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2012 8:44:27 PM
I don't think that women these days even know what intelligent men even are.

If they really liked intelligent men... the way they always say they do or "pretend" they do... then why are all the nerds and the geeks still the biggest loners out there? The only kind of men who will never get married until they are 98 years old?

Allot of women these days also "pretend" to like gentlemen... but when ever I try to do something nice for those ones... they always reject me.
 foxycdnlady
Msg: 125
Posted: 3/12/2012 7:21:01 PM
i totally agree Munkeechi, Intellect is sexy but humor, honesty, and romance is definitely preferred but good looks is a bonus but not all there is to a man...
Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > Do women hate intelligent Men .......................