Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why Do Women Do Stupid Things During Breakups???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mimosa
Msg: 151
view profile
History
Why Do Women Do Stupid Things During Breakups???Page 7 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
I was going to say it's probably the horror of the man's...(since the question was women doing stupid things)........ inhumanity and the total injustice a lot of times. Sugahpie's story expresses why very well. How she kept her cool is a wonder.
 Kaptainess
Msg: 152
Why Do Women Do Stupid Things During Breakups???
Posted: 7/13/2007 4:37:35 PM
As of 7/13/2007 there are over 1,642,747+ STD'S and HIV deaths in the world to date for the year 2007. Also you have to bear with me here, there are crazy women having affairs with your mate that will try to KILL you thinking that you are the one that should be out of the way. Remember Amy who shot the guy's wife? There are numerous things that are downright dangerous when your mate or worst yet, husband or wife cheats on you. Last, but not least, the deep wounds of hurt and betrayal that accompanies the actions.

This woman had every right to throw a fit! Someone should give her a badge of honor for it. To bring another person in your own home and have sex in your bed? Geez! Total disrespect! I'm angry just seeing that happen to another woman.

Yes I have been there. Did I throw his stuff out? No. Did I have calls threaten me from his extra marital idiot? Yes. What did I do? Waited. I waited until he left for night duty and all of my friends came over and packed my stuff up and I left. Did I trash his stuff? No. Why? Because the most valuable item he possessed was me and I took me with me. I only wished one thing; to be there when he came home to an empty apartment. See, I am the bird in the relationship, I feather the nest with comfy things.

I'm happy now that five years down the road and each year an annual HIV test comes clean I celebrate! I take life very seriously when it comes to dating, mating and seeking a partner with hopes that the next guy I meet takes it as seriously as I do.

Cheaters will only do it again and again. My girlfriend's husband had children by another woman, how messy is her life? BOTH of their salaries are to pay for HIS mistake, so their standard of life is reduced because he was the unfaithful one. The wife has to share her husband with a kid that is not from their union. So every so often the kid comes over to their house for vists. Geez!

So there you have it, what goes on when a partner cheats!

Larissan04
Msg: 153
Posted: 7/13/2007 9:18:37 PM
while i certainly don't condone such behavior, you have to keep in mind that this was a marriage here, not a simple "break up." you are twenty three years old and most likely have never been married. how could you possibly understand the depth of such a situation. i am not trying to be patronizing here.

now i WAS married, and i WAS cheated on. while i did nothing of the sort to my ex-husband, i certainly wish i had at least done more to protect myself through the divorce. he got everything and i lost everything.

i think that what you are seeing here is the utter rage at being betrayed on such a profound level. see, when you marry someone you really love you have a very deep trust. they are your best friend. it is a difficult transition to make. it is hard to take when you finally realize that that person who was your best friend is now your biggest enemy. there is also the fact that this woman's best friend was an accessory to this deception.

while i don't condone it i can certainly say that i understand it on some level. this man created the situation. if he hadn't done that would she have been acting that way? i dont think so.

lar
Posted: 9/8/2007 8:45:33 AM
AwD4ever
Kid, I gotta tell ya...If they were married she had every right to do anything she wanted to his stuff. It's half hers anyway... What gives "HER" the right?...What gives him the right?!... I gotta give you a little leeway because of your age but I was more responsible of my commitments when I was in High School.
 Good_to_go
Msg: 155
Posted: 9/8/2007 9:01:27 AM
Thank you sassysweets--you are on my thoughts.
This man who posted this question has no idea what love and attachment really is; probably he never truly loved someone, just played and had a good time--that's why he sees the things so easily.
When you're dumped there is a big pain and death in your soul--nothing can be compared with that painful heart.
That's why people, not only women, tend to do crazy things. We all hope to get over it (the break-up) as soon as possible, but there is not as we wish.
Advice for that guy: expect at what is the worst when you're going to hurt a woman again.
 Ianmac1946
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2009 10:53:52 AM
Most of you posters on here , particularly you womenfolk , seem to miss the point of OP 's question......imho

He asked why women do stupid things during breakups......just a gentle reminder..lol..!!

Not izzit legit to trash someone elses property......!

No-one is above the law whether it be murder or the destruction of private property...and....i'm not talking about jointly owned stuff.

In which case the answer has to be NO......as has been proved on many occasions when the culprit has been taken to court.

However, that being said , I have to admit to a sneaky feeling of admiration to some of the " revenge " perpetrated on these social miscreants ..!!
 Perfectly Formed
Msg: 157
Posted: 1/17/2009 4:31:34 PM
I think it works both ways... Both sexes are capable of going a bit nutty when they are hurting... Not proud of the fact that i have done so myself... I curse mobile phones and email in the early hours of the morning when that " i am hurting i want revenge" feeling creeps over you... Doesn't help that your ex will know exactly how to press your buttons and all it takes is for them to do it at the wrong moment and bang you've got your very own nutcase!
 aliveone1
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2009 6:36:33 PM
Although I don't entirely understand this response, I think that it might actually be healthier response than the one I usually have. For instance, when my live-in fiance' broke it off with me (years ago)...he gave no explanation what-so-ever. My reaction? I helped him pack and actually helped him carry a couch up three flights of stairs to his new apartment! In retrospect, I kind of wish I DID burn all of his shit in the yard! LOL Ahhh...sweet closure!
 gemzenith
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2009 6:39:29 PM
I've come to the conclusion that all men can be ***holes but all women seem to have a crazy lady inside.Every guy I know(even my guy friends)seem to be capable of****moves- so its sets off the crazy lady- myself included. so Ive vowed to maintain my internal crazy lady and just walk away from all the****moves- cuz if he's not a total****he'll take a stepback and realize whats up and will pull his head out of his ass.
 *Sassy Redhead*
Msg: 160
Posted: 1/17/2009 7:12:04 PM
I don't know...Why do men always resort to calling a woman a lesbian when they break up with him? It is a common occurance during divorce...I talk from experience on this one.

Dude!!!!! Women are NOT the only one's that engage in this kind of behavior. Hello...it is called anger, hurt, betrayal...etc... Some people just have better coping skills then others when dealing with negative feelings. It is not a gender thing by far !

jeez grow up, act your age, and move on...don't throw a hissy fit or get ur panties all in a twist because of it...he doesn't like you, there's the door now move.

Easy for you to say if you are always the jilter... U sound rather callous...have some compassion!
 Sepia777
Msg: 161
Posted: 1/17/2009 7:48:41 PM
um.....maybe if you dropped your callous attitude didn't generalize so damn much maybe you would not have had your shyt tossed and broken up..*smirk*

re:

I didn't trash my ex's stuff ,but I did hold it hostage and demanded a ransom. He left me for another woman ,two weeks after our son was born . He actually dumped me by telephone , while we was at my mothers . He went to visit a friend and called me from there and said " Oh by the way , I'm leaving you for another woman ." I was stranded ,and had to find a way home . He took all the money ,and left me with nothing ,plus a sick baby on a apena monitor that just got out of the hospital .
I went through the house ,and took everything of his that was worth any money and had a neighbor hold onto it for me . When he came to get his stuff 3 days later ,the expensive stuff was gone . The cops was called and I stood there ever so innocently and said "He is free to search the house because I have no idea what he is talking about. He could of came into the house and got it while I was stranded 25 miles away , and trying to find a way home ,since he has the only car . " He started listing everything that was missing and I said ' Do you have a recepit for any of the stuff ?" He said " Hmm yes " and I whispered in his ear , when the cop went into the other room , "You did have a recepit until I tore them up and flushed them down the toilet .Now give me 1000.00, so I can pay the rent and take care of the baby and I will give you your stuff back ." I needed enough money to get by on ,until my doctor released me to go back to work ,because I was still on maturnity leave . Needless to say , he paid up .

applause:
Omg you go gurl!!! you rock!!! wow!!!
Im SO sorry for what you had to go thru with your newborn.. so sad and what a guttersnipe your ex is....but gee I really commend you for not being a victim and being a strong woman and takin care of you and your precious baby-- I hope he is doing well..
God bless and stay strong
 southernlady1840
Msg: 162
Posted: 1/21/2009 10:36:24 AM
i say if he was concerned about is personal items he shuold have kept his pants zipped.... it may be wrnog to do this but the fact is he was wrong for cheating and women get mad about these things and who is to sya she didnt pay for those items if she was married to him they were half hers anyway so... i say if you dont want to get stung then dont stir up a hornets nest....
 monstah mash
Msg: 163
Posted: 1/24/2009 4:30:09 PM
[qoute]ok to cover my ass before everyone starts bashing me...i'm sorry for generlizing women but in recent posts i've seen women mostly generalizing men and making us look like the "bad guy" or whatever and i haven't really heard stories about men trashing womens items which i'm sure it has happened but it's just a question that i would like to know that's all i'm not saying that men are perfect cause we're not but lets be honest here.

OK I might be all late on this but ok... I was 20 when I got divorced and let me tell you, my ex- husband not only SOLD my car when I was away for the weekend at a work conference, but he also burned/discinigrated about 1500 Dollars worth of Vintage clothing/props/shoes ( I was a Pinup Model) that came from MY money not even OURS! he closed MY account took MY money and bought HIS (now wife) an engagement ring! take in mind, HE cheated on ME but he was upset that I filed for divorce...

the worst thing I did honestly, was throw my phone at him! hahahaha but that's because he started talkin about my Grandpa (R.I.P) and you dont talk about my gpa
so I think in this "psycho" situation, it goes both ways and both parties over react!
I will agree, we're adults we need to GROW-UP and act right... but sometimes our emotions get the best of us what can we do? ya know?
 barbee1970
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2009 5:22:49 PM
Maybe he'll think twice before cheating. Why shouldn't she be angry that he ran off with another woman. Yes, Lorena Bobbitt was genius! I always thought men who want to use there penis like a weapon deserve to lose it. All these pedophiles ought to be next!
 cdn-iceman
Msg: 165
Posted: 1/24/2009 9:21:18 PM
yeah ok Barbee1970, you think a woman cutting off a man penis while he was sleeping makes her genius? since you haven't your brain does that mean your head should be cut off too?

There is nothing funny about cutting of a man penis, now if he was a pedophile yeah most of us would help you there.
 cdn-iceman
Msg: 166
Posted: 1/25/2009 7:41:28 AM
Ooops I meant Haven t used your brain, silly typo error ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I saw the video on You Tube, good for her for embarrassing the cheating bast*ard
I thought it was funny and I'd give her the thumbs up, I dont agree with the poster who thinks his d1ck should be cut off.
 shaz62
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2009 7:47:33 AM
Hey! My ex cheated on me with my ex best friend after 21 years of marriage... I did nothing stayed alone for 3 years and when I met another guy he kicked my car and left dents in it!
Threw my bin rubbish across the garden took my jewllery and trashed my house!

He was angry that I had met someone else even though he is living with my ex best friend?

Moral of the story? its not the wronged that always do these mad things?
 Leafin
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2009 8:34:51 AM
This is so true verygreeneyez!!! I have just had to laugh at some of the things that people have done to their exes. I wanted to when my common law husband left me for my so called " best girlfriend." He left his prized muscle car parked out front of the house for most of the summer. Boy, was I tempted to put sugar in the gas tank. But then when I really thought about it, he was going to get his in the end. The new girlfriend doesnt like to clean or cook, and he always demanded a clean house and meals on the table at certain times of the day. WEll good luck buddy!!LOL, she has always hated cleaning house and basically lived like a pig and cook, hah, anytime we ever were together I did the cooking and the cleaning up and her kids to. So ya, karma and the belief in what comes around goes around, that about sums it all up.LOL
 Leafin
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2009 8:57:31 AM
LMAO!!! Oh my god!! This is the best one I have read yet. lol. You just hit the nail on the head with this one. And yes, its not worth buying the whole pig to get a little sausage.LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely Priceless!!!
 diamondgirl2727
Msg: 170
Posted: 1/25/2009 9:16:30 AM
Have you never heard that hell hath no fury like a woman scorned???? I dont bother anymore because it just shows that you cared and that they had the power to hurt you. I wont give that satisfaction anymore, I'll just let karma do the job for me.
 Straight Christian Lady
Msg: 171
Posted: 1/25/2009 9:49:13 AM
Do you mean ~
"why do some women refuse to quietly disappear from your life once you've decided it's over? Instead they express anger, shock, disillusionment and hurt: stuff I don't want to deal with because it's uncomfortable and I just want it to go away so I can feel better."
 printer2
Msg: 172
Posted: 1/25/2009 10:14:46 AM
Probably said somewhere else but I can not be bothered to read all the pages.

so why do women do this kind of stuff???

Because they can.
 ProdigalSon81
Msg: 173
Posted: 1/25/2009 11:19:06 AM
To be fair, both sexes do stupid things before, during and after breakups.
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 174
Posted: 4/21/2009 9:49:29 AM
I have to admit that during my last break-up, I was stuck on stupid. I wanted to hurt him as much as he had hurt me. There was no reason for him to trample my heart, but no reason for me to throw spears, either.

Love-induced psychosis?
 Nicegirl2021
Msg: 175
Posted: 4/21/2009 5:55:27 PM
I think the hurt/destructive part comes from deceit if you want to play around be single don't lie and sneak around. Been on both sides its never good better just to be honest.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why Do Women Do Stupid Things During Breakups???