Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > The Pathological Liars Thread      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 heartwarmer1955
Msg: 51
The Pathological Liars ThreadPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I agree, I have had men tell me some of their stories in theirr meetings with some women.
 heartwarmer1955
Msg: 52
The Pathological Liars Thread
Posted: 1/17/2007 7:54:55 PM
How right you are. I wasn't impressed with his comment either. I have met some really nice guys on this site, just to talk with and chat as friends. I won't catergorize all men as deceitful, I don't believe they all are.
 Creativguy
Msg: 53
Posted: 1/17/2007 7:56:30 PM

LIEING ABOUT SOMEONES DEATH IS JUST WRONG.

But it's so hard to be truthful about it if they haven't died yet.
 puppylove
Msg: 54
Posted: 1/17/2007 8:05:57 PM
I love the ones that claim they never lied, they just so happened to 'exclude' some information. Please!
 firegurl61-17
Msg: 55
Posted: 1/17/2007 8:20:05 PM
EVERYBODY LIES! SOME WEAVE THREADS INTO A DOILIE AND SOME MAKE A WHOLE QUILT!
 4408joseph
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2008 11:29:01 AM
Is this on??? Testing ...1,2,3...Testing...

Listen up.... The Liars Club didn't just call,and.......

there is Not a meeting this saturday!!!
 issy154
Msg: 57
Posted: 1/26/2008 12:25:32 AM
I dated one, too, unfortunately. Shit happens. You learn from it.
 suzie74
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2008 6:39:55 AM
Ugh, I just ended a 6 month relationship with one. For whatever particular reason it was embedded in him that its ok to lie to his family. He lies so casually to his immediate family about the dumbest things. Such as him spraining his foot playing football. He told his grandma he fell down a flight of stairs. For whatever particular reason he doesn't want his family knowing he plays football. Supposedly he has a back injury and wasn't supposed to be playing. It was just so weird watching him make up stories to his family about the dumbest things. And how EASY it was to look them in the EYES and lie to them. It came so naturally for him.

Also his jobs. He lied to me and his family about that. He was very lazy. For 6 weeks he looked me in the eyes and said that he was working. Found out he was collecting unemployment at the time. Yes I had to do detective work and checked his phone.

And the worst of all....he lied to me about his STD screening. He is in the military and before we had sex he told me he was just recently screened. Found out he hadn't been tested for a year. Due to the fact he was in the military, my head was racing. That was the end of our relationship. Fortunately my screening came back perfect. I even took an AIDS test. But he put my health at RISK!

The scary part is he has a very charming personality and is very believable to vulnerable people. But when I would confront him, he became extremely ragefull. From throwing glass and breaking items in his apartment. I could feel myself being afraid to confront him due to his anger.

I'm glad I got out when i did.
 JTR1985
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2008 4:04:17 PM
just thought id add to this thread. i dated a girl for 5 years and have a beutiful baby boy with her whos 2. she cheated on me 3 times, even at christmas. she got pregnant a month after id forgiven her and taken her back the 3rd time. that was two years ago. she never cheated within them two years, but she recently ran off with the guy she cheated with 2 years ago, 2 weeks before last chrismas.

she lied and was very deceitful about things, near the end, used to go around and she'd be all dressed up somedays telling me not to pick her up from uni later after work. ended up in hospital one night because she told me she went to uni when really she ended up in a bar with him, drank too much and passed out. caught the two of them having a quiet drink in a bar once. now the two of them are engaged, poped the question on new years eve. they took everything me and her acheived in 5 years and did in three weeks, feels like she belittled me and what we had. took it really hard when she left me for him, scared myself a lot but im better off without it. it nearly destroyed who i am. took a lot from me but this time she will not be forgiven. i was too ........... lenient

one day ill find someone who appreciates me but i willl never let anyone do this to me again.
 XXX-Guy
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2008 11:45:42 PM

I just ran into one of these men. Who NEVER told me about his first marriage...and then LIED and told me she died of a terminal illness four months after they were married...and yet had to get a divorce from her? I swear, it's enough to make me give up on the entire male population, as sick as I am of this type of behavior.

Is this one of those "all men are liars and all women are sweet angels" threads? If it is then somebody pass me a bucket.....FAST!
 D_lily
Msg: 61
Posted: 1/28/2008 11:53:47 PM
Oh come on now....It's not lies, it's invisioned truths. You only have to be careful of the ones that really believe themselves.
 ex-navy
Msg: 62
Posted: 1/28/2008 11:58:14 PM
I don't decieve. There was this one time when my ex wanted me to quit smoking. I tried to quit, but of course failed. Then I lied about quitting. Of cource she found out and I felt bad, but with that exception, I don't do a whole lotta lieing. Keep your head up OP, there's plenty of good guys out there. It's just sometimes hard to find them because they're tired of dealing with women that have the same problem as well as others.
 Next Time Round
Msg: 63
Posted: 1/29/2008 12:48:25 AM
In psychology, mythomania (also known as pseudologia fantastica or pathological lying) is a condition involving compulsive lying by a person with no obvious motivation. The affected person might believe their lies to be truth, and may have to create elaborate myths to reconcile them with other facts.

Although there is more if a person wants to look it up, the above quote from Wikipedia [and other online sources of information] sheds some light on what pathological lying actually is. The key words IMHO are 'with no obvious motivation.' When a man contacts a woman on a dating site and lies (or vice versa) there is indeed clear motivation as to why a person would do so. And how narcissism found its way once more into the discussion is beyond me.
 DonQ
Msg: 64
Posted: 1/29/2008 11:44:33 AM
Pathological liars huh? Well I once caught a fish THIS BIG!

Ok sorry, I just had to say it.

You were lied to and used. I'm sorry it happened to you. But as much as it hurts and makes you angry, think of how much better you are with that a$$hole in your life. try to think positive and don't judge all of us with a "y" chromosome the same. I'll grant you I'm not the best example but I know there are some good and decent men out there. Just keep looking.
 NorseViking869
Msg: 65
Posted: 1/29/2008 11:54:15 AM

at least you don't have a broken heart over it so it can't be that bad but the majority of males do deceive, you just have to accept that.

You definatly belong on this thread as that is a bold face lie. Most men do not decieve, People in general are less than honest at times.

they come in both genders folks

Ai't that the truth brother, Spoken like a true gentlman.
 yoodle
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2008 12:00:47 PM
minkdumink--I get to use one of these and one of these

Oh! this is about love? I thought it was about Bush,Cheney,Rice and Rumsfeld.The four horsemen of the apocalypse.

It is the state of the onion. Here's more (I still can't believe I heard this) from a right-wing (Christian) couple I count among my friends (praying, hoping that my Christianity can influence theirs ): they're moving all their dough into offshore investments (and gold...right now, this month), war is (and was) ALWAYS good for our economy (yeah, if you had stock in Haliburton) , and the reason the recession is coming is that all the democrats have their hand out. Anyone got a statistic for $$ on the war the past 8 years vs $$ to various federal social programs?
 nebula22
Msg: 67
Posted: 1/29/2008 12:09:51 PM
I have met many pathological liars... Both men and women..
I was married to one most of my life...
She would lie about anything and everything..
All of us that don't lie should have our own planet and let the liars stay together..
Then they could have a field day lying to each other...
Now that we have that figured out, what do we do about all the biggots???

Liar to biggot ' I believe in peace'..
Biggot to peace.. ' I think we should declare war on him and steal his land'...
Peace to biggot and liar.. 'Why can't we all just get along?'
 SwampHunter
Msg: 68
Posted: 1/29/2008 12:15:06 PM
Yea - they do come on both genders. My ex told me she was divorced when she wasn't, that she had a PhD in Clinical Neuropharmacology, but she didn't, and those are just the bigger lies. I'm not even mentioning all the stuff like telling people we were about to buy an $880,000 home, right after she got fired from her job! lol

Of course she had an explaination, justification, or excuse for everything. As easy as it is to point the finger at someone like that - I have had to learn to take responsibility for being such an idiot. There WERE warning signs, but I ignored them because our engagement was so public. We got engaged at the Governor's personal Christmas party at the Governor's Mansion. Then he stopped his own party, took the mike from the band, and announced it to the who's who of the Republican Party, many of whom are old family friends and/or my clients. Then, to top it all off, the next day somebody called the story in to the morning show on our local top 40 radio station.

It was all very romantic, but so public, I started to ignore the warning signs that began popping up afterwards, just to try and preserve my reputation. I even married her in spite of them all. Is there any wonder it lasted little more than a year?

Bottom line - yea - she should have been honest with me - but I also should have been honest with myself. I should have cut my losses a long time ago. Live & learn though - now I have a serious allergy to "nuts"! lol

Mark
 NorseViking869
Msg: 69
Posted: 1/29/2008 12:22:07 PM

Liar to biggot ' I believe in peace'..
Biggot to peace.. ' I think we should declare war on him and steal his land'...
Peace to biggot and liar.. 'Why can't we all just get along?'
 Peekamoose
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2008 12:33:47 PM
Once again a woman gets burned and blames all men,at least this time folks were quick to point out ***holes come in 2 genders. Speaking of which-how did you fall for the dead wife thing?As someone wisely pointed out-you are a target and will continue to be one and no doubt just blame men.
You need to wise up,and quick.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > The Pathological Liars Thread