Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > can men fall in love after a couple weeks???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Get Smart
Msg: 151
can men fall in love after a couple weeks???Page 7 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Yes.. I believe on the Internet it's called "love at first write".
 Ranger14
Msg: 152
can men fall in love after a couple weeks???
Posted: 4/10/2007 4:48:11 PM
Over the last 9 years I have fallen in love twice and in both cases it was within the first 2-3 weeks. Whose to say who can and can't fall in love in a certain time period? I have met many a happy couple who have fallen in love in the first week or two of their relationship and some even the first time they met. Based on my experience and those, I would say it is definitely possible.
 dannyr0697
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2007 5:22:14 PM

We *BOTH* knew there was a very strong two way match going on. When this is real-both sides drop the bs- and start making it happen.

Well, once again Ron, you've nailed it. I could have quoted your whole post and agreed with the whole thing. But this is my favorite part.

I've experienced this 2 times in my life. And there's nothing like it. They didn't always turn into LTR's (one did), but they were unforgetable.

L8TR
 sexy_temptress
Msg: 154
Posted: 4/10/2007 8:17:26 PM
Of course men can fall in love in a matter of weeks...they are humans too. For all the skeptics, I was the biggest skeptic of all...until it hit me like a tornado. You never know what will hit you and one day, it does, and it changes your beliefs entirely.
 L.A.Rose
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2007 2:28:03 PM
If its LOVE~~~anything is possible!!!!
Men or women~~~~if its the right chemistry~~~~BOOM

AND LOOK-OUT AHEAD
MIGHT BE
CRAZY/FUN
 FluffyBrain
Msg: 156
Posted: 4/14/2007 6:41:34 AM
OP: often, people are infatuated and they may think it's love. on the other hand, infatuation may lead to love over time.

people who are unable to discern infatuation/chemistry from love very early on strike me as somewhat given to impulsiveness and lacking in maturity. (not a recipe for a great, stable relationship in the future.)

in this particular case, the other woman is a big red flag.

i say: leave now.
 tmotts
Msg: 157
Posted: 4/14/2007 6:54:16 AM
All the signs prove you are both off to a good start!!!! You dont feel this with just anybody in the beginning!!!! As for love, well if you guys make it and stay together, than you will be able to one day look back and compare the feelings. You may realize after loving him for a few years that you have always loved him right from the beginning. But it is hard to say now!
 juan_valdez
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2007 7:01:12 AM
Famous last words.. "I'm too smart for that " !

A man who falls into something quickly is as likely to fall out of it just as quickly !
 Finally_Happy
Msg: 159
Posted: 4/14/2007 7:47:44 AM
Hmmm... I would be very weary and cautious around this one. I had a very similar experience. Except the guy was telling me he "loved me" with a week! I found it a bit over the top. I don't think he knew what love meant, as opposed to infatuation. In my situation, it signalled a serious issue with insecurity and an overwhelming desire to be "hitched" with someone. His notion of "self" was tied to being with someone. Within 6 weeks, the guy had also bought me a rather large diamond ring (yeah, it was real). It escalated from there and his insecurity issues became worse and worse. I think my allowing him to progress so fast actually fuelled his insecurity issues and his demands of me became worse and worse... to the point where he asked me to drop out of my Graduate Programme to spend "more time" with him. My having interests and ambitions outside of the "love" relationship he saw as a threat. Point being, be careful of the easily-in-love type. Chances are, they have some severe boundary and insecurity problems.
 Finally_Happy
Msg: 160
Posted: 4/14/2007 7:49:56 AM
OMG, Carmella! Thank you for pointing that out! I also found that in my "I'm-in-love-with-you" in a week guy. I wasn't a "partner" moreso a "possession." If a guy is telling you he loves you in a short period of time, he is confused and wants to own you, not see you as an equal. I wish I listened to the warning bells in mine!!!
 Gilf69
Msg: 161
Posted: 4/14/2007 8:01:08 AM
No.. That would be impossible. He was most likely just infatuated with you. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference. They are very similar feelings. But, love takes a lot of time to develop. Sometimes years....
 princess too
Msg: 162
Posted: 4/14/2007 8:09:53 AM
Tarahellgirl ... all i can say is OH MY GOD.... met a European guy on here chatted for a couple weeks, met him, had instant chemistry for BOTH of us... was awesome and I too am not easily won over, had my share and a marriage... we were seeing each other about 3 times a week, spoke everyday, text messages,emails,over the phone, asked me after 2 weeks to go on a cruise with another couple he knew, I said no gently, suggested a trip down the road when we knew each other more, ( was a bit quick for something that intimate and confined! ) asked me "where had i been all his life", suggested I could move some clothes into his place... anyway you get the picture, must admit I was carried away too, then we had a spat one night, very minor, he wouldnt return my calls for awhile or see me, even though i apologized 5 times profusely for my part in it, then he said that he thought that I was moving to FAST????? And that maybe we could "be friends because we had so much fun together" ? Told him i already have male friends and am now looking for a serious relationship... SO is it me thats nuts? MY advice DO NOT MOVE QUICKLY, DO NOT be intimate with someone right away and if it feels like youve been hit with a torado NOW give it a few more weeks ... lol PS Hope its not the same guy !
 fuzzle
Msg: 163
Posted: 4/14/2007 8:12:53 AM
OP: often, people are infatuated and they may think it's love. on the other hand, infatuation may lead to love over time.

people who are unable to discern infatuation/chemistry from love very early on strike me as somewhat given to impulsiveness and lacking in maturity. (not a recipe for a great, stable relationship in the future.)

He's likely just infatuated with the person he thinks you are or the person he's seen so far or possibly even just the idea of being in love with someone/anyone....obviously there is a lot more to you than he can see in just two weeks. Wait and see how he feels about you in 8 months to a year.... after he's seen the real you, both the good and not so good stuff. If he's still around and still feels the same by then, it might actually be that he loves you...
 Mistress M
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2007 12:01:41 PM
There are those rare occasions when everything in a person's life is in perfect alignment and a chance meeting here online on in person can be the beginning of the very best time of your life. Love can happen "at first write" or at "first sight". The important thing is the connection. There are no set timeframes. If it happens embrace it, revel in it and build on it. If it lasts for six months or sixty years it is still worth taking the chance.
 justanormalguy72
Msg: 165
Posted: 4/14/2007 12:21:44 PM
In love after a couple of weeks? Anyone who says they are in love that quickly are just desperate. How can you be in love with someone you barely know? I would say a couple of years sounds more reasonable.
 swtnjgirl
Msg: 166
Posted: 4/14/2007 12:29:14 PM
Its called infatuation and it wears off. It can last for weeks or months.
 chelle18
Msg: 167
Posted: 4/14/2007 1:21:47 PM
am guys can i meet this guy on here like in march and we are getting married in october so ya go for it
 burl_guy
Msg: 168
Posted: 4/14/2007 1:28:57 PM
Be careful, Learn the difference between LOVE and INFACTUATION, they are two differnt things totally, I highly recomend you do your own studies from the internet regarding these two isssues
 codyellie
Msg: 169
Posted: 4/14/2007 1:31:58 PM
NO....................its all bullshit...............10000000 percent NOT LOVE.
 fuzzle
Msg: 170
Posted: 4/14/2007 1:53:50 PM
In MARCH????? Like as in last month????.... or last year?????
 dannyr0697
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2007 6:39:30 AM

In MARCH????? Like as in last month????....or last year???

Since this thread is about falling in love after a couple of weeks.......

I've found that sometimes these instant bonfires burn out way too quick.
IE; didn't take long to build, won't last long. Not always true. Just an observation.

L8TR
 Mistress M
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2007 10:46:03 AM
Absolutely not true in all cases. Relationships fail because people stop trying to build on them. They are not self-sustaining, so regardless of how you met and how soon or long it took to fall in love , you can never become complacent. Some flings are enormously intense and then die, but then again so do long term marriages.
 rsgrant
Msg: 173
Posted: 4/15/2007 10:49:53 AM
i think that anyone can fall in something after a couple of weeks. Just becareful how fast you go and how much you are willing to give. It is possible but I myself would hate to fall in a pile of SH_T!
 Electriclynn
Msg: 174
Posted: 4/15/2007 11:03:28 AM
To quote weight lifting common knowledge - Men have great strength (testosterone), but women had longevity (estrogen). Men need to learn to control themselves and women need to learn to gently keep the boat in the water - which takes strength of character.

No harm in taking your time. I know a quick game seems good, but it is the long and thoughtful game of chess that is most respected.

Good luck with that one - since you seem unsure - I will beg of you - break him gently so not to bruise if this is how it plays out for you.
 mystique-elle
Msg: 175
Posted: 4/16/2007 5:20:55 PM
Ok, it all depends... If you are drop dead gorgeous could be total infuation..on the otherhand, if you are plain and have lots in common it could possibly be *love* just keep your guard up.. of course it can go either way... just becareful and have fun and get to know each other before anything else..
Friend of mine very professional quite plain was engaged within 2 weeks after she met someone from a dating site... however, 4 years later she is happily married.. with the same guy... still madly in love...cool huh!?
Just remember that sometimes they might want to get inside your pants.. so, my advice to you .. listen to the gut (instinct) and do not get caught with your pants down.

Good Luck and all the best.. Hope it works out for you!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > can men fall in love after a couple weeks???