Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Why do so many people seem to hate cops?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 maximusminimus
Msg: 1601
Why do so many people seem to hate cops?Page 65 of 69    (29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69)
Police are occasionally useful, when cowardice or the legal ramifications of acting for oneself present problems. For the most part, police are thugs of small minded self-importance, serving as minions in a half-assed tyranny modeled upon the distorted retrospective of an erstwhile feudal hierarchy.

I would gladly call a cop to come ferret out a burglar or stand between me and harm of some sort, but if my daughter was intending to marry a man in blue, she would have to pay for her own cake and wedding.

It's not my fault if grown men want to volunteer to be the embodiment of a classical rift in our civilized consciousness, straddling the divide between whatever self-congratulatory rhetoric we may invent to soothe the ravages of our actual instincts.
 FL CO
Msg: 1602
view profile
History
Why do so many people seem to hate cops?
Posted: 3/8/2010 7:46:10 PM
I find it funny that you want to call on an officer to protect you, but wouldn't trust your daughter with one. If you felt so strongly about LEOs, what does that say about your daughter if she wanted to marry one? They're necessary in society. Unfortunately you and many others fail to understand LE. I don't know why you have such negative views. Maybe you got caught doing something you shouldn't, maybe a girlfriend left you for one, maybe you've had a legit bad experience. Instead of realizing that individuls make up the police force, you and other paint everyone with the same broad brush. Its sad really that so many are so narrow minded
 maximusminimus
Msg: 1603
Posted: 3/8/2010 7:52:31 PM
It's a burden I have to carry. It comes with being able to understand the role of the constable in society.

Cops are great people, if anyone ever is, but as a group they share the singular discredit of having traded all self-respect for the approval of an unworthy authority. I count them among the mindless drones of tyranny, along with soldiers and spies. There is something missing in the human mind that would devote itself wholeheartedly to an empty platitude, without having even the vaguest idea of there being anything real and important beyond it.
 Spitfire1956
Msg: 1604
Posted: 3/8/2010 7:59:33 PM
My husband was LE for over 20 yrs., and I supported him in every shape and form. I have no problem with the honest and decent cops, it's the ones who are corrupt and think their crap doesn't stink that I have some issues with...and the fact that not one single LE will go against another of their "good ole boys" that wear the badge to look into a death that sounds suspicious....Maybe they are scared for their own life..who knows, but I do know that my husband didn't shoot himself in the back of his head- and not one will step forward to investigate it the way it should have been investigated!! So my respect for LE went out the window right along with everything else.
 WalksOnWater2
Msg: 1605
Posted: 3/8/2010 9:37:58 PM
Fl co
I find it funny that you want to call on an officer to protect you, but wouldn't trust your daughter with one.

As a matter of fact, my daughter IS married to a cop, and he's the bestest kid in town, if a mother-in-law's opinion amounts to anything.

One of my best friends (the kind I can trust with my life) is also a cop, and retired recently after 32 years in the force. So I am not prejudiced, even though in my young years it was only by sheer luck, that I didn't get 'closely' acquainted with the police.

I have heard stories of bad cops and medium cops too, I also have heard stories of bad accountants and reprehensible plumbers, lousy hairdressers, unworthy hoteliers, vicious astronauts, unpardonable chefs, and deplorable pathologists.

As in any other vocation, there are some rotten apples in the law enforcement, but we need the protection of the rest, so I wouldn't throw out the whole barrel...

Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 1606
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2010 4:26:45 AM

Instead of realizing that individuls make up the police force, you and other paint everyone with the same broad brush. Its sad really that so many are so narrow minded

This is where I come in! :D

Let's begin shall we?

When an officer is sued by an individual or individuals in the public for some form of misconduct who do you think pays? That's right! We do! The tax payers!
A cab driver who had the crap beat out of him by an officer of the law is now filing a
$500, 000 lawsuit. The officer was charged so guaranteed the suit will follow through.

Correctional officers in New Brunswick were charged with criminal negligence resulting in the death of Ashley Smith. Family suing for $11 million.

When individuals of this stature are costing tax payers ridiculous amounts of money because of stupidity that is a concern! When tax payers pay for something they didn't do you better believe we gonna paint everyone of them with the same broad brush!!
 Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 1607
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2010 4:36:34 AM

there are some rotten apples in the law enforcement

Depending on the terminology of rotten apples and to what extent they are rotten, if there are really bad apples then there is something going on in that whole police department as opposed to just a few!

People will always come across officers who feel they are they law instead of they enforce the law. ( Usually traits of narcissism are an issue) That is a very fine line and needs to be addressed if they cross it. Some other people don't know their rights as citizens and could be taken advantage of.

There is also that "Blue Code of Silence" which is an officer is acting out his fellow officers may feel pressured to stay silent in order to keep the peace between colleagues.
 That Handy Man
Msg: 1608
Posted: 3/9/2010 6:32:34 AM
I would love to grant cops more power! I would love for Pimps and drug dealers to simply "disappear" no questions asked! lol But that is a slippery slope. Next thing, a law abiding citizen that goes out with a cops Ex, suddenly disappears as well! lol

Our society has become so strangely lopsided in many ways. We are largly very desensitised to so much yet the media can work us into a frenzy over things that don't concern us at all. We can walk by a person in need of help, not wanting to become involved, yet a child falls into a well, thousands of miles away and the continent, is glued to their TV screens! Doesn't make sense to me! That and a whole lot more!
 FL CO
Msg: 1609
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2010 9:33:53 AM

When individuals of this stature are costing tax payers ridiculous amounts of money because of stupidity that is a concern! When tax payers pay for something they didn't do you better believe we gonna paint everyone of them with the same broad brush!!

So you say its better to punish everyone rather than the individual? You must dislike a lot of groups because I can't think of any group that doesn't have stupid people in it
 NoBushLover
Msg: 1610
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2010 9:54:25 AM

So you say

Actually, he didn't, but it was nice attempt to put words in someone else's mouth.

I can't think of any group that doesn't have stupid people in it

Yes, it's a real shame that 99% of the cops give the other 1% a bad name
 jsmall291
Msg: 1611
Posted: 3/9/2010 12:00:26 PM
if i was a cop i would find the biggest and best site with the hottest girls on cam and lighten up this is the best one i know its the plenty of fish of cams as its the best and it really it free http://www.myfreecams.com/?baf=67155
 Spitfire1956
Msg: 1612
Posted: 3/9/2010 5:19:39 PM
Go to the sex site, that's where you belong.
 gitty--UP
Msg: 1613
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2010 6:44:42 PM
Some cops are somewhat good, most cops are bad.
 SaharaM
Msg: 1614
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2010 6:50:40 PM
^^ No one is uneducated enough to actually believe this.

Troll elsewhere.
 LadyOck
Msg: 1615
Posted: 3/9/2010 7:12:21 PM
The only cop I had any respect for was my father. I hate most cops because they are corrupt. Aside from being nasty, rude, etc. Since when is it ok for a Police Officer to treat citizens with disrespect? Criminals ok, but a citizen that needs help? Maybe for speeding you are going to arrest them? C'mon don't you guys believe in catching the bad guys anymore? Or is it just Hollywood?

You may be all that you say, but your breatheren are no better than the criminals they lock up!

Semper Fi-
Lorraine
 NothingLeftToBurn
Msg: 1616
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2010 7:20:51 PM

Some cops are somewhat good, most cops are bad.

^^ No one is uneducated enough to actually believe this.

Troll elsewhere.

I agree with that statement, more or less. I would have to reword it so that it reads, "some cops are somewhat good, most cops abuse their power" to fully agree with it.
 gitty--UP
Msg: 1617
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2010 11:09:57 PM
Power tripping pigs with a grudge are the worst, you see them tailing ya when your doing nothing wrong. I drove in circles once, he followed.
 Spitfire1956
Msg: 1618
Posted: 3/10/2010 4:17:00 PM
Everyone should try for child protection, there are too many child predators breathing our air!! I watch our officers here that sit in the parking lot just watching traffic..or see up to 3 cop cars sitting side by side talking with each other when they could be doing alot more important duties..like catching these creeps who keep breaking the laws. Just irks me to no end.
 Strings6
Msg: 1619
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2010 5:30:23 PM
Real criminals cost money..a good traffic stop can provide 100 dollars or more for the local pot...catch a real criminal and you have to pay to put them up.
 Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 1620
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2010 6:40:02 AM

Real criminals cost money..

The way the justice system is working is what is actually costing the money! And the longer the sentences get the more it will cost. ( And the incarceration does not rehabilitate most so it's somewhat counterproductive!)
 Spitfire1956
Msg: 1621
Posted: 3/11/2010 11:11:32 AM
Well, the police is what I'm referring to..not sons, daughters, mothers, fathers. There's a problem with cops who think they are above the law, who are abusive, who choose not to do the right thing. It's their choice- they know what is right from wrong. They went through their schools to learn the SOP's, they were taught "how" to do their job. The schools don't teach you to steal money they find on drug raids, or how to be corrupt, or how to murder and get by with it, they are not taught to get up and "lie" on the stand to protect their own a** ,or their good ole boys behind the badge. When people see this over and over again..they start wondering what's the point of trying- it won't do any good because they (police) do what they want anyway.
 gitty--UP
Msg: 1622
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2010 11:24:46 PM
We just hate the power hungry pigs that like to control everything and put fear into the general public doing nothing wrong. We dont hate the families of these pigs.
 Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 1623
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2010 4:31:56 AM
@ died

how did you get to post 3 posts in a row?

I only get to post 2!

Do you have any idea how frustrating it is when you have something witty to say and the saying "You have to wait cuz you've already posted 2 yadda yadda ....comes up?
>:/
 btj_rv
Msg: 1624
Posted: 3/12/2010 7:03:03 AM
Diamondbrooke made a good point message #5. I'd also think because it is big business just like war. Moreso that many officers go unsupervised. And thus no accountability for acts similar to what an employee would do without a supervisor present. It is part of the culture. If criminals learn how to perfect their craft in jail then it would seem that the focus of the criminal justice system would be on solutions. Subsequently, if society believes that there should be reform in the education system and social security then it would stand to reason that the same would be expected of law enforcement culture or not. A very reasonable step would be in it's hiring practices with regular review considering the extent of authority entrusted.
 gitty--UP
Msg: 1625
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2010 10:54:36 PM
Sweet_Le_Senza - you know your addicted to pof when you say that right.

There is nothing witty about cops. They are humanless, empty souls scouring the streets to write you up on a traffic fine, when the crack heads are out roaming around b&e'ing.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Why do so many people seem to hate cops?