Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Why do so many people seem to hate cops?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Cuckooforcocopuffs
Msg: 1651
view profile
History
Why do so many people seem to hate cops?Page 67 of 69    (29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69)
police believed he was armed and reaching for a weapon.

This reminds me of the South park episode When Ned and his hunting buddies justify killing anything and everything by yelling "It's coming right for us!!!"

All a cop has to say is "I thought he had a weapon", and they can kill whoever they want and get away with it.
Cops are the biggest criminals around.
 killene
Msg: 1652
Why do so many people seem to hate cops?
Posted: 3/22/2010 3:10:00 AM

But maybe that's not the best way to handle the situation? How many cops were there? I bet there was more there than than it was called for..and all those cops couldn't handle a mentally challenged man that was unarmed.

I have been told that it takes between 10-30 seconds for someone to pull out and shoot a gun, regardless of their physical and/or mental capacity.

People with special needs can and do participate in many activities, including the use of weapons; legally and illegally. People with special needs have been known to participate in illegal activities and to use weapons illegally. So pray tell why were these officers supposed to abandon police procedure with this particular person, if they felt he had a gun.

There are quite a few gun clubs across the nation that have special activities for people with special needs. Some of these people with special needs are actually better than people that don't have mental or physical challenges.

This is not to say that this might not have been one of those rare cases where an officer over reacted. But there are many cases where a officer and/or some innocent bystanders ended up dead because they under reacted to a situation. A person's mental and or physical capacity does not necessarily mean they can't use a gun to maim or kill.

There are reasons for the procedures law enforcement personal have and people need to understand and do what they are being directed to do. Most times when someone has a problem with an officer they are not complying with the officer's directions, acting suspiciously and/or fleeing the scene of some type of criminal activity.

For those of you so condemning of the police, I pray that one day you realize how much they sacrifice to keep our country safe. Hopefully it does not take some incident where they need to rescue you and/or others from some crazed gunman.
 Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 1653
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2010 4:48:43 AM

If they thought he had a weapon and was reaching for it, why wait and see if he pulls out a gun and starts shooting. They obviously saw what appearred to be a threat and stopped the threat.

Why wait? Because of innocent victims like this! Jesus buddy! You think this is the first time officers have been trigger happy on an unarmed citizen?

Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 1654
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2010 5:01:49 AM

Hopefully it does not take some incident where they need to rescue you and/or others from some crazed gunman.

Well in this particular incident he was not a crazed gunman. He was an innocent citizen and if him being African American didn't play a role in him being shot....bullshit!

In other news back in 2oo6 NYPD kill unarmed man. The fired 50 shots at 3 unarmed black men! Mr. Sean Bell dies at the scene I believe. It was his wedding day.
NYPD and LAPD should really do lunch sometime to exchange notes!

http://topics.nytimes.com/topics/reference/timestopics/people/b/sean_bell/index.html

See, now were getting into the juicy stuff. The real issues.
 FL CO
Msg: 1655
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2010 4:55:03 PM

I have been told that it takes between 10-30 seconds for someone to pull out and shoot a gun, regardless of their physical and/or mental capacity.

You were told wrong then. Granted I did this from a duty holster, but doing timed drills at a buzzer I can draw and put two rounds on target at 15yds in a little over 1 second. Add a second or two tops to draw from concealment. Thats reaction time. Knowing what you're going to do will put that time under a second. Our best time in my class (was still in reaction to the buzzer) was .86 of a second, with the second best be only a couple hundredths of a second more.
 killene
Msg: 1656
Posted: 3/22/2010 5:23:14 PM

You were told wrong then. Granted I did this from a duty holster, but doing timed drills at a buzzer I can draw and put two rounds on target at 15yds in a little over 1 second. Add a second or two tops to draw from concealment.

I was told this by some recreational shooting range people. They do have some quick shots there but they were adding some seconds for those not as experienced.

This is why I am constantly thankful for the men in uniform that protect out cities and towns.
For in less than a second I could be laying on some coroner's slab due to a bullet from someone I thought could or would not do me harm.

Law enforcement put their lives on the line on a daily basis so that we might live a better life. For this they get all this hate and anger from people who know nothing of what it is to walk in the daily working shoes of a police officer.

I will say that when I was younger I was probably not as respectful as I should or could have been. I was probably a heck of a lot more respectful than what I've been reading about on here though.
Hey I will admit I am not the happiest of campers when I'm pulled over but I will cooperate in whatever told. I have my fair share of tickets for being in the wrong. IF for any reason I feel it was in proper I will question later, after things are normal.
I have also won my case on a few undeserved tickets and yes once gotten an apology from a member of the Highway Patrol for overreaction. From the apology I realized that I was really glad I was not in his shoes the days leading up to my well deserved ticket.
 That Handy Man
Msg: 1657
Posted: 3/22/2010 6:46:20 PM
As I said before, it's a two sided coin.

BUT!

There was a news piece on this evening about an irate motorist, reportedly about 250 Pounds that punched a cop or enforcment officer giving him a ticket, square in the face knocking him out COLD! Something about that, just pleases me so much (possibly more then it reasonably should) and I would like to see this guy (if and when caught, and I'm sure they will spend hundreds of thousands of tax payer dollars to find the guy) get a medal.

They would probably argue "I'm just doing my job" but it's nice if every now and then, someone (with the guts) stands up and shows them how much "WE" really don't like it! lol

Cops, SHOULD NOT be in the business of revenue collection, anyway!

vvvv A swarm of cops (just like a doughnut party) administering a brutal road side beating should be EXPECTED by the REALLY STUPID! No lawyers (getting rich), no court costs, no money changing hands, just a highly effective means of education!

SEE! I don't really ever take sides!

maximusminimus
Msg: 1658
Posted: 3/22/2010 6:51:03 PM
I agree. There should be a special agency separate from the police whose work is to remove from the streets anyone too stupid to obey traffic laws. They would cart them off to an undisclosed location and come back with an empty van, no questions asked.

The speed limit sign reads "65", the driver is going 75, obviously incapable of reading two-digit numbers. Into the pit he goes.
 Strings6
Msg: 1659
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2010 2:16:26 PM
I think it's time to compile an official United Staes of America Special People list...these people do not have to obey laws or be held accountable for anything they do or say.The list already exist but is not yet official...i think it's time to make it so,that way the rest of us who are not on the list don't have to waste our worthless existence,since we are not on the list and don't count,expecting anything out of or from these people but B.S and excuses.
 bennnconti
Msg: 1660
Posted: 3/23/2010 4:20:50 PM
don't do the crime if you can't do the time. people who hate cops are for the most part the ones in trouble with the law.
 killene
Msg: 1661
Posted: 3/23/2010 4:39:18 PM

don't do the crime if you can't do the time. people who hate cops are for the most part the ones in trouble with the law.

Often true, or ones that don't respect the laws..

I meant to Thank any buddy of Law Enforcement that happens to read this thread for what they do by putting their life on the life everyday in my last post...

Thank You Law Enforcement
 TheyCallMeAngie
Msg: 1662
Posted: 3/24/2010 5:57:37 AM
I looooove cops. Best uniform EVER! It doesn't matter what you look like once you step into the blue your a ten in my books!

Angie

*blush*
 Strings6
Msg: 1663
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2010 3:12:07 PM
jstfknme,you waste your time arguing with subjective ignorance,it can only relate to what it has experienced,a child like condition that most people grow out of,if you are new here you will soon discover that this is one of those kinds of discussions where there is a prescribed answer and there is no room for balance of opinion...it's all or nothing.
 luckyhot777s
Msg: 1664
Posted: 3/24/2010 8:01:54 PM
I'm not so sure its hate....I already wrote a responce. In reality you have a person with a gun and the law backing them...obviously people are going to look at them differently. Some abuse the authority, others don't.

I think some of the problem is that you can't talk to someone like that like a normal person, say something they don't agree with or argue a point, and people feel it will come back to haunt them...others its personal experiences.

I understand, they are only human and what they go thru in a day would surely effect anyone.

My objection these days is if you ever call them, you always hear...sorry I can only write a report...you will have to take it to court.

Over glorified report writers? Maybe not, but it seems that way.
 misery-business
Msg: 1665
Posted: 3/24/2010 11:00:54 PM
You hate one cop, you've gotta hate them all right?

Yeah there are corrupt cops, yeah some beat innocent people - but there are plenty that work hard to protect you and do what they can to make your community a safer place. I don't think enough people remember that when they jump on the hate wagon. It's okay to hate the corrupt cops, but don't apply that hatred to police in general.
 Sweet_Le_Senza
Msg: 1666
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2010 1:35:12 AM
^^

well said.............................................
 luckyhot777s
Msg: 1667
Posted: 3/25/2010 4:45:36 AM
Its all a game these days...the laws they enforce don't allow for protection or crime prevention, etc.

Laws are different these days, and I never in my years of living had any ever help,when it was needed, either show up too late or the old suggestion, its not a criminal matter take it to court...

So, I have no use for one....crime keeps going up, showing its the laws that are flawed.

If the laws are flawed, then the ones who enforce them are of little use, as are the laws.
 FL CO
Msg: 1668
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2010 8:15:41 AM

I'm not so sure its hate....I already wrote a responce. In reality you have a person with a gun and the law backing them...obviously people are going to look at them differently. Some abuse the authority, others don't.

I think some of the problem is that you can't talk to someone like that like a normal person, say something they don't agree with or argue a point, and people feel it will come back to haunt them...others its personal experiences.

I understand, they are only human and what they go thru in a day would surely effect anyone.

My objection these days is if you ever call them, you always hear...sorry I can only write a report...you will have to take it to court.

Over glorified report writers? Maybe not, but it seems that way.

Arguing with an officer really depends on both people involved. If the officer is decent, or at the very least professional things should be fine on his end. If the other person can be decent and respectful with their side of things then there is nothing to worry about. As far as only being able to do a report thats the legal system. If you want it changed then you need to vote for politicians that are hard on criminals and don't bend over to the ACLU.
 That Handy Man
Msg: 1669
Posted: 3/25/2010 4:28:39 PM
Synchronicity? I fought the law is blaring from my speakers!

^^^^That's, maybe the whole problem. And it kills me when you and other people make that suggestion, to vote those we don't agree with out of office. It SIMPLY doesn't work that way! Those in power, regardless of party, will NEVER allow the common folk to dictate matters, NEVER! I strongly, suspect that in this country (Canada) most people support the death penalty. And yet, it will never be implemented, any time soon. If those in power don't have the stomach for it, let me do it! I would even volunteer my time (and sleep like a baby) ! Possibly, there is too much money in crime, that is the courts, lawyers, social workers and penal institutions. All part and parcel with politicians and those that wield the power .
 thedevilsangel333
Msg: 1670
Posted: 5/3/2010 8:27:10 AM
I love cops.
They have been so nice to me.
No I'm not a criminal.
You guys are the absolute best!!
 Coma White
Msg: 1671
Posted: 5/3/2010 6:10:48 PM
Police are supposed to be there to provide extra support to the land owners when there's a problem around their property. They seem to have branched out a little too far since those days.
 FL CO
Msg: 1672
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2010 8:01:27 AM
^^^Society has greatly declined since those days. Also during those days people were able to handle matters with their own hands. A good beating can help a lot to modify someone's behavior.
 boatswamper
Msg: 1673
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2010 2:40:16 PM

A good beating can help a lot to modify someone's behavior.
LOL, with an opinion like that it's no wonder people hate cops.
 SaharaM
Msg: 1674
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2010 4:28:53 PM
^^I'm pretty sure you're taking that quote out of context. Here's the full version:

" Also during those days people were able to handle matters with their own hands. A good beating can help a lot to modify someone's behavior."

That's not a comment on police.
 annasthasia
Msg: 1675
Posted: 5/5/2010 5:55:35 PM

^^^Society has greatly declined since those days. Also during those days people were able to handle matters with their own hands. A good beating can help a lot to modify someone's behavior.

If you truly believe a good beating modifies someone behavior, you sir MUST look for an other job...

So, I suppose having a like minded partner, would be cool. Either of you would have no issues looking the other way when either of you decide to give a goot beating in order to modify a behavior... or because you can... This is most likely a very high possibility.

Beating up children is NOT a way that will modify a behaviour but most likely on a long term basis, cause a deviance of some sort that can cause the victim to adopt a whole set of wraped societal values.

There is no need to answer this question but I wonder... We you beaten as a child?... This would explain a lot...

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Why do so many people seem to hate cops?