Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Did you ever love someone enough to give your life for her/him?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 The Lady
Msg: 76
Did you ever love someone enough to give your life for her/him?Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Interesting question. Does love even have to come into it?

If you see a stranger in imminent danger....would you stand back and let them be either horribly hurt, or killed?

Or would your humanity kick in, and you'd automatically respond with an attempt to rescue/save?

I just can't picture myself standing there having a debate with myself over it.

Unless we're talking about the most extreme of situations, where you have a chance to make a trade. Yeah, of course, all of those close to me.
 Myndenway
Msg: 77
Did you ever love someone enough to give your life for her/him?
Posted: 12/23/2006 7:22:30 AM
Would I die for love? I'm dying for some right now.
 hippychick29
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2006 8:00:19 AM
I do love someone that I would give my life for it would save theirs. But this falls into the category of family.
 SageAdrian
Msg: 79
Posted: 12/23/2006 8:10:22 AM
Check this out. I was in a relationship for 8 years... 4 of em married. We've got two kids. She left me for some dude a couple years ago. I only make mention of this to show how love is not overshadowed by anger.

She's got lupus - and from what I hear from her parents is that shes been in the hospital a few times for this since we've separated - but she's never mentioned it to me.

So I started taking better care of myself. I started drinking less... a lot less. Because I fear that some day she may be in a situation where she'll need an organ.

And yea. I know we're not together. But we're not talking about relationships here. We're talking about love. And dammit yes. Yes I would give my life for her. I know my little girls need a mommy. And well... I love that woman. Tho its different now, of course.

DyfRynt
Msg: 80
Posted: 12/23/2006 8:15:15 AM
I did. But I got bettah.
 Gypsy33
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2006 9:18:15 AM
Never married

No kids

I would do anything for one man in my life....anything at all.....smile

so yes i guess i would even die for him

Thats really sad though cos we recently split after 5 beautiful years

Oh well

ide still do anything for him
 hazy vistas
Msg: 82
Posted: 12/23/2006 9:21:41 AM
If I had, how could I be here to answer?

<<< I shall start extra early today, I can tell.
 Artistee
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2006 1:45:59 AM
In this selfish and self-centered society....

Dying for someone else?

For me...it would have to be someone that had REALLY proven themselves trustworthy and sincere...for me to put my life on the line for them...

I sure haven't met that kind yet...and highly doubt I ever will...

So as things stand now...the answer to the question...

HELL NO!!!
 sassyfox
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2006 5:45:34 AM
Yea...Boy was I stupid, too.
 000firefighter
Msg: 85
Posted: 12/24/2006 5:53:04 AM
You can never say that until it has actually happens,,then its too late...<<<<you can say it all you want,,I 've seen people that quickly change their minds,,,and I've seen people do things beyond belief!!! even for their pets...once that adrenaline kicks in you just never know,,,,its not like in the movies,,,most people tend to pass out from the shock they are feeling and never have that chance to run into that burning building,,,and the news tends to play it up also,Ex. ...man tries to save wife,,ya he looked through some windows and opened the front door and yelled her name,,,,,get my drift,,,man makes a heroic effort to save drowning wife,,he threw her a tree branch,,,
 Mr.Speed
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2006 8:43:34 AM
Yes. Her name is Canada.
 smitten2meetu
Msg: 87
Posted: 12/24/2006 9:14:05 AM
I know if I was trained in Law enforcement, Military or as a firefighter as example, they know how to deal with stressful and dangerous situations. As for anyone else, we can speculate and talk about how you might run into burning building, car on fire to overcoming a hostage situation.
When your life could end to save a person you love, it could be parents, siblings to the love of your life, how do you know you're capable of doing it?
Saving ones life by doing CPR on failed heart or someone not breathing, is a different topic and know all ages are capable of doing it.
I might be selfish in my answer but I can't say I would do it for a stranger or someone I love and don't know, until I'm that situation.
 hazy vistas
Msg: 88
Posted: 12/24/2006 9:17:10 AM
How about giving your life in the sense of devotion, not sacrifice? That's probably harder to do than run into a burning building, especially if the doorknob is hot. Then again, lots of women seem to like the hot doorknobs. I don't know. Some of my thoughts don't quite fully reach their potential.
 landsafe
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2006 10:34:46 AM
I can't say for sure I'd give up my life. In fact I'm leaning towards.... no. I'd give up a kidney or something if the person were that important to me. Organ doners are hard to find in this world.
 ChocolateFlower
Msg: 90
Posted: 12/25/2006 8:51:49 PM
Yes, I was stuck on stupid for awhile.
 sansaige
Msg: 91
Posted: 1/17/2007 6:31:55 PM
This one is deep...love as in a lover? I have to say I believe there have been people and still are that I would give my life for. Yet does anyone truly know what they would do in a given circumstance until it is real and they are faced with the decision? People give their lives at times even for a stranger or a cause...it isn't so difficult to imagine you would do so for a person you loved. I believe I would.
 sansaige
Msg: 92
Posted: 1/17/2007 6:33:43 PM
This one is deep...love as in a lover? I have to say I believe there have been people and still are that I would give my life for. Yet does anyone truly know what they would do in a given circumstance until it is real and they are faced with the decision? People give their lives at times even for a stranger or a cause...it isn't so difficult to imagine you would do so for a person you loved. I believe I would.
 sansaige
Msg: 93
Posted: 1/17/2007 6:34:02 PM
 artismypassion
Msg: 94
Posted: 1/17/2007 7:30:49 PM
Yes. Was it a man. Yes.
Would I do it for my children ? Yes.
Would I do it for my grandkids? Yes
Would I do it for and idea? Yes most Veterens have already answer that one.

But, I will not allow someone to take it from me without one hell of a fight.

Death is just a transition. We still exist just in a different form.

It is harder for those left behind. We grieve, we hurt, we miss.
 serendipiteee
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2007 7:40:47 PM
I would protect anyone in my family with everything I had. Dad, Mom, brothers, sisters-in-law, nephews and would put up one hell of a fight if someone messed with my dogs.
I'm not particularly strong but I think it would just come from somewhere if I needed it.
 anApplepear
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2007 8:27:56 PM
In Calgary, about 15 years ago, a man had a bad car accident which the car exploded in great fire, he was very badly burnt. The reason he was alive for the next 10 years was a good Samantha risked his life in hot flames to save him. But the man was so badly burnt that all his fingers were curved like a ball in dead tissue. Plus he was so disfigured that he couldn't even show his face to the public. To situation like this, I say I would not safe a live even he/she is my dearest love one. I would rather to see my love one die instead of suffering. Isn't it true that we all have to die, if not now will be later ?

But I will give a kidney to safe anyone who has a due duty for their family. That is when my children are now adults and I am free of my own duties.

I once told my then boyfriend that he doesn't has to worry me taking my life because of him not loving me. My love will not allow anyone one blaming him for my death. (but then of course, I no longer care if I live tomorrow, to die in accident or in sudden illness is another thing!)
 techgirl27
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2007 12:09:31 PM
Want to know something really ironic? I care more about the person I am seeing now, and really I WOULD do anything or give up anything for them, than I ever did my past husband. I guess you just learn as you get on with life.
 lone56wolf
Msg: 98
Posted: 1/18/2007 12:18:58 PM
Hard to really answer the question considering I'm alive enough to respond....

Seriously - have I ever loved someone enough that I would put their lives ahead of my own? Hey, I'm co-dependent. Too many times.

Would I give my life? I've walked into a burning house. I held someone's hand while EMS secured the wreck. I've dove into freezing water to rescue a drowning dog.

Would I die for someone I love? Yes.

Steve
 dreamthinker591
Msg: 99
Posted: 1/18/2007 12:32:11 PM
guess not i'm still here
 wildflowerkitten
Msg: 100
Posted: 1/18/2007 1:26:40 PM
Yes. Turned out he wasn't worth it, but at the time, I certainly would have. I probably would feel that way about any man I was truly in love with. I'm not saying it's sensible though.

Sorry about your kidney, worstguyonhere! But at least she cared enough to pack you in ice....
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Did you ever love someone enough to give your life for her/him?