Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Curiosity is killing me, Are you attracted to their profiles or their      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Aries_328
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Curiosity is killing me, Are you attracted to their profiles or their forum posts?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I don't think I have seen anyone from my area ever post in the forums. Ok, there is one that I am aware of but she is seeking nothing serious

The forum responders are like the 1% Yeah, I’m not counting the thread starters... Some of you people are scary :)
 daynadaze
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Curiosity is killing me, Are you attracted to their profiles or their forum posts?
Posted: 12/7/2011 11:21:49 AM
I find the forum posts to be more reveling but that can be misleading too. I would take both into account, but since the majority of members here do not post to the forums I'm not sure how many leads you could get here for finding someone. If I was looking for someone to meet, I'd spend more time looking at profiles than hunting through the forums.
 kari135
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Curiosity is killing me, Are you attracted to their profiles or their forum posts?
Posted: 12/8/2011 6:48:23 PM
I prefer to get to know someone through their posts, although there are some who don't post who have interesting profiles - and I don't mean photos, I mean what they've actually had to say. I've made quite a few friends through the forums, but the men I'd find most attractive are both too far away (some of them in different countries or hemispheres) or young enough that I'd consider them too young for my daughter. Interesting people, though - I keep contact with them mostly through facebook and some via email only.
 timetogo3223
Msg: 29
Posted: 12/9/2011 4:43:19 AM
One in a million sometimes there is someone whose profile and forum posts are quite attractive.
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 30
Posted: 12/9/2011 12:54:25 PM
A forum posting gives the reader a far better understanding of the poster.

I find that is far more attractive then a couple of photos. That said, I tend to be attracted by personality more so then looks anyway.

And it's nice over time to get a feel for the personalities involved. You get to know who will give a straight forward answer in a mild-mannered way, who will be supportive until inexcusably insulted and then watch out, and who will just be miserable regardless.

The forums are very entertaining - and there are some little gems of wisdom that come out every so often.
 SunnyBlueSkies23
Msg: 31
Posted: 12/11/2011 4:57:00 AM
For myself,I'd say both. First, I may read a person's forum post and like it, then I go and read their profile........that's usually my " jumping off point" for writing to them to try to establish a friendship.
I agree, though, you CAN tell a lot about a person via their forum posts...........then, their profile backs it up!!
All I know is, I've made a bunch of really good friends on here who I wouldn't have met any other way, and I'm REALLY happy I did!
 Welsh474
Msg: 32
Posted: 12/11/2011 5:35:25 PM
"I've made a bunch of really good friends on here who I wouldn't have met any other way." Yes, but have you actually had a DATE or meet n greet with someone who posts on here? Has anyone? I had one and only one.
 stayinalivefl
Msg: 33
Posted: 8/27/2012 12:45:44 PM
cleavage cleavage cleavage
keep it coming,,,lol
 DameWrite
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2012 4:51:56 PM
When I was single I just used the profiles. I didn't know about the forums.

If I become single and looking again, I'd use both. The forums give a better window to how a person lives and thinks and those are the attributes that attract me so I would definitely use the forums next time around.
After reading their forum posts, I check out their profile. It's quite funny and contradictory to most of my beliefs to have those, "I knew it moments" (say you guess their location, their sign or their profession or age). I love being thrown off by these types of things that I think don't mean anything. Hmmm...

I sometimes read peoples posts and think , "these two people should hook up, they share the same views."

The distance issue in the forums is usually the problem if you are interested, such a bummer.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2012 4:56:09 PM
A cute lady wrote to me once and said she loved the forum posts I had written, and that she was very attracted to me and would like to meet me.
We met, and she said I wasn't what she thought I would be.
That was that.
 ST1064
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2012 11:20:31 AM
Wow, I just found this place......I had no idea it even existed, maybe that's my problem, but then again, if I wanted a chatting buddy, I could go online and make friends, I want someone that I can look into their eyes, not something long distance..
 1bellanella
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2012 5:25:29 PM

Yes, but have you actually had a DATE or meet n greet with someone who posts on here? Has anyone? I had one and only one.

Yes, only one though. We're still happily together.
 cotter
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2012 6:38:13 PM
I'm much more attracted to their postings in the forums are much more revealing than a profile.

I think people are much more candid in the forum postings than they are in their profiles.

Yes, but have you actually had a DATE or meet n greet with someone who posts on here? Has anyone? I had one and only one.
Yes ... it went well. In the end (though) I am back with someone who gives my life meaning and I'm never leaving him.

He has no problem with me being active in the forums of a dating site.
 HaydenFan
Msg: 39
Posted: 8/30/2012 12:45:33 AM
Forums all the way, you get to see into them better than when you're messaging them as a potential date. Peeps drop their game face in here
 Zuglo65
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2012 3:25:38 AM

A forum posting gives the reader a far better understanding of the poster

I agree.
I also think if I like her posts, I would like her in person.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Curiosity is killing me, Are you attracted to their profiles or their forum posts?