Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why would a guy brag about other women?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sweet Sheree
Msg: 26
Why would a guy brag about other women?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I'd cancel. He's a creep! He thinks this will make you want to chase him. The common belief is that women want what other women have/want. So he is playing this little card on you. You're much too good for that. He's being so disrespectful, rude and so childish.

Kick his ass to the curb baby! There are too many good ones out there for you!

Good Luck!!
 Celestial_Spirit
Msg: 27
Why would a guy brag about other women?
Posted: 11/29/2006 6:11:32 AM
Ya know, it is amazing how many men actually do that. There are many reasons why a guy would "boast" about other women. My personal feeling on it, It's never good. I personally don't like a guy I am going to date or am dating to be telling me about all these women who are interested in him......Sorry guys, for me, it's a big turn off. If a guy is interested in me, please tell me about YOU, likes, dislikes, work, interests ect. I DON'T want to hear about the OTHER women who are interested in you, or the woman's number you almost got yadda, yadda. It's nothing but a big Date Killer and turn off.

OP....JMO but I, like many others have said, would NOT go on a date with this guy. He has issues of insecurities and you don't need that in your dating life. Find yourself another nice guy to date and have fun with.

Good luck. CS
 allcrakedup
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2006 6:12:02 AM
OP

He is just insecure, thats all. Lots of guys do this, like telling dates how nice looking a previous GF was. Women tend to take that badly as they feel through their insecurity that a comparison is being made, what guy is trying to say is, I only go out with pretty girls, so you must be pretty.

In summary, he sounds like he needs to do some work on his EQ! Is it a reason to not go on the date? Probably not, hes just a typical emotional cripple SORRY man. lol
 Roxiebabiee
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2006 6:13:56 AM
I have come across many men that do that. It really is annoying, and kills my attraction to them, but it doesn't automatically make him a bad guy. It probably is a sign of some insecurity, but come on, how many of us are 100% secure 100% of the time? It's human to feel nervous and insecure sometimes around someone we are really interested in, until we're sure they feel the same way. We all express that in different ways. If that's the case here, is it really a reason not to date him? If I was in this situation, I'd probably go on the date, and when he starts in on the other women, make some silly remark like "yeah, she may want ya, but I am the one sitting here, so let her find her own date." Say it with a joking smile, so it doesn't come across as a scolding, but it should give him the clue that you really don't wanna hear it. Just see how the night goes as a whole. That may be his only bad quality, and be a great guy in every other way. Ya never know until ya try it.
 GvMeUrAttn
Msg: 30
Posted: 11/29/2006 6:21:32 AM
If he talks about all these other women- then let him go date one of them and let you find a real man that is really intrested in dating you.
 69cobra
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2006 8:00:28 AM
I see that Yahh Roo in msg#18 is still having a full fledged romance with himself....I'm not sure why he is on here....No one will live up to his image of himself. I'd guess that he must be ambidextrous to love himself enough.

I can't help but wonder what he'd be like if some of his blood actually made it to his brain.

alexandria_gal
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2006 8:06:08 AM
^^^ Wow cobra what is this thing you've got going with Yahh ROO Giddy Up? Every time I see you, you're on his case. Are you gay and upset at his rebuffs?

Give it a rest.

idioms
Msg: 33
Posted: 11/29/2006 8:17:58 AM
I would cancel the date, unless you want to be part of the field he is playing.
 Huggablehottie
Msg: 34
Posted: 11/29/2006 8:19:12 AM
If you don't mind dating a guy who dates others, then go,
if you want someone who respects you, then don't go.
He is very insecure, and he is craving attention from you.
He wants you to know that other women ARE interested in him,
very insecure!!
 ManitobaGrrl
Msg: 35
Posted: 11/29/2006 2:14:38 PM
I was going to say "Run" but someone beat me to it, so I will second it,..........
RUN!!!!! run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 annabannana
Msg: 36
Posted: 12/6/2006 10:28:58 PM
Any guy that would brag to you about other women is a complete insecure idiot and obviously you deserve someone much better than this. This guy either has an ego that's bigger that his brain or is extremely insecure. I'd get rid of this one...he can't be trusted and probabaly is just a player. Lots of fish in the sea...cut him loose and quick!
 ][KAOS][
Msg: 37
Posted: 12/6/2006 10:32:35 PM
Is this an issue of insecurity

Yep, and more commonly known as "false bravado". Ditch him.
 prettypicky
Msg: 38
Posted: 12/6/2006 10:37:48 PM
I agree, this is insecurity. Peter Pan Syndrome is SUCH a turn-off.
 Quest for Love
Msg: 39
Posted: 12/6/2006 11:07:43 PM
it means he thinks you are out of his league and so he talks about other women who are interested (could be his imagination) to even the playing field so that he can feel equal to you...in your league....if you know or believe he is popular with women

ps: my personal feeling is that a guy who is popular with women is not a deal breaker...he is probably worth knowing.

you should ask him for references the next time he pulls that...it truely is pathetic when a man resorts to these games
 Quest for Love
Msg: 40
Posted: 12/6/2006 11:12:34 PM
raz49 said: He's trying to impress you by making you think a lot of women want him so you should be thankful he chose you. DUMP HIM! He's a loser.

i agree with raz's assessment out of everyone here

no one should ever talk about other people they are seeing or dating...but some women believe that they should know this in advance so they don't feel cheated or lied to. the problem with this is that then the man can say...i told you upfront there were others and you went out with me and fell for me....so its not his fault...its yours. its to remove any guilt or responsibility he may feel for sleeping around.

but dating many others and sleeping with others are not the same thing.

if he says he sleeps around then i would be concerned. i would be concerned if he is sleeping with these women he is telling you about and i would probably ask point blank. its a sneaky way of his to find out if you'll sleep with him perhaps. ??? or to find out your views on sex and dating. who knows...no matter what it is not a good thing in my book to talk about others when you haven't even gone out yet. maybe he is married. ask him. maybe he wants you to think he is married or there is another woman....there is some sick advice out there that says to get a woman to that level of distrust

Quest for Love
Msg: 41
Posted: 12/6/2006 11:20:34 PM
if you want to get him to balk tell him he should stop seeing these other women if he wants to go out with you and that you won't go out with him on a date...even a first date...till he dumps all of them....

good way to call a bluff

but hurtful to others feelings if its not and he does it

honestly now that i think about it....

he's a stupid idiot for being insensitive and you should dump him just for that...being insensitive to the feelings of others...if he's that stupid to tell you about others it can only get worse...of course he might think he is being honest....because that is what all women want...honesty. <barf>

there is no easy answer here
 East Coast Hospitality
Msg: 42
Posted: 12/8/2006 7:49:20 PM
Sounds like he's got a touch of moronism :)

Run!
 azwritewoman
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2006 9:22:07 PM
After one date with a guy I thought might be interesting, he completely changed my opinion.

I don't ballroom dance. I'm not interested in it, yet he "surprised me" on our second date by taking me to a dancing lesson after dinner instead of the movie we had agreed to see. I went along with it just for the heck of it and tried to make it into a fun evening by going with the flow. But, Mr. Ballroom dancer was not pleased. He wanted me to do every step perfectly and when I didn't, he actually sat out some dances rather than enjoy the evening and my attempt at trying to feel comfortable doing something which I would have preferred not to be doing. I wasn't dressed for it, and could easily have felt totally out of place.

He said I should appreciate his dancing ability because mom said I would, and every other woman he's met was incredibly impressed. I heard this over and over all night, how lucky I was to be on a date with such a fine catch.

I figured, if all of those women and his mom thought he is so great, they could date him.

I'm wasn't interested. So I had to throw that fishy back.

azwritewoman
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2006 9:23:08 PM
After one date with a guy I thought might be interesting, he completely changed my opinion.

I don't ballroom dance. I'm not interested in it, yet he "surprised me" on our second date by taking me to a dancing lesson after dinner instead of the movie we had agreed to see. I went along with it just for the heck of it and tried to make it into a fun evening by going with the flow. But, Mr. Ballroom dancer was not pleased. He wanted me to do every step perfectly and when I didn't, he actually sat out some dances rather than enjoy the evening and my attempt at trying to feel comfortable doing something which I would have preferred not to be doing. I wasn't dressed for it, and could easily have felt totally out of place.

He said I should appreciate his dancing ability because mom said I would, and every other woman he's met was incredibly impressed. I heard this over and over all night, how lucky I was to be on a date with such a fine catch.

I figured, if all of those women and his mom thought he is so great, they could date him.

I wasn't interested. So I had to throw that fishy back.

Valerie34
Msg: 45
Posted: 12/9/2006 7:49:31 AM
RAZ 49 is right. He is trying to make you think you're soooo lucky. I think you should just be straight up with him and tell him in a nice way how you feel. See what he has to say. If he's a jerk. His true colors will come out. Then, you won't have to cancel the date. He'll do it for you with his bad attitude.
 sassyfox
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2006 8:13:20 AM
Ahhh, he wants you to think he's wanted....or maybe he's trying to convince himself of that. Who knows. Sounds like he has issues to me.
 Sigi
Msg: 47
Posted: 12/9/2006 9:04:52 AM

If I notice a guy starts to brag about other women, I usually ask 'Why the need to brag?' or 'What is the purpose of boring me with your bragging...?'.

But I guess...even without his answer, you know that his personality is not in a shiny spotlight...
 bucsgirl
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2006 9:08:26 AM
Any person who brags about anything has issues with insecurity and self esteem.
Ask him when was the last time he cleaned the lip marks off his mirror.
 nightfly
Msg: 49
Posted: 12/9/2006 9:46:50 AM
I have to agree with one of the other guys here; it sounds like he's taking cues from someone else or screwing up the advise in Dave Deangelo's double your dating material. He's trying to appear 'not needy', but he's doing it all wrong. You could call him on it; tell him you date one person at a time (doesn't matter if you do or not, but it will let him know it's alright to be like that), and prefer that the guys you date do the same, and once he's sure that whoever else he's seeing isn't the right girl for him, maybe you'll give him a chance to see if you're the right one.
 Sigi
Msg: 50
Posted: 12/9/2006 3:16:59 PM

Ask him when was the last time he cleaned the lip marks off his mirror.

^^
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why would a guy brag about other women?