Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > why do some men just want a hookup??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 passionfly
Msg: 26
view profile
History
why do some men just want a hookup??Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

why is it that all some men want to do is just get in my pants? i say im not looking for a hookup on my profile but some men just dont get it.

My question is, why more women don't? Is having an orgasm a bad thing?
 MDNinja
Msg: 27
why do some men just want a hookup??
Posted: 12/5/2006 9:58:11 PM
How can some men be more mature and not thinking about sex if all men are mature and always thinking about sex? This does not compute.....
 harveywallbanger
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2006 10:18:39 PM
The men at your age would hump a hole in the wall. Sex is a powerful drive in the male mind. Come to think of it its a powerful drive for a man at any age. I was watching the HBO documentry about a legal brothel in Nevada and one of those women charges $3000 an hour for her time. Now picture that a man so wanting sex he will shell out enough to put a down payment into one hour. With us men its a drive.

harvey
 sanmale
Msg: 29
Posted: 12/5/2006 11:03:10 PM
becasue maybe u are saying things to send out that message..I dont no I havent looked at ur profile..or maybe u are picking the wrong guys..reevaluate the messages u are sending out..one thing I have noticed is that women will put a sexy pic on their site and then say they are looking for long term..it doesnt make sense..it makes u a perfect target for someone to say they want long term and really just thinking about how great u looked in that nightie..if people are really looking for long term then get rid of the sexy pics, sexy talk, etc..
 NewmarkisME
Msg: 30
Posted: 12/6/2006 5:00:41 AM
If men were as easily discouraged by women saying "I'm not interested in hooking up" our population as human beings would die out.
Seriously though. There is an innate drive in men to reproduce. It is real, it is bio-chemical, it is instinctual. That is no ALL men like to do, but it IS a driving force.
If you are just looking for a man to be "friends" with you must first ask yourself why you are seeking men to be friends with, then resign yourself to the fact that any male who would be friends with you will also want to get into your pants. Present company included.
 ninja85
Msg: 31
Posted: 12/7/2006 12:36:47 PM
Not all men just want to have sex. I think you just happen to be talking to the wrong type of people. If you want to talk to guys that don't want to just have sex, go to one of the Christian or religious singles sites. They normally don't believe in having sex before marriage.
 RSwindol
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2006 3:11:15 PM
If you are really looking for a serious relationship with no bootycalls, I have the perfect idea for you. Don't look on the Internet. It's full of perverts and losers. I should know, we can smell our own.

But seriously, if you wanted to find a man who doesn't drink, would you start by looking in a local bar? Probably not. So why would you look on the Internet for a serious relationship? I am not saying that it's impossible to find one here, but I would guess that only about 1% of the people on the Internet are interested in a serious relationship with someone they only know by a screen name and their typing abilities.
 KoRnFreak21901
Msg: 33
Posted: 12/9/2006 1:34:21 AM
You know that gets on my nerves more than anything... time and time again i read the words "all men"... Have you talked to every guy in the world?... If so then, well, ok... but if not then how do you know all men want nothin but to get in your pants?... I for one am the type of person who DOESN'T want to get into a girls pants as fast as I can... I'm 18 (nearly 19) years old and have only had sex twice (with the same person) ... When I get into a relationship the LAST thing I think about is sex... I'd like to think relationships are on a lot more of a well, deeper level then sex... To me... having sex with someone that you dont love, is meaningless... I dont want to screw everything with 2 legs that walks infront of me, I want to have sex with someone who means a lot to me, if you love someone, it makes the sex so much more of a connection between the two, thus making it better...

ANYWAY... not all guys just want sex, i for one dont......

Peace 1
 cindersella37
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2007 11:20:54 AM
I have to agree with aaarrg! in msg 25 -- it's not just men in their 20s who do this. Men in their 30s, 40s, 50s, etc. do this. And before anyone jumps all over me, I know not ALL men are like that, but SOME certainly are. BTW: I quite enjoyed your post, aaarrg! Very informative, but aren't you breaking the rules by leaking top secret information from the man handbook? LOL

Guys want to drive it around the block a couple times before we can make an informed decision about taking it home.

OT: Both men and women are jerks at times -- some people are jerks all of the time -- we just need to throw the jerks back into the pond and keep on
 hippychick29
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2007 11:34:45 AM
Nah.... don't throw the jerks back, that just means someone else will have to deal with them. Just take em out back and throw em in the burn pile!

~k~
 cindersella37
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2007 2:23:59 PM
^^^
that just means someone else will have to deal with them

good point!!
 arandomguy
Msg: 37
Posted: 3/24/2007 7:08:14 PM
Not all guys want a hookup, but too many on the Internet do. I just turned 19, and I'm still a virgin, and I'm not looking to change that anytime soon. But even so, just cause I SAY that on a forum doesn't mean it's true. Let's face it, it's the INTERNET. How much bullshit is on the Internet? Like, way too much. Most stuff on the Internet is either exxagerated or false, and online dating is no exception. Ignoring the fact that most of the sites themselves are false (save this one) lots of things people say are false too. Such as on forums. Now if I had to guess, most things said on forums would be true, but I have no way to know that for sure. I just know what I feel. People on here seem honest, but that's just my opinion.
 mgkkain
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2008 11:32:16 PM
lol Passionfly, I am Sure Most women will tell you that Orgasms are Great, But considering Statisticly Women only Orgams about 50 percent of the Time from vaginal Intercourse, Coupled with the fact that a large chunk of men are clueless/ and or Selfish which Leads To men Finishing First and Then losing intrest all together. This in No way Makes a woman Want to have random HookUps. But Ironically a woman will Randomly HookUp with a guy she feels really attracted to, I am in no way Implying all woman are like this But a Large Group would even if most of them Would deny it.

As Far as the Original Posters question Goes I real hate these Generic Gender Bashing Topics, Like Someone Else pointed out you havent met every man, You sure as Hell havent met Me, Don't put me in with the rest of that Trash. Secondly Don't blame the guys that ask for the hookups blame that girl/woman out of a 100 that he sends the same message to that actualy agrees to go along with it, Because low and behold sending 100 generic cut and paste lets **** messages is a hell of a lot easier then Having a stimulating conversation. Because lets face it alot of people in this country lack the attention span for that.

If The Following senerio is one of the reasons you think all men want hookups. First You Meet The Guy does not matter where you meet him, You hit it off great or so you think. You feel very attracted to him, Decide for what ever reason that your comftorable having sex with him. He then proceedes to lose intrest the next day. There are certain dating rules that while they may seem stupid are actualy there for a reason. Like the three date rule, which from what I can tell should probaly be bumped up to Four, and No Hopping from one bar to the next does not count as a second date.

I don't think your in anyway Like this Btw, Fact is I have no clue how you deal with dating. But Please stop Guy Bashing, there are bad people in both sexs, Women are just better at hiding it then Men. Now Why I bothered writing all that when Most people Won't even Bother reading it, is beyond me.
 Remote Control
Msg: 39
Posted: 2/14/2008 11:36:07 PM
Samantha, I'm actually sorry you are experiencing this. It would seem that guys believe that your seemingly innocent appearance (according to your display pictures) along with your innocent demeanor, from the rhetoric used in your profile, are both weaknesses and are attempting to take advantage of that. Your profile seems pretty good. You deserve better
 AdrianEsquire
Msg: 40
Posted: 2/15/2008 8:29:25 AM
The correct term is 'Liaison'.
 James P.
Msg: 41
Posted: 2/15/2008 9:31:44 AM

all some men

I like this. At least the attempt was there =P.
 RSwindol
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2008 4:05:53 AM
It's very simple really. Because they are men and you are a woman. And if your a dating guys your own age, they are in their sexual prime. It's nothing personal. These are life lessons that I think anyone should learn before being allowed on a dating site. I am surprised to see that a twenty-year-old hasn't learned it yet.

One other reason that they may ONLY want sex is perhaps they find you attractive, but not very interesting. I know that I have dated women with whom I actually tried to have serious dates, only to soon discover that they either had personalities of toad stools, IQ's of watermelons, or very low self esteems. These are 3 things that I do not want in a relationship. With that said, the only thing to do at that point was to either immediately end the date, or have sex and then end the date. That was a joke actually, but there are plenty of guys (especially your age) that think exactly like that.

all some men

I like this. At least the attempt was there =P.

James P, there is actually nothing wrong with what she wrote. In her context, the word "all" probably should have read "The only thing". What she wrote is not a contradiction, but simply an example of not using the best phrasing possible. It's not improper by todays standards, but it is confusing. So, next time, try to read it as "The only thing some men want" instead of "All some men want".
 Jakerocks87
Msg: 43
Posted: 3/4/2008 11:43:54 PM
Truth be told guys arent really like that.its all a front. Boys are raised to act like that by unwholesome male role models in movies and tv. I'm sure plenty of guys say some pretty nasty things online. It's because you cant see some one on the internet as a real person with feelings and opinions until you get to know that person. there are plenty of good guys out there just remember theres no such thing as perfection.
 nycegeye
Msg: 44
Posted: 3/4/2008 11:55:18 PM
Well if thats all they try to do get rid of him!! Your talkin to the wrong guys and you will find one that will just want to have fun other than in the sack..talk to the ones who ask you about you and look in your eyes not down your shirt when you talk.. good luck!!
 adamzzz
Msg: 45
Posted: 3/5/2008 12:08:46 AM
because they dont really like you
 Zentimes
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2008 3:31:43 AM
Take a close look at where you are searching for your mate. Are we at a church function ? Nope ! You are looking for love on the WWW. Since the age of 13, most individuals come to the realization that the male species is driven by a primal urge to mate. Why would you suddenly be surprised to conclude that (1) the internet would not be the perfect anonymous ground to encourage males to attempt to act upon that urge and muster up their courage to orchestrate a sexual situation with you. Remember its not SOME MEN that want to get "into your pants" -- It is most healthy males will want to get into most females pants ! As a female, that is the reality that you will have to deal with the rest of your life. I strongly encourage you to find a less anonymous method of meeting a male. He may be willing to play by your relationship standards in a situation where he is more out in an open atmosphere (office, school, groups).
 AdrianEsquire
Msg: 47
Posted: 3/5/2008 6:55:06 AM
Do you eat? Do you sleep? Do you perform any of the other animal activities?
 heathenspirit
Msg: 48
Posted: 3/5/2008 8:52:15 AM
Sex is fun. We like to have it. Sometimes a lot, if we can get it.

Any other questions?
 _Just Myself_
Msg: 49
Posted: 3/5/2008 9:11:54 AM
The best course of action may not seem so obvious to a pretty young woman of 20 as it is to those of us a little older. Take it as a compliment, delete it and move on to the next message :)
 Aurora772
Msg: 50
Posted: 3/5/2008 3:10:43 PM
OP, because they think that all hot women are sluts. Block and move on. If they think that little of you, then they are not worth that much either.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > why do some men just want a hookup??