Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > How many people will be spending Christmas without family?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 teri short for theresa
Msg: 26
How many people will be spending Christmas without family?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
nope no one nada...empty box acceppted for me...((((and a few house plants)))

Last year..GAVE the Whole turkey dinner to Newlywed,s down tha hall...(((they first x-mas together with little funds)))

got the whole fixings again this year...but..I think I,ll cook the turkey keep.practiced up...on that skill.....just frezzer it...for later..on.

MERRY CHIRSTMAS TO ALL COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS LOVE TERI
 who_the_fox
Msg: 27
How many people will be spending Christmas without family?
Posted: 12/12/2006 4:20:06 PM
I will likely get turkey dinner the same place as usual

Dennys
 Not settling for just any
Msg: 28
Posted: 12/12/2006 4:41:24 PM
speaking of turkey... guess i have to order one .. got a fresh one last year, wont go back to frozen

since leaving the ex, christmas is just another day. i have gone to my moms with the kid for boxing day christmas. mom does christmas at my sisters and my kid does it at his moms, so i get boxing day.

on the pro side of it. i havent had to do christmas dinner with the ex's inlaws... a blessing in itself ..

so i never feel bad on christmas, i just remember THOSE christmas dinners with the inlaws.. lol

*this christmas i am gonna be shining up and tinkering with my bike... the bike show is in january and i want it all in tip top shape and looking spiffy for the warmer weather. * i would say spring but with the heated vests *if i buy one* .. then any time can be a good time for riding .. .WHOOO HOOOO

PoeticRiver
Msg: 29
Posted: 12/13/2006 3:52:17 AM
I just want to say to all of us that will be alone, I will think of you on Christmas day. You maybe be alone but in spirit my thoughts will be with you.
 Charona48
Msg: 30
Posted: 12/13/2006 10:31:51 AM
Me me me. One of my son's lives here, but they will do Christmas with his girlfriend and her family, which is all good with me, I don't pressure him to choose, plus girls should win at some things.

For those above that will be alone and live in my area, I'd be more than willing to make a Christmas dinner and share, just not going to cook for just me. I'm not so bad of a cook either. My place isn't so big, but it would be cozy. If anyone is interested, you can email me. But that would mean I should decorate (at least make this place look like the holidays) or put up a tree, wait I have a 7 foot plant, I'll just decorate that giant. It would also be nice to feel that "gift of giving"
 Carrie127
Msg: 31
Posted: 12/13/2006 5:25:27 PM
Will for me Xmas is always lonely my family live on the east coast so i usually go to my sister's in Nanaimo...........Charona that is very kind of u to offer, I hope u always have a very merry XMAS
 Diogi
Msg: 32
Posted: 12/13/2006 5:39:15 PM
Define alone... I have my cat and 2 bottles of expensive red wine. I tend not to join other families festivities because I feel out of place.

If I drink those 2 bottles on the 23rd and crawl into bed - there is a good chance I won't wake up until it is all over!
 teri short for theresa
Msg: 33
Posted: 12/13/2006 5:46:41 PM
*this christmas i am gonna be shining up and tinkering with my bike... the bike show is in january and i want it all in tip top shape and looking spiffy for the warmer weather. * i would say spring but with the heated vests *if i buy one* .. then any time can be a good time for riding .. .WHOOO HOOOO

BIKE SHOW???????????WHERE WHEN???????
 jeffery101
Msg: 34
How many people will be spending Christmas withoufamilyt ?
Posted: 12/13/2006 6:39:21 PM
hi my name is jeff i just move to alberta this year. i will miss my son xmas my son mom broke up last year she wont let me see my son.so this year i will miss hem.she wont let me talk to him on bday.some day he will come out to see his dad i love my son and i know he love me
 lowflyingobject
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2006 7:07:58 PM
umm not sure.... I always make xmas dinner, turkey, ham, meat pie...all the fixins.... yeah ok scooter I will have lots of leftovers.... my kids are suppose to be here, but you never know anyhow most times only for the meal then off to friends. So yeah the cats and I will probably have another xmas to ourselves and sort of have since my x left...but no probs.... will enjoy the time I get with them.... Hope everyone has a great one tho... and see who they want to and love...
 Bigandtalldancer
Msg: 36
Posted: 12/13/2006 11:45:59 PM
What about a posting for people who want to host a small gathering/s with other fish who may be available for a fun day of Christmas fun?? Or we get someone to co-ordinate a few parties for people around the Lower Mainland???

What do YOU think??

bc_sweetheart
Msg: 37
Posted: 12/14/2006 12:02:58 AM
I think that's a great idea ...although i have options to spend my xmas with long time friends ...feel like the xmas orphan since my mom passed away.
 *ScorpioSweetiepie*
Msg: 38
Posted: 12/14/2006 12:04:38 AM
^^^^awe..

and yes it is a good idea...
 andiedandie
Msg: 39
Posted: 12/14/2006 5:40:07 PM
Ok Pof'ers... Adopt a POFer if you can! No one should ever be alone on X-mas or the holidays!

Think its great that some of you are already making plans to spend with each other, as you would be alone otherwise...you know who you are...and will be in my thoughts as I spend x-mas on the island with my family.
 Doc Sage
Msg: 40
Posted: 12/14/2006 5:53:56 PM
Turkey yum!!! Do not get to eat much turkey. Last year was my first in 8 years to taste this bird. Hope that I will get to taste some this year...maybe when I will do my volunteer.

Doc Sage
 Fishfancy
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2006 6:35:35 PM
I also feel out of place with other peoples families. I think a good old fashion pot luck is in order....I have a table that will fit 12-14 people and I am a good cook. I am in New West and would welcome all that have no families...as I don't have family either. No one will feel out of place because we have our own kinda family. Lots of Rum/egg nog and food and I even have places for people to sleep....couches and an 2 air beds. as long as you don't mind animals...dogs and cats. Just an idea...my house is 1922 so it has a heritage feel....if this is a go I may even put out all the santas and christmas cheer.
 Bigandtalldancer
Msg: 42
Posted: 12/14/2006 7:56:41 PM
Fish Fancy!!^^^ what say we do this? What do I bring? I do the best gravy and can be there early to help out! I am also a great cook!
 misseyes
Msg: 43
Posted: 12/14/2006 8:22:35 PM
I'm having issues with Christmas so I may not go home. I normally would go and see everyone but the last thing I feel like dealing with are my little sister's outlaws, asking me how I screwed up again. My parents want me home, but they understand how hard it is going to be this year for me so I may retreat. At this point in time, still undecided.

Sorry bad night :(
 Baxxmann
Msg: 44
Posted: 12/15/2006 2:05:50 PM
I to as many here are going to spend it alone. My family is no where close and my best friends also died so it will be a lonely one. I use to through big parties but is hard since 14 people in 11 months had passed away so it can be a hard one for sure for some.. Take care all and be safe..

yayawhatever
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2006 4:53:23 AM
.. and here I thought I was the only one!

I moved away from home (Prince Rupert) almost four years ago, and have spent every Christmas since working mostly. I try my best to treat myself and get in the spirit. I always figured if I volunteered to work then someone with a family wouldn't have to.

I have thought of volunteering somewhere. It might be a good way to make myself useful to someone else.

I wish all the other only's not lonely's a very happy holiday!

juffie
Msg: 46
Posted: 12/17/2006 10:32:44 AM
I just found out I will be spending xmas on the Rig, which is just as well, because the dysfunctional family celebration is a real drain on my mental health. Besides...I get a good bonus for staying up here!

cowgirl1111
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2006 6:23:03 PM
I feel like christmas orfan to dad past away got divorced and my kids will be at there dad's, I have a sister but she is going to her husbands parents and taking my mom with them ....So that is it this is the very first Christmas ever Alone. Although it is easy to be down I find some comfort in knowing others are having the same problem.

I have a large house with two spare bedrooms and lotsa room for blowup beds I am in Aldergrove and if fishies want to do Christmas at my place I would be more than happy to accomidate.
Remeber people when you get down in life and you find it hard try and keep in mind that someone always has it worse I mean look at us fishies trying to make sure none of us are alone, I LOVE THE PEOPLE HERE I must say the best and most caring group of people I have ever met

so people open to suggestions but better get a move on.

Fishfancy
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2006 7:14:24 PM
OK my potluck is full with 14 people you carry on Cowgirl1111......part 2
Whooo Hoooo!!!!!! Can you feel the love? Tis the season....
Fishfancy-New West 'OUR VERY OWN CHRISTMAS DINNER' potluck hostess
For fish with no families...because no one should be alone at Christmas...unless they want to be...

NEXT YEAR I SAY LETS GET A HALL!!!!!!!
 DreamerĀ®
Msg: 49
Posted: 12/17/2006 9:06:57 PM

I always make xmas dinner, turkey, ham, meat pie...all the fixins.... yeah ok scooter I will have lots of leftovers....

I want to go to LFO's place for Xmas!! MOM can I come home for Christmas? hehehe
 lowflyingobject
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2006 9:27:02 PM
^^^^you know your always welcome here, anytime...actually not sure who will be here if anyone...but... I always make dinner....tradition is a hard thing to stop...
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > How many people will be spending Christmas without family?