Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > How many people will be spending Christmas without family?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cowgirl1111
Msg: 51
view profile
History
How many people will be spending Christmas withoufamilyt ?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Okay people here is the deal fish fancy is having christmas dinner for all us alone fishies in New west " good Job girly " so I have co orted do not know how to spell that, with her and I am hosting one at my place If you are interested I am in the aldergrove area so you can contact me ...I have decided to this because well I do not want to be alone and If you don't want to be you don't have to be. It will be done potluck style so cheers to everyone and remeber you do not need to be alone !!!
 Bigandtalldancer
Msg: 52
How many people will be spending Christmas withoufamilyt ?
Posted: 12/18/2006 12:39:58 AM
Hey cowgirl, I guess all the people on this side of the river will be at your place and if it's ok, I will be there to help out with stuff.

Looks like the "country folks" are going to have a big Christmas dinner!

Just let us know who brings what and we will GIT'R DONE!!
 KelownaBuddy
Msg: 53
How many people will be spending Christmas without family?
Posted: 12/19/2006 9:03:27 PM
It is the 2nd christmas that I will be spending without family.... I live in Kelowna but my family lives in Montreal.... I chose to move across the country but I have some good friends here so I think spending the holidays with friends is a pretty good thing....
 Bigandtalldancer
Msg: 54
Posted: 12/21/2006 12:57:54 AM
Great kelownabuddy! We are all so lucky to have friends, without them Christmas would be a little dimmer.
 oh _yes
Msg: 55
Posted: 10/10/2008 9:20:17 PM
It used to bother me, but iam used to it
you have to cont. with what you love to do
xmas,holidays,birthdays are never the same for me since my dad died of the bigg fruking Cancer....
i made peace with myself....VERY Important..
no stress.......dont let all the hub bub make you doubt yourself or what and who you are
just because its supposed to be the norm to be with family on special occasions
write your own life......what can i say..i did it works
 ~FlowerChild~
Msg: 56
Posted: 10/11/2008 9:09:53 PM
I am fortunate and blessed to have my adult children close for the holidays....Its not the same kind of Christmas as they had as children (the solid "family unit" being the only thing I miss from my marriage)......but instead of keeping all the same rituals and traditions....when I ventured off on my own.....I let Dad keep the traditons (he kept the house)....and I started new and fresh ones to enjoy with these young adults....I think it makes it less sad and bittersweet for all of us.....as a mater of fact.....I am looking at a lipstick red Christmas tree this year that I can fill with white fairy lights....Its always been the policy at my holiday table for the children to invite their friends who may be alone on the holidays....(doesn't matter how many.....I'll just make more stuffing....thats what they like best anyway).....It would break my heart to think of anyone I know alone....Giving at Christmas is what its all about.....and it doesn't have to be material or monetary.....the more you give.....the more filled up your heart becomes....its truly an amazing feeling....and no one ever has to be alone....soup kitchens all over the fraser valley would LOVE to see your smiling face (wearing a santa hat)....so many people are worse off than we are.......always

worldscollide
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2008 12:54:11 AM
I'll probably be alone on xmas this year, but I'm kinda used to it. Every two years my father's side gets together but I'm pretty sure this is the 'off' year when the families go to the in-laws. My mother's side doesn't really get together at all anymore, although I'll be probably seeing my aunt and uncle on xmas eve after work (I'll more than likely be working). It's all good because I can't afford to give any presents this year to my huge family so that's actually one less stress for me. Xmas is about giving, and it depresses me when I'm not able to do that.

I haven't decorated or had a tree for a long time, it isn't really practical to have decorations and stuff when it's just me. I can see other people's and xmas is really for the kids anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I love holidays simply because it's a nice break from reality once a year, to partake in things we don't get to any other time, but when it's just me here it's like so much wasted effort. I can enjoy other people's trees and stuff, and let's face it, I work retail now. I'll probably be well and sick of holiday stuff by Halloween. We had Halloween candy stored away since the end of August, and xmas stuff started arriving from our suppliers about two weeks after that. It's my first year in retail (worked wholesale for many years) and judging from the holiday dread, and stories I've heard from other folks, it's going to be far too stressful to give a damn about xmas.

When you are xmas shopping this year, I know it's stressful and many of us have smaller wallets than we may have had before, and there's a lot of pressure from the season, but please PLEASE try to remember that people who work retail are exactly that- people. Try and be kind to us in a very busy season, with chronic short staffing problems in almost every retail store out there (a lot of stores don't hire enough people to save wage costs, it's the first thing to get cut in trying financial times). I can say with sincerity that if you are nice to us, we will do our best to help you, but there's not much motivation to help someone who is demanding and rude. Speaking for myself of course, but I can't believe other people in retail aren't similar in viewpoint.

I think that most of the people that post on these forums are pretty cool and not rude, but I'm figuring there's a lot of people that just lurk and don't post. Just so it doesn't seem like I think all you regulars are rude to customer service associates or something. I know most of you are sweethearts. <3
 XHTML
Msg: 58
Posted: 10/12/2008 3:44:50 AM
It is far too early to predict in mid-October how I might be spending Christmas.
I know it won't be with family, the blood relations kind. There aren't many and they are distant.
It is unlikely I'll be getting married before then too.

I do hope and expect I'll be spending Christmas with friends. In the past I've been invited to the homes others. Now, thanks to POF, I have friends who may be facing Christmas alone and so it is likely I would invite some here, just as I'm having some friends over for Thanksgiving dinner on Monday.
 lea2007
Msg: 59
Posted: 10/12/2008 8:23:57 PM
Never me...I have 13 brothers and sister so its hard not to have one, two or all at Christmas time. Growing up it always felt like the Walton's...lol!
 Tiina
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2011 1:51:08 PM
I have no family and have often spent Christmas Day alone since my mum died 11 years ago. This year one of my friends is coming for Christmas dinner and I am grateful for this, though in my heart of hearts I wish I had someone I really belonged to.
 lackingbait
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2011 8:59:18 PM
I was on my own the last two xmases... the first year was just fine. never had a christmas alone before so on principal, I did it right. A breakfast scotch and cuban cigar anf then the entire day eating none to healthly food and guy movies. it was pretty damn good. Last year, the doing it on principal fad had worn off and I really just decided that being alone on christmas was BS and was not doing that again. So, this year I was planning to go to get a nice hotel downtown, check out Brian Setzer at the commadore on xmas eve and then xmas brunch and maybe skiing christmas day. I was was going to put my plan out on POF to see if anyone else wanted to get in on the festivities...
Then, I was with a long time friend a few weeks ago and we were about 3/4 into a bottle of rum when this very topic came up. She stole my creditcard, ran into her office, locked the door and booked me a ticket to phoenix to spend it with her and her family....non-refundable.
 novemberlilac
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2011 11:44:37 PM
I'll be spending Christmas Day alone -- all my family is deceased. It will be just another day for me... wouldn't have minded working that day for the extra pay, but oh well. My company just let me know I wouldn't be working that day a few days ago, so it's far too late to make plans to volunteer.

Hopefully Christmas 2012 will be different because I hope to be living in Vancouver by then, and want to make friends. :)
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > How many people will be spending Christmas without family?