Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > SEX AND WOMEN OVER 40 OR 50?????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Fun_Guy_Likes_To_Dance!
Msg: 101
SEX AND WOMEN OVER 40 OR 50?????Page 5 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)
I have been with women sexually in their 40's and I certainly had nothing to complain about. It was a lot to keep up to with the high sex drive which matches mine so it really was wonderful back then. Very unlikely for me to have Sex with anyone younger than 30 anymore. I am looking for that special someone my age or older and I know I have a great sex life to look forward too.
 ngat73
Msg: 102
SEX AND WOMEN OVER 40 OR 50?????
Posted: 10/1/2007 10:52:56 PM
Well I will be 34 in a couple of months and was sitting at a bar with a couple of really attractive and open minded women in their 40's. I was complaining about how crazy I was going because I was so damn horny and didn't have anyone worthy of screwing at the time. They told me that if I thought the 30's were bad....wait until I hit my 40's. Oh my God... I am going to be in big trouble. Therefore, the purpose of my marathon dating.
 catabrie
Msg: 103
Posted: 10/1/2007 11:04:22 PM
Tsk tsk tsk... the friend gave you only her story (which I question if it was not to reprimand you in some way or gain your sympathy)... as I have said before & guess I'll have to say again - don't lump people into an ALL category.

As for myself & menopause, I never even broke a night sweat...lol No crying, no mood swings (GET OFF...lol...jk), experienced only one of the "traditional" symptoms(cessation of cycle) - I assure you I have gone through menopause & life is good.

My sexual drive/desire is nothing if not stronger & better - even more multiple orgasms than before. Why do you think we are most every young man's fantasy!! lol Not because of an Odiepus complex I assure you. But I prefer men my age (if they still can) for sex because I believe they understand that sex is wonderful when it is emotionally charged.

Cata
 catabrie
Msg: 104
Posted: 10/1/2007 11:21:45 PM
To Albertazangel - he probably want even break a sweat keeping up with a 20 year old -she'll likely be thinking that he's mussing her hair, smearing her lipstick & just gross cause he's "old" but is good for getting some new toys...lol

An over 50 woman would probably kill him...

cata
 kotu1111
Msg: 105
Posted: 10/2/2007 6:46:50 PM
well without sounding too much of a a "typical" male i would be willing to bet that 99% of most men with a normal sex drive would consider any relationship that doesn't involve some sex with a woman to be friendship...which is fine as long as both parties are quite aware of the friendship...and if whoever i am dating didn't want to have sex anymore than i wouldn't want to date them because sex is part of any relationship that isn't based on friendship
 redheadlady4
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2007 11:39:58 PM
RIGHT ON GIRLFRIEND !!!!! i couldnt have said it better myself. I have no problems what so ever....in fact, so much better than at any other point in my life..
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2007 6:15:42 AM

The first poster's "friend" is mistaken. None of my post-menopausal women friends have any problems with their sex drive - and no one takes hormone replacements. It's the best time ever. The single women I know would just like to find a guy who is as interested as they are.

ROFL!!! That is so funny, and so sad! I'm 55, and the first signs of menopause are just beginning to appear. In fact, I told my doctor at this years check up that at 50, it was humorus, NOW it's more like a cruel joke! Anyhow....Last Christmas I was having lunch with 2 of my cousins (both younger) and the one asked me how to find a man!!! LOL! Well, I was a little shocked, she's 52, never married....in fact spent her entire life as a missionary, now a guidance counsilor at a Christian school. I jokingly told her not to worry about it....menopause would soon arrive and she'd lose interest! WOW, did I get an education! They BOTH told me that they'd been THROUGH menopause several years earlier and that their sex drives were in fact STRONGER than ever. No estrogen. LOL! so, and you can check my membership date here on POF...I came straight home and started looking at dating sites! LOL! I'd ended my last relationship almost a year earlier and mistakenly assumed that sooner or later menopause would kill my sex drive so I hadn't been interested in looking for a new relationship. LOL! talk about having your expectations crushed! All these men my age want nothing but someone to cook them dinner and be available to call the rescue squad if they have a chest pain! LOL! Life is Sooooo unfair!!!!
 creeksidedude1957
Msg: 108
Posted: 11/12/2007 6:39:54 AM
Sex after 40.................all I can say is WOW!! Yes women over 40 do have a higher sex drive and I consider myself fortunate that my sex drive hasn't diminished yet and I hope it doesn't. The experince that older women have is awsome and make lovemaking incredible. You know, the funny thing is, older women are not shy and are not afraid to experiment with new things and they are great teachers too.
 Argentum Crinis Philogus
Msg: 109
Posted: 11/12/2007 6:48:36 AM
Nature has played a cruel joke on human beings and at the same time, makes sense. The male libido runs at full throttle between the ages of 16 to 28 on average and then begins a slow decline. The shift has been described as going from eight times a night to eight times as long, albeit it a myth in the latter and a truism in the former.

What does tend to happen is that the male while libido slowly diminishes with age as testosterone levels decline. Females who no longer have a fear of pregnancy become more free to pursue those desires that have become repressed. There is also something to be said around the different wiring between men and woman. While the male testosterone levels are at a peak in their young adult years, a female, especially one who is rearing children, has a lower libido and its likely a good thing as the children would suffer while both sexes our out sowing their wild oats.

Birth control methods and pharmaceuticals have somewhat altered this natural rhythm. In fact, a scientific study of this might be interesting.

It doesn't seem fair that when males are at their sexual peak, females are much much lower. At the same time, if they were equal, not much else would get done.

As a male who was privileged to experience the full throttle libido of older women when I was a mere 18 year-old, I often utter a thanksgivings for for that privilege and receiving the corresponding benefits of knowledge and skill (The Mrs. Robinson Effect). The old country song and axiom is a truism from my experiences that "Older women make good lovers".

While I eventually met and married in my age range for love and child-rearing. I've always preferred older women and now that I've entered the range and realm in which women are the sexiest and most skilled, I feel like a kid in a candy store. The negative part about being a male in the mid 40s is the growing battle with the loss of testosterone and having to rely on chemistry (thankful though) to help generate what the body is not manufacturing on its own.

As an aside, the female hormones are not source of low sex drive in women, it is also a lowering of testosterone levels that can easily be addressed through a gel or cream available by prescription from a physician.

Women who have entered their sexual peaks are not insatiable so much as they desire to be satisfied and that requires a skillful lover. While an older woman with a younger man can certainly have a larger quantity of sexual activity, it is typically less satisfying than less quantity that is fully satisfying. The former is a product of nature and the latter a product of skill.

Both are great and yet my former experience suggests that while the sex is great, the mental stimulation is lacking since the younger male is not the intellectual equal of the older female who becomes somewhat dismayed at having to explain everything to the younger male and loses that sharing of common frames of reference that she will share with a male in her age range.

When a woman finds both intellectual stimulation along with profound sexual skill in a male lover, she will not feel insatiable, she will feel satisfied as both elements will be present. Add the additional emotional piece of being head-over-heels in-love and fully invested, and you have relational bliss. The next step is maintaining all of these parts--which is always challenging and why I keep very busy helping others who have lost their way in these areas.

Whenever I recall intimate moments with older women and those of the present, I often hear the song in my head, "She's got skills". LOL

ACP
 Eternelle
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2007 11:23:48 AM
I was 16, my grandfather had passed away a few months prior. My grandmother (73) came to visit and slept in my room (i took a couch). The next morning I took her a cup of tea in bed. However, I found her wide awake, sitting up with a book on her lap. She smiled at me with sparkling eyes and rosy cheeks.

I sat on the bed and she leaned over and whispered,"I've been awake all night, and you'll never guess why. I found this book in your night table. I just couldn't stop reading it."

She lifted the book so I could see the cover. It was the book currently being passed secretly around my school friends - The Happy Hooker by Xavier Hollander.

She said, "I didn't know about all this, and I can't stop reading it now. Be a good girl and tell your Mom that I am still tired and I am going to sleep a bit more."

She gave me a huge hug, picked up the book and was engrossed before I reached the bedroom door.

Seven lonely years later, one of her friends persuaded my grandmother to go on a blind date. She was 80, he was 65, after the first meeting, they were rarely apart. We had dinner together a few months later. She just glowed with happiness. I asked how things were going with her "boy toy." She related the whole romance in wonderful detail. Including details she only shared with me..... "Well, he was a perfect gentleman, he didn't try anything, not even a kiss, for two months. He wanted to show me that he wasn't only after one thing. After that - I just never wanted to stop. Remember that book of yours I read?"
(how could I forget)
"I had never heard of an orgasm before I read it, and I still didn't understand it after - but I know all about them now.

My grandmother is 97 now, married to her boy toy. She stopped baking her own bread last year, answers every letter the day she receives it, she can answer cryptic crossword clues faster than any of her three university educated grandchildren. She reads, knits, and still kicks my butt at cards.

Over an afternoon glass of sherry, she told me that all the widowed women at her social club have their eyes on her man. She said they are just waiting for her to pass on so that one of them can have him.

She raised her glass and said "they'll have a long wait yet."

As for me...13 years of boring and predictable sex with my prudish husband. He would not "do it harder" in case he hurt me. He wouldn't allow me to give him head (yes, you read that right) because it's an inappropriate act for the mother of his children etc...

Single at 31 - I had a "one night stand" with a man I had met online 6 months before (we had not met before as we lived in different countries). I wasn't expecting much but I just decided to do something crazy and wild. It was a sexual epiphany, 6 hours of sensual sharing, of pleasure beyond my fantasies, of touching a man who responded with desire and appreciation. He found delight in every part of me. My eyes, hair, hips, the inside of my wrists. My shoulders, my feet (and the usual suspects).

His goal was not to turn me on quickly, get inside quickly, stay there as long as possible and climax...The goal was sensual pleasure, listening to my body, a slow seduction, a passionate dance of ecstasy.

I left the country two days later. No intent to return.

Months later, I did - the one night stand lasted 6+ years of incredible, exciting and totally unpredictable sensual intimacy...and it just kept getting better.

My sexual desire is powerful. I know what i like and what I need in a lover. I tried younger men..but willingness, enthusiasm and a never-ending erection are no substitute for depth of character . That is only attainable through age and experience Even so, it's an uncommon man who perceives his (and his partner's) entire being - mind and every part of the body as an entire sensual, sexual, giving and receiving pleasure instrument.

best,

E
 merlotman41
Msg: 111
Posted: 11/12/2007 11:50:40 AM
Hey.....Iam 41 and my libido hasn't waned at all.....gee you guys are a bit unfair...
So what do ladies dump blokes past 40 to the kerbside......and look for sex and intimacy elsewhere with a younger man..
I don't know about other guys my age, but I keep fit with lots of exercise, eat healthy, cut the stress out of my life, stay in a healthy weight range and have no health conditions.. I feel confident in myself sexually, it's just that i have to find a partner, so please don't generalise us fellas over 40..

So, please girls/ladies.....don't give us lads over 40 the heave ho

Because Iam fricking

iamhappymom
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2007 12:08:24 PM
I am over 40 and want it more now then I ever have in my life....I am also currently going through menopause...early I know and glad of it.
Do some women experience decrease in libido...yes. But I think that more often then not it is the opposite. Well at least for me it is the opposite....way opposite.
 dcbilttime
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2007 12:12:56 PM
Guys If you want to find your self some excitement. Then go find your self a female in her late 30s or old and if she has just gotten divorced, big plus. Not only will you have the time of your life but I bet you will learn something. I have found that the over 40s are more open and enjoy experimenting more. The younger ladies are still looking to have the white picket fence, 2.4 kids, a cat and a dog. The over 40s, well go find out for your self.

PS. You might want to get in shape first
 whirlybird3
Msg: 114
Posted: 11/12/2007 12:15:51 PM
That's it; I'm changing my search parameters as of right now.
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2007 8:07:14 PM
Yup, and I'm gonna stop telling all my little 20 something admirers that they have to bring permission slips from their Mommys!!!! LOL!
 stageright
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2007 8:13:55 PM
yeah, older women are cool. just the other day i was with this chic and she knocked off a cool 10% at dairy queen due to her aarp card! sweeeeeeeeettttt -- !!

back at ya!
 Charlie Shift
Msg: 117
Posted: 11/12/2007 8:28:45 PM
51 here. Truly a novice even at this late date, but, good heavens, sex is the best it's ever been!!!!! What that lady told you about herself... well, she may have been telling the truth, but I believe she was the exception to the rule. Me? I'm doing just fine, thank you!
 tripp007
Msg: 118
Posted: 11/12/2007 9:12:57 PM
50 here............and Im just hitting my prime.......
 SassySky
Msg: 119
Posted: 11/12/2007 11:36:22 PM
Umm OP. I did early menopause way back in my early 30's. Due to health reasons. I have never taken a hormonal supplament.. I can only say . My umm er.. libido has increased with age.
I also have had the problem someone else posted.
I have been told I was insatiable.. Here I had always thought having a high sex drive was a good thing.

So umm OP I think I would be talking my personal Doctor about getting some help
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2007 4:15:07 AM

I have been told I was insatiable.. Here I had always thought having a high sex drive was a good thing.
LOL! Sassy! I KNOW....and you just have to look at them and think...."Are you out of your freaking mind??? You're seriously whining about THIS?"
 horshamguy
Msg: 121
Posted: 11/13/2007 4:39:43 AM
Woman over 40... even over 50? Waaaaay sexy.
 Desi1955
Msg: 122
Posted: 11/13/2007 5:39:57 AM
I'm 51 and my sex drive is higher than it's been in many years . The problem is finding a man my age who is as interested as I am. I understand why older women look for younger men
 WilmNurse
Msg: 123
Posted: 11/13/2007 4:37:46 PM
I am not certain how others feel, sex at 44 is wonderful!!! Can't wait until 45!!!
 Gardendove
Msg: 124
Posted: 11/13/2007 5:05:58 PM
Whoever wrote that is crazy. I'm almost 60, never took hormones, way past menopause, and sex is better than ever. heh
 CuddlyKoala
Msg: 125
Posted: 11/13/2007 5:51:34 PM
Sex at 43 is freaken awsome!!!! I feel like i want it continuously,but the problem is,trying to find someone who can keep up is to freaken hilarious.I think guys after a certain age are losing it.No wonder older women are going for younger guys cause they have energy and stanima.Its like being 20 again..lol Women who go through menopause say that sex is thrilling again.Hormones..who needs theraphy..haha not likely.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > SEX AND WOMEN OVER 40 OR 50?????