Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > How do you really know when a guy is lying? cheating?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Life_After_You
Msg: 26
How do you really know when a guy is lying? cheating?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
No one knows all of the answers to this question, but some of the signs is mainly noticing that he is less interested in you, like barely talking to you, mainly ignoring you at any time, makes you feel as if you're just on the side lines waiting for something that could possibly not happen. You'll never really know the true answers, you just have to talk and communicate, tell him where you stand and if he wants to be with you then he can make the first move...don't keep running to him and messaging him because mainly, that makes you look desperate. If he wants to be with you, says he wants to be with you, then he would do whatever it takes to be with you, but if he continues to lie to you, then it won't work. A relationship is based on trust and honesty, if you don't have that, then what do you have? Don't let a guy walk all over you and use you like this, it's not worth it and he will keep breaking you're heart if you don't do something, if you can't communicate....Life is about taking risks, learning from your past and making a better future, don't you think it's time for you to start your future happy?
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 27
How do you really know when a guy is lying? cheating?
Posted: 2/7/2009 12:34:30 PM
It may not always be easy, but usually it's not that hard. You don't need photo-proof, you just need enough circumstantial evidence, that's it.

1) They're not available during standard bar hours
2) When you can tell they've lost interest in spending as much time with you but act like everything's just fine
3) If the person's stories don't match up. Very key, but requires you to remember all the things they say.
4) There's more than 1 outlandish story over time as to why they weren't available.
5) Cell phone didn't have a signal, battery ran out, etc. too many times
6) Just asking intial curious questions about what they were up to (when things did seem a little shady to you) and they get really really defensive, and even call you out as being untrusting

Don't turn into a jealousy freak though. Part of the reason why it's hard to tell is because you want so much to believe that they're not lying and cheating. That conflict of emotion makes you a poor judger, so you have to refer to textbook signs. :)
 Ella Della
Msg: 28
Posted: 2/7/2009 6:12:46 PM
Oral Heat--don't you think you are getting carried away with asking for a private password from someone--to see if someone trusts you?
 Ella Della
Msg: 29
Posted: 2/7/2009 6:38:01 PM
Oops, I mean lying.
 mulberry4000
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2009 6:48:06 PM
Hi

I always tell the truth and never cheat on a woman I am dating or with but women tend to not believe me. I guess its my face.
 Jacklookn4jill2
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/9/2009 5:40:13 PM
you will know but may choose not to believe. My standard rule is "if you think he/she is cheating .... enough said"
 Valmont-
Msg: 32
Posted: 2/9/2009 10:53:57 PM
Instinct. And do not go against it.
 TipsyFlipsy
Msg: 33
Posted: 2/10/2009 2:06:55 AM
The question should be, how do you really know if another person is lying or cheating, because the sad truth is that deceit is not exclusive to just one gender, that women have been known to lie and cheat as well, since those "straight men" who cheat, have to have a woman to do the lying and cheating with.
 drumsafrican
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2009 4:09:15 AM
If your relationship is working very well and there is no distance or suspicious comments, then likely he is not cheating. Men who are in a positive, fulfilling relationship don't cheat unless they have self-esteem or intimacy issues. Look for withdrawal, distance, not wanting to be as sexual or spend much time together, unaccounted period of time where he is vague about his whereabouts or activities. Ask him directly, too! Ask your friends what they think.

Judith
 zoroitaliano
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2011 11:25:33 PM
To be more precise within a relationship "once a cheater is always a cheater within the same relationship"
 devonbrown1
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2011 11:47:36 AM
You only really know if you catch him or if he admits it. The same goes for women though. Don't assume that men are the only ones who lie and cheat.

Just my thoughts...
 firecats2010
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2012 2:39:41 PM
That Is exactly what happened to me. I have been with my boy friend for 9 months now, for at least (if not more) 2 months straight he was glued to the phone talking to some chick he claimed that he had never seen a pic ture of, neither met in person. When, she, supposedly, was in a public room that we were in, he pointed her out, telling me that it was her, and when I asked him how he knew, he said that other guys described her to him.

I doubt that this makes sense and is possible.

I asked him if he had slept with her, he said no.
One time she called, she invited him out for christmas, his response " i am not sure what i am doing, i might be busy, i would have to check" I sat RIGHT BESIDE HIM. He neither mentioned my name, nor, let alone, mentioned that he was with me and we were in a relationship. so, I felt as if he denied my existence and the status.
 firecats2010
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2012 2:43:07 PM
Bobaluie, so you support males who lie and cheat??
 firecats2010
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2012 2:44:53 PM
Bewitching bella,
sadly neither has mine. Sometimes i really wish i were wrong when i know i am not. It sucks.
 firecats2010
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2012 3:01:30 PM
drums african,
my boy friend and i have been together for nine months now. He practically spent every day together with me and got all sad and grouchy when there were times he didn't.
Yet, he was glued to the phone 24/7 talking to a chick he claimed he had never met, and never seen a picture of, however, one day, she seems to have coincidentally been in the same room as us, and when he saw her, he pointed her out to me and said, that that was her, when i asked him how he knew, and was sure, he said, the other guys described her to him. ...

I find that reply very sketchy and hard to believe, as I highly doubt that a guy will know exactly what a chick looks like, that they claim they have never met or seen a picture of, by the description of other guys.

Also, the one time he was, agian, on the phone with her, IN MY PRESENCE, she asked him to spend christmas with her, ... his reply was something along the lines of " i don't kn ow if i can come out, i might not be able to, i kinda had other plans" i am not quite sure about what exactly he said, but I know it was something along the lines.

I sat right beside him, and he had her on loud speaker. He neither mentioned me, nor did he tell her who i was and that we were in a relationship,... I felt as if he denied me and our relationship. I hardly doubt a guy who truly loves the woman he is with, would ever do that ( ? )
 onlydateIF
Msg: 41
Posted: 9/20/2012 3:34:39 PM
for me, whenever anyone is lying to me I actually feel it physically in my body. I've learned to recognize when this is going on.
 xxsmexixx
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2012 4:22:21 PM
Gut instinct! I always trust mine especially now I'm a mum I have to trust my "mothers instinct"

Smexi
 im_a_rockstar
Msg: 43
Posted: 9/21/2012 9:07:40 PM

1) They're not available during standard bar hours
2) When you can tell they've lost interest in spending as much time with you but act like everything's just fine
3) If the person's stories don't match up. Very key, but requires you to remember all the things they say.
4) There's more than 1 outlandish story over time as to why they weren't available.
5) Cell phone didn't have a signal, battery ran out, etc. too many times
6) Just asking intial curious questions about what they were up to (when things did seem a little shady to you) and they get really really defensive, and even call you out as being untrusting

I actually know guys that have done that because they're trying to hold onto their marriage for their kid, but since him and his wife fought so much, he tried to not be available as much as possible later into the night so the kid didn't have to see them fighting and stuff.

But when it comes to cheating, honestly, the only way to know is to catch them banging someone else.
 darknight48
Msg: 44
Posted: 9/22/2012 7:47:29 AM
sort out your insecuritys first step in right direction. how tell when guys cheating? i could tell you,risk losing my man card it cost you $2500 lol
 JoyHartz
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2012 7:55:56 AM
"You just have to trust until theres a reason not to. If you can't give your partner that much then you really shouldn't be together in the first place. "
I agree with that... I'll would never give my passwords to a boyfriend, since I haven't done anything wrong... It's too personal! And, besides, I've seen a lot of people that, before breaking up, changes your passwords and then ,after breaking up, use your e-mail for all sorts of things... Sometimes, relatinships don't last as long as we think it would and giving personal passwords might be a little bit dangerous.
"We have to have faith for it to work..". trust is one of these things... if someone is cheating you will sure catch a mistake sooner or later.
 Love.Notes
Msg: 46
Posted: 9/22/2012 9:25:53 AM
jasperjohn MSG #5 I believe the expression is "A leopard cannot change its spots". Not lepper.
 Indysweetpea
Msg: 47
Posted: 9/22/2012 9:44:39 AM
Most people lie about small things to not hurt another persons feelings. if it is just that going on, then do not sweat the small stuff. If he is lying to cover up that he robbed the bank last night, that is something different. I would nto judge every little issue with a microscope.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > How do you really know when a guy is lying? cheating?