Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What does NO BAGGAGE mean?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GeorgieLeopard
Msg: 26
What does NO BAGGAGE mean?Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
When I read this I choked on my coffee, as my cig burnt away in the ashtray, "to me no bagage means some1 that never had a drug, alcoho,l smokeing problem or ben too promiscuous. their's alot of healf an moral rezons why i don't wona get invulved with some1 like that"

My thoughts on the above.. go back to school, learn how to spell.
Okay how many folks here have never had a drug of ANYKIND... raise your hand and do the pickle dance!
Those who have NEVER had a drink in their life...raise your hand and do the pickle dance!
Those who have never once tried a cig...raise your hand and do the pickle dance!
Those who have never had sex...raise your hand and do the pickle dance!

I guess that rules out 99.9% of society.. good luck! lmao
 Offmyrocker
Msg: 27
What does NO BAGGAGE mean?
Posted: 7/20/2005 5:13:28 AM
Georgie, it could mean multiple things. I don't really know except I consider it one who maybe has children, a bad environment, could be drugs or booze, and all the mental difficulties dealing with problems. This creates a man or women who is turned off by the additional needs that they simply can't handle. Many who are lookin carry enough emotional baggage of their own, so they don't want to compound the problem.
 GeorgieLeopard
Msg: 28
Posted: 7/20/2005 5:17:41 AM

Many who are lookin carry enough emotional baggage of their own, so they don't want to compound the problem.

Let me get this straight--most people carry enough emotinoal baggage of their own so they are looking for perfection in someone else so they don't have to feel that person's pain as well? That's just hookey!
 Offmyrocker
Msg: 29
Posted: 7/20/2005 5:18:55 AM
That's why I recommend not to be looking.
 Smiler127
Msg: 30
Posted: 7/20/2005 5:57:30 AM
EVERYONE has baggage of some sort or another, it's part of growing up, having experiences and maturing. BUT, you don't have to let that baggage weigh you down!
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2005 6:39:19 AM
It has to be carry on only though....
 AndaPanda
Msg: 32
Posted: 7/20/2005 6:50:46 AM
No baggage?? Ummm...okay....yeah....that's totally me because I WAS RAISED IN A FRICKING BUBBLE!!! I'm sorry but everyone BUT everyone has baggage. When I see someone with "no baggage" in their profile, I don't go further. To my way of thinking, these people have serious problems of their own and are likely looking for me to play the part of the counsellor. Right. Thanks but no thanks. As much fun as listening to your stories of your "oh so terrible" childhood may be...I think I'd rather make coffee, and listen to Simon & Garfunkel.
 realdeal05
Msg: 33
Posted: 7/20/2005 6:58:53 AM
To me a person with baggage means they are still so hurt, resentful, angry etc,. that when they met someone else they let it get in the way of starting new. Some one without baggage starts out with a clean slate for the person they have just meant.

I do not see my children as baggage, and I certainly would not see a man's children as baggage. I alway knew I had some really great kids, but after my last nighmare, I know it even more. It really makes my blood boil when people see children as baggage.
 GeorgieLeopard
Msg: 34
Posted: 7/20/2005 7:05:00 AM
"When I see someone with "no baggage" in their profile, I don't go further."

ME TOO!
 puckman7
Msg: 35
Posted: 7/20/2005 7:34:03 AM
Baggage needs to be neatly stored in the baggage compartment. When it is strewn about, it gets in everyones way and hinders progress toward any relationship destination.
 Lippyblonde
Msg: 36
Posted: 7/20/2005 7:46:45 AM
I would hope it means NO DRAMA. If someone was to refer to my daughter as baggage well I'd have to kick his ass and I just got my nails done so I'd be doubly pissed.
 evanism
Msg: 37
Posted: 7/20/2005 7:51:52 AM
No baggage means if he's going to fly to see you he'll show up with his clothes in a hefty bag.

I had baggage but on a flight back from Texas the airline happen to send it to CA instead. I never went to claim it after that. I figured they have so much baggage out there that they wouldn't mind a little extra from me.

I don't really see "habits" or kids as baggage. Kids are a part of life for alot of people, habits are just that, a habit. I view baggage as others here have said. Being an emotional wreck would classify, being still stuck on an ex, always thinking the world is out to get you and make you miserable, things of that nature.

Some people say they have no baggage because they are over whatever it was and are such easy going people they don't allow others to get to them like other people do. So their rate of accumulating more baggage is kept to a absolute minimum and if it does happen they just fly United so they can lose it again.
 Domeroth
Msg: 38
Posted: 7/20/2005 7:56:06 AM
I always thought "Baggage" was a nice word for "Problems I'm dragging around".

Kinda like,
if you have an obsessive ex-boyfriend, thats baggage.
if you have severe issues with depression, thats baggage.
if you have issues with sex due to some reason, thats baggage.
and so on...

When someone says they don't want baggage. To me it means they want a clean slate to start off with that person. Which is, fair enough I guess.
 Domeroth
Msg: 39
Posted: 7/20/2005 8:19:01 AM
completely undisciplined kids can be considered baggage, I guess. If the mother doesn't care enough about her kids to discipline them, what does that say about her relationship aspirations?

*shrug*
 CPOsteve
Msg: 40
Posted: 7/20/2005 8:32:32 AM
Something I experienceall to often at the Airport
 ~Ames~
Msg: 41
Posted: 7/20/2005 9:54:04 AM
I have always found myself getting involved with someone that I would consider has "baggage". I guess what I see this as is serious responsibilities that life has presented that person. Something that he/she probably can but definitely should never walk away from.
 HavinFunRU
Msg: 42
Posted: 7/20/2005 10:13:18 AM
We are all products of our environment. If someone says they don't have baggage, I raise an eyebrow and move on. (Denial at it's finest.) We all have baggage. Baggage is life's experiences! It's what we do with it that makes the difference.
 seasons in the abyss
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2005 10:17:46 AM
This all depends on who yah ask..........I personally think baggage is some sorta mental/personal issues or whatever, or even the drama queen type stuff. i dont consider kids baggage per se. To me they are more like your carry on luggage on the plane or bus

but thats just me and my definition, so its not the same for everyone.
 GuelphDude
Msg: 44
Posted: 7/20/2005 10:21:39 AM
to me no baggage means no kids or the other would be no strings attached in my mind.
 Lippyblonde
Msg: 45
Posted: 7/20/2005 11:47:57 AM
^ see

A child is a gift not your crappy luggage. I'm 32 and have a 6 month old daughter and during those 31 years of my life without a child I never ever once thought of a man with a child as someone having baggage.

And no strings attached usually means no obligations ... sheesh

ah crikes he's only 18

Knute
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2005 11:48:45 AM
Here's an example of baggage.

The time was several months after my ex served me with the separation paperwork, and she had moved in with her bf. I met an awesome woman online, and we got talking, went down and met her, and made plans together. I even fell for her kids.

Anyway, the baggage part of this story is that as much as I liked her, my intent was to make my ex jealous and to hurt her the way that she hurt me. When this came out to this woman, that about did in our relationship.

That's baggage, in my mind. I learned from it though. I guess there's the good, the bad and the ugly to any growing that we are forced to do.

Knute
 evanism
Msg: 47
Posted: 7/20/2005 11:52:12 AM
Ok guys. This is a sure fire way to lose any hope or chance you ever thought you had with a woman. Now listen up.

If you ever refer to her children as "baggage" just stick a fork in your butt, cause you are DONE!!
 Char610
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2005 11:58:02 AM
It means that the woman has just come out of the womb. I mean give me a break you haven't ived unless you have backage. It is all in the way you carry the luggage around.
 wh33t
Msg: 49
Posted: 7/20/2005 12:46:21 PM
No Baggage to me means no harsh emotional issues, vengeful thoughts of past boyfriends, hidden jealousy etc... When I refer to baggage I refer to anything that can make a person not content with themselves and life.

When I say No Children... thats when I mean no Children.
 Rake
Msg: 50
Posted: 7/20/2005 12:47:08 PM
to me that means no serious psychological issues/hangups. I.e. she loves herself and is ready to love others.

It has NOTHING to do with children or ex husbands etc...
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What does NO BAGGAGE mean?