Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Astrological signs... Is it just me?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Becky_LaF
Msg: 26
Astrological signs... Is it just me?Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I stay away from Aquarius, Sagittarius and Libra people . People have tried to prove me wrong when it comes to the common characteristics that all signs have. So I try and stay open minded and not come to any conclusions on anyone right away. In the end, I always wish I went with my first instinct. Oh and by the way Scorpios rock!!!
 Ultrapig
Msg: 27
Astrological signs... Is it just me?
Posted: 4/10/2005 3:19:15 PM
the other thing regarding whoever it was who suggested you are eliminating 1/12 of the available population by using it as a guide... well, how is that any different than eliminating %wise X # of people based on any other criteria you have decided upon? like non-smokers, drinkers, amount of income, height, weight, looks, profession etc.

wouldn't it be annoying though if the people you were eliminating because they were fat actually weren't? This was the point I was trying to make.

Being born in November doesn't automatically make one a scorpio in the great scheme of things. She is either eliminating all people born in a particular month because she doesn't like the description given of scorpios in something she read or because a bunch of people she has issues with were born in a particular month.

Neither is in my opinion a use of astrology that will get one anywhere useful. I personally think it is especially useless when attempting to predict the behaviors of others. Point it at ones self and one might possibly get somewhere. Birth date is not the predictive factor it is the randomizing factor. Like shuffling cards.
 Becky_LaF
Msg: 28
Posted: 4/10/2005 3:22:22 PM
Nothing is ever random, everything happens for a reason.
 eyez
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/10/2005 3:25:02 PM
I'm scorpio and have been described/accused/screamed at/pleaded with/thrown things at/smothered/clung to 24/7 for the following traits:

ice princess/cold hearted ****
analytical
blunt
passionate
free spirited

When anyone I know has a problem, they call me. When they don't have problems, they call or come over. When strangers see me, they feel the need to strike up a conversation. So, I have learned to quickly
These forums are my outlet.
 Ultrapig
Msg: 30
Posted: 4/10/2005 3:45:34 PM
Nothing is ever random, everything happens for a reason.

What is the difference between randomness and the complete inability to discern the pattern?

There are a pair of very fine graphic novels entitled "Maus" which deal with a polish family during world war 2. The second book deals with the concept of randomness and it's effect on the writer. They won a Pulitzer iirc. Only comic book ever to do so.
 Becky_LaF
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/10/2005 3:50:10 PM
Ultrapig, I am very open minded to everything, I don’t except you to understand, you are a Capricorn sorry couldn’t resist
 Becky_LaF
Msg: 32
Posted: 4/10/2005 4:09:41 PM
I have read quite a few post you have put up in the past, and i was not suprised at all when I read that you were a Capricorn. My ex of 7 years was a capricorn, I can see alot of similarities.
 Ultrapig
Msg: 33
Posted: 4/10/2005 4:33:19 PM
Heh. I take it that is not a compliment. News. Not a capricorn. I put as little data on my profile as it was possible to do. The only thing that I thought was pertinent was my age, so everything else is basically fake.
 TLeo85
Msg: 34
Posted: 4/10/2005 4:44:38 PM
"I'm a Leo..I can take em all. ;)"

heh, I'm a Leo as well and that is very true. we're a tough/passionate sign
 Shugo
Msg: 35
Posted: 4/10/2005 5:21:38 PM
This astrological stuff is just a bunch of crap to sell magazines and get people to read the newspaper, its bullshit.
 FragileSoul
Msg: 36
Posted: 4/10/2005 5:23:04 PM
Libra here.

One of the few libra's who don't do love.
 Paradoxx
Msg: 37
Posted: 4/10/2005 5:27:23 PM
Aquarius, so I dont worry about it :)
 foxefire
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2005 6:09:18 PM
<--------Scorpio

This is for the Poster
Aquarius and Scorpio

Aquarius is idealistic and can be very abstract and heady, while Scorpio relies more on instinct, intuitive sensitivity, and "gut feelings". Scorpio's passions, irrational loves and hates, and intense emotional responses baffle Aquarius, who is far more rational and cerebral. More importantly, Scorpio is very emotionally attached to a lover and can become intensely fixated on a person. Aquarius is cool, unemotional, and rather aloof by comparison. Aquarius needs lots of friends and acquaintances but is not as involved in personal relationships as most people. This may create an emotional gap between you that may well be hard to reconcile. You are also both stubborn, rather opinionated, and inflexible. You'll need to appreciate and really understand the differences in your temperaments to harmonise in a long-term relationship.
My ex-boyfriend was an Aquarius and our personalities didn't match.

Thanks to justaguy13 for the website.
 Shugo
Msg: 39
Posted: 4/10/2005 7:02:26 PM
I look at it this way. this garbage is just another way to throw lables on people, in a way i think its a form of hate mongering.Its also gives simple answers to questions only someone with knowledge of the person as a whole could give.Its made up to get your money and attention on proparganda...dont fall for this garbage...sorry if this offends anyone in anyway.
 strange0879
Msg: 40
Posted: 4/10/2005 7:10:30 PM
^^^ yup, astrology dates back beyond the good ole witchcraft days
 ashley1861
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2005 8:44:08 PM
As they say Hindsight is 20/20.
After a really disenchanting first marriage, I realized that his astrological tendensies were very True in our relationship aspect.
I DO get along famously with people in the catagories astrology says I should get along with, go figure. I have high hopes for a current relationship and he is of a sign which is one of my best. My son is also this sign, so seeing the same tendencies in them is interesting to me.

Coincidences? maybe, but the darn subject has been around almost as long as God. There must be some truth to it. I believe that all things are possible.

Do I avoid certain astrological signs? No, but I'm concientious of their tendencies to be accurate, so carefully observe them.

< Gemini
Compatible signs: Libra, Aquarius
Incompatible signs: Scorpios, no offense to any POF
 strange0879
Msg: 42
Posted: 4/10/2005 8:55:24 PM
astrology came from days of kings and conqueror's. it was the sorcerror's and magicians that made it up in order to help please the kings and make some sense of their personal dilemma. you would commonly find sorcerror's attempting to correlate astrology to dreams in attempts to please a ruthless king so they didn't get there heads cut off. It's along the same line of thinking of acient egyptians building stone idols and then worshipping them as if they actually had souls and can think for themselves. How signs came to relate to birthdays I do not know. I do know that it stems from day dreaming and star gazing. You can find astrology intertwined deeply into ancient cultures.
 a37064
Msg: 43
Posted: 4/10/2005 8:55:26 PM
I'm not into this stuff either, but I will never ever date another Virgo.
I used to date a girl who was born Sept. 1. A friend asked me when was
she born and I told him. His immediate response was "she will nitpick you to death.
She's a Virgo."

He was 100% correct. I've never been around anyone who was so damn picky.
I left a few drops of water on the counter, she threw a fit. It was ok when she
left more than a few drops of water on the counter. Its friggin water!

Once I was leaving her house and went out through the garage, got in the car and hit the button to close the garage door. She came running out of the house screaming "why the hell are you leaving my garage door open?" About that time the door almost took her head off.

No matter what I did, she had something to say. Sounds like a good person to have in one's past.
 smiley199
Msg: 44
Posted: 4/10/2005 9:53:00 PM
I just met someone who wanted to know my sign, it was so wierd..I am a gemini...and I know people birthdays but like some one said to buy them a gift...not reading up on how they behave and what they believe in....it's kinda wierd in my mind...people have a hard enough time finding the right one never mind narrowing it down even more with a supposed sign they were born under...
 Elwood Blues
Msg: 45
Posted: 4/10/2005 10:01:34 PM
I'm not sure about the zodiac. Sometimes several horoscope predictions will happen one right after another *bing, bing bing* but then for years nothing it says will happen.. and they're all so vague anyway.

Right now I've got a Leo for a supervisor and he's nothing like the horoscope says Leo's are supposed to be.

Sometimes we don't get along with people and the horoscope is used to find reasons for this. I don't ignore it but I really don't think it's worth taking into account much. It's funny that after all these centuries, nothing has clearly been established regarding it's relevancy to everyday life.

What I do find intriguing though is the enneagram. It's personality theory which started with the ancient babylonians and is being used as a model for modern psychology today. It doesn't depend on arbitrary things to seperate people into categories. It's done scentifically and analytically as personality research.

Very interesting stuff!!!
 Ultrapig
Msg: 46
Posted: 4/10/2005 10:04:46 PM
Did he actually want to know it or was it just a conversation opener? What's your sign was sort of the 70s retro "How YOooo dooin'?
 çòúntrÿLÏn
Msg: 47
Posted: 4/10/2005 10:49:26 PM
<<<< also Aquarius... moves along to next thread lol
 Silent_Lucidity
Msg: 48
Posted: 4/11/2005 1:18:02 AM
Hrm.. I don't rule out any signs, however I do have preferences. I'm mainly looking for a pisces. been with a cancer before.. pain in the ass (just her personally I think). Never been with capricorn either. Anyhow.. the 3 I mentioned are ones i'm aiming for, but not ruling out others. I rule out women based on whether or not I feel inside I can tolerate them, understand them, they do the same for me, etc. It's all about chemistry. Medications would never have been possible if someone didn't persist to find the 'right' chemistries to make things work. :)

So.. special lady out there.. come drug me baby.. i'll return the gesture. :p

Buddah
 tygre138
Msg: 49
Posted: 4/11/2005 1:30:44 AM
why do you not like us scopions?
 princssluz
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2005 2:35:43 AM
I usually ask people in general whats ur sign. Im not compatable with geminis, leos, or scorpios. Im a capricorn
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Astrological signs... Is it just me?