Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Astrological signs... Is it just me?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 35goingon25
Msg: 51
Astrological signs... Is it just me?Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I've retyped this three times to try not to offend.
Why on earth would you think that just because people are born around the same time of year that they all (millions) share certain attributes....it has nothing to do with anything. I am like most every other schmuk born within 28 days of me? LOL.

Experience is a different thing.....many have stated that all "X-signs" have not worked out for them......fine.....believe what you want....it is your belief at this point that makes the difference, not the day someone was born.
 Ultrapig
Msg: 52
Astrological signs... Is it just me?
Posted: 4/11/2005 2:49:32 AM
re: princluz

How do you feel about the concept that the people you are attributing these traits to based on their birth date may not actually have those traits and the people you think are conversely safe may not be?
 35goingon25
Msg: 53
Posted: 4/11/2005 2:49:54 AM
People NEED reasons and justification for things, and astrology is just a manifistation of this.
 Ultrapig
Msg: 54
Posted: 4/11/2005 2:51:33 AM
but offending is fun occasionally 8D

I think it is a bit more than this, but I agree that if you try to predict the behavior of annother with a raw basic monthly sign you are going to get worse than nowhere.
 35goingon25
Msg: 55
Posted: 4/11/2005 2:51:58 AM
Im aquarius.....tell me about myself...i dare you!
 Ultrapig
Msg: 56
Posted: 4/11/2005 2:56:51 AM
Oh I'm not claiming that I can. If you do a chart (and by that I mean a full chart, not some newspaper article or convenience store scroll trash) for yourself all you get is an inventor of how you think you are and if another does one for you all you get is an inventory of how they think you are. I'm just saying that sometimes this is useful.
 Only1Skylar
Msg: 57
Posted: 4/11/2005 5:14:13 AM
For whatever reason I fit the Leo characteristics to a tee. The good stuff and the bad.
 Quack
Msg: 58
Posted: 4/11/2005 2:59:31 PM
How about a sagitarius? Ever think about one of them?
 Frrosty
Msg: 59
Posted: 4/11/2005 3:09:06 PM

For whatever reason I fit the Leo characteristics to a tee. The good stuff and the bad

<--same.
 LanceHunter
Msg: 60
Posted: 4/11/2005 6:48:46 PM
No easy answer to why to avoid the Scorpion , unless of course , It's just a bad sign for you to be involved with . Each sign has 3 maybe 4 signs that they are compatable with My own experience has been that I can be friends with just about anyone , but few signs will make a good lover , and companion , as there is just too many factors to overcome . Not to say that they can't be overcome , it's just that they are in , opposition to each other Notice , there are 12 signs of the Zodiac , in our western culture . That is a reason that a persons time of birth is as important as the location and date . In every 24 hour period to a date , the 12 signs of the zodiac.... changes , every 2 hrs , hence in a 24 hr. period the zodiac is traveresed . 24 divided by 2 is 12 . Therefore , each birth sign , also has a rising sign , also known as your ascending sign ..... this is the basis of your personality . Otherwise , all our horiscopes would be the same nonsense that you see in the newspaper , not total nonsense , just that it generally applies to many millions of people , born on the same day ........... so is therefore vague and innacurate
 Babylonia
Msg: 61
Posted: 4/11/2005 6:53:09 PM
Then I'm in trouble. A Sadge with Aquarius Moon and Rising means I'll never settle down, right?

Not...my Saturn is in Cancer, Venus in Capricorn...meaning I love my home and love stability.

It's fun, but I don't think I'd pick my partner based on the stars...unless they were a Virgo with a Leo moon (maleific)...in which case I'd run like hell....
 SweetyKitty
Msg: 62
Posted: 4/11/2005 6:54:37 PM
im a gemini and the boyfriend is a capricorn lol i read somewhere we are compatible in bed and in person i dont know
 smiley199
Msg: 63
Posted: 4/11/2005 6:59:28 PM
ok lancehunter you lost me...wow...I got to get reading on this stuff...so where would I find more information...or just clue me in of my good and bad qualities as a gemini...thanks all
 BerserkFury
Msg: 64
Posted: 4/11/2005 6:59:35 PM
I look at it this way. At one time or another, most people know their astrological signs and want to see who they're compatible with based on what traits a certain sign has.

But, I think it's a waste too not like someone or not give someone a chance based on what sign they were born under. Sure, they may have some traits that are written about their sign, but anyone can find something in common with their sign. I'm a Cancer myself, but I that doesn't mean I'm exactly how my sign dictates I should be.

Hell, I probably have some Scorpio traits. I wouldn't put too much stick in signs.
 lushlips
Msg: 65
Posted: 4/11/2005 7:30:29 PM
I am a Sagitarrius(is that how you spell it?)but I do not like to date a Sagitarrius man. Isn't that weird? Well in my experience, Sagitarrius men want only sex and they are very quiet and seem sneaky. Well that's just my opinion. But on the other hand, if a nice and intelligent Sagitarrius man shows how different he is, then I would give him a chance. I guess you just have to get to know the person more to see what they have to offer.
 LanceHunter
Msg: 66
Posted: 4/11/2005 7:42:55 PM
You are the only one who knows what you can handle , astrology only shows traits , and possibilities , of course we can alway's change ourselves to a degree , the only thing is , knowing ourselves , and the pitfalls , of going against the harmony of it
 LanceHunter
Msg: 67
Posted: 4/11/2005 8:09:32 PM
To Smiley 199 , there are courses available to take , no I'm not selling anything , It's just how I became educated on the subject . A short answer would be to check out , do a search , for rosicrucian dot com . Spritual astrology , based in Christianity , they have free software , but will be hard to understand , without some grounding in the concept and creation of charts . Still a good place to start , there are also , if you search , sites for astrology , that offer some free lessons , a good start as well . You can also obtain some fine intro books on astrology at Nobles , Amazon etc . 5 years ago cost me in excess of 800.00 , and that was just to get grounded , also have studied Numerology ( very accurate ) palmistry , and the occult in general . Make no mistake , Occultism , is not the same as witchcrat or the black arts , basically most religions are occultism . It's only black art if that is what you choose to study , The reality is that the .... 3 Wise men of the Old Testament , were Astrologers , even the Pope's Of old , had Astrologer's , as many Presidents of the U.S.
Look around and do a bit or research , the Library may be a fine rescource for the study of such things . On the one hand , it appears to be complicated , but with the advent of computers and software , mathematics of it are done for you . Remember , most readings involve a bit of intuition , a feeling , that will become second nature in time . For you though , get a bit of training in Numerology first . It's accurate , and simple to understand basic math , and alpha in the basic concept , also some free programs and help
 aliveinndg
Msg: 68
Posted: 4/12/2005 7:34:56 AM
I learned that in Japan they go by one's blood type... seems that when people meet one another they ask that very question... so we all have our ways of judging or having some idea of who it is we are meeting... it's human nature..... me, an aquarius with 0 neg blood type.
 smiley199
Msg: 69
Posted: 4/12/2005 7:19:23 PM
Thank you lancehunter for that advice...I love your name by the way one of my ex's was named lance...lmao
 Ultrapig
Msg: 70
Posted: 4/12/2005 7:32:04 PM
I heard the blood type thing is partialy cryptoracism. Something about blood types in japan being grouped by island, due to early population isolation. Can't speak to the truth of it though my memory of it is too vauge and may be incorect.
 Passinthru
Msg: 71
Posted: 4/12/2005 8:12:42 PM
I'm the consumate Aquarian, saving the world, hugging trees, deep thinking but emotionally unavailable.

I dated a scorpio once. Absolutely the most passionate physical relationship I ever had. Pouring gasoline on a bonfire would be a great description.

That was the good part, the bad-
She was the most jealous and possesive person I had ever been involved with and that is one of the worst traits for an aquarian's potential mate. We coined the phrase- "I need my space".

Again as said above, very intense and passionate physically but just like the gasoline on the fire analogy- it burned out very quickly.
 TravelinMan1
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2005 5:43:00 AM
LushLips, i agree with you. Alot depends on the maturity of the person. Theres plenty of mature Sags out there. ACutally what i found is Sag women are pretty cool, cause together, we have great conversations. Thats important, to me.
 smubbs
Msg: 73
Posted: 9/27/2005 5:48:24 AM
what about Capricorn...whats good for them?.....Cheers!
 smubbs
Msg: 74
Posted: 9/27/2005 5:48:29 AM
oops!!!!
 khama
Msg: 75
Posted: 9/27/2005 6:29:25 AM
I have had 3 girlfriends and 1 wife that are Aquarians...
They were all F**KED in the head, so...
I gave them enough rope, and they hung themselves ...
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Astrological signs... Is it just me?