Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Astrological signs... Is it just me?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Angeldove51
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Astrological signs... Is it just me?Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
LOL Khama you will have to date another sign.

Married an Aquarius - supposed to be compatible. In a relationship with an Aries - supposed to be compatible. Am now on this site. Possibly they might have worked out if they were not sick. This has led me me to believe the signs aren't always right.
 khama
Msg: 77
Astrological signs... Is it just me?
Posted: 9/28/2005 6:33:52 AM
I have dated plenty of other signs but I seem to attract
Aquarius females for some weird reason... I am with a Libra now and she is totally
wicked, and I have not been with a Libra before.... But I'm Loving it...
The Aquarius women I used to be with were all Emotionally Unavailable !!!
2 of them were intense sexually for a short period and then they needed
their space... They are weird and I avoid them like the plague !!!

OT: Sorry in advance to other Aquarian women out there, I am sure they are not
all the same, but these four specimens done the damage on me...
 wiccked
Msg: 78
Posted: 9/28/2005 6:34:14 PM
sorry-there for a minute, i thought you were talking about me!!! - but, it couldnt be me- i am an aries!!!!! lol
 Angeldove51
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2005 8:31:47 PM
Agree with you lushlips. I am a Leo and went on 1 date with another Leo. OMG he was just too much like me, but with a different twist. LOL There was a bonus, he enjoyed all the things I enjoyed. Just found him to be moody & wasn't one to express his feelings. I guess that is what a male Leo is like. I am not referring to all Leo males, either.

kinda!
Msg: 80
Posted: 10/5/2005 8:39:10 PM
i don't know what sign is good for a cancer, can sombody please tell me
 Opium
Msg: 81
Posted: 10/5/2005 11:38:25 PM
I kinda think these horoscopes are a kinda self-fulfilling prophesy,... for e.g. i'm a taurean, and used to think that capricorns always disappoint in the end, until i met this capricorn friend who still hasn't disappointed me or hurt me. So,... if he continues as such until i die, i'm gonna take it that horoscopes are proven false.

Frankly, if i read a predictive horoscope after the day has passed, i find that it has no bearing/resemblance to the type of day i had.
 Fine_Finn
Msg: 82
Posted: 10/6/2005 12:33:34 AM
I avoid aries men mostly sometimes the women too. I almost married an aries and it ws hellish control freaks the lot of them I really can't even be friends with them. If that makes me an astroist than so be it (besides you can't always tell just by looking at them!LOL)
 melany270
Msg: 83
Posted: 10/6/2005 12:38:51 AM
iam a scorpio...i think its all nonsence too...why arent all the lil things you read i the magazines the same every one is different...
 amust2c
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2005 10:50:52 AM
Wresteling is real too, lol, come on. It is fine to read your horoscope, I do daily, but I would not date someone becasue of the sign they are.
 MissMuah
Msg: 85
Posted: 10/6/2005 11:50:30 AM
Where to start...

Well to the lady that is also a leo..

Im a leo and libra is actually a good match for leos, Scorpio is supposed to be bad but I've had some of the best "sessions" with a scorpio. Aries is a good sign supposed to fan our flame lol

I dont think anyone should NOT date someone based on signs. If you read into signs you'll psychologically pull out all the flaws just cause you are looking so hard for them to fit into that category.

Im a leo 100%.

I have to wonder if there were alot of scorpios offended by that comment.

Ive found that the majority I've talked to online are Leos.

Just my thought for the day
 Budgirl
Msg: 86
Posted: 10/6/2005 6:17:23 PM
My ex-husband was a Gemini, so I tend to avoid that just cause there's two of them and I don't need to deal with that. I won't judge a Gemini but I'm very cautious of them...I love Cancer and Aquarius...they get along great with my sign...So, if those are your signs then great...of course there's other qualities that is needed...Don't have it in just cause you are Cancer or Aquarius...but, it's a start and it'll get me interested. I do many searches just for thoses two signs......
 Angeldove51
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2005 7:55:42 PM
@ missmuah I am 100% Leo, also.

Yes, I agree with you an Aries fans our flames. I have had so many great conversations with Aries men. They tell you how they feel. Also, find them very loving and caring.

I look at or am interested in knowing what men's signs are, but would certainly not date them if they were not a sign that was compatible to me.

I have never come in contact with a Libra. Would love to know what they are like.

@ missuah Would like to know your opinion on talking with Leo men. Do you find they are too much like you or not? Just curious.

TheBroMan
Msg: 88
Posted: 10/11/2005 10:34:55 PM
I find this so funny cause I could always tell a Scorpio woman. It has to do with the intensity that can happen with them and I know that they are a very desirable sign. You just need to know things can be good but be careful of the bite! Once bitten the sting can stay within and you'll always be weary. It can be balanced but you have to become aware of it if you understand astrology at all. I am a Taurus/Gemini and we are the ones who are the communicators and most are astrologers.

TheBroMan
 soulthing
Msg: 89
Posted: 10/14/2005 9:03:21 AM
Astrologie is not that easy! The sunsign shows only a part (basic viev, mental constitution)and may a bit more. AC showes how you show up and how you go on...... If you want to deal with that, you have to go a bit deeper than with sun sign or you just drop it and trust youre instincts. Its may the better choice!!!!!!!!
 !somewhere
Msg: 90
Posted: 3/29/2007 8:08:18 AM
I've never really believed that someone's astrological sign, would play any role in determining their compatability in a relationship.
Whenever I saw anyone trying to place a huge amount of importance on it, I always thought they were being a little ridiculous.

Turns out that I was right

Zodiac signs off the mark for true love, research shows
Study looked at 10 million couples. Pairings predictable on 'basis of chance'
MISTY HARRIS, CanWest News Service
Published: Thursday, March 29, 2007

A new study of 20 million husbands and wives has concluded that a pick-up ploy tied to the Age of Aquarius is all wet.

According to a University of Manchester report released this week, asking a potential partner "What's your sign?" offers no more insight into the relationship's likelihood of success than consulting a Magic 8-Ball. The study, which draws from 2001 census data in England and Wales, is thought to be the largest test of astrology ever undertaken.

"If there is even the smallest tendency for Virgos to fancy Capricorns, or for Libras to like Leos, then we should see it in the (marriage) statistics," says study author David Voas, senior research fellow at the school's Centre for Census and Survey Research.

Assuming even one set of lovebirds in 1,000 is influenced by the stars, Voas says, favourable combinations of signs would appear an extra 10,000 times in a sample of 10 million couples. But he says the spousal pairings were instead "just what we'd predict on the basis of chance."

Because there's disagreement among astrologers about which signs are most compatible, only the lowest common denominator was tested: that is, whether any combination of signs - Taurus, Aries, Aquarius, etc. - could be found more or less than would be expected by probability.

Georgia Nicols, probably the best-known astrologer in Canada, says she's in "total agreement" with the study to the extent that couples are more than the sum of their sun signs.

"It's not wrong that the sun signs like to hang with each other, but we're way more complicated than that," Nicols says, likening such "trite" compatibility concepts to telling a man and woman they'd be a good match simply because they both speak English. "Astrology is quite a serious discipline, but almost all that's written for the average public is pretty light."
http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/story.html?id=0ef51487-6a80-4e88-8174-e9b1d085cf3b
 Just_Call_Me_Sunshine
Msg: 91
Posted: 3/29/2007 8:35:23 AM
I love the zodiac but never let it rule my life. I'm a Scorpio and have heard many times that Scorpios are the hardest zodiac to interact with. I won't deny it but I also know my strengths as well as my weaknesses.

The zodiac says the worse match for a Scorpio is a Sagittarius. I married one, and then divorced him so maybe they were right. But then again, I'm highly interested in a man right now who is Sagittarius as well. I won't let that stop me, otherwise I might lose out on an amazing experience.

Take it all with a grain of salt.
 sagehuggins
Msg: 92
Posted: 4/9/2007 7:08:04 PM
love the term astroist if i go with the same sign is that zodiac incest i think im cauiously astroist
 Piknick
Msg: 93
Posted: 4/9/2007 7:21:41 PM
I totally believe in what is said for the astrological signs - it's uncanny just how accurate they are. Some qualities may be slightly different or non-existent because it does matter what date, time, etc. you were born; but I have found that overall, what is written about the signs are pretty accurate. For certain other factors come into play - your upbringing, life experiences, etc. But for those of you who don't believe in the astrological signs, read about your own 'sign' and you should see a lot of accuracies. I've gone to different internet sites to read up about my sign and each one is right-on! I believe that sometimes we don't along well with some people because of the clashes between the 'signs'. What I don't believe in is the daily 'horoscopes' that are written in newspapers, etc. - they are much to general and rarely accurate.
 Piknick
Msg: 94
Posted: 4/9/2007 7:29:48 PM
Oh....by the way, I once read that the reason why some people feel that they have known someone forever when they have just met is because when you date a sign that has the same quality as yours - such as an EARTH sign going out with another EARTH sign - you can feel instant, strong attraction (feels like love at first sight). And this actually happened to me a few years ago - I felt such a strong connection with him right away. But the opposite is also true - like Earth signs should not be with Fire signs because they do not blend well together - they clash. I have found this to be so true in my personal life.
 nikoleta2
Msg: 95
Posted: 4/9/2007 9:03:50 PM
Im a leo and most ppl say they try to avoid Leo's. I think it just depends on the person. Doesnt matter what their sign is. I only have certain charaterisitcs of a "True Leo"( just dont get on my bad side, or the lion will come out)
 TigerBlackHawk
Msg: 96
Posted: 4/9/2007 9:13:20 PM
Gosh, I should start running away from Libra's. My Ex was one and... well lets not go there. LOL

My mom is Scorpio and a great person. My Aunt is a Scorpio and.... Not nice to say bad things about people so I won't.

Lets just say I don't believes Signs are a great way to judge people.

And Don't worry, just because some of you are Libra I won't hold it against you.

Well, end this here before I start telling bad jokes.
 Happily Ever...maybe
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2007 9:21:17 PM
^^^I'll add the bad joke...Rodney Dangerfield used to have one, about how, "I tell ya (pulls on tie), my ex-wife said we were a bad match. She was a water sign and I was an Earth sign...together we made mud." Ah, the classics!
 frenchchick05
Msg: 98
Posted: 4/9/2007 9:21:33 PM
I'M A TAURUS, SO WHAT YU GONNA DO ABOUT IT...BRING IT ON ...IM PISSED OFF TONIGHT AT ZODIAC'S....CAN U DIG IT,,,RIDIN' IN THE WIND...LOVE YA FRENCHCHICK...SCORPIOS DONT SCARE ME AT ALL
 whitedahlia
Msg: 99
Posted: 4/9/2007 9:28:36 PM
The Japanese place as much importance on blood type as some of us Westerners place on astrology signs.
They base their compatability on complementing blood types.
When anyone ever asks me what my sign is I answer "Slippery when Wet".
As for blood type questions, I just say "Red".
WD
 banana9
Msg: 100
Posted: 4/9/2007 9:47:05 PM
I don't set my life on astrology but i have noticed some things, for instance all the people i wound up becoming really good friends with are signs i'm supposed to be compatible with. But then i've dates signs that were supposed to be and we didn't last.

I do have a tendancy to avoid Scorpios myself because they are supposed to be my worst match, i also avoid Capricorns for the same reason.....BUT i did a search in my area according to signs and i could not believe how many more Capricorn men there were compared to any other sign!! All other signs had like 6-8 pages each...Capricorn was at 15 or 16....why so many i wonder??? Are they the worst sign to get along with??
Hmmmmmm.......
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Astrological signs... Is it just me?