Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > First date: when the picture in the profile look nothing like the per      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GooFish
Msg: 151
First date: when the picture in the profile look nothing like the person in person.Page 7 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
This can be solved by: Get on webcam now.
 redsox322
Msg: 152
view profile
History
First date: when the picture in the profile look nothing like the person in person.
Posted: 11/15/2011 12:31:03 PM
I wouldnt want to be with someone who lies and deceives people so Id be honesta nd be like im sorry this isnt going to work. Noones time gets wasted that way
 cutenperky2
Msg: 153
First date: when the picture in the profile look nothing like the person in person.
Posted: 11/15/2011 2:39:08 PM
people I have met all loooked better then there pictures. I think in general people are going to put up the best pictures they can find.
 redsox322
Msg: 154
view profile
History
 timebagn1
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2011 3:29:11 PM
I think they should keep these forumsmore up to date !!! Who wants to read a comment made in 2006 ?
 christyis4real
Msg: 156
Posted: 11/15/2011 3:40:36 PM
Then back out of the thread and don't read it. Bada bing...bada boom.
 Inexperience
Msg: 157
Posted: 11/15/2011 7:38:28 PM
Its happened to me a couple of times. Some girls don't look exactly like the photos. Thats not my problem its when they lie in the "about me" part of their profile. Some girls claim they are great yet they were the total opposite.
 triadcowboy63
Msg: 158
When pictures in the profile look nothing like the person in person.
Posted: 11/16/2011 5:52:24 AM
I have it stated on my profile to have or at lease reply with a recent pic that represents you now! Not what you were 10 years ago!

That was added after I met someone that had gained about 50-100lbs hair was no longer the same color... bla bla bla

Needless to say the meeting ws over in less than 15 minutes......
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 159
Posted: 11/16/2011 1:38:24 PM
I can understand if they dont look exactly like the pic, but blatant fakery- like old pix, or photoshopped pix would make me feel...manipulatedthis is why 1st meet should be coffee
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 160
Posted: 11/16/2011 1:53:18 PM
No one has ever commented or complained that I did not look like the photo I sent them....

And most women have looked like their photo, although a couple that were only head shots led me to believe their full body appearance would be different than it turned out to be.
 BSradar925
Msg: 161
Posted: 11/17/2011 3:35:47 PM

It happened to me not too long ago - and now I always feel compelled to ask anyone I am going to talk to if their pic is real or recent, looks are not the most important draw for me, but I do feel I have the right to know if I am being jerked around or not. I was really freaked out by that and I really do not like the thought of it happening again...any similar stories or opinions??

It has happened to me so many times that now I will always exchange cell phone pictures taken on the spot. When I exchange numbers with someone we start texting and I ask him to take a pic of himself, and I take a pic of myself, and sometimes I will make a video on the spot and send it to him, and ask him to do the same.

I also have Skype and I ask them to video chat with me. That way you can see each other at home in their PJ's, in bad lighting, and if you still are attracted to them, then go ahead and meet in person.

If a person says they don't have Skype (or don't have a web cam) it's a bad sign. Anyone can download Skype software, and every computer comes with a web cam from the manufacturer, so you know they don't want to show their face!
 Texan_Gal
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2011 3:42:22 PM

If a person says they don't have Skype (or don't have a web cam) it's a bad sign. Anyone can download Skype software, and every computer comes with a web cam from the manufacturer, so you know they don't want to show their face!

I don't have Skype or a webcam. My computer is 6 years old and did not come with a webcam, and I've never felt inclined to purchase one. However, the pictures on my profile are current and look like me.
 abelian
Msg: 163
Posted: 11/17/2011 3:44:49 PM

I don't have skype or a web cam, because I don't use windows or any of the other platforms skype supports. If using a Silicon Graphics workstation is a bad sign, then I guess I have a character flaw that I don't want to change.

so you know they don't want to show their face!

If it came down to that, well, c'est la vie. I was never so desperate that I was going to cater to someone who wanted a guarantee. It wasn't costing her any money, so I was taking all of the risk. If she couldn't show up, eat dinner and be pleasant regardless of how the meeting went, her social graces were somewhat lacking. I met several women who looked nothing like their photos and I still managed to do that AND pay for dinner without being traumatized.
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 164
Posted: 11/17/2011 3:51:38 PM
every computer comes with a web cam from the manufacturer, so you know they don't want to show their face!

Dang, so dinner tomorrow is out? (Unless I go out and buy a new comp or a webcam for this older one)

You may not realize yet that the few good guys can be turned off by having to jump through many hoops set up to attempt to "prove" their worthiness/identity..
Especially when they are likely very ambivalent to begin with..

So then what are ya left with?
Those common players that know they have to try very hard to bamboozle /sneak their way a bit closer to your heart.. and other parts..
It's kind of a test maybe like jousting for a princess.. The true prince may not bother because he sees the power-plays coming afterwards..
 ricanfreaknphenom
Msg: 165
Posted: 11/18/2011 8:52:44 AM
I think thats why skype was invented
you dont want any surprises
 1talltee
Msg: 166
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2011 1:15:56 PM
Not every computer comes with a web cam, I have purchased several for guys at work and I don't get that feature.
 1talltee
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2011 1:56:50 PM
Not every computer comes with a web cam, I have purchased several for guys at work and I don't get that feature.
 Here_In_Florida
Msg: 168
Posted: 11/18/2011 3:53:49 PM

Webcams are so late '90's lol

If it came down to that, well, c'est la vie. I was never so desperate that I was going to cater to someone who wanted a guarantee. It wasn't costing her any money, so I was taking all of the risk. If she couldn't show up, eat dinner and be pleasant regardless of how the meeting went, her social graces were somewhat lacking. I met several women who looked nothing like their photos and I still managed to do that AND pay for dinner without being traumatized.

If you're really that uptight about seeing how accurate the look by trying to get them to send you a picture on the spot or somehow arranging a method of seeing that person BEFORE meeting them, that's kinda a bit out there if you ask me.

Why analyze how someone looks, just meet them in person, and find out THEN....if they don't look like you expect, then move on. No big deal.
 _allen_
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2011 6:08:26 PM
Every pic featured on my profile are recent, take via my phone or webcam.

These days, there is little excuse for people not have current photos featured on their profiles as most people I see tote around a modern mobile phone with camera.

I find it suspicious when I see users featuring Polaroid-esk photos from 2009 (or what have you). A lot of those photos are timed stamped. (eek!)

I'm not one to ask someone for a more recent photo. If I want to see them, I'll just ask her out for a "meet n greet". No harm in asking a woman out for 20 or so minutes. You may be surprised in what develops during the date.

On another note, I'm not very photogenic and on many occasions have been told I look much better in person. So, I usually take user photos with a grain of salt in knowing that a lot of use will look more attractive in person than some pic posted on their profile. In addition, a "meet n greet" will also give me a glimpse into a person's personality, which could make her all the more attractive.
 eroot
Msg: 170
Posted: 11/18/2011 11:08:15 PM
"Anyone can download Skype software, and every computer comes with a web cam from the manufacturer, so you know they don't want to show their face!"

i'm not sure who posted that, but they are grossly misinformed. not all computers come with a webcam, in fact, not even most laptops do. not every operating systems supports skype, as another poster mentioned.

i do have skype installed on my android phone, and i use that quite a bit with friends in europe, etc, but for some reason, meeting someone in person for the first time doesn't bother me, but video chatting with someone i don't know does. i wouldn't be interested in that until after i met them.

my pictures are all recent in that they are 1 - 2 years old, and main pictures are more recent.

using older pictures were one looks "better" is such a ridiculous thing to do, especially when they are trying to hide their weight.

some people like women/men who are bigger, some do not. all using a picture that disguises this will get you is one very uncomfortable, possibly embarrassing date you wish you never went on, for both parties. utter nonsense, and yet it does happen with some regularity. i just cannot imagine what one thinks they are going to accomplish with this "strategy." i've had this happen once, and it was awkward to a degree i never want to repeat.
 Luckys4thAce
Msg: 171
Posted: 11/19/2011 7:45:08 AM
I am not as orange and shiny as my picture. Especially in the winter. lol
 jeep1127girl
Msg: 172
Posted: 11/19/2011 8:46:16 AM
That never happened to me, Some I had no connection with, they weren't ugly but no connection there.
I do hear that a lot from men tho..How the women looked nothing like their picture.
 UniquelyPassionateCandy
Msg: 173
Posted: 11/19/2011 9:39:43 AM
I have experienced the "you look nothing like your picture" meeting. It can be very disappointing and since then has also made me quite cautious about seeing a few pics of somebody . Or perhaps a cam chat just quickly to determine whether there would be any attraction, or just to decide if you are the person in your pics. Now days it makes me laugh when a guy says, "My computer won't let me upload pics" or "I dunno how" or "I don't have a cam" ...1.every computer will let you upload pics, google it and you will get a lesson. 2.again google it 3.a cam is cheap and can be purchased to quickly take some recent pictures. If you plan on meeting for real, he or she will find out what you really look like anyway so why lie? Be honest-and if you get rejected just look at it as-They weren't right for me anyway. And move on!
 ButlerButler
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2011 10:00:11 AM
I think such behavior is contemptible. I've heard so many such stories I'm very wary when I look at the pictures. My own pictures are recent and real. I honestly can't understand why someone would post great pictures of someone else, then show up looking 10 years older and 80 pounds heavier. I mean, do you LIKE to see the looks of disappointment and anger on people's faces?? If I went to meet someone and they had clearly lied on their pictures I'd turn around and walk out. They're clearly liars and don't care that you're going to realize it. That means you can't trust anything they say about anything.
 ApacheArrow
Msg: 175
Posted: 11/19/2011 10:35:26 AM
Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > First date: when the picture in the profile look nothing like the person in person.