Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Steorn Technology Produces Free Energy      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CharlesEdm
Msg: 26
Steorn Technology Produces Free EnergyPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Why the hell would scientists who endorse his theory want to remain unnamed. Instant red flag.
 Random Entry
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Steorn Technology Produces Free Energy
Posted: 3/1/2007 5:27:58 AM

2)Gravitional assists that space probes like Voyager 2 used to gain speed actually slow a planets rotation ever so slightly.

Exactly.

Without making a judgement on this technology in specific for a device of this nature to work it has to get the energy from somewhere.

If it does do what it claims it is most likely capturing some of the earth's magnetic field. If it does so and it gets popular and take enough eventually it will either have an effect on the earth's weather or its rotations(imagine a 30 hour day because the earth slowed!) or its core temp or some thing tied into the earth's magnetic core.
 CharlesEdm
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/3/2007 7:18:41 PM
if you do the math on this, I think we probably have to worry about our sun going nova before the mass of our gravity assists effect the rotation speed of earth.
 JerryInTampa
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2007 4:28:30 AM
Actually, if you do the math, you will know that our sun is too small to nova.
 CharlesEdm
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/4/2007 5:58:05 PM
Oops double post!
 CharlesEdm
Msg: 31
Posted: 3/4/2007 5:58:50 PM
Heh which puts it at about the same risk level :P

(you got me, but you know the point I was trying to make)
 whitesburgwade1
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2007 4:10:45 PM
I'm turning up the heat
 dbz77
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2007 7:23:43 PM

1)Hydro-electric dams work and continue to do so because tremendous energy is being expended naturally by the Earth.

The energy comes from water flowing downhill.

The water cycle is powered by solar energy.

Michael
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Steorn Technology Produces Free Energy