Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > hunting pussy?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mdew22
Msg: 126
hunting pussy?Page 6 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
well i live in a place that people that cant or wont do there own dirty work and they dump there unwanted cats and dogs in so then its up to me and my nieghbors to do what they wont do and thats to put them out of there missery. cats wont hunt rats untill all the other smaller things are all gone. i know. im a farmer.

mdew22
 Double Cabin
Msg: 127
view profile
History
hunting pussy?
Posted: 4/21/2005 1:01:56 PM
Deagle,

Love your posts but disagree slightly on this one. Hunters have been stupid, but consider this: Organizations like Ducks Unlimited have protected far more wildlife habitat than environmentalists will ever be able to. Good hunters are conservationists, like Aldo Leopold was. There are sadly bad apples out there that lend to stereotype, but if you give them the chance hunters will almost always surprise you by their love of the wild. Reintroduction of predators in certain areas could very well prove beneficial, but a modern world requires game management with very few complete ecosystems left. I've witnessed the proliferation of the wolf around Yellowstone. Despite what Defenders Of Wildlife say, the wold was not reintroduced there. The Yellowstone Wolf was hunted to extinction, the Canadian Wolves they put in there a re a third again larger. Wyoming Shiras Moose are much smaller than those in Canada. This is an equation out of balance many of my fellow liberals ignore becuase of emotional predjudices. I'm not saying this is the state of wildlife management today, I bring it up to illustrate why some balk at things as "conservation."

Feral Cats are a problem, please trust me folks. Whether by hunters or higher taxes to pay for eradication programs, they're going to have to be dealt with sooner or later. Ever come across a barn that had been left alone all winter to find over 400 mean ass kitties inside? Although I hate guns personaly, I think bullets are better for the environment than poison. The only other option is for millions of you to go out and do the job of compassionate collection, yes MILLIONS of you.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 128
view profile
History
hunting pussy?
Posted: 4/21/2005 1:05:24 PM
Oh yeah Dew, the kitties can have the Quail, they're just a bag of bones anyway. But they better not mess around with my pheasant under a glass!
 mdew22
Msg: 129
hunting pussy?
Posted: 4/21/2005 2:40:14 PM
yes there isnt much to a quail. we have a lot of people from out of state that come to iowa to hunt pheasants here. if they even see one they get so excited. i dont hunt them any more because there just isnt that many of them around. i go for bigger stuff like deer. they are just thick here.

mdew22
 Double Cabin
Msg: 130
view profile
History
hunting pussy?
Posted: 4/21/2005 2:44:05 PM
Um, corn fed venison! There good in the higher country here, but the sage rats are awful!

Not a hunter, but my understanding is that NE Colorado on SE Wyoming are getting better for pheasant every year. Good hunting friend!
 Pandy
Msg: 131
view profile
History
hunting pussy?
Posted: 4/21/2005 2:53:09 PM
Great post, Double.
All of us in the South know a couple of guys (at least) (I'll call 'em Bubba and Billy Joe Jim-Bob to protect the innocent) who are more "drunken idiots in the woods with rifles" than true sportsmen. These guys think that preservation is what their Mommas used to do to tomatoes with mason jars every summer.......and I wish there were a way to dissuade them from leaving the trailer park, let alone with loaded guns.

Most hunters I know are responsible sportmsmen who love nature and go out of their way to protect it. These are the men (and women) who take the time to pick up other people's trash out of the woods......contribute to conservation and preservation efforts, and are more aware of what the remaining wilderness is about than the most vehement of "treehuggers". They care and they show it in reponsible (albeit quiet) ways. Remove these people from the forests, and the forests will suffer.

Back to cats? Cats (as much as any other predator) will hunt what takes the least amount of effort to catch and kill. Before they kill rats, they will rob nests, rabbit warrens, and hunt the smallest and weakest of reptiles and mammals available .....animals who do not have evolutionary adaption to feline threat.....these animals have primarily adapted to the threat of indigenous raptors such as owls and hawks.

I love cats. I don't want fluffy the family housecat to be shot any more than any of you do. I have loved both cats and dogs in my lifetime...as well as the rescued wild animals mentioned above........ferrets , birds, rabbits, fish, reptiles, etc.. I also have an appreciation for wild animals and the beauty and diversity that they bring to our lives. I am native, and have been immersed from childhood in the notion that we as a species are NOT any more important than any of the animal species that surround us. We are the caretakers of our earth, not it's owner's. We should act accordingly.
Part of that includes doing what we can to correct past mistakes....and put things back as closely as we can to the way we found them.
 jaxtuff
Msg: 132
hunting pussy?
Posted: 4/21/2005 4:09:29 PM
^^^Very excellent post Notabimbo^^^couldn't have said it better--and thanks for the words about the true sportsmen--and women.
 north9
Msg: 133
hunting pussy?
Posted: 4/22/2005 10:48:37 AM

Back to cats? Cats (as much as any other predator) will hunt what takes the least amount of effort to catch and kill. Before they kill rats, they will rob nests, rabbit warrens, and hunt the smallest and weakest of reptiles and mammals available .....animals who do not have evolutionary adaption to feline threat.....these animals have primarily adapted to the threat of indigenous raptors such as owls and hawks.

With all due respect my dear notabimbo. What is wrong with cat hunting the weakest and the smallest of any kind of creature. A cat is a natural born hunter. And it is here on earth for a purpose. We do not understand how to deal with cats in the wild, becuase we had them under our roof for many years. I SAY ONE CAT OR MORE FOR EVERY HOUSE. AND ONE CAT FOR EVERY ONE MILE SQURE OF LAND IN THE WILD.

Can any one imagine new york city without a wild cats. Did you know what was the biggest problem for cities with large population. It was mice and rats. mice and rats in every sewer of the city. In the 1912 and even today mices and rats are a problem for big cities. And we have bigger and bigger garbage to throw in one area. We create more disease carrying mice and rats,****oach etc....

Every wild cat is a blessing in diguise trust me. The cat's natural instinct to hunt and kill is God's way of correcting the ecology system for all of us to benifit.

Have you seen a cat hunting butterflies in the tall grass of spring. How its head move from left to right. How its eyes observe. How it springs its body, and moves its front paws. Have you seen a cat hunting a bird on the ground. How it lays on the ground, with its ears so upright, eyes fixed on the pray, waiting patiently for the right time.

Yes God created the cat to hunt like a lion, to relax like a king.
 north9
Msg: 134
hunting pussy?
Posted: 4/22/2005 10:52:25 AM
I guess I can not say cokroach. I hope you understand. I can not add the "C". So add the "C" after "O"
 Pandy
Msg: 135
view profile
History
hunting pussy?
Posted: 4/22/2005 11:13:01 AM

Anyone else get the subtle derogatory connotation? How understanding of those less fortunate hillbillies.

I guess it's one of those cases where I can mock them because I sprang from them....I'm from a long, long line of backwoods hillbillies.
The only thing I'm predjudiced again is willful stupidity, no one particular race or group. I should have added the disclaimer that I'm not defaming everyone who lives in a trailer park, either because I have dear family in friends who live in trailers (lived in one myself in the late 80s).
Now , got that cleared up....

Guess it could be worse instead of shooting varmants and growing pot they could be in the cities stealing and murdering (humans), similar to the brothas in the big city ghettos. I bet you'd have sympathy for them then.

Why would you make the assumption that I consider this kind of person malicious? I do not....I consider them dangerous because they are stupid....way worse, stupid and ARMED.
How would you know who I'd have sympathy for and when? I don't really understand the relevance or the direction of your comments. Feel free to enlighten me further.
 Pandy
Msg: 136
view profile
History
hunting pussy?
Posted: 4/22/2005 11:16:53 AM
Yes God created the cat to hunt like a lion, to relax like a king.

I understand North9 , what you are saying, and there is real beauty in watching a cat in action...I appreciate that.....I also appreciate their role in rodent control.

That does NOT mean that it's a good idea to allow them free reign of the countryside populationg and will and eventually driving out native species. Cats ARE cool....that doesn't mean that I want them to be the only animal LEFT in the wilderness.

at jaxstuff...ty
 mdew22
Msg: 137
hunting pussy?
Posted: 4/22/2005 11:23:45 AM
well the citys were built by man and the cats are still eating out of the garbage cans. us country folks dont want them here.
most people that i know are great sportsman and abide by the laws. and thanks nab and double. the corn feed dear here are great.

mdew22
 Double Cabin
Msg: 138
view profile
History
hunting pussy?
Posted: 4/22/2005 12:33:53 PM
^^^Um

Some people will never understand the priceless role hunters play in wildlife management today. I was leery of all the "hype" coming out of Wyoming on the Wolf. But the last 3 summers I've gone home for the season and with my own boots on the ground formed sturdy conclusions upon solid premises. Before anyone gets bent out of shape about anything it is really incumbent upon them to truly UNDERSTAND the situation. I didn't research this particular case, but feral cats require management in most ecosystems. Whether by relocation, hunting, poison, whatever, when you go into that barn I was talking about you will see "kittties" in a more plausible light. Great thread Southern Lady, I am now gone for the weekend. Have a good one!

John
 north9
Msg: 139
hunting pussy?
Posted: 4/22/2005 6:36:49 PM
Hunters who are educated and licensed to hunt so as to benefit from the kill of a dear, is well understood. I do not even know what the number of cats we are talking about. Why is it so much issue?. We know well that city officials in many cities are trying to discourage pet owners from allowing thier pets to breed, becuase of increasing number of incidents where the pet owner's are forced to seek adoption for thier pet or drop them at a humane society or out on a road.

Like in the city I live here in London Ontario Canada. The city requires that you register your pet. Every effort should be made to satisfy all parties interest. Killing of any animal is the last thing one should desire as a solution.
 micxter
Msg: 140
hunting pussy?
Posted: 4/22/2005 6:46:49 PM
well said north 9, I will add that what makes the situation worse is when people kill animals then come on these forums and joke about it. I won't mention names , but it is in poor taste
 north9
Msg: 141
hunting pussy?
Posted: 4/22/2005 6:48:03 PM
[quate]at jaxstuff...ty[/quate]

hummm??, Please, may I ask you to interpret your last statement notabimbo.
Could not understood what you meant

Thank you
 mauser
Msg: 142
hunting pussy?
Posted: 4/22/2005 6:48:06 PM
I have no problems shooting cats. They are an introduced predicator and have no place in the environment. That being said I don't relish the thought of shooting them. but it is a necessary evil.
 north9
Msg: 143
hunting pussy?
Posted: 4/22/2005 6:52:10 PM
micxter

Thank you. You have fought a good fight. I admire your defense and rebuttals on many issues being discussed here on this forum.
 Pandy
Msg: 144
view profile
History
hunting pussy?
Posted: 4/22/2005 6:53:57 PM

[quate]at jaxstuff...ty[/quate]

hummm??, Please, may I ask you to interpret your last statement notabimbo.
Could not understood what you meant

sure north....I was saying thank you to the poster "jaxstuff" for his comments about my post :)
 north9
Msg: 145
hunting pussy?
Posted: 4/22/2005 7:02:55 PM

well said north 9, I will add that what makes the situation worse is when people kill animals then come on these forums and joke about it[/quate]

Yes micxter. That truely is disgusting. Such person have a lesser value to life. And having said that I do not think I can find any justifiable ground to mingle with such individuals. Becuase life has to be respected wether of animal or human.

The native Indians respected that the kill they made was one that would help them live another day and were thankful. True hunters respected life. Even the blood from the animals they killed were not left open on the ground. True hunters always covered the blood of the animal they killed. Becuase BLOOD is life. It was the meat the true hunter is after.
 north9
Msg: 146
hunting pussy?
Posted: 4/22/2005 7:05:30 PM

Okay notabimbo. Thank you for answering my request.
 north9
Msg: 147
hunting pussy?
Posted: 4/22/2005 7:07:50 PM
Yes micxter. That truely is disgusting. Such person have a lesser value to life. And having said that I do not think I can find any justifiable ground to mingle with such individuals. Becuase life has to be respected wether of animal or human.

The native Indians respected that the kill they made was one that would help them live another day and were thankful. True hunters respected life. Even the blood from the animals they killed were not left open on the ground. True hunters always covered the blood of the animal they killed. Becuase BLOOD is life. It was the meat the true hunter is after.
 micxter
Msg: 148
hunting pussy?
Posted: 4/22/2005 7:13:59 PM
North9,

I think we are on he same page on this issue. I was hoping more cat owners would voice there viewpoint as well. We all have choices ,whether or not we kill animals. Some may say it "has to be done". I do have this question for those who shoot cats, What emotion do you feel after killing these animals ? sadness? remorse? or is it somthing like ...ha,killed your *ss you f**ing cat. I am not trying to disrespect anyone , I am just curious.
 micxter
Msg: 149
hunting pussy?
Posted: 4/22/2005 7:50:51 PM
north 9,

You have really put some insightful posts on here too. Thanks.
 mdew22
Msg: 150
hunting pussy?
Posted: 4/22/2005 8:26:32 PM
its not like i like to shoot cats. its just that its a necessary evil. we have to to keep the population down.

mdew22
Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > hunting pussy?