Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are older women not into younger guys???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WanderingMind
Msg: 251
Why are older women not into younger guys???Page 11 of 58    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Never dated anyone more than 1 year younger than me.....they're not mature til they hit their 40's
 ponie
Msg: 252
Why are older women not into younger guys???
Posted: 12/28/2006 7:09:44 PM
Haven't dated a woman under 45 in years. It's not the age I've dated. It was the woman!

My ex wife turns 50 on Tuesday. We were together for more then 10 years.. and I'm 36.
 ICT Lady
Msg: 253
Posted: 12/28/2006 7:17:47 PM

If women of a certain age are showing interest in men of a certain age, do you not think THAT encourages them and entices them to show an interest in those women? Not about confidence, it is about knowing or at least what appears to be the age range of women who date men who are in their 20's.
I am sure that if a ton of women were into dating men say 38-42 and that was popular, you don't think guys that age would be interested in those women more often? Of course, because like women in their 30's and 40's dating men in their 20's, it gives the guy more of a good chance to actually date someone that much older.
And why does everyone sugarcoat it, when you know the younger guy is wanting to have the experienced sex with someone older. And ya right all these women say it is not a control thing? You have the control in the bedroom being the older woman and unlike a guy your age, where both of you like what you like, a young guy is into learning so again a nice ego boost of course.
Hey I could never in my life date a woman close to my mom's age, just like date a woman young enough to be my daughter. Ya sure some 50 something women look hot, some younger women in their 20's look hot but beyond that what is there? And the thing about guys who are older being all jaded. When did women never become jaded. Just like the set in their ways comment. It always seems the guys are always completely in the wrong here. makes me sick. Both men and women do become jaded as they get older from being burned. Men and women both become set in their ways as they get older. What the underlying reason for going younger I believe for the women is the feeling. A guy who has less experience in dating and sex.
Also the young guy/older girl thing is like in school, the boys become teacher's pets, they have the crushes on their teachers. The boy has the fantasies about his teacher.
Hey I am not against this young/older thing just ladies stop the bashing as your reasons.
I know what my problem is in dating, I am sure if you took a step back and thought about things, you would see the reason why men your age do not contact you or why you seem to not date men your age.
It is a two way street, not one side to blame here.

Wow, you lost me with all those numbers. So since I am 56, what age would be considered too young? I need to know so I can rule them out.
 goldn
Msg: 254
Posted: 12/28/2006 7:17:51 PM
probably because like me.....they have figured out that MOST younger guys look at older women because they think they are more sexual.....lol....which might not be that wrong.....but the point is that they think they are easier.....seem to have a mrs. robinson fantasy.....
 ICT Lady
Msg: 255
Posted: 12/28/2006 8:04:53 PM
So, Champ, even though you are an "old guy", you are still a younger man for me. Whatcha doin' later?
 amIURFish
Msg: 256
Posted: 12/28/2006 11:12:33 PM
Okay please forgive me for any English mistakes, as i am from non English speaking background.

What you need to do if you want to get to know mature ladies:

First of all stop swearing. And do not call them older call them mature ladies, respect them for their maturity.

I am 20 years old I also look for sex with mature woman, and would love to learn form them, but more than that, I enjoy and love their friendship. I would love to have a coup of coffee with a lady in her 40s rather than sleeping with a lady in her 20's because of their maturity level.

Wear clean and nice clothes.

Read and watch news daily, at least you should know who Gorge bush is.
You must be able to talk and get their attention and for that you need information which again we come with education, study and read news daily.

Make sure you’re able to make eye contact.

Do not play head games with mature ladies, they already know all these tricks, so be honest and straight forward.

Most of all be respectful and kind towards them, and most probably you will get more than what you give, because in my opinion they are much more generous than younger ladies, in every way.

AmiURFISH
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 257
Posted: 12/29/2006 9:40:35 PM
probably because like me.....they have figured out that MOST younger guys look at older women because they think they are more sexual.....lol....which might not be that wrong.....but the point is that they think they are easier.....seem to have a mrs. robinson fantasy.....

Ok you are 2 years older than me, soon to be one year older..will the Mrs Robinson thing work for me???

So, Champ, even though you are an "old guy", you are still a younger man for me. Whatcha doin' later?

Mrs Robinson??? is that you???
 atlanta_hot_bbw
Msg: 258
Posted: 12/30/2006 12:01:51 AM
I am 47 and find myself attracted to men ranging from 25 to 38 generally. I am very young at heart and find most men my age to be tired and too set in their ways.

My ex husband was 18 years younger than me. Our relationship lasted 8 years, so there must be something to the age difference.

For me it is not about the age as much as the spark in them, their zest for life, oh....and their hard bodies.

Michele
 Sweetiepie268
Msg: 259
Posted: 12/30/2006 9:24:31 AM
First of all stop calling them birds. For me when a younger guys asks me out it just screams that he just wants to have sex with me. Why else would he ask me out?
 MM4
Msg: 260
Posted: 12/30/2006 10:52:58 AM
You all need to get over the age thing and follow your heart, the heart does not lie. I am 32 and get hit on by a ton of woman 40+ and I love it. The only problem with older gals for me is when their ex comes looking for me. That is the only thing I hate becuase older woman usually have some baggage in the form of an ex and that ex usually is one jelous mo fo when he sees his ex with a younger guy.
 Stonewolf_II
Msg: 261
Posted: 12/30/2006 11:12:42 AM

Hmm what is the word...oh yes I was being fecesious

Fecesious? Meaning full of shit?
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 262
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2006 11:14:09 AM

The only problem with older gals for me is when their ex comes looking for me. That is the only thing I hate becuase older woman usually have some baggage in the form of an ex and that ex usually is one jelous mo fo when he sees his ex with a younger guy.

The ex thing does not discriminate to age. We've all got em, and most of em suck.
 The lastresort
Msg: 263
Posted: 12/30/2006 11:15:53 AM

Fecesious? Meaning full of shit?
quite!
 onegreatm8
Msg: 264
Posted: 12/30/2006 2:21:53 PM
Wow, has this thread gone down the crapper quickly, started by a maladjusted horny cant get laid 19 year old, to bashing older people for choosing and some who cant take rejection

Champ, Im a little surprised at you guy? Ive read in another thread where you come across as a solid guy but Im reading and correct me if im wrong here, someone who is bitter? yes, no, maybe??

Champ, people are people, no two people are the same right? some women will go for younger, some will go for older some will go for someone their age, Last time I checked its a person's right to choose, we cannot help that who are we attracted to? nor should we condemn someone for their choice? listen I love to meet Halle Berry, but since I dont live in La La land among the beautiful people I wont be pissed off at Hollywood actresses, no.

To make sweeping generalizations about older women well isnt exactly smart on your part guy

Just my 3 cents.
 *Babydoll272*
Msg: 265
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2006 3:53:41 PM
^^Champ^^

Are you still at it?? What have I been telling you? Didn't you hear anything I had to say to you?

(shaking head)...I guess you just like to complain and after all the time I spent trying to convince you differently..."Forget last Summer... Move On!!"
 The lastresort
Msg: 266
Posted: 12/30/2006 4:02:22 PM

Didn't you hear anything I had to say to you?

no babydoll272, he didn't hear anything...he's developed 'selective hearing' syndrom an an early age....

bucsgirl
Msg: 267
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2006 4:08:17 PM
I don't know about champ being bitter, maybe insecure?
This thread isn't about him, though, so can we try to steer it back on topic.
Usually the men who start these threads are just whining because they haven't been able to attract the women they want. So they have to label it "older women/younger men" if it's not that it's the other tired out redudant, height issue, weight issue....ad nauseum. Just have to find something to mask their insecurity because it couldn't just be THEM, now, could it?
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 268
Posted: 12/30/2006 10:08:47 PM
I could probably attract 18 yr olds...maybe 20 yr olds if I am lucky...is that acceptable? I think not. LOL...
I had a laugh today at work, was talking to a woman and she is 41, she had overheard some of us talking about New year's and what we are all doing. Well she pipes in that "Oh I will party with some hot young guys, they are way more fun than old guys"...then she says "I hope none of you are close to my age, if so sorry."
The guys I worked with today are all 23-25 and they looked at me and laughed after she walked away.
Oh found out I have a 23 yr old who likes me at work...now 14 years is just a little too much, but then again beggers can't be choosers right? LOL
 ladi
Msg: 269
Posted: 12/30/2006 11:17:15 PM
I often date younger men. But not THAT much younger - is that legal. lol
 White_mask
Msg: 270
Posted: 12/30/2006 11:54:40 PM
well i too am a younger man and you know what, im not looking for a 40 year old woman. and i dont think the OP is either, its just that some of us young guys are actually mature. ive been at the get slammed play Xbox for hours on end. when i was 13, i have been drunk to the point of incoherence when i was 15. i went to the bar for the first time when i was 16. and I've lived on my own since 17. i dated a single mother and helped (a small part) in raising her son. so what now, ive done what everyone my age is just getting into, now i dont drink. i dont do drugs. because hell i've done them all. so now what? im 19 and ive had more life experiences than most 25 year olds i know, so how the hell could i be happy with someone whoz 19? how the hell can i do things with someone whoz never really done anything. so thats why there are some of us "young guys" looking for a older woman. so i defend the OP because im at the same door. so all you woman out there looking at us young guys and saying well hes to young and imature, well i got something for you. have you ever raised a kid? have you waken up 20 times a night to comfort an infant then go to work the next day to a job you hate because you have to feed your "family"? i didnt think so. so the next time you pass judgment on us "imature" young punks maybe think hey maybe this guy has seen and done somethings that i havent maybe he is a mature man. so yah im not to sure where im going with this except go OP kick ass and find that older girl.

and thats all i have to say about that.
 mystykchyk
Msg: 271
Posted: 12/31/2006 12:40:42 AM
I don't know why this is the case but ever since I got divorced 7 years ago, it seems like younger guys are all I attract. Since then, I only went out with one guy who was older than me: (and we only went out twice). All the others were younger (by 7, 15, 1, and 11 years). I don't know why - I seem to attract younger guys but that's ok, because I tend to find younger men more suitable for me.

It's not a question of maturity for me at all. I guess it's like that saying, just because you age, doesn't mean you have to get old. I have continued to develop as far as emotional maturity, spirituality, and intellectual growth, but hey, my interests and energy level are just not stale! For instance - I'm 39 and just now finding myself interested in comics & graphic novels. My 16 y/o son listens to saner music than I do. If I picture myself as an old lady - it's the zany eccentric one with the wacky loud clothes and big floppy hat - the one all the grandkids love because when mom and dad leave her house, she cusses, has a crazy cackle when she laughs (a lot), and takes them on the most magical adventures!

Nah. I'll never be "old"!
 MRWonderfulThug
Msg: 272
Posted: 12/31/2006 12:57:55 AM
Dude, honestly? Older women want MEN, men who are responsible, financially secure, emotionally stable, independent, mature, & not live with mommy or daddy. Sorry dude, but that's reality...trust me, enjoy the young birds while you still can.

yea i hate that f#$%^&g banana too
 mystykchyk
Msg: 273
Posted: 12/31/2006 4:00:33 AM
Why is it I never hear us ladies complaining about that banana?

Uh oh, it couldn't be banana envy, could it?

(sorry, I couldn't resist)
 lucidmoments
Msg: 274
Posted: 12/31/2006 4:27:08 AM
Thank you MrWonderfulThug: that's it in a nutshell. Most of us "older women" are that too: WOMEN, financially secure, emotionally stable, mature, etc. Plus we don't want to:
1. Explain every song from the 60's & 70's to you
2. Pay your irresponsible debts for you
3. Have someone near or at our childrens age-we already raised them-don't need to raise you too
4. Train you in anything-including sex/lovemaking and teaching you the difference

BTW: to all posters bashing anyone else's preferences: it is still anyone's choice!

I hate the banana/cucumber/pickle/penis enviable thing too. It's downright fugly!

lucidmoments
 sweetandreal
Msg: 275
Posted: 12/31/2006 4:30:29 AM
Seriously, because it is just wrong to want to date someone is at an age where they could be your child.

Plus, most young men - 19-24 are still living at home, and in the "drama" world where everything is an issue - the ones I have seen on the forums seem to think that women shoudl drop everything and spend 24/7 with them to the exclusion of their friends/families....this isn't necessarily a bad thing at your age, when lust plays a factor......but at our ages, it is too much to ask.

The other issue is that most young men just don't have it together enough to handle a woman in her mid 30's who is not going to put them first before her children/career/life and friends. They are still finishing University, or haven't settled into a career yet....I like men who are established, have lived a bit and know what maturity, commitment, and integrity is - this comes from life expereince, not age, so please don't take that as an offensive statement, it isn't meant to be.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are older women not into younger guys???