Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are older women not into younger guys???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WAGOOSH
Msg: 326
Why are older women not into younger guys???Page 14 of 58    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
OHH THEY ARE YOU JUST HAVNT LEARNT TO CATCH THERE EYES OR HEART N MIND PERHAPS SPIRIT TOO ,, GET ALL 4 N YOULL HAVE A OLDER LOVER ... I HAVE HAD PLENTY OF WOMEN OF AGE APPROACH ME N STILL DO .. ITS ALL ABOUT YOU.... ASK THEM N THEYLL TELL YOU ..... CUZ MAN O MAN ALOT OF WOMEN WANT YOUNG MEN BUT ONLY THOSE WHO CAN ACT N BE MATURE AT THE SAME TIME .... BUT AYE MAN COULD BE YOUR LOOK NOT TO BE RUDE ,, YA MAY STILL LOOK LIKE A BOY IN THERE EYES ...... I REST MY CASE LMAO
 Janet4now
Msg: 327
Why are older women not into younger guys???
Posted: 1/3/2007 6:49:25 AM

...Tell u why coz am 19 and they must think "hes 19 hes 2 imature". well do u?? What do i need to do grow a few years??? Am sick of birds my age!! Fcuk sake someone help or tell me what the hell am doing wrong??

I don't get guys like you... respect for your elders has obviously taken on a whole new meaning...

Listen kiddo, in another 20 years you'll be lusting after those "birds your age" and they'll laugh in your face.
 spiritedfox
Msg: 328
Posted: 1/4/2007 11:14:20 AM
for me 37 is a younger guy and if you lived closer to where I do, I'd check you out. Not sure if you have an attitude problem, hard to say on these forums, but the only way to get to know someone is by seeing them (in person) and spending some time with them. Usually after a few dates (young or not) you'll know if there's chemistry. After watching the movie I did last night (she was 40 , he was 20), I say it`s just a matter of mutual interests and chemistry. So I'm in.
 Agapantha
Msg: 329
Posted: 1/4/2007 11:30:16 AM
I was involved with a younger guy once and sweetheart that he was the reality is that the 9 years does make a difference...there is a huge shift in your view of the world, your priorities, desires, etc when you get into your late 20s and early 30s, and my friends in their 40s have told me there is another shift then. A younger man is, generally, in a different stage of life and as nice as he might be, I need to be with someone who has gone through their stuff, gotten trhough that stage, etc.

for some people it works, for others it doesn't. i'm open to the possibility but realistically know that i prefer to date men who are in the same frame of reference to looking at the world and their place in it, so to speak.
 happyand free
Msg: 330
view profile
History
BALONEY I love younger men!
Posted: 1/4/2007 8:59:38 PM
Oh how can all these women post all these negative remarks about younger men? I'm 53 and my last boyfriend happened to be 37 and we did not get together because we wanted to experience the age difference.
We just had so much in common and got along so well. Most of the men I meet that are my age act like my parents! They listen to oldies and have this conservative outlook on life. I like TODAY'S music and am accepting of all lifestyles.
Someone in their 30's HAS experienced life. Iif you just get off your high horse and stop and LISTEN. It's not all about you, it's about listening to other people's stories and digesting what they're trying to say.
I've met so many wonderful people on this site from 21 to 59 and they are all equally fascinating and I wish each and every one of them the best that life has to offer (and they're willing to grab!)
Good luck!
 nezzie
Msg: 331
Posted: 1/4/2007 10:22:09 PM
OK SO I HAD TO REPLY TO THIS ONE....

I AM 25 AND I ALWAYS WANTED TO DATE OLDER MEN... HENCE THEY ARE MATURE.. THEY ARE STABLE AND THEY DONT PLAY HIGH SCHOOL MIND GAMES.... 2 YEARS AGO I MET A BOY..LOL WELL HE WAS A BOY... HIGH CHOOL KID IS WHAT I THOUGHT.. BUT WHEN I WAS SAD HE WAS THERE TO MAKE ME SMILE.. WELL KNOWING HIM FOR 2 YEARS I HADNT TALKED TO HIM FOR ABOUT 6 MONTHS I GOT A CALL FROM HIM... HE IS NOW A UNITED STATES MARINE... HE IS 18 WILL BE 19 IN FED.07 AND WE HAVE BEEN DATING FOR A MONTH NOW..... NOW I CAN HONESTLY SAY HE IS MORE MATURE THEN MOST GUYS AT MY AGE ( IM 25).. SO IT REALLY ALL DEPENDS ON A GUYS MATUREITY.. I FOUND ONE!!
GOOD LUCK
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 332
Posted: 1/5/2007 3:50:22 AM

Most of the men I meet that are my age act like my parents! They listen to oldies and have this conservative outlook on life. I like TODAY'S music and am accepting of all lifestyles.
Someone in their 30's HAS experienced life. Iif you just get off your high horse and stop and LISTEN.

Really now? Nice comment aimed at older guys, I bet that really encourages them to want to date women their age. Seems once again it is resorting to bashing those guys. I often now wonder, did you older women date tons of men your age, and meaning your age currently not men your age over the past 10 years.
I supposes younger men have their shit togather, make great money, are not in debt, not in the partying stage? I will have to head out to the clubs/bars to see the age range at them. Because from what I have read on some postings, hardly any of the younger guys are out there at the bars even. I highly doubt that the bars have 30-50 yr olds.
I listen to Retro 80's, hey that was the music I grew up on so I don't dismiss the music I enjoy being old or new. I listen to the dance music from the 90's when the club scene was in full swing, was called Euro-Dance, I listen to country but not the old country but stuff from the 90's until recent, I listen to classic rock, I listen to newer dance/rock/pop music.
Also the guys acted like your parents? Ever thought you may have also to him? Or is it only a one way street.
Funny how everything is a one way street on this topic, older men can do wrong and younger men can do no wrong. Good analogy ladies.
 Minx
Msg: 333
Posted: 1/5/2007 6:50:28 AM
I don't like dating older men because I usually have absolutely nothing in common with them... It may say I'm 37 on my birth certificate but I have a very young heart..

I don't like dating 'a lot younger' men because they're just plain not mature enough.. I've been hit on from as low as 'kids' (meaning 16, and this was as recent as 3 months ago), usually I get from the 21-26 crowd... They still have a lot of living to do, alot to experience, and I don't want them saddled with someone who's on disability for life.. If they're old enough to be my son, even if I did start early enough, there's no way.. PLUS, I've had my share of younger men.. all of them into head games.. I had 8 years of that shit in a marriage, I don't want it anymore..

That may be why I'm having a hard time finding men around my age but even then, alot want the eye candy (from what I've seen, a lot have asked for the 'fit/athletic/attractive' model) and that's just not me.

My problem is that men just see that I still have 40lbs or so left to lose, not the fact I've lost over 150.. but that's another topic..
 Catperson
Msg: 334
Why are older women not into younger guys - Reply to Initial question
Posted: 1/5/2007 9:27:52 AM
I am replying to this initial post in general; and not to any specific person

I have always dated guys a few years younger than myself (2-5 years younger). I am a young looking and young thinking woman for my age. I find younger men to be a lot of fun and statistics show that women generally outlive men. If I ever marry again; it will most likely be to a younger man.

I won't date men young enough to be my son; however. Anything over a 10 year difference is getting into the "He could be my Son" category and that age difference is way too extreme.

I would also like to say to all of those older men out there who have posted on their profiles that they want to meet 21-31 year old model "body type" women:

Be more broad minded; and consider the women a few years older than yourself as well on these dating web sites. Age is only a number; and there may be a beautiful woman out there who is a little bit older; but looks and acts young; and who just might be perfect for you.
 Minx
Msg: 335
Posted: 1/5/2007 10:01:23 AM
Props to Catperson...

.. and so what if we're not rail-thin.. we can still twirl your beanie..
 Mr Bain
Msg: 336
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2007 10:55:31 AM
I look older than I am, so you wouldn't believe how easy it is for me to fool an older woman.
 lucilou
Msg: 337
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2007 2:50:34 PM
then i dont have a chance with younger man!!!
 goddess1972
Msg: 338
Posted: 1/5/2007 2:58:53 PM
it depends how much older you are talking about personally at 34 i would not date a nineteen year old. but someone at 21 might. my friends daughter is 20 and her bf has just turned 18, it also depends on how mature you are for your age.... and dont go for too much older than you or it wont happen.
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 339
Posted: 1/5/2007 4:13:59 PM
So Champ....we can take it you have dated a whole lot of men in their 50s???

We all know your hatred of women dating younger men...and to be honest, it your rants on the subject are just getting ridiculous.

Unless you have a lot of experience with dating men over 50, please keep your opinions on the merit of the older man to yourself.

Besides....it is NOT THE DAMN TOPIC!!!!

Wow talk about abrupt. I have no hatred at all. I get annoyed when it seems women want to justify why they prefer younger and it always ends up being bashing older men. Then you hear the women say only younger men seem to hit on me.
Well geez, bash the older guys they figure why bother with women their age, sounds like they do not have a chance.
I never approach or talk to women my age because too many say they prefer 20's and bash us old guys their age. Why would I take a chance to be shot down when it seems their minds are made up.
So guys in their 50's are washed up, sad that life must be over when a man turns 50. May as well send him out to the pasture? But women are fine in their 50's right? So why are men considered not? I guess all the women who say men their age are this and that have dated all the men available in that age catagory? Of course they have. And everything women say are 100% true and we only lie.
Nothing wrong with dating younger for women, but defeinitely not for men. And see point proven, even women in their 30's do prefer men under 30. But to each their own.
No hatred here, just no desire to waste my time in a scene called dating when more and more women just set their preferences on age and rarely bash those youn guys. No wonder they are so confident...they hear compliments galore from older women and women their age.
I know you Fox are one of the very few who do not date alot younger. And I have never bashed you but I am flattered for the abrupt bash at me for my pain in the butt posts. I won't waste anyone's time posting my thoughts like others do because it gets annoying when I post. When i do post I will agree wholeheartedly so to not annoy anyone.
Like how many like it, say what they want to hear and not what they do not want to hear.
I got it.
 North3rn Lights
Msg: 340
Posted: 1/5/2007 4:16:03 PM
Because we don't want to look like we are dating our kids! LOL.
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 341
Posted: 1/5/2007 6:33:44 PM
What I laugh about is why the OP asks Why Older Women Are Not Into Younger Men when it has been said time and time again on numerous threads they certainly are. Not all but the vast majority are.
So I Deal With it...DEAL

I have now climbed off my soap box and joined with the masses to say it is great to see more older women dating younger. I think younger men who think they don't should get out there in the real world more often.
You will indded see that these days a whole lot of women in their 30's, 40's and 50's are dating, having sex with, and preferring to be with men in their 20's and some 30's.
I may not personally agree with the so called justifying reasons, but hey all the better for the older women to find a man who is the way they like him to be.
I think you will see it to be the norm that many women will date alot younger as they get older. So guys just get out there and pursue them. They are waiting and wanting and take it from an older guy, we do not approach much as we get older...at least I don't, and so that leaves you guys in a way better position to get these women than us. Go for it, you will not be disappointed.

edited: Besides I somewhat agree with some things said about us old guys. Ya we do get boring and content...and yes one can represent 1000 of us as that is human nature.
I used to get bent about it because I felt it lessoned my chances of dating but all it is, is that older women want what guys like me can't give is all. Life goes on and the chip becomes respect and I think it is now great. I would never date anyone any age anyhow. Not worth the time and effort until I felt I was good enough is all.
All the best and go for it guys. Stop sitting there wondering.
 passioniteone
Msg: 342
Posted: 1/5/2007 7:42:41 PM
ok 28 my limit sheeesh
 A_lost_Angel
Msg: 343
Posted: 1/5/2007 11:15:12 PM
^^^^^^^

Oooooh yeah!!! You go GIRL!
 Jenn67
Msg: 344
Posted: 1/6/2007 12:56:01 AM
Personally, I love younger men....they're fun, energetic, spontaneous and have a really short recovery time...if needed!!! I've been on this site a year now and I don't think I've ever "dated" anyone older than I am. When these young guys message me, I generally ask if they are concerned with the age difference. All of them have said that it's just a number, and I totally agree with them. I have seen 25 yr. olds on this site who I would love to go out with and I've seen 55 yr. olds who I also think are amazing! It's just a number!!! I'm 40 and have been seeing a 25 yr. old for over a year now. He's incredibly hot, funny and doesn't come with a lot of baggage...and I like that. So the time that we spend together is fun time!!! I love being Mrs. Robinson!!
 Laneybird
Msg: 345
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2007 1:32:05 AM
I couldnt imagine myself getting into a relationship with a man younger than myself. Its just not what i want and I just dont feel attracted to younger men.

My daughters dad is 31 and he has recently started seeing a young girl who is 18, but looks no older than 14/15 and I find that pretty sick.
 lilhuladancer
Msg: 346
Posted: 1/6/2007 1:33:20 AM
OK- most women, including myself, arent into younger guys. why? lots of reasons. Personally, I have a daughter... most men (or boys :P ) your age are only into parying, having fun, and doing whatever and who ever they want. They dont have the maturity or life experience of an older man. Im not saying its YOU, its just the general idea of the younger guy. Not always good in any woman's book. JMO. << Love the little green guy! He just got lucky! LOL
 Catperson
Msg: 347
Posted: 1/6/2007 8:45:57 AM
Reply to MINX....from Catperson

ABSOLUTELY. I AM LOOKING FOR THE RIGHT PERSON; NOT A BODY TYPE....but you are 37 years old and I am 58. You are young enough to be my son....

Good luck with your search here and "Have a Nice Day".......
 wexus
Msg: 348
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2007 3:07:22 PM
Always looking to correct & help the original DADDY - the first daddy they ever had...

& they want to be dominated by an older looking guy so they can complain...

(from expierence - They want to be ruined!!!!)...

Kahuna-=
 Titian
Msg: 349
Posted: 1/6/2007 4:00:19 PM
I tried dating younger guys and found that the ones I did date were immature...spent most of their money on their toys,living with mama...and have no clue what raising a family is like...so I chose not to date younger guys...cause from my experience we dont have alot in common since I have children...to take care of...It seems we were on different wavelengths of life....
 Senor Spode
Msg: 350
Posted: 1/6/2007 6:19:36 PM
It works both ways. There's definetely 'nothing' wrong with a woman dating a much younger man if he's at least 18. The same goes for an older man dating a much younger woman.

If a young man or young woman are around the age of 18-21, and they complain that a much older person was eyeing them, or hitting on them at a club or bar, they need to understand they're of 'legal' age. A 21 year old man or woman can't go into a bar where 'being hit upon' goes hand in hand with drinking, and expect a 60 or 70 year old to not approach them because they're supposed to 'discern' the age difference. If one is 18, they're open target so to speak.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are older women not into younger guys???