Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are older women not into younger guys???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Cattilac
Msg: 351
Why are older women not into younger guys???Page 15 of 58    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
I don't think there's a right or wrong here......if you have common interests, goals, lifestyles, etc it shouldn't really matter. The problem I see with it is that often people are at different stages in their life - especially in the area of having/starting/raising families and that can very adversely affect a relationship.

And, for me personally, I just don't feel that comfortable "dating" someone a lot younger. Although I've met - both on here and IRL - some pretty interesting men who are "out of my comfort zone" as far as age goes,,,,,,so who knows?

I guess it's really just personal preference.....which everything should be, after all.
 Senor Spode
Msg: 352
Why are older women not into younger guys???
Posted: 1/6/2007 6:47:56 PM
If a woman in her say, 50's, made in her prerequisite that she wants no one over, say 30, that's entirely her business. If she pulls it off, no has anything to say about it!
 Minx
Msg: 353
Why are older women not into younger guys - Reply to Initial question
Posted: 1/7/2007 4:33:22 AM
Umm.. Catperson, I was replying to your statement of "I would also like to say to all of those older men out there who have posted on their profiles that they want to meet 21-31 year old model "body type" women" because I am a woman who's having this problem.. they all want model bodies.. I sure don't have one and never will because it's just not in my genetic makeup..
 whitemagnolia105
Msg: 354
Posted: 1/7/2007 6:49:00 AM
I think there is a place to draw the line I am 47 years old I have went out with a guy who was 37 years old that's 10 years younger. NOW 19 years old for me I could never do that my son is 19 years old. and I guess it's really what your comfortable with. You live life you go through many experiences, you become more knowledgable and wiser (ah let no one fool you wisdom comes at a great price)and that just puts you in a whole other ball field, and it depends on what and why and the intentions involved How would a 19 year old boy be on the same level with a 40 to 50 year old woman? I believe it doesn't seem to matter more so once you get up 10 more years in age your so young your only 1 year older then the legal age of being considered to be an adult and not adult enough to even drink yet. fine example if i was 27 then a ten years different would actually be illegal . Just hang in there sweetie you have a HUGE life awaiting you go for it
 shyblondee
Msg: 355
Posted: 1/7/2007 8:23:59 AM
To be honest, if I were single I would not be looking for a much younger man. I prefer someone within about 5 years either way of my own age. I like being with someone who went to high school at the same time I did and shared similar life experiences growing up.

If I happened to meet someone younger or older that I clicked with, sure, I would go out with them. I am sure there are men who are younger and have a more mature outlook on life, just as there are older men with a youthful outlook. I try not to generalize on age, but again, I like being with someone relatively close to my age. Lucky for me, there are tons of men around my own age who absolutely ROCK!

Just speaking up for the men in their 30's (so far my favorite time of life!)
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 356
Posted: 1/7/2007 10:28:55 AM
i think alot of times younger women are thrilled if an older guy is nice to them, showing them respect and not trying to get in their pants. They see it as a compliment.
I think older women like the fact that younger men are seeing them as attractive mature women, it impresses these guys to be given the time of day from someone much older.
But in the end I believe it will come to a point where one person has lived that part of their life and although it is great to talk to old friends about the good old days, reliving them with someone younger is rehashing the past really.
I did my partying days in my 20's. And I am not up to reliving them again with a woman say in her mid 20's. Was a fun time.
I think men and women like the ego stroke of someone younger showing an interest in them. Makes us feel young again and feel wanted as we have gotten older. But I don't know, I myself cannot really see me at 38 haning out with a bunch of people 15 years younger than me. Just not on the same wave length.
Can older women really see themselves having alot in common with a guy who just got out of college/univ, has not really ended up doing what he plans on doing, has not had a family and has not made up his mind yet? Just a couple of things.
I know the sex is mind blowing for both the young guy and older woman, but is that what matters these days?
To each their own I am not knocking anyone just explaining a few things that to me and others makes sense.
 eduhbuhl
Msg: 357
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2007 10:35:22 AM
"Why are older women not into younger guys"

Apparently you've never heard of Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher.
 Minx
Msg: 358
Posted: 1/7/2007 3:12:43 PM

I think older women like the fact that younger men are seeing them as attractive mature women, it impresses these guys to be given the time of day from someone much older.

Ummm.. no.

When you've been hit on by younger men as much as I have, you see it as 'Riiiiight, so you can tell your friends you screwed a Cheetah?' or 'You think just because we're older we're going to fall for your words? You think it makes it boosts the self-esteem to be hit on by a younger male? Pfffft.. Older and single does not equal desperation... Move along, kid..'
 dreamblade
Msg: 359
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2007 3:58:05 PM
WHen I was 20 years old, I hooked up with a 39 year old. It was a fantastic, mutually satisfying relationship we never regretted.

She was 5', 100lbs, lovely eyes, former ballet dancer, accounts exec. Had her own house, never had a shortage of men to choose from, judging from all the times she'd get approached when we went to clubs. For some reason, she found herself connecting with a College student 19 years her junior. Neither of us were desperate, but we found a lot more common ground than one would expect. And the things I didn't know about, I would happily listen to and learn, and some of the things she missed out on, she delighted in catching up on.

Face it, ladies, think back those 15-25 years back, the giggling, the flirting, the little things you'd do to boys that made no sense (to us, at least). Compare that attitude to what you are now: a confident, strong, experienced woman... now that's attractive.
 cassiejay
Msg: 360
Posted: 1/7/2007 6:33:50 PM
Not all older women are not into youger guys...Between marriages I had a really nice thing going with a much younger man. I was 50 when we met..he was 36. He was a really nice man, divorced, and working hard to keep a relationship with his kids and to support them still, in every way. We saw each other off and on for 7 years, and the best part of it all was the sex. It had to end and it did, gracefully. We were on different rungs of the ladder and when he declared he was in love, it had to end. The age difference was really too much. Those 14 years matter a whole lot more as time goes on. I think that was a once in a lifetime thing for me, obviously. I want to meet someone to share the future with and he needs to be just a little closer to my own age, lol...
 passioniteone
Msg: 361
Posted: 1/10/2007 1:48:51 AM
yes when they like you toooo much end it...
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 362
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2007 4:16:25 AM
^^^ I agree. I thought the whole point of dating younger for women was fun, no pressure to settle down, great sex? Not love and commitment and all that. We can get that from men our age if we really want it.

Then again if the younger man is 37, that explains it. Men over 35 tend to be more serious about that type thing.
 passioniteone
Msg: 363
Posted: 1/10/2007 7:27:21 AM
I am KIDDING I don't date much younger than myself...I find there is nothing mentally in common.....
 TodaysSpecial911
Msg: 364
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2007 8:54:47 AM
Ok here goes...im 54...i've been asked out by guys from lets say 19 to 35 on a continous basis.

I find a vast majority of younger men think they are doing the older woman a favour by asking them out. A lot of them think that older women are needy. So its a sure thing. They dont understand about relationships in general because they havent had enough experience. On countless occasions i have been asked ...but dont you want to be with a guy who can go all night long? My experience has told me that all night long really relates to the point that they think about it all day long and when the night comes they last all the way through until they are finished. Which is about 3 minutes from my recollection on a good day and on a bad day the numbers on the digital clock doesnt change before its over. That constitutes all night long in a lot of cases.

I have a 24 year old son and he has a lot of friends that are over all the time. No i dont see any of them, but i do note their behaviour. I perceive these guys as extended family like sons. I can't relate to them in any other way because i'm a mom.

Most 19 year olds cant afford to buy a 40 for themselves let alone one for the older woman..hahha...ya thats primo for sure.

Wanna go to the art gallery or a museum...forget it..they just did that on a field trip from school.

I am always flattered and appreciative that someone of any age takes the time to read my profile and has the grace to ask me out however i decline of course. I try to explain to them that a younger man for me is like 35. Plus i let them know that Pimp Daddy with the Caddy (my son) probably wouldnt appreciate me bringing home another sibling for him to deal with.

On a serious note...what if..what if you did go out with this 19 year old and your someone like me in they're 50s (and this does not interest me believe me) but you do fall for them and for a few months they are so cute and nice....and then of course they move on. Who wants to put themselves in a totally vulnerable situation of the heart with a frigging 19 year old. It doesnt make sense. Getting dumped by a 19 year old would be the epitomy of embarrassment. Cause we all know that when we are involved with someone who is age related how devastating a divorce or separation can be for some.

If your a mature younger man and you find younger girls are just not there yet...then show your maturity and make it your job to educate them by introducing to them what they might want instead of zeroing on on what you perceive as a sure thing because the line is classic....i like older women because they know what they want....ya right...they just know what they dont want. You may find younger women are not any different than older women.

Younger men like to live out their fantasies...which is what it is.

Just relax about older women and concentrate on age related people that you can share common interests with and enjoy some of the same things and learn new things together instead of having some old sage telling you like it is and probably treating you more like a kid than a significant other.
 shtork
Msg: 365
Posted: 1/10/2007 9:08:15 AM
Haha i was a toyboy once, She was 12 years older than me. I enjoyed it and had a fun time bringing up her son then she left me for someone younger lol. Anyway, we are still freinds and its her computer i'm using now as mine blew up and burnt half my house down. Wish i had insurance lol.
 petlver
Msg: 366
Posted: 1/10/2007 11:06:35 AM
AMEN to that sister!! I totally feel you on this one. I raised 5 - my youngest is 18. I don't need another child to raise. I love being a mother but only to my own. If I wanted another baby, I think I'd get a puppy.
 EaglesCry68
Msg: 367
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2007 12:35:05 PM
I think the thread should be..."Why aren't younger women into older guys?" LOL!

I for one have always been attracted to older women and they, me. I prefer someone within a 6 year range but that's not etched in stone. I have no problem whatsoever relating to older women or anyone for that matter nor they,me.

Older women tend to be a bit more on the serious and appreciative side which is what I am as well.

I DID however learn new ways to be cruel by the last women I was with for she just wanted a toy.
I assume that most men my age would've enjoyed that but unfortunately I take matters of the heart quite seriously.

So I have ascertained that age is NOT commensurate with intention, but values instead.

My preference for "older women" is still there but not as strong, now chemistry and compatability are to the fore.

God Bless
Scott
 atlanta_hot_bbw
Msg: 368
Posted: 1/10/2007 2:00:24 PM
In my experience, younger men are less tainted in their feelings toward women. Maybe it is because they have had less hurts or whatever, but I find them more open and willing in communication than older men. I also find them to be much more optimistic about the potential of a relationship. Older men seem to be more bitter. Now, these are broad generalizations, but they have been overall my experience.

So I have ascertained that age is NOT commensurate with intention, but values instead.

Age does not equal maturity, unfortunately.

Michele
 Freeskier18
Msg: 369
Posted: 1/10/2007 2:07:32 PM
i feel your pain bro. my greatest high school accomplishment was hooking up with a senior when i was a sophmore. keep looking. the dating window for acceptable age gaps gets bigger as you get older
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 370
Posted: 1/10/2007 5:16:21 PM
Like it has been said, there are far more older women who would rather date younger than there are ones who would rather date closer to their age.
Like one said, we old guys are bitter, and have experienced being hurt. For women, experiencing that is ok, and if they want to be bitter that is totally acceptable, but as you can read, most times women never get hurt as they get older, only men do. Is why it is a generalization that men are to blame for everything. Sad but true. Keep looking, I have encountered way more on this site that prefer younger than closer to their age.
 mefein
Msg: 371
Posted: 1/10/2007 5:27:26 PM
rubbish. older women have been doing exactly what the wanted to do and dating younger guys for years. nothing wrong in that but to deny it. open your eyes for gods sake. are we to assume that younger women dont date young guys too. in that case there must be no dating going on. comon. open your eyes. me fein.
 whitedahlia
Msg: 372
Posted: 1/10/2007 5:29:11 PM
Hey Champ,

I am one woman who would rather date closer to her age than a dating a younger man. I can only speak for myself when I say that I'd rather have a LTR with someone who has been walking around the planet (+/- a few years) as long as I have. Having dated older and younger, the younger ones were fun for a fling, the ones my age have a shared history and are able to relate to similar experiences. Sadly, a lot of men (not all) my age are more interested in recapturing their youth by trying to hook up with much younger women. Furthermore, there are just as many young men as older harbouring bitterness over past relationships. Young, old, male female, we all have the same stories to tell.
WD

PS: I do like the fact that there are more men than women on the site. Makes up for the general statistic that we still only earn .70 cents for every male dollar.
 PrettyGrnEyes37
Msg: 373
Posted: 1/10/2007 5:32:28 PM
The longevity of this thread (and subject) is amazing! Do y'all know that this thread was STARTED on 4/13/2005 by a 19 year old Brit nicknamed "Bomber" or "Boomer" or something like that?

My .02...

Age - in some cases - can be irrelevant. Once again, I refer back to the whole idea... "If the only tool you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail." In other words, if you continue to believe that "Older-women-don't-like-younger-men", then PRESTO-PROOFO! you're always gonna find the proof to support that!

Personally, I laugh when a guy in his early to mid-thirties asks me if I date younger guys... I'm 37... at the most I'm 7 years older than him... Even late 20's... still not too young. I will admit to a slight mental block for guys 24 and under... He'd have to be really mature for me to consider dating him...
 ericj20
Msg: 374
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2007 5:35:04 PM
You'll just have to wait until your older, i'm also 19 but i'd rather be with a girl my age then an older one whose afraid of being judged because shes with a younger guy,

they're the ones that are immature...
 cageyfox
Msg: 375
Posted: 1/10/2007 5:58:32 PM
....To answer your question.....An older woman has life experience that a younger man
can"t even begin to understand. The physical part is usually "Super Great!!" but there is quite
a gap that she can only fill for him as a "mother figure"...leavethe banana alone! Him and the "band" put on a "cute" show..........
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are older women not into younger guys???