Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are older women not into younger guys???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 hotfoxy1
Msg: 626
Why are older women not into younger guys???Page 26 of 58    (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58)
I am in my forties, and no way could i ever see myself with a teenager,i would just look at a guy that age as one of my sons friends.Some women like to have a toyboy ,but they have no real experience of life. The youngest i would date is 10 years younger and then only if he has got his children etc,as i wouldn't want any more.
 gypsyjules
Msg: 627
Why are older women not into younger guys???
Posted: 2/4/2007 5:50:14 AM
Not too worry sweetie ,,,I find it quite flattering when a younger man sends me a message ...Yahoo ,,,,, the dancing banana ,,,,well too be honest now that you have burst my image of dancing green men i really thought they were pickles lol .,,,,,
Don't despair young bomber,,,,you have not bombed out ,,,Myself i am 37 now and i still get messages from young hotties as young as 21 and I personally love it ....Age is just a number ,,,,Things happen when you lease expect it ......Go out there and cast your line out there ,,,Trolling away mmmmmm you never know what is nibbling on your line ,,,always worth checking it out ....All the best in your quest ,,,,i believe older woman are the best lol cheers gypsyjules
 freebird22
Msg: 628
Posted: 2/4/2007 6:45:40 AM
Captain Jack, I'm here, Tick-Tock you misunderstood and Champ, you are so lucky to be the age you are. Do not give up. There are so many fantastic women out there that are right around your age that want you and you just don't see it. You will. I don't know what has happened but at 38 there is no need to throw the towel in.

My dear friend who is turning 50 this year is not freeking out. (I did when I hit the 5..0...) but you my friend are only 38, come on ... enjoy life. There is nothing wrong with you. Probably some sh**ty girl dumped on you, get over it and live life to its fullest. Life is too short. Have fun ......
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 629
Posted: 2/4/2007 8:17:54 AM
As I always say, I am a sucker for punishment. I will take a "break" from dating, then some stupid sign gives me a signal to get back in there, I think right on and I feel much better..then bang..reality hits and the same outcome again. Gets really redundant like my posts.
Then I get a younger woman who has a bf start flirting with me, and wanting me to go out with her sometime...I do it, then after that I think is that all I am good for? But should I complain? Then I meet some women my age, they say I am not their type. Rejecting me based on my job, etc, never basing it on who I am as a person to them.
Then I get contacted by women 20 years older than me. But why? How can a guy who is old enough to be one's son, have anything in common with someone that much older. But should beggars be choosers at 38? Maybe dating the 23 yr old who has a bf I should go for. Nothing else better going on for me dating wise, or maybe dating the 58 yr old is what i should do, or sit back, keep getting rejected by women closer to my age and think what gives?
Lots of confusion here for me. Older/Younger/Same Age...not sure what to make of it all.
 Blossom65
Msg: 630
Posted: 2/4/2007 2:27:49 PM
Captain, I dont think you got what I meant!! I didnt say that older guys CANT perform, hell no, I meant that sometimes younger guys who are still living with their parents and going through school and working part time only have a nice hard **** to offer whereas with older guys its the complete package.

As for me personally, Ive never had to be with any guy yet that couldnt perform do to my ugh "Unattractiveness" as you put it!
 tick tock
Msg: 631
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2007 3:10:50 PM
^ wow...classy.
 Janet4now
Msg: 632
Posted: 2/4/2007 3:15:06 PM
Oh Champ... why don't you start your own forum based on the "other" issues you've told me about... there is so much more here than what you're letting on.

Why do you do this?
 Anti*Hero
Msg: 633
Posted: 2/4/2007 3:19:49 PM
and the truth starts to come out???
 JPrincess
Msg: 634
Posted: 2/4/2007 3:22:59 PM
I am looking for a man that is well on his way in his career. A guy that may want to settle down. I can't keep up with someone who is just really starting to party legally. I want to stay in watch movies, go to dinner theater. And i definitely do not want to be the one driving and paying. Also owning your own house is a bonus too since we wouldn't have to always be in my house.
 emmyrn
Msg: 635
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2007 4:54:24 PM
Im about to turn 42, and my passion/hobby/social life is online gaming. As you can imagine, I meet a huge amount of young men who think they want me for some reason...maybe my voice, maybe the idea that I actually like to shoot rockets at them..whatever:) Dont get me wrong, over the years there have been a special few young guys, and I mean under 20, who have DEFINATELY caught my attention. The point Im trying to make is that its extremely important to know what you want from whatever kind of relationship you might find yourself involved in. If you just want fun and games, be honest and go for it. If you want more than a casual no-future kind of thing, then be more discriminatory in who you allow yourself to find interesting.
 bettyboop1979
Msg: 636
Posted: 2/4/2007 8:56:55 PM
well me personally i dont like the younger men either they are not mature enough...older women want older men ..men who know what they want in life who have a strong head on there shoulders..dont get me wrong sum women do like younger men but for boy toys not sayin all but sum women do coz they make them feel more younger,sexy alive, and vibrent...and once there spirits have been brung back up they leave them and move on to an older man coz they want to feel stable again....i suggest just keep looking and one of these days u will find an what u r lookin for
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 637
Posted: 2/4/2007 9:49:36 PM

Oh Champ... why don't you start your own forum based on the "other" issues you've told me about... there is so much more here than what you're letting on.

Why do you do this?

Oh so sorry for not being good enough to post my opinions regardless if they seem to be whining, redundant, stubborn, make no sense. I will make sure then I agree with all things and follow the leader on this topic.
Just because one gets so many dates and probably can date whoever she wants, does not mean a guy can do the same you know. Just some food for thought there.
Women hold all the power in dating, so if they feel younger is better, they will get what they want.
Men on the otherhand, we have to do the chasing, the impressing, the approaching, the acting and we have to accept rejection...
 oceanfront
Msg: 638
Posted: 2/7/2007 7:14:42 AM
We are! Or at least we want to. I guess its just the fact of what people will say and think about it. I also think we, the older woman feels insecure with a younger man - longterm - thinking that in 10 years he will want someone younger or closer to his age.

I thought it was a pickle
 Janet4now
Msg: 639
Posted: 2/7/2007 7:43:13 AM
^^^^ Insecure? So you'd want to be with a younger guy if you weren't afraid he'd dump your ass for a younger model down the road?
 sabh
Msg: 640
Posted: 2/7/2007 7:43:47 AM
I have been out with two younger men,first when I was 42, he was 28, second when when I was 51, he was 36. Both were great fun to be with, and age, neither theirs or mine came into it.
 Scratchmineplease
Msg: 641
Posted: 2/7/2007 7:46:09 AM
Don't worry mate ..when you get to about 22-25 you'll experience an older women ..They seem to do it to boost the ego after being in a long term relationship 19 is a little young for the over 30's .
When I was young I liked older women all young guys seem to ..However do not base it on sex as many older women are not that sexually experienced ,It can be a bit of a myth .
For the moment i'd advise to stay with in about 2 years senior to your own age .Get a few scalps under your belt and leave the oldies alone .
 NaiveandWitty
Msg: 642
Posted: 2/7/2007 9:49:00 AM
INDEED! It benefits you to stay within your own age group....Grow gradually....and as was aforesaid in the upper response......when you are a little older......some experienced and distinguished woman will take a liking to you. But for now....you should enjoy your youth, preserve it!!!
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 643
Posted: 2/7/2007 5:23:09 PM
Uh oh..I am responding again LOL.

Might have a date with a 59 yr old on the weekend. Ya figured what is better going on a date with a 23 yr old and getting called a pervert or go on a date with someone who will be praised?
 The lastresort
Msg: 644
Posted: 2/7/2007 5:32:24 PM
Might have a date with a 59 yr old on the weekend. Ya figured what is better going on a date with a 23 yr old and getting called a pervert or go on a date with someone who will be praised?

Or, she probably felt sorry for ya!
 lilangel77
Msg: 645
Posted: 2/7/2007 5:32:34 PM
In my family we have a theory which is NEVER date anyone unless they are at least half your age plus 7. So each year the age difference gets larger....Strange but true.

Though here I sit at 29 which would mean no men under like 21 - 22, but somehow I can't picture being with someone that young. (Going with society that maturity level is just not there) I have dated a 24 - 25 year old which was hard to swallow in the beginning but soon forgoten and in the end age had alot to do with our differences I think.

I know there are some men (boys) that are more mature then others....so wouldn't totally write someone off unless it made me uncomfortable! Though if looking for a Toy...(which I am not) I wouldn't think much of it! Just my 2 cents

AND NO WE LIKE Dancing BANANA'S
 tick tock
Msg: 646
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2007 12:03:15 AM
I have dated a 24 - 25 year old which was hard to swallow

I'll bet.
 sprite57
Msg: 647
Posted: 2/8/2007 12:52:39 AM
I dated younger guys for years and told myself that when each romance ended it wasnt because of the age gap. Looking back it almost always was.

Ive since had relationships with men my own age and have been much more comfortable in them. I dont worry about my wobbly bits, they know who bands like deep purple are and I dont feel like Im walking about with my son on my arm. The fact that they arent as 'fit looking' as the younger men isnt important to me any more.

Having said that I dont regret any of it!
 wifeymaterial35
Msg: 648
Posted: 2/8/2007 5:23:28 AM
i am not personallly into younger guys but you know what

i get hit up by soooooo many younger guys...

and as i have said before there are immature younger guys and immature older guys...

there is a limitation though i would not date outside a 10 year gap.

wifey
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 649
Posted: 2/8/2007 5:54:59 AM

Or, she probably felt sorry for ya!

Actually you are right!! She said "I guess we should meet, you need a date more than I do"
So true.
 Onaturel
Msg: 650
Posted: 2/8/2007 6:10:03 AM
Maturity has nothing to do with age.

Many of my friends(male and female) are several years younger then me. As much as I adore them, most are living a different life then me. They are single or just starting a marriage. I'm a single mom who was married for 13yrs. Worlds of difference there.

I've dated younger men before, it's more about the connection you have then age. If they are stable in their own rights, job, home, etc, I'm more comfortable with it.

That said I've also dated older men and find they are ( huge generalization coming!!... JMHO >>)more honest, openbetter comminicators, and know what they want out of life/relationship. They can go with the flow of things easier. They don't take everything personally, and dont' want a commitment.... which I'm not ready for.

Younger men and older women esp women in there 30's is a great match, sex drive wise......... least thats been my experience.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are older women not into younger guys???