Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are older women not into younger guys???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TwoToDance
Msg: 826
Why are older women not into younger guys???Page 34 of 58    (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58)
Didn't read this whole thread but I have just one thing to say to the original poster:

Who in your (our) age group still calls girls birds? I've never heard that slang used outside of a movie made in the 70s.
 spurkay
Msg: 827
Why are older women not into younger guys???
Posted: 4/19/2007 2:04:59 PM
wow...this is quite the forum...LOL
I suppose the best question would be why do people date other people? Older men have *dated* younger women for centuries so what's the problem if finally women are giving them a bit of their own back?

Only statement I can make to all this is..."I pay my own way, earn my own keep and date who I damned well want to" young old short tall fat thin...depends if they are fun and intelligent with a great sense of humor.

Have I dated younger men? Yup... Was it fun? Yup...not for the long haul but it was fun... Do I date older men? nope...guess i'm to old for them ...
 TheseEyes...
Msg: 828
Posted: 4/19/2007 2:15:30 PM
I think most older woman feel they would have nothing in common with a younger guy...unless they are looking for a plaything or ego boost...I mean seriously there would definately be no future as there would always be the problems with the age thing...my friends could never gel with yours...
 Jemue
Msg: 829
Posted: 4/19/2007 2:20:12 PM
I find plenty of "older" women positively lovely and the sentiments are returned.

Either way its not age, its maturity.
 TheseEyes...
Msg: 830
Posted: 4/19/2007 5:24:17 PM
So in response to maturity not age... honestly do you really think you would feel comfortable hanging with people who are much older then you....come on get serious I don't think so.....
I know that I would definately feel uncomfortable hanging with people much younger then myself...
 EycePrincess1
Msg: 831
Posted: 4/19/2007 5:27:17 PM
Simply put - women mature at a much quicker rate than men do... I think that becomes less of an issue when a guy is in his mid 30's or so. For example, I don't think at the age of 32 I'd have a problem dating someone who was 29 0r 30. In a few cases, I've met guys who have their act together by then.

For the most part, women have their lives figured out way sooner than a guy does. Most of us want to be with someone who has a path, and is trying to reach their goals. NOT someone who's still "trying to figure it out".

Just my two cents!
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 832
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2007 5:37:13 PM

honestly do you really think you would feel comfortable hanging with people who are much older then you....come on get serious I don't think so.....
I know that I would definately feel uncomfortable hanging with people much younger then myself...

Isn't that the truth? I've often said that someone much older than myself would have NO clue about the things that I like to talk about, remember, have experienced, etc. Likewise, I don't want to date someone who thinks XBox is a good idea for a first date. My bf is 8 years younger ~ BUT, we at least exist in the same time frame. And his experiences are in line with mine as far as world events, music, movies, etc. It just seems to work for us ~ to each their own, but I want someone who "gets" where I've been.
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 833
Posted: 4/19/2007 7:41:56 PM

For the most part, women have their lives figured out way sooner than a guy does. Most of us want to be with someone who has a path, and is trying to reach their goals. NOT someone who's still "trying to figure it out

Such encouraging words...man I am old and I thought 38 was young. Can someone please dig my grave now? I can get the pine box tomorrow.
And they say life is not over after 35 hahaha for me I think this comment just said it all.
 Greekgrl
Msg: 834
Posted: 4/19/2007 10:09:02 PM
Well, I don’t object to dating younger guys (no younger than 8 years my junior)... maybe because I find they have a better sex drive than the older guys.

Now PLEASE GUYS, don’t all come at me at once! No offense, but maybe its just the older men that I have come across. I guess its because I look, feel and act a lot younger than I am. I have had guys in their early twenties offer theirselves...but thats where I draw the line. I did all the teaching I needed to in my twenties... now I just want to enjoy my multiple orgasms...and his!

lmao

P.S. Life REALLY does begin at 35!!! Sexual revolution is here!
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 835
Posted: 4/20/2007 7:37:31 AM
For women life begins at 35, for men life is done and over at 35. LOL...Sex? What is that? If I was to ever have sex with a younger woman I would forever be labelled a pervert..no thanks. I would find it hard to have sex with someone 10+ years older than me...no offers yet...so I think older and younger will only work if the guy is much younger. I agree us older guys, or myself anyhow, suck in bed and are no good. And it wasn't until last last summer I myself had that reality...getting dumped by a 32 yr old because i sucked in bed, now that is the ultimate rejection and wake up call. She is now dating a 24 year old. Smart woman.
 Winstonkid
Msg: 836
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2007 10:03:42 AM
I'm still not sure that there not! Seems to me if I were an older woman which I'm not.....I'd still ask what does this person offer me long term!

What I would like to know is why aren't there more younger women out there attracted to older men...................!

We surely can offer them long term a healthier 401.

Well just a thought ladies.....................
 Kellygrrrl
Msg: 837
Posted: 4/20/2007 10:47:06 AM
The fact that you are asking is proof that you need more time. The reality is that age plays a big part in how two people interact. However there are always women (as are men) that prefer to date younger.
 Kengne
Msg: 838
i am not a cougar!
Posted: 4/20/2007 10:52:17 AM
nor will i ever be a sabre-toothed tiger!

i have a younger brother, and it would make me feel like i'm dating one of his FRIENDS!
yuckkkk.

K.
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 839
i am not a cougar!
Posted: 4/20/2007 2:09:03 PM

What I would like to know is why aren't there more younger women out there attracted to older men...................!

Times have changed and from what I have experienced from knowing women in their 20's, to them a man in his 30's is old, and they think it is disgusting if a woman dates someone much older. I even know a 27 yr old who won't date a guy over 30. She sticks with 18-24 she says, way better guys.
Men in their 30's are more desired by women in their 50's I think. Cuz women 30-50 still want that hot guy in his 20's who is awesome in bed. As they all say, the sex with a younger guys is so much more amazing than with an old guy.
 ny_lady_13601
Msg: 840
Posted: 4/20/2007 2:21:20 PM
Just because you may be interested in someone older, that doesn't mean they're going to feel the same way. Though it does become creepy if you look to date someone old enough to be your mother/father and vice versa, dating someone who's old enough to be your daughter/son.
 haywiresue
Msg: 841
view profile
History
i am not a cougar!
Posted: 4/20/2007 2:22:30 PM
The Champ Is Here - I disagree with your post that women between 30-50 want a hot guy in their 20's - NOT this one! I find most men under 40 dont have it together. Sure they might have better "staying" power than a 50 yr old man, but I prefer what a mateur man has to offer - experience, style, confidence and genuine care for the woman he is with. Not to say that younger men cant or arent that way, just many are not. I have met men 40 - 50 who are more mateur than men 50 - 60, so its a personal opinion and what someone is looking for.

Personally I think its an entire package - not just the sex, but that is soooooooo important as well. I'm not into casual sex, so that might be the difference between me and other women. I also dont want to be in a relationship where either of us could resemble the others parent, sibling or child. That just creeps me out.
 dohnutz
Msg: 842
Posted: 4/20/2007 2:59:23 PM
It's not rocket science, but dont take it personally. Women who are more mature (by ANY measure) are flattered to be asked, but know that you'll be wanting to get them in the sack, probably 'cos you think they'll be grateful. WRONG.
Now, it's fine that you can "go" all night, but they dont want or need that. They want to be treated like a lady by a man who is properly self-confident with himself, i.e. life-experienced.
If they go with a young guy, they risk being referred to as his mother, the possible embarrassment of you seeing them naked and looking shocked, the embarrassment of you not knowing what they really like in the arms of a lover. They want a lover who know's what he's doing, not one that has to be taught/coached and finally, not the indignity of you running off with a younger woman once the novelty has worn off.

Gentlemen, I pass this on from women I've spoken too. In NO way is it meant to suggest I'm insinuating that anyone here would act this way. (M'lud!)
Where's me cocoa and slippers...
 dohnutz
Msg: 843
Posted: 4/20/2007 3:01:44 PM
Bored to tears
Hon, Any lad within 8 years or so is "your age". Girls mature faster than guys. Wait 'til you (and your man) are 30+, it's GREAT :-)
 dinky-di
Msg: 844
i am not a cougar!
Posted: 4/20/2007 3:03:38 PM
I am not approached by men my age or older. Heck I jump for joy when a guy in their late 40s contacts me...which is few and far between.

I get tired of the guys in their mid 30s-early 40s wanting an instant wife deal. Sooo, changed my profile and am now doing my own search. But, the more profiles I read... I might be underestimating the REAL qualities of the 30-40 group and maybe that is wherein my destiny does reside.

I have my own theories that the men in their 30s-40s are ready/able/stable to settle down and the older men are chasing their youth...even to the point of being a 'sugar daddy'.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 845
i am not a cougar!
Posted: 4/20/2007 3:09:24 PM
I am not approached by men my age or older. Heck I jump for joy when a guy in their late 40s contacts me...which is few and far between.

Yep, me too.

the men in their 30s-40s are ready/able/stable to settle down and the older men are chasing their youth...even to the point of being a 'sugar daddy'.

Indeed. However, the older men do seem to find time to send me hate mail.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 846
view profile
History
i am not a cougar!
Posted: 4/20/2007 3:24:51 PM

Men in their 30's are more desired by women in their 50's I think. Cuz women 30-50 still want that hot guy in his 20's who is awesome in bed. As they all say, the sex with a younger guys is so much more amazing than with an old guy.

OH DEAR ME. I am 43. There is NO WAY in hell I'd be caught dead naked in front of someone near my son's age. As for younger men being "awesome" in bed ~ HA~ now that is a hilarious statement. I've known some 30ish men who don't know the difference between the top and bottom of a woman ~ I've also known a couple of men older than myself that simply seemed to have a very firm grasp on what sex is or is not about, depending on the individual woman they are with. It isn't age that dictates someone's sexual maturity, knowledge, skill or preferences. Those traits come from learning about women and not being afraid to experiment, ask questions as well as knowing who they, themselves truly are. Age doesn't determine someone's interest in sex ~ nor does it determine someone's ability to learn how to be a better lover. That all comes with attitude and interest. If someone told me that I suck in bed, I'd be enrolling in every single sex seminar within driving distance and maybe even a few plane flights ~ if it's broken ... fix it.

Life isn't over for men at 35. My bf is 35, and I can safely say ~~ he's definitely NOT going downhill, in any area of his life.
 Oregongrown
Msg: 847
Posted: 4/20/2007 3:24:53 PM
LOLLLLLLLLLLLL!!! Yes, I hat 'dat banana

Well, I am way old(54) so but Im going to give my take on the older woman younger guy thang If I had it to do over again, I would not hesitate to date a guy younger in highschool, or, after graduation. Now, the main reason, and this is hard to admit to God and everyone who reads this, I just feel too old for a younger man and figure that sooner or later he will be looking for someone either his age or younger. That's my problem I know and I really need to quit categorizing men. I mean I do suppose it's possible that I could have a guy 10 years younger that loved me more than anyone ever has and he would not leave when I turned 60, and so on and so on. I mean it doesn't look like Kurt Russell has any plans to leave Goldie, but then again, who knows the rest of that story.

You will find that woman when you least expect it(I say that because everyone tells me the same thing)

denise
 princess too
Msg: 848
Posted: 4/20/2007 3:58:50 PM
Well I think it depends on the individual..... I have dated "mature " young men and immature men my own age? Alot depends on personal life experiences and upbringing. When you are saying that you have asked out older women who said they werent interested , you didnt mention the age difference involved ? What is considered OK age differences varies from person to person? Are we talking 5 yrs or 20 years ? I dated someone who was 17 years younger and we went out for 3 years. We broke up 2 years ago and remain very close friends, talk daily and still hang out . In the last 6 years since my divorce I have dated younger men more, I enjoy the fact that they havent been made bitter by divorce, dont have kids,have lots of energy are generally more positive and seem more willing to try new things. I think that because Im mistaken for BEING alot younger than my age is why I also seem to get asked out more by these guys. Older or younger its ALL in being compatible. Just my 2 cents worth .... lol
 The_Champ_Is_Here
Msg: 849
Posted: 4/20/2007 4:56:52 PM

If someone told me that I suck in bed, I'd be enrolling in every single sex seminar within driving distance and maybe even a few plane flights ~ if it's broken ... fix it.

Life isn't over for men at 35. My bf is 35, and I can safely say ~~ he's definitely NOT going downhill, in any area of his life.

I wouldn't waste my time and money going to sex seminars, what is the point. If it is all about pleasing her then why bother. Sex is supposed be both people enjoying and communicating to one another as well. Communication is where it falls apart. Because alot of people do not bother with this.
And not every guy is going to be a stallion in bed. I know I am not and never will.
Life is not over for you bf because he has someone..YOU...guys who are single still and for a long time and over 35 I think we hope to be in a happy relationship BUT the reality is many of us are undesired but do not want to accept that reality.
 territwo
Msg: 850
Posted: 4/20/2007 6:17:23 PM
Hello everyone. Im probably going to hear about this but i'm 44 years old and i am dating a 26 year old. We have become good friends and we are having fun. I have met a few of his friends and they accept me for me. He has met a few of my family members and they get along good. I'm not saying this is forever but it is for now. Right now is what matters to me. I am happy where i am in life and i want to share my time with this person. Good evening to all.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are older women not into younger guys???