Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are older women not into younger guys???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 regalrose
Msg: 1001
view profile
History
Why are older women not into younger guys???Page 41 of 58    (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58)
Well, I've changed my mind about alot of things, dating younger guys is one of them, but I still don't think I'd date anyone too awfully young.

Very true, I would think, MAPT. Although, couldn't prove it by me during my marriages, lol.

And just what makes ya think they are ALL that way Liquidus?

Dracitamo...26-30 isnt that far from 23 hon...3 to 7 yrs difference isn't much, but take me for example. If I were to date someone your age....whew! I'm 44 so I'm 21 years older than you!!! Big difference.

Sunshine 30...hon, not to disappoint ya, but there are some that are 40+ who STILL don't know how to make love.

Ha, until I came to this site, I'd never even HEARD of the term "cougar" other than in relation to a cat!

I still get mail from guys aged 19 all the way up to 70+, but what I don't understand is why on earth a young guy your age would want an old chick my age? I mean I'm not dead by any means, but hell, let's face it, younger chicks just look better in most cases, and men being visual creatures as they are, looks like that would appeal to you more than stretch marks, varicose veins and sagging boobs....or is it just a case of scoring one for your "guy" resume?

I still haven't read all the posts...too many, but still....I think most of the concerns have been covered by the others.
 tick tock
Msg: 1002
view profile
History
Why are older women not into younger guys???
Posted: 10/15/2007 5:32:19 PM
^ you probably don't want to know the truth as to why they are really interested, nor am I going to waste my time trying to spell it out for you women.
 Indigo rose
Msg: 1003
Posted: 10/15/2007 6:33:30 PM
Because old girls are easy? Damn all this time I thought it was my mad cooking skills and..and...and..Damn Tick your right! When I was young and nubile I sure didn't want to do any old guys..it was an aquired taste for sure...took me years and years to love the old coots my age
 Lyricallady
Msg: 1004
Posted: 10/15/2007 6:55:30 PM
I think it's all a matter of maturity.
However, I just cannot see myself with someone too much younger. It seems like whenever a really young guy hits on me, all I can think about is how he could possibly date my daughter. Feels kinda creepy for me.
Besides, men my age or older are just so darn sexy! Plus, I just love salt & pepper hair!
 SilverSky11
Msg: 1005
Posted: 10/15/2007 7:22:14 PM
Younger guys can be cute, nice and appealing at times.

But they are called Cougar-Snacks for a good reason. Snacks aren't just not filling enough...

Why would I want a Snack when I'm craving a juicy Filet Mignon?
 EC22
Msg: 1006
Posted: 10/16/2007 7:51:22 AM

But they are called Cougar-Snacks for a good reason. Snacks aren't just not filling enough...

Sometimes "cougar snacks" can actually become a "full course cougar meal". I can understand a 40 yr old woman not wanting to date a 21 yr old man. I don' t think that a 40 yr old woman would necessary be more compatible with a 40 yr old man than a man around my age ( 28-34 yrs old, I'm 31 ) just because of age. A man around my age could be good looking, intelligent, mature, successful, have a good job, own a house, share some common interests and personality traits etc with some 40 yr old women. I don' think a 10 yr age difference is a big deal if both people are around 30 yrs old or older.
 SilverSky11
Msg: 1007
Posted: 10/16/2007 1:32:12 PM
EC22 Msg 1011:
Your arguement is very good. You are right it can work out.

But I had a couple of these relationships. Everything was great until eventually the issue of having kids comes along.

At 42, I'm thinking I am pretty much done. At 32, he has lots of time to change his mind (even thought he may think otherwise at the time).

Cheers.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 1008
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2007 1:36:28 PM

Why would I want a Snack when I'm craving a juicy Filet Mignon?

I'll take the snacks. They're just right for me, I am trying to keep my weight down, so I don't eat a lot of filet anyway.

Younger IS nice and appealing, and since I am not marrying anyone off, I say bring it...younger guys are more energetic, more laid back and not trying to settle down in two weeks, have less baggage, are more trainable and don't bring as much drama to me.

VVV - Added: I like younger guys, not guys so young they don't have chest hair yet - let me be clear on that. - VVV
 MsWizard
Msg: 1009
Posted: 10/16/2007 1:37:43 PM
In my case I think I'd just have a little bit of a hard time relating to a male who has more in common with my 18 year old son than he possibly could with me.
 EC22
Msg: 1010
Posted: 10/16/2007 2:59:23 PM

Your arguement is very good. You are right it can work out.

But I had a couple of these relationships. Everything was great until eventually the issue of having kids comes along.

At 42, I'm thinking I am pretty much done. At 32, he has lots of time to change his mind (even thought he may think otherwise at the time).

I understand your point about the issue of having any kids could cause problems, but that could still be an issue if both people are around my age. Hypothetically she could have kids from a previous relationship and not want anymore kids and he doesn't have any kids and wants kids.
 ~Myth~
Msg: 1011
Posted: 10/16/2007 10:56:19 PM
Okay . . . I'm not good with math . . . so I use my oldest son as my guide . . . and he is going to be 30 next month . . . now add 15 to the 30 . . . and that is 45 . . . yeap . . .that sounds about right . . .

Besides . . . I have always been attracted to the "OLDER" look . . . I find "salt & pepper" to be . . . how can I say it . . . Hummmm. . . hummmmmm hummmmmmm!

~Myth~
 Pamperpooch41
Msg: 1012
Posted: 10/16/2007 11:30:19 PM
Why are some younger guys into older women? It's each to their own. Speaking personally, I prefer a slightly older man because I find them more emotionally attractive, that doesn't mean I dislike young men, just don't want to date them.
 lie to me
Msg: 1013
Posted: 10/17/2007 12:06:48 AM
Well, some older women DO like younger men - they like the energy they can bring to a relationship. Some of us DO NOT - nothing against them, but - I don't feel like babysitting, I don't want to wipe the snot from their noses, and I don't want to house-break them. No offense. Just saying..........
 coolestname
Msg: 1014
Posted: 10/17/2007 12:24:12 AM
I'm a man, so obviously I can't speak for women. But after having read 6,000 POF forum posts(lol) I feel I have a decent understanding of the things women need from a relationship. Of those things, most are abilities/traits that are men improve upon over time. I think as men age, they become more stable, grounded, and able to provide the support women need(be that emotional, physical, financial, or spiritual support). Not to mention the fact that as we age, our desires, needs, aspirations, and sources of happiness evolve. This is true for all of us, which is why the greatest compatibility is usually shared by two people of similar age. Sure there can be physical/sexual attraction between two people of any age. But the important thing in a relationship is an emotional connection. Seriously, try not to laugh at the thought of a 40 year old woman who claims she has found her soul mate... and he's 19.

On a personal note, I lived with a woman 5 or 6 years older than me. We got along great, and I had absolutely no issues with the age difference. However, I think it arroused insecurities in her that she wouldn't have had if not for the age difference. She would say things jokingly like "ha... in 10 years you will just trade me in for a younger model." Usually when comments like this are said more than once... they reveal themselves as being serious concerns masked by the joking manner in which they're told. Human nature is such a curious thing.
 12_BUCKS
Msg: 1015
Posted: 10/17/2007 5:16:08 AM
GUYS come on really who wants to date an older women. saggy boobs, lowered libido stretch marks, celulite should i go on?
Its just wrong i like some older women may be 3 years older than me but thats about it.
Its common that relationships have always been that the man is older than the women simply because the chick is
" MATURE"

for the mans age cuz thats when he's also applealing towards the girl. vice versa
Younger guys are just seen as brothers, toys or even entertainment sure women like our energy if you know what I mean.
But when it comes to raising a family or being
financally stable
thats when it comes to women wanting a MAN apparantly.
 Julie3167
Msg: 1016
Posted: 10/20/2007 8:55:14 AM
hummmm .... this subject has set still to long , but I will be back to comment sometime soon. Right now I'm getn ready for the Stratt .... oh yeah...party time with the YOUNGER GUYS ...
couldn't resist ... but I will tell you that I do not generally approach younger men, they ususally ask me out ... its nice but not to much age difference. I mean something about that intro that goes "no this is my boyfriend, my son is slightly OLDER" ... lol...thats just funny, I don't care who u are ~!~
 Ravenmoon1
Msg: 1017
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2007 8:58:53 AM
That is not true. I just got out of a relationship with someone 15 years my junior. I am not even attracted to men my own age or older. I prefer the younger ones as long as they are mature and willing to commit to the relationship.
 southernsue
Msg: 1018
Posted: 10/20/2007 9:45:51 AM
I'm a 48 y/o woman who would like to date younger guys. It's not a $ thing it's not a father hang-up. Its just finding the guy who's really into you. I'm finding that men around my age or older are looking for too many women juggle around. At least that's been my experience of late. I have a friend who has been in a relationship with a man 12 years her junior, he was 27 when they got together now he's 45 and she's now 58. And he still prefers her to women his age. That's a good thing.
 tallblonde111
Msg: 1019
Posted: 10/20/2007 3:35:40 PM
I'm 42 and I prefer younger men. Most men that I'm attracted to are in their 20s and 30s. I generally seem to have the same interests and lifestyle with younger men. Men in this age range are still old enough to be mature, successful, and financially stable. However I still would consider dating a man around my age or a little bit older if we were compatible with each other.
 stevie_velvet
Msg: 1020
Posted: 10/20/2007 4:45:35 PM
This is siucha a great thread for ólder'womne to fish with ýounger'guy profiles!

My Peers & ex-girlfriends tend to be much older than me...coincidently I'm frinds with almost all of my ex-girlfriends, probbaly because, being older they don't get into a strop & value relationshipos being built on friendships

Laslty as every ólder' women knows, the best way to hang on to your yourth, is to chain him to the bed !!
 zangie
Msg: 1021
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2007 5:22:05 PM

GUYS come on really who wants to date an older women. saggy boobs, lowered libido stretch marks, celulite should i go on?

I'll agree that most older women may have all or a combination of the above...EXCEPT..lower libido?..lol...I don't know why you think that, most women over 40 have more libido than they ever did when they were young..I'll make an educated guess , and say maybe 2-3 times more?..rofl

I have dated men who are younger than me, some an insignificant difference, some pretty big gap..I also agree with the poster who said after 30 or so, the age difference isn't that significant..
 SilverSky11
Msg: 1022
Posted: 10/20/2007 5:33:01 PM
msg 1026.

most women over 40 have more libido than they ever did when they were young..I'll make an educated guess , and say maybe 2-3 times more?..rofl

So very true!
~Sex in the twenties was ok...something to do to find boyfriends.
~Sex in the thirties was ok...had to perform for the hubby.
~Sex in the forties....I love it! I want it! I truly enjoy it! I want it all the time.

Enough said.
 The Little Brooker
Msg: 1023
Posted: 10/20/2007 8:59:54 PM
OP
Simple answer - I want to savour a properly cooked steak rather than nibble on a bag of chips. The former has a lasting satisfaction; the latter, simply feeds a temporary craving.
 everliscious
Msg: 1024
Posted: 10/20/2007 9:10:46 PM
Lots of women are into younger guys because they can keep up with them It's not cool if the are just going for the Mrs. Robinson experience. Heck men have done it forever. My last two boyfriends were younger.Most men my age are not cool.
 Sanschele
Msg: 1025
Posted: 10/20/2007 9:14:24 PM
My last long term relationship was with a German 16 years my junior. He was still attending the University in Aachen, Germany and I was living in the States. His maturity level was equivalent to mine at first until he flew to the States a few times and dropped subtle "hints" here and there about hating my country and how Germany was so much more "superior" to us. pfft!!

In the end, his hatred and ignorance of my country was just too much for me to want to continue the relationship any further.

I love my country and I won't tolerate someone belittling the States due to their obvious lack of ignorance and limited media information filtered to them by BBC.

I only date men that are my age, American, hate white milk and have at least 15 cats. haha!

Sans
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are older women not into younger guys???