Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > What does it mean when a man says "you scare me"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cinnamongirl40
Msg: 26
What does it mean when a man says you scare mePage 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
thanks for the insight all!! hmm what to do with the INCO tattoo on my shoulder, guess i will have to add CRVD above it. ouch!! Sudbury saturday night is my favorite (american spelling for the florida guy!) and whats wrong with skead! good times, good times.
 sammylg
Msg: 27
What does it mean when a man says you scare me
Posted: 2/19/2007 2:25:26 PM
I said that once to a lady. But she was psycho-crazy.

I don't know if this falls within the category, but she scared me on our first date, talking about her gun collection and her string of ex-boyfriends she'd like to off....
 **SisterOfNight**
Msg: 28
Posted: 2/19/2007 2:28:29 PM
Did you ask him of what he meant by that? If a guy is too scared to even ask you out then he's not worth your time. People should take more chances in life and stop talking in riddles to one another. You never know of where it can lead you. Life is too short to just sit there waiting. I never understood the mentality of someone thinking someone else is out of their league. I've personally have always made the first move for the most part and there are times I'm glad I did. If you're rejected that's fine and move on. Good luck
 ubkobalt
Msg: 29
Posted: 2/19/2007 2:53:50 PM
Multiple reasons:

She's quite unattractive to me, and scares me.

She's extremely attractive, and there are concerns that she wouldn't be loyal to me. She needs to prove that she's not going anywhere, even if someone "better" comes along.

She seems crazy. Insane. And you would NOT like to be on the receiving end of what she's going to dish out frequently. I know of one that's like that. She's very beautiful, she's really nice to me. But I see how she constantly gets screaming angry with her roommate over little things and gossips constantly. She scares me.
 Freddyjames
Msg: 30
Posted: 2/19/2007 4:03:22 PM
I said it once to a girl, she scared me because I actually found myself REALLY liking her....

It could be a compliment, or it could be because you were threatening him with a knife at the time....

FJ
 regularguy52
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/19/2007 5:10:51 PM
I think it means you scare him? Perhaps he hasn't a lot of self confidence or thinks you might reject him, who knows? The person to ask would be him.
 Rhett1
Msg: 32
Posted: 2/19/2007 6:52:02 PM
I got this one from a guy and he explained that it meant that he didn't think he could keep up with me, in terms of my personality. He saw me as too blunt and straightforward, and he is more shy and reserved. I tried to explain to him that I am shy and reserved, too, until I am comfortable with a person and until then, I tend to be quieter. He just happened to catch me on a "brave" day, where I was more readily able to say what was on my mind. Of course, I am always able to check myself, before I wreck myself...I am usually only REALLY blunt when it's something I am passionate about.
 3PennyProphet
Msg: 33
Posted: 2/19/2007 9:41:42 PM
I'd say it boils down to one of three things.
1. You intimidate him.
2. You scare him in a silly way, like you're too outgoing for him, or talk too much, or are too negative.
3. You are a raving lunatic.

In the case of [] do the following:
1. Say something to the effect of "That's cute. Let's see what we can do about that. If you ask me out, I might say yes."
2. You're probably not a match as it is, but you can probably cojole him into a reassessment.
3. Seek. Professional. Help.
 thirtease
Msg: 34
Posted: 3/6/2007 6:01:18 PM
I said it to the last girl before we started dating because I knew I would fall and be heartbroken in the end. I new the timing was wrong from the start. Anyhow, she was worth the heartache.
 WGL
Msg: 35
Posted: 3/13/2007 7:30:26 PM
Context suggests he means he scares himself with how intense he desires you...
 Sawufirst
Msg: 36
Posted: 3/13/2007 11:05:13 PM
Intimidation? Possibly you are a forceful person, even without knowing? without knowing the circumstances or what was talked about it is hard to say. I know a lot of guys who cannot let their girl control them, and others that like that. And if you are headstrong and willful (spirited) and he isn't used to it.... who knows?
My 2 cents
 Sassybrit
Msg: 37
Posted: 3/13/2007 11:27:26 PM
I LOVE THAT RESPONSE!!! Way cool
 Ron9
Msg: 38
Posted: 3/14/2007 12:38:53 AM
"you scare me"

I said that to a gal well I said "you are scary" and she was. She could have been a "fit".

That don't happen very often. When it does I have to watch out. I sure as hell DON'T want to start getting interested in a gal unless - it has a real chance of getting somewhere.
 justforumsplease
Msg: 39
Posted: 3/14/2007 4:51:07 AM
Sorry if I seem to be spouting variations on a theme, but my experiences with some women who are bold, forceful, and independent have been wonderful experiences. Imagine verbal jousting with someone who gives as good as they get? Imagine someone who will start a "pillow fight to end all pillow fights" that ends in mind-altering sex, all over trying to grab the TV remote?

I'll take a woman with smarts, guts... and the integrity to back them up any day.

My $.02
 pokerjimmy
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2007 6:59:34 AM
Out of his league in my opinion and could feel that way because you make more money then him. Some of guys are intimidated by powerful women.
 ItTookaLongTime
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2007 12:31:00 PM
Maybe he is married/involved and thinks you might tempt him to do something he would not otherwise do.
 Hot Buttered Soul
Msg: 42
Posted: 3/14/2007 2:47:17 PM
Like he finds you 'hard'.. as in personality.
 WGL
Msg: 43
Posted: 3/14/2007 4:18:17 PM
Which response???
 Jetplague
Msg: 44
Posted: 3/14/2007 4:25:58 PM
I would think it means exactly as it sounds....While "you scare me" might be the polite way of saying it...I'm really sure he's thinking "you scare the Sh*t out of me!" He probably is just not fully into you or on the same wavelength when it comes to personalities clicking. His loss...move on. If he scares that easily he's not worth questioning it over.
 orchidtigress
Msg: 45
Posted: 3/14/2007 8:49:37 PM
He's afraid of his feelings or attraction for you since they seem powerful and he does not want to be vunerable nor get hurt. ( Basically he feels more smitten by you than he believe you would be by him)
 onesimpleneed
Msg: 46
Posted: 3/14/2007 10:37:03 PM
You said...

"He actually found out who i was thru a mutual friend and came out to me"

I'll assume you meant came on to me because if he came out to you (in my best Richard Simmons voice) honey he wouldn't be wanting to be with you anyway girlfriend.

If this happened after one date, he is intimidated and used the wrong word. Being scared of a woman would have to involve something on a whole different level.

Scared is like the scene in the restaraunt where Jack Nicholson admits to Helen Hunt that she makes him want to be a better man. Scared is clicking with someone that can know what you are thinking or finish your sentences or saying the same thing you say at exactly the same time all the time.

Scared is okay. Intimidated is okay too if it doesn't turn into jealousy or any of the other ugly things that come with intimidation.
 cinnamongirl40
Msg: 47
Posted: 3/15/2007 5:03:38 PM
to "one simple need" in sunny Florida, thanks not only for your insight but the much need laugh as well.
Take good care everyone and thank you all.
 Xarzy
Msg: 48
Posted: 3/15/2007 5:07:21 PM
In high school it meant you scare me because the fact that I can like you is scary. now a days its more of a you intimidate me type of thing.
 sexy_temptress
Msg: 49
Posted: 3/15/2007 5:11:43 PM
To me, it depends on HIS character :

1) If he is the shy, quiet, gentlemanly type -> Then I would assume that he is speaking honestly and truthfully, in that he is feeling strongly for you, and such feelings " scare him " simply bc he's new to it.

2) If he is the abrasive, extremely assertive,**** type -> Then I would assume that he is speaking honestly and truthfully, in that he really does NOT find you attractive and he finds you " scary "

I guess, it also depends on HOW he said it. You have to see the way his eyes shifted, or the way they stared at you, the way his movements are when he said it, if he looked away when he said it, did he seem sad or whatever.....
 Crane Man
Msg: 50
Posted: 3/15/2007 5:16:21 PM
Cinnamon, if he is afraid of you and won't ask you out, then why would you want him?
He is 40 or close to it, based on your profile I assume, and he hasn't the confidence to ask you out? Time for him to grow up I am afraid.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > What does it mean when a man says "you scare me"