Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What do you make of a man who disappears then reappears?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Blossom65
Msg: 51
What do you make of a man who disappears then reappears? Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Id say that he had something else lined up and it didnt pan out!
 sphinx-fire
Msg: 52
What do you make of a man who disappears then reappears?
Posted: 4/15/2007 1:09:49 PM
... aka ... Houdini ....

Maybe his pants were on fire!

liar-liar

singleguy64
Msg: 53
Posted: 4/15/2007 1:49:33 PM
H) He had to take off for a few weeks on his vacation with the wife and kids to Disney.
 charliebrown49
Msg: 54
Posted: 4/15/2007 1:59:52 PM
Hi
She should ask him-plain and simple. But it doesnt look good. Online dating is like shopping for some. Everyone trying to get the best deal. I have encountered the same prob. If the profile is still online then they may be receiving emails and checking them out. Dissappearing for a few weeks without a call may be that they were dating someone else and yes, they are back to plan b!
c
 texashuney
Msg: 55
Posted: 4/16/2007 6:19:08 PM
There are numerous reasons, he was not that into you.......and found someone better.

You said something to scare him off..or pissed him off .....or he took the slow boat to China!
 000firefighter
Msg: 56
Posted: 4/16/2007 6:32:09 PM
(H) Some men do have a tendency to walk into that bathroom and not come out for weeks...
... Have a nice night everyone...(AKA Tinnie winnie)
 Lindac
Msg: 57
Posted: 4/16/2007 6:39:21 PM
D , cause it happens to me at times also. And they give you all these lame excuses but we are smart enough to know what they are doing Playing the fishy game and when the other woman disappears on them, they come back to us Plain and simple......and then want to pick up where they left off like nothing ever happened.......
 JENNYMAC
Msg: 58
Posted: 4/16/2007 6:59:07 PM
JUST .... B L O C K !!!!!T H E M
dont waste your time on them,,,, keep
 smitten2meetu
Msg: 59
Posted: 4/16/2007 8:38:34 PM
Vanna I will pick the letter A. He's a type of man that goes on road trips for days at a time and when he returns has amenisa...It happens to me all the time...thats what my doctor told me..lol just kidding

I know this person online who continues to return like a revolving door, he's here one day and poof gone the next. It can be hard to get to know someone who uses alot of excuses. I figure many people like to keep arm length, say alot of B.S. and claim to care about you just to build their ego... Its called Needy!!!
 ZoomZoom4U
Msg: 60
Posted: 4/17/2007 5:35:19 AM
He had to come up with a Alibi for his CURRENT Squeeze/Girlfriend/Wife~~That took a Lot of Thought and Time~~~Steve
 northernlass38
Msg: 61
Posted: 5/2/2007 12:19:37 PM
Hard one to figure out really but in my experience i would agree with:-

B) wants a booty call, not had sex for a while so hi how you been i missed you been thinking about you all the time and cant get you out of my head..... blah blah blah!!
D) couldn't find anyone else interested in him so back to plan B again for a while and use you again till someone does show an intrest in him.
E) does not know what he wants

And the other option is he's probally married/in relationship and overlooked to tell you that bit, so when things are going rough at home he needs to be with you for the missing sex and lack of emotional support, so his life at home is more bearable as he has someone who needs and wants him and its not his wife/partner, its his very own little F**k buddy or textas**g. Trust me you get wise and the sweettalk , charm and countless feeble excuses they so often spin quickly disappears n you say ta ta have a nice life!!!!

Some men also can be afraid of getting to close and falling in to deep too soon, but to be honest i would say they would still wanna keep in contact by email or text to be honest as a way of not losing you altogether, if they are really keen on giving a relationship a go.
 Vancer
Msg: 62
Posted: 5/2/2007 12:22:10 PM
I vote a) because as a super spy myself, I know how frustrating it is to fall head over heels with someone and the red phone rings and it's off to some foreign country for more espionage work.
/me sighs and packs his beretta
 justcueit
Msg: 63
Posted: 5/2/2007 12:29:49 PM
H) Rude
I) Arrogant
 This is Now
Msg: 64
Posted: 5/2/2007 12:42:38 PM
I had a quote on my MSN greeting line by someone whose name I have now forgotten. However, it was to the effect that "the best part of marriage is the fights -- the rest merely so-so". Perhaps he's inclined that way too.

Some guys appear to feel more secure if they know that there is a great deal of attention focused on their absence (silence...whatever) even if it's negative attention (anger). I don't think it's ego (RE: "I can't count the number of women who are after me" type of bragging).

I think it's more like a variation of the game of cat and mouse. My cat will scratch at the door 10 times a night to go out. So I let her out. But of what should be 10 times that she scratches at the door to be let in I manage to get her in the house perhaps five. She'll just scratch and take off.

If I'm foolish enough to chase after I wind up running down the road in my pyjamas only to come home empty handed.

Sounds like the same type of dynamic.
 Paprikash!
Msg: 65
Posted: 5/2/2007 12:47:17 PM
I think he's 'fishing' for other fishies in between contacts,
unless he has some actual reason. You should ask him.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 66
Posted: 5/2/2007 12:55:03 PM
Simple really.. the other bird he was workin on fell thru.
 smarticus77
Msg: 67
Posted: 5/2/2007 12:58:36 PM
If someone is interested in another person they don't just up and disappear...ever. Not wanting to talk to you for weeks on end is pretty indicative of them not being interested. Crawling back means just in case sh*t fell through...you might still be an option. Don't waste your time.
 Nemawae
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2007 3:22:04 PM
Can't say from any experience ; being new to online dating and dating in general . Yet I believe any dating site could easily be viewed as a one stop buffet. Also , I've heard of young barely dressed females who prowl for guys then drop them when they don't pan out for money.
Perchance this guy thought he had found the golden pinnacle once again re: the bigger and better next thing and chose to pursue that. Now that the new thing isn't so shiny anymore , he's come back to let you fill his plate again. Methinks he will hang around if you let him ; all the while waiting for a chance to hit the buffet for the gracious next platter he sees.
 JENNYMAC
Msg: 69
Posted: 5/3/2007 2:15:05 PM
PLAYERS.....lots of them on this site..just block them move on to the BIG FISH
 charliemcsd
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2007 2:26:48 PM
Hey Stargate,

What you are experiencing is not limited to guys...seems to be a disease on the particular dating site.

I emphasis with you.
 Carrela
Msg: 71
Posted: 5/3/2007 2:52:08 PM

I think it's more like a variation of the game of cat and mouse. My cat will scratch at the door 10 times a night to go out. So I let her out. But of what should be 10 times that she scratches at the door to be let in I manage to get her in the house perhaps five. She'll just scratch and take off.

If I'm foolish enough to chase after I wind up running down the road in my pyjamas only to come home empty handed.

Sounds like my cat!!!
 schotzimama
Msg: 72
Posted: 5/3/2007 3:14:25 PM
OP, ya know what you can do? Tell him, "hey I understand what it's like, internet dating, being in a virtual candy store, having so many options and not being able to make up your mind. I just want to tell you that I am currently visiting the candy store right now, and if I don't find anything better, maybe I'll ring YOU up, okay?" See what he says to that.
 kropes
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2007 4:16:26 AM

What do you make of a man that goes out with a woman several times, enjoys himself and expresses this, calls frequently then suddenly stops and won’t talk or return a woman’s calls/emails-*POOF*. A few weeks later decides, without explanation, to start emailing and calling again being friendly, wanting to see her, flirting, etc.?

Funny...

that describs almost perfectly the actions of a woman i have been talking to.
 tifi2007
Msg: 74
Posted: 5/4/2007 4:41:58 AM
You can email him back a few times, ask questions, and kinda feel him out to see if he is a player or not.. He may just be shy or timid from being hurt in the past.. You just never know. Always know that you have to trust yourself enough first, then it isn't so hard to trust others.. even when they do you wrong, you'll know it was their problem, and you'll be able to dust yourself off and try again.

Life's about taking risks, and you never know with this guy, until you find out.. He could be a great guy whos just scared.. or he could be a bad guy, but either way, it will be your decision in the end, and that should you feel better knowing that...

Best wishes! Remember to always listen to your intuition too, it will help you along the way!
 exuberant1
Msg: 75
Posted: 5/4/2007 4:55:09 AM
Could be good; could be very bad; proceed with caution
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What do you make of a man who disappears then reappears?