Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Long Profiles. Like to read em or not? Is yours a long one?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CharminC
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Long Profiles. Like to read em or not? Is yours a long one?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Does not matter if it's long or short.. what matters is if it's a good read.

^^
this

some are kinda like reading interesting magazine articles imo
 JCinVicBC
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Long Profiles. Like to read em or not? Is yours a long one?
Posted: 11/7/2011 4:37:58 AM

In this world of advanced technology, where you can pretty much get anything you want in a split second, long is antiquated.

I think people with LONGGGGGGG profiles risk looking a lot of views. Whether that's a good thing or not remains to be seen.

I definitely see both good and bad points here. I think it would filter out the people who aren't really interested in getting to know me, those just looking for a hookup. It also makes it easy to tell if someone has contacted me without actually reading my profile, so it makes it easier to avoid scammers. But by the same token, it might eliminate someone who would find me interesting but is in too much of a rush, or too lazy, to scroll through it.

Mine is categorized, so it should be an easy read. It's not even necessary to read through it all, just scan through quickly and find the bits that are relevant.

I'm with the majority. I like a profile that is entertaining and keeps my attention. If I look at a profile and have to scroll, and scroll, and SCROLL down to the end, I don't even bother with it. There's got to be some mystery (not axe murderer/sex offender mystery)

Don't think mine's all that entertaining--I originally had it all in paragraphs, but I had to condense it into mostly point form because it was too long (it kept getting cut off at the bottom). But it just gives a few major points about my interests and stuff, the stuff that matters to me in a relationship, or that I think is important for my partner to know, that will help people know whether there's any chance of it working between us (if she's a rabid hockey/football/baseball/UFC/wrestling fan, for example, it ain't gonna work). There's far more to me than what my profile says, so there's plenty of mystery left (but no axe murderer mystery, I can assure you).

I think my profile is an appropriate length, but then, I don't know if anyone has even read it so who knows if my way is right either? :)

I'd call yours pretty short--yet it still gives a decent amount of detail. I gave more detail in mine, because common interests and values are important to me in a relationship.
 Euroalex
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Long Profiles. Like to read em or not? Is yours a long one?
Posted: 11/7/2011 6:01:41 AM
most people tend to forget that a person is nt a profile.

somebody could write a great profile, still not so great in real life....

for example a man who thought 2-3 hours long about it, edited it to "perfection" etc.
while in real life, maybe he cannot hold a good conversation....

or a woman, that has sexy pics....super attractive.....but in real life you get bored with her after 3 minutes....
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Long Profiles. Like to read em or not? Is yours a long one?