Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Ever had the feeling you are being lied to? were you right?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ploppie
Msg: 101
Ever had the feeling you are being lied to? were you right?Page 5 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
yes i was lied to for 5 months by a guy in bristol,it really does take it out of u when u find out thatr the person ahs been lyin all the time,my gut feelings told me he wasnt been honest but it took a while to find out for myself that i was been used,
 Funniegurl
Msg: 102
Ever had the feeling you are being lied to? were you right?
Posted: 5/6/2007 10:02:03 AM
I don't ignore that feeling of being lied to anymore...I've been right 99.999% of the time. What baffles me is the work it goes into lying. Generally the liar can't keep up with the lies, they will generall expose themselves in time.

IHAVEAMIND
Msg: 103
Posted: 5/6/2007 11:05:10 AM
Thankyou everyone...
Its great to read these and confirm ones thoughts...
I just wish one had proof of ones hunches... and not just feelings...
 Lfsabch
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2007 7:08:41 PM
ya totally and i was right in every aspect, stupid cheatin girlfriend
 corgi 1
Msg: 105
Posted: 5/7/2007 7:47:14 PM
way back to savanna ...... hon, don't wait til your any set age to think or feel any certain way, thats not good advice. use your own experience and good common sense

in my first post, i said i always know when i'm being lied too. i don't think thats quite right now that i can drink about it .... always is alot too conclusive at times s/b
 TigerBlackHawk
Msg: 106
Posted: 5/7/2007 9:06:09 PM
Yes I had this feeling once.
My Ex mentioned spending the weekend at her Sgt's house. He was out of town.
Months later she gets this letter from him, I watched her face expression and the way she shredded the letter and tossed it.
Something was not right.
Gut feeling, something was going on between those two.

I wasn't so sure what to think, but I did something I would not normally do. I took out the letter and taped it back together. Read it too. Hey it was my wife, I felt I should had a right to know what this man wrote to her that she didn't want me to know about.

Gut feeling when I read the letter, "She had been sleeping with him."
So I confronted her about it, showed her the letter. Asked her to explain the comments. So she told me another great lie.

Seems he was posed to be gone, but had walked in on her. She was asleep on the bed wearing nothing but her panties. He raped her.

Gut feeling.... She didn't seemed like a woman who had been raped. I had known a few friends who was once raped and the way they told their stories didn't seem to be like my Ex was telling her story. Not to mention I heard another fake rape story once before.

But she was my wife, so I didn't question her or call her a liar.

Four years later I finally catch her cheating on me red handed. She ends up confessing that the Sgt she claimed raped her years before was a lie, that she had actually slept with him.

Gut feeling, she spoke a truth, she really was having sex with the man.

Then the next lie. "Was the Sgt and your current lover the only two?" Her answer, yes.

Gut feeling.... something in her eyes told me there were others.

Another two years later she finally confesses that she had a 1 night stand with my Best Friend way back in 88. Something like 9 years earlier.

Gut feeling???? Screw gut feelings I called my Best friend and asked him point blank. He confessed that the One Night Stand lasted an entire Year.

Folks, those Gut feelings are not to be ignored.
 shirizzle
Msg: 107
Posted: 5/7/2007 9:13:48 PM
Ok really short story.

Yes, I've felt that way... Today= the most recent, and I'm sad to say it was on pof. I felt I recieved a message that was loaded with sarcasm regarding my appearance...

As I'm sure many women on this website do, I recieved the typical "you're hot"/"you're a babe" message, but this one just seemed loaded heavily... and I almost felt attacked. I feel like its either someone just being a jerk or me just being paranoid, and I hate being in limbo and defensive about something that is really just trivial, but even if it was "sincere", are men really thinking that solely complimenting a woman's appearance (and doing so crassly) is going to get them somewhere?

My gut reaction is: Defend!
Right or Wrong: ?
 hockeygal07
Msg: 108
Posted: 5/7/2007 9:52:26 PM
YES!!!! Many, many times. Even when he would look me straight in the eye and lie without flinching I KNEW something was wrong. And I was right.

Always go with your gut! I need to make a point of listening to mine more often and sooner in the future.
 trishadish
Msg: 109
Posted: 5/7/2007 9:57:38 PM
Yes i was lied to, and he is the one who is ANGRY at me cuz the relationship could not last?survive his last lie of HOOKING UP ONLINE FOR NO NAME SEX, he is in door co.......however he reads everything i write so yea, it sux to be involved with a liar....

Sometimes I think those people believe their own lies.......
 corgi 1
Msg: 110
Posted: 5/8/2007 8:32:43 PM
lies lies ... your tellin' me that you'll be true. lies lies , thats all i ever get from you. tears tears, i shed a million tears for you .... lies, you know your breakin' my heart ..... baby baby , your breakin' my heart lmao ! we'll get over it
 soundchaser1962
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2007 12:04:48 AM
I believe in my heart AND with evidence that our "gut feelings" are right. Our minds often will try to argue with our gut feelings. We want to believe our relationship is fine. But our gut feelings are almost always right. I think of the song "I Can See For Miles" by The Who. After being in an 11 year marriage with a liar, I can see for miles as well.
 corgi 1
Msg: 112
Posted: 5/10/2007 8:03:34 PM
^^^^^ cool song my friend !! i also agree and have felt, as you. its funny , cos the lying in my case wasn't about another man. ask me if i give f ? lying ..... just means two are living that lie. a good relationship has enough trials and tribulations on its own. lying won't be part of my love equasion .... its that simple.
 *CLICK*
Msg: 113
Posted: 5/10/2007 9:40:35 PM
I was so naieve when i started on this site, thinking all people were forthright, hoinest and sincere. Now, what I think this site is for most people is an ego boost. They get online, become the perfect guy/gal tell ya all the things they think it is you want to hear.. BUT,, they are likely saying the same things to the other women/men they are talking to as well.. If it seems to good to be true it probably is. I still want to believe there are some people on this site looking for a genuine connection but honestly I have had more of these type of experiences ( lied to).
Actually not entirely true, the fellas I'm interested in all seem to be the player type so thats my fault. I did try to change it up a bit but that didnt work either. Just remember if your gut is saying it doesnt add up then it DOESN'T ADD UP... If he/she can't won't give you a number, doesnt follow through with things said, makes excuses regularly then you are liekly being lied to ....Just my 2 cents worth..
Happy
 JustReal47
Msg: 114
Posted: 5/22/2007 6:08:31 PM
I was in a relationship with a girl for 3 months. She was married for a month and decided it wasn't right. She told me they were selling the house and separating. However I could never get a straight answer out of her about what she was doing with her life. I told her I wanted a relationship and she moved into a new house with her husband without telling me.

If you feel like something is not right, confront the person. If they can't give you a straight answer, save yourself the heartache. Say goodbye and find someone that respects you enough to be honest.
 Jillian2006
Msg: 115
Posted: 5/22/2007 6:10:02 PM
I cannot state how many times I did not follow my gut and regretted it. Intuition is everything.
 tmotts
Msg: 116
Posted: 5/22/2007 6:21:52 PM
Unfortunately, my gut feelings have always been right.......there have been times where I was forced to draw my own conclusions and because of this my imagination sometimes ran wild. But ,I must say my intuition has never been that far off. Sometimes I think its a curse, I usually always know when I am being lied to.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2007 6:27:12 PM
Oh my. Let's see ~ I got the "feeling" ~ and within about 2 days it was not only proven I was being lied to, I was dead on right about what the lies were. Unfortunately, it happens, and it seems to happening more and more often (at least in my life.) Sigh.
 kb_baby_again
Msg: 118
Posted: 5/29/2007 6:57:32 AM
I have to laff about this one even tho its not a funny situation at all. (but i tend to laff the puzzled things in life off...beats beating ur head)
This is a common feeling for me. Too common, as it usually turns out, Im bang on. I acknowledge the feelings I get but I guess im some situations put it to the side in the hopes that Im wrong. In some aspects its kinda a curse as U just know what the ending will b but at the sametime struggle with some hope that what ur gut is telling u can b wrong this one time. I try to have faith, (ignore the warning signs) , but its getting old knowing what the outscome will b before they even happen (which usually isnt good for me! ). But I have a glimmer in my eye still, I have to beleive that there are still some good people out there that can b trusted. (heres hoping)
The lying thing doesnt make sense to me at all anyways. Like really.....if one lies or lives a lie, sooner or later it will come out and taunt ya, so why lie in the first place??!!!?? It just wastes everyones time! My policy is that im open and honest, why cant everyone else b??!!
 Christopher0914
Msg: 119
Posted: 5/29/2007 8:19:26 AM
Short story:

Yes, I thought I was being lied to: red flags included that she wouldn't tell me her last name or where precisely she lived.

Yes, I was right: 10 years older than advertised (not that I cared), married (THAT'S a problem), and possibly 6 kids (whoops).

Go with your gut. If it feels dodgy or sketchy, it probably is.
 lindy_3333
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2007 8:33:35 AM
We have instincts for a reason. Follow them!! I ALWAYS regret it when I DON'T follow mine. You don't need my stories. It wouldn' t matter. I have learned from my own experiences to trust ME. You should do the same. If you have that feeling of doubt then you need to ask the other person for more information. Find out what is what for how you are feeling. You don't necessarily have to jump ship with someone, because sometimes you just need more information to make a good decision on something. You might just have a missing piece and with that piece in place, you will get things more clearly. Just proceed with caution until you do know.

Linda
 destiny1949
Msg: 121
Posted: 5/29/2007 9:32:46 AM
Im making an appointment for a physical very soon, Im sure there is a magnet inside of me, that is drawing all the losers and liars. If an operation is possible to remove this magnet, then I might consider staying on POF, if not Im outa here, after a year in this swamp I havent met an honest man yet.
 Number456
Msg: 122
Posted: 5/31/2007 5:12:54 PM
Our gut instincts are powerful indeed but even people who train their intuition daily aren't always 100% correct. I have had times when I thought someone was lying to me but I learnt the best way to handle such a situation is to be patient and keep giving the person the benefit of the doubt until it warrants otherwise.
 Brandie46
Msg: 123
Posted: 5/31/2007 6:04:21 PM
Yes and I am usually right 99% of the time. Sometimes the liar is so good at telling lies that you begin to doubt yourself and give them the benefit of the doubt. But what I've learned is to trust my gut instincts and I've also discovered is that if you keep telling the truth eventually the liar disappears from your life.

Brandie46
 Allritenow
Msg: 124
Posted: 5/31/2007 6:11:15 PM
Its strange because I know a guy that was on here and he lied about 60% of the stuff in his profile. But it was written in a way that seemed honest & sincere. Had I not personally known him I would've had no reason to think he wasn't honest. He's not the only guy I know personally that has an ad that is not true. You have to meet people in person and then there's still no guarantee.
 lfrs
Msg: 125
Posted: 5/31/2007 6:58:45 PM
Yes, and Yes.......
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Ever had the feeling you are being lied to? were you right?