Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Plastic surgery - How far is too far?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 deagleninja
Msg: 26
Plastic surgery - How far is too far?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

How much is too much though?

DDD

Jk, my thoughts on plastic surgery are rather simple....
If you are having surgery to fix something you've lost, go for it.
If you are doing it to be something besides yourself, get some counceling first to make sure you aren't doing it for the wrong reasons.
 coca2
Msg: 27
Plastic surgery - How far is too far?
Posted: 4/1/2007 12:14:49 PM
^^^^^ soo true!! I had work done on my face and when the time comes I'll do it again. I did it for me and noone else.
 Leana76
Msg: 28
Posted: 4/3/2007 9:36:40 AM
I'm with nipoleon on this one:

To be honest, they aren't quick fixes. You'll be black and blue for more than 2 or 3 weeks (almost a damn month) and you'll be sore for a long time.

Plastic surgery isn't permanent either. I had a friend who had a "boob job" (3 years ago) and now she has to get them replaced, because they deflated on her like a damn tire!!! Who needs that shit!!! Not me. I'm happy being a size 38B and they perky, round, and nice. Why would you want to make them bigger??!! You'll have to wear "grandma size" bikini tops, shirts, and bras...

Now for accidents and masectomies, plastic surgery is fine for those things. But just to make yourself prettier (and you're just fine), it's nonsense...
 badbadgirl
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/3/2007 10:35:07 AM
i don't see nothing wrong with it as long it's not an obsession and wanting to change everything.like those reality shows(Swan)where you can't even recognize the person after...if they want to do it i won't judge them though,it's their bodies.

i'm saving $ for a nose job.a few people tried to convince me not to do it.but my mind is made.
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 30
Posted: 4/3/2007 12:20:41 PM
I read online that Tom Jones' face will collapse if he has any more procedures. Didn't Michael Jacksons's nose fall off?
But Sophia Loren and Raquel Welch look amazing.
I am not into judging anybody, unless they are doing things that are hurting others.
 Leana76
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/3/2007 3:40:08 PM
I'm not judging anyone. But I knew about 3 women who I had lost as friends, because they got their boobs done. They just weren't friendly anymore. They used to be real sweet and nice (1 is a bartender), but now they act like "****es". Some people are mean and self-centered after getting that stuff done. Just my 2 cents in.
 chinua
Msg: 32
Posted: 4/3/2007 7:46:16 PM
At a karate tournament a few years ago; I saw a girl(her boyfriend was competing) who obviously had implants done- she looked like a cartoon- she kept strutting back and forth in front of the bleachers, wearing a low cut top; until she realised that the attention she was getting wasn't what she expected.............laughter........she then put a sweater on........
Anybody who thinks that extreme surgery will fix all of their problems, obviously hasn't heard of Anna Nicole Smith.
 dawn1114
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2007 8:08:58 PM
I'm trying hard not to judge, because I guess it can be beneficial to certain people even if it's only for cosmetic reasons. But honestly, I only know two people (that I know of) who've had anything done. One, a male friend who had a nose job, looks nice. I only saw pictures of his original nose, and that looked nice, too. Shrug. The other was an older woman who had her eyes and chin done. Looked a bit creepy right from the get-go, in my opinion, and two years later she's got the same wrinkles and sagging, plus a few scars.

I'll just let my face do its thing. Heck, I'm waffling about getting highlights put in my hair for the first time in my life, and that will grow out if I hate it. Can't imagine changing my face or body.
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 34
Posted: 4/4/2007 8:17:22 AM
Leana, and everyone else,
Perhaps this is TMI. But it will be blunt and honsest, which is my way.
I got saline implants several years ago. I have always been self-concious of my boobs. They pretty much grew out of nowhere, and so fast that I had stretchmarks. They always drooped or had a "natural sag" that always made me feel like a mutant.
If one gets a breast lift, they actually have to relocate the nipple, versus an augmentation.
I took a photo into the doctor of the "look" I wanted to achieve, and darnit, he duplicated her boobs on my body, even though I am 5-04 and she was statuesque.
When I got home, I literally cried, for days.
I used to be able to order any garment from any clothing catalogue and it would fit.
I was a full C cup and now I am a DD.
One of my friends confessed to me that she thought me having the surgery would put me over the top (pun not intended). Instead, I am actually more demure.
Life has also influenced that aspect too. Since the surgery, I have become involved in crritter rescue, and there is just something about that willingness to save a soul that is very humbling, when it involves getting grungy and risking bodily harm.. Also, I work in a male dominated field, and there are things I have to do that are very much guy things, while I am still woman. Plus, I am an Idiot! Heck, I got tasered to see what it felt like and by that I am now more respected?
When I was at training, a guy I work with and I got paired together, for baton training. I told him to watch the boobs because they were expensive! All of the guys in the vicinity laughed.
I don't take my boobs too seriously.
Maybe I am the exception and should just go bury myself in a hole?
 Leana76
Msg: 35
Posted: 4/4/2007 8:56:38 AM
I don't know. It's just everyone I meet, that had a boob job, is mean to me. I guess they are trying to compete or something. I don't give a shit, honey. At least mine are perky and I don't have to shop in the "grandma" section of a store for a bra or bikini top...Whatever....
 Celtic_Pride
Msg: 36
Posted: 4/4/2007 9:12:59 AM
How far is too far? When you have to reach around to the back of your neck to wipe your nose, you have gone too far.
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 37
Posted: 4/4/2007 2:08:24 PM
Leana76,
I am not really mean to anybody, though I can be a bit opinionated.
I have met women with enormous implants that insist they are natural.
I joke with the guys and ask if you punctured one of them would it start to flow like in the cartoons.
If I were younger, perhaps I might have been another Anna Nicole, but with a college education.
I am not twenty, however, and am vastly misunderstood.
I am completely not opposed to plastic surgery in moderation.
People that stopped being your friends and started being evil after plastic surgery were never real friends to begin with. Don't blame the surgery. Surgery doesn't change character.
 *FoxyMoron*
Msg: 38
Posted: 4/4/2007 3:10:49 PM

I don't know. It's just everyone I meet, that had a boob job, is mean to me. I guess they are trying to compete or something. I don't give a shit, honey. At least mine are perky and I don't have to shop in the "grandma" section of a store for a bra or bikini top...Whatever....

That was very mean spirited, if you cannot take part in a discussion without catiness, maybe you shouldnt comment at all... Did no one ever teach you the old saying "If you cant say anything nice then dont say anything at all?"

I must add my 2 pence worth in here..... Saggy breasts have actually nothing to do with size... I am a natural 38F and i can tell you something, mine are very perky thankyou.
It is all in the genetic make up. I also dont shop in the grandma section of anywhere for my undies
 chinua
Msg: 39
Posted: 4/4/2007 7:10:50 PM
I don't think Sophia Loren had surgery; anybody ever seen her mom?? talk about genetics!
My grandma was a 38d; and she was only 5'2", and had big dents in her shoulders from her bra straps. I'm so glad I didn't inherit that- the sports I've done (like speedskating) would have been a problem.
I think its bad when teen girls have surgery; whether it's implants or nose jobs. I saw a TV show on it; rich dad's buying their daughter's new boobs to 'make them feel better' WTF???? why do they feel bad about themselves in the first place???
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 40
Posted: 1/18/2012 2:57:31 PM
When the eyes look too pulled, the lips too poofy, the face is so numbed & expressionless, it is not so pretty...when there are huge tatas but no heinie or meat on the bones makes it questionable whether it's real or silicone...I used to work for surgeons years ago in NYC & can spot a blepheroplasty a mile away :wink:

most are overdone...
 vnufall
Msg: 41
Posted: 1/18/2012 7:22:53 PM
i think in my opinion the woman who has had like hundreds of plastic surgeries to look like "Barbie" has gone too far......and she is serious about it.....lol.
 What_He_Said
Msg: 42
Posted: 1/19/2012 11:59:43 AM
OP;
You are in the field so it seems to me that you should have a general idea of the actual procedures as well as the potential outcomes. Not to mention the risks associated.

You also made note of the distinction between reconstructive work and cosmetic work. So that is a good thing.

By and large, this is an area of discussion that you should discuss with the surgeon actually doing the procedure. I would stress the actual person doing the procedure. Potential outcomes, potential risks etc. Not to mention the insurance (if covered) aspect. As to the potential for surgical addiction, this should also be addressed before the procedure(s).

You seem like a smart gal, so do what you deem best.

Best of luck.
 Paul K
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2012 12:57:03 PM
Example:

The latest itteration of Dolly Parton................ That is way too much. Her poor face looks awful.

Paul K
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/19/2012 1:54:18 PM
If it's to correct damage, burns, what have you, I'm all for it.

If it's strictly for vanity, I'm agin it. I'm not a fan of plastic boobage either. Never seen a good one.
 Munkeechi
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2012 1:55:33 PM
When you're most plastic than human.. you've gone too far.
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/19/2012 3:30:54 PM
^^
when your backside is labled, "Do not expose to high heat or open flame", you've gone too far.
 yoga jan
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2012 10:23:41 PM
There is a whole lot of dishonesty here on this topic. I have been in the plastic surgery business for many years and people are having procedures every day all over the world. If it is something you want to do for all of the right reasons and have realistic expectations, go for it. If you like being natural, fine--just don't criticize people who make other choices.

Clearly, the most important part of the decision is the selection of a surgeon. Make sure you get a board certified PLASTIC (not cosmetic) surgeon. One who has had a residency and post-graduate fellowships in the field. Also, forget the shortcuts and those who excessively advertize--the really good ones don't need to run tv ads.
 lotustemple
Msg: 48
Posted: 1/20/2012 11:50:53 AM
The social stigma against cosmetic surgery is pathetic in my opinion. As the above poster mentioned, its very popular. People get little procedures all the time and no one knows...others simply notice how good and well rested they appear. Studies have shown that having work done can signficantly boost someones self-esteem and happiness level.

Anyone who has a problem with that is simply jealous of the courage and new found happiness in my opinion.
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 49
Posted: 1/20/2012 1:43:50 PM
a moderate amount by a good surgeon is great, but when it goes to make u look like a pulled piece of plastic, it's gone too far IMO
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 50
Posted: 1/20/2012 1:57:31 PM

How much is too much though?

There is no amount that is too much, as it is up to that person to decide.

If they want to get everything done, then I say have at it, their body not mine, so what do I care.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Plastic surgery - How far is too far?