Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Being called the WRONG name by your boy/girlfriend      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lookin4ulookin4me
Msg: 51
Being called the WRONG name by your boy/girlfriendPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I dated a guy for about 4 months and he called me dianne a few two many times... yes my name does start with D but it is not dianne.... so when i broke it off with him.............. told him to go find Dianne and have a great life..........
 *Babydoll272*
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Being called the WRONG name by your boy/girlfriend
Posted: 4/1/2007 7:21:02 AM
@sadora1
That is toooooooo funny!! You have been cursed with the same sounding names. ...but in your case, it's understandable.
 terminallycute
Msg: 53
Posted: 4/1/2007 7:24:04 AM
if we all just called each other....."BOO BOO KITTY FU*K TOY"

it would make life so much easier!!
 littlemissb!tch
Msg: 54
Posted: 4/1/2007 8:31:57 AM
yeah i've had my bf's call me by either another girls name or one of their ex's, i've also called my past bf's by another ex's or just someone elses name, i dont think its always a bad thing , i mean no ones perfect....... but i would take offence if we were being intimate and i got called by the wrong name ...
 .Marc
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2007 8:41:12 AM
I think I could forgive a slip up.... as long as it occurred OUTSIDE the bedroom.
 ddream
Msg: 56
Posted: 4/1/2007 8:54:22 AM
LOL.. Well it's a bad thing to say the wrong name with your boyfriend/girlfriend. The moment she called me anything different then my real name, i'd say the relationship is over, unless she has a very very very very good explanation. But I can't imagine there is.
 Nick Thinker
Msg: 57
Posted: 4/1/2007 9:05:32 AM
What's in a name? People are not defined by their names. I do not care by what name a GF calls me: Hey You, Nick, Rick,**** Nikos, Victor, Alexander, Pericles, Achilles, Jack, Hulk, Clark, Max, Peter or Brad, as long as she is aware that it is me whom she is calling and not another one.
I usually call a GF Angelina (means sweet angel)!
 johnglc
Msg: 58
Posted: 4/1/2007 9:40:29 AM
Sometimes it can slip,but if you forget your girlfriends name altogether,I think there's some explaining to do.......lol.
 TwoToDance
Msg: 59
Posted: 4/1/2007 10:12:00 AM
Well, never had the mistake done to me or done it to a girlfriend, but I mess up my roommates' all the time on accident.

Oh, and I once called my ex's dog by the name of another ex's dog, but they were the exact same breed and neither had been a particularly serious relationship (had only met one of the dogs anyway). My ex got pretty pissed though.
 rwethr3
Msg: 60
Posted: 4/1/2007 10:19:50 AM
No excuse at all could make that ok; my best guy friend calls all his gf's baby so he can't call them by the wrong name by accident.
 lookin4ulookin4me
Msg: 61
Posted: 4/1/2007 12:31:24 PM
its sad to know the one you thought loved you can look you in the eye and call you by another womans name...............
 sweetlips167
Msg: 62
Posted: 4/1/2007 1:43:44 PM
That is why i call everyone hun or sweetie lol.. no chance in it then,... on a more serious note.. i am sure there are people who do that out of habit.. as i am sure there are some who probably do it.. because there either thinking of someone else and not over them... it is certainly a slap in the face.. so i suppose it depends... on how secure one is in the relationship. .. and how they want to handle it... i have 3 boys.. and sometimes i know they get mad when i call them by each other names.. i no not the same thing.. no one wants to be with someone who is calling them by there ex's name.. but sometimes.. even when starting a new relationship.. there is still feelings for that person.. its the meeting someone special that helps us to get over the ex and on with it... so i would let it slide.. but also let the person no.. this is not something your comfortable with... and hope it does not continue to happen
 Refreshed5
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2007 1:49:39 PM
I almost did it a few times, Both started with M, Would have been h*ll to pay if I had.
 Nienna Telrunya
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2007 2:13:51 PM
Its happened to me yes. And an ex used to 'compare' me to his ex wife!

my answer to that was, "if she's so darn perfect, why not go back to her."
 sunshyne1977
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2007 4:14:32 PM
i would be seriously upset,my ex used to call me by the roommates name. i call most of my guys babe or baby,but i know his name. always make sure not to say baby during that time,and get the name right! (hard if your fantasizing about a different one..lol)
 Little Miss 51
Msg: 66
Posted: 4/1/2007 7:32:49 PM
It has never happened to me. I have always gotten the name right. I can't imagine what would happen if I would have said the wrong name. Forgive and forget.
 MyTwoCents
Msg: 67
Posted: 4/1/2007 9:50:55 PM
I agree with the pet name thing..I usually call them Hun..I even get so used to calling the person I'm with most of the time Hun that I will call my mom that when I visit her and then feel a little weird about it. She doesn't seem to notice. I had a guy I had been dating for a month or so call me the wrong name before (both our names start with a K) I didn't get too P.O. ed about it, the roses he bought me helped!
 delectableone
Msg: 68
Posted: 4/1/2007 10:05:31 PM
Never happened to me yet. But I am prepared:
My plan - ---- to use it as a 'get outta jail free card'
It would work something like this:
"yeah, it was me that threw out your favourite pair of ratty boxer shorts...BUT....remember when you called me by some other girls name?
 kasylrehtaeh
Msg: 69
Posted: 4/8/2007 5:01:22 PM
I have done this 3 times in the past 7 years, accidentally said my wife's name in a moment of passion. 1st time my lady (who was a widow) understood and said it was all right! 2nd time, again it was okay and she didn't have any ill feelings about it but made it a point to call me her hubby's name sometimes to see if I was listening to her! 3rd time she said that she took it as a compliment because when I said my wife's name at that most precious moment she knew it was another flub but took it as I loved her as much as I did my wonderful wife of 31 years before her passing... I have pet names for the lady's that I date now and it works out fine because I am monogamous when I date and don't talk about so and so either..
 Sallybabe
Msg: 70
Posted: 4/8/2007 10:30:59 PM
I did not call a date by the wrong name - I totally forgot his name altogether!! He had given me a different name (Dean)when we first emailed. Then when we met he said he preferred his middle name Larry so I had to adjust to calling him that instead of Dean. One day we were out shopping when we bumped into this couple who knew my ex and I. They did not know we had divorced so to see me strolling along holding another guy's hand was a bit shocking to say the least. I said Hi Anna Richard, meet a friend of mine ......ummm then the mind went blank. I looked up at him (he was tall- love those tall guys) and thought who the heck are you ? He laughed and hugged me and said "Jeez I made such an impression on you, you forgot my name... Hi I am Larry, nice to meet you folks". We all laughed at that point but it was our 3rd date in person and about a month after we first emailed. I was so embarrassed, even now I cringe whenever I think back to that episode. Now I call them Sweetie, Honeybuns or some other innocuous pet name. Duh me and my blonde moments..............LOL.
 bursts of flavour
Msg: 71
Posted: 4/8/2007 11:03:33 PM
i have done this about two times (the third i just completely forgot his name) ... but only once out of the two times was the other name being called an ex and omg i nearly died of shock (shocking myself and at how shitty i felt afterwards) i said it during sex.... i called a guy a different name once on a date but the other name being said was just a guy that i used to go to high school with (they had the same last names) .... ive been on a date where i forgot the guy's name... whoops .. i had a laugh about that one tho lol...

but the only excuse i could give about the ex's name being called was that even though my ex was good in bed -- my current boyfriend at the time was just completely, entirely better in other words: the best .. i wasnt anywhere near emotionally unfaithful... just depends on how many times in a day it happens.. i only let this happened once b/c of how stupid i felt afterwards... but after that the sex just plumeted and it was my fault b/c thats all i could think about -- 'dont say his name. dont say his name. dont say his name' and nothing else.. but i mean if they are taking a walk to the mailbox and he actually spits out his name... no big deal...but if its every day, almost every meal, then hell... thats just not fair to your friend...
 SupremeDiva
Msg: 72
Posted: 4/13/2007 6:58:17 PM
I dont believe there is any excuses for be called the wrong name by a boyfriend/girlfriend and I know non of my ex's are thankful that they never made that mistake because they would be balls less because to me that mean your with me but your not really with me becasue your with me thinking about your ex. So if your with me and you mistakenly call me your ex that mean you were thinking hard about that person.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Being called the WRONG name by your boy/girlfriend