Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Does ignoring a guy really get his attention?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 maysunshowers
Msg: 326
view profile
History
Does ignoring a guy really get his attention?Page 14 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
I don't know about other women, but I'm a wee bit on the shy side. When I ignore a guy, it's because I'm not sure if the interest is reciprocated and I don't want to be too obvious . . . and I'm one of those people who has a difficult time hiding anything, as everything is practically written on my face. So, if I ignore, it's not to play games. It's because I'm not sure how well my interest will be received. Perhaps a bit of a confidence issue, but I really don't want to look desperate or creep a guy out.
 Amazonka
Msg: 327
Does ignoring a guy really get his attention?
Posted: 12/30/2006 11:09:54 AM
yup it works

find it silly but it usually works
 nchappynurse
Msg: 328
Posted: 12/30/2006 4:12:09 PM
I think there is a huge difference between ignoring a man and allowing a man to pursue. One is rude and the other is common sense. Men love the chase!
 Ladybird37
Msg: 329
Posted: 1/3/2007 11:57:45 AM
I see what guys mean about wanting a woman who's not into playing games! Why would you ignore someone you were interested in?
 16sage7
Msg: 330
Posted: 1/3/2007 12:57:35 PM
Why do we keep getting this one wrong? It is not ignoring that is being done. That is rude. It's about allowing a person to discover you. This is done through not being the one to call all the time. As I said, ignoring is rude and will cause any decent human being to walk away from you. Communicate when a person calls; respond to their questions or anything that fall under standard courtesy. Just don't through yourself at a guy or a gal. Don't be to convienent to anyone. It lessons your appeal.
 JustCallMeMike
Msg: 331
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2007 6:45:39 PM
Just for the record, not all men like the chase. If she's worth it she's worth the effort but if someone thinks they are going to make me jump through hoops to "prove" myself, they've got another thing coming. Ignoring me is the quickest way to have me never email you, call you or ask you out ever again. IMHO.

I am in TOTAL agreement with you Just...I am 36 and I have past this childish stage. If I am emailing a woman it is because I found something in her worth getting to know. I am NOT going to play the friendship game. I am not going to wait for you to email me back. Either you email me within a week or don't bother emailing me at all. Trust me, if I have to wait and play that game, you will quickly learn that you are NOT as all that to me as you thought I did. You could be the goddess of all goddesses herself or the poorest woman in the world, you are just another human, to me. You put on your clothing like I do. You breathe the same air I do. Etc., etc., etc.

If you are really looking for a man who won't play head games with you, stop for Heaven's sakes playing your mind games.

"Trix are for kids...and johns."

I think there is a huge difference between ignoring a man and allowing a man to pursue. One is rude and the other is common sense. Men love the chase!

Not this man. I can't believe you tried to tell that lie about me. This is why so many men call women cockteases, tricks, and other less than loving and flattering words.

How many of you women would like to have the same game played on you? How many of you would follow behind a man like a little dog just for a chance to prove to him you are worth keeping? Really think about that before you make statements like above.
 TrackMan391
Msg: 332
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2007 12:10:13 PM
Not for me. To me, ignoring equals lack of attraction, plain and simple. And I don't view the whole thing as a chase; I see it as more of a gamble. Sure it's fun to take a risk once in a while, but if the odds are stacked against you, the smart thing to do is pass on it. The profile could be the Helen of Troy, but if getting a reply from her takes more effort than what I think is worth, then no thanks. If I write or call someone, it means I'm intersted in getting to know them and spending time time them. If she ignores me, I'll try two or three times (giving the benefit of doubt; the ignoring could have been inadvertent), then move on to someone who respects me enough not to play the ignoring game (also goes by the name "hard to get"). There is a fine line between being persistant and jumping through hoops like a circus lion. And I know which side I want to be on.
 chaswhatif
Msg: 333
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2007 3:16:44 PM
No response means dismissal.No never means yes,except to rapists.
 browneyedstallion
Msg: 334
Posted: 1/6/2007 3:37:07 PM
Does ignoring a guy really get his attention? If a woman is ignoring me it certainly won't get mine. I'll assume they're not interested and move on. For them to get my attention they have to show some of interest in me. Once I know they're interested they'll get my full and undivided attention.
 Gone7077
Msg: 335
Posted: 1/6/2007 3:48:30 PM
It never fails to amaze ( and sadden) me that this game is played by anybody over the age of 16. At least when you were kids the girl would just say "yuk" and turn away. Direct but honest. This type of behavior is a boon for the paid dating sites however. ''
 drg1301
Msg: 336
Posted: 1/19/2007 7:26:39 PM
The only thing ignoring someone that you are interested in is eliminating yourself from their interest. Who in their right mind plays these kids games ?

As far as myself you would have just established yourself as someone who hasn't grown up yet. I turn 47 on the 21st, I'm just too damn old for games.
 Pamness
Msg: 337
Posted: 1/19/2007 7:29:16 PM
Well, I now know that the soon to be buy bye man is nicer, better if I tell him off or tell him to go away and then ignore him... So some men that never grew up this tactic works with... if you want a child to raise, the guy who is like this is for you ... NOT FOR ME.
 867love
Msg: 338
Posted: 2/10/2007 1:42:05 AM
may work for some guys to ignore them or play hard to get, however if she starts playing games like that -i'm outta there...quick!
 Luckyone 38
Msg: 339
Posted: 2/10/2007 2:13:27 AM
May work for the guys with no self esteem! But the ones that have it just walk and never look back!

yup it works

find it silly but it usually works
 musicalife
Msg: 340
Posted: 2/10/2007 8:38:17 AM
In high school/high school mentalities
 donnam30
Msg: 341
Posted: 2/10/2007 1:03:42 PM
if ive had an arguement wiv my boyfriend and he started it, then yeah i ignore him, but other than that i wouldnt of said ignoring a guy gets his attention
 CameronScott
Msg: 342
Posted: 2/13/2007 2:21:40 AM
If a woman ignores you and you do keep pursuing her, isn't that like stalking? If I ignored a girl and she kept after me i'd think she was crazy.
 Whathuh?
Msg: 343
Posted: 2/13/2007 3:04:20 AM
I think if somebody is ignoring you, that's always a sign to let it go. I mean, why ignore somebody you like? Hell, why not just punch them in the arm? (flashbacks to first grade)
 Moontress
Msg: 344
Posted: 2/13/2007 3:06:36 AM
I'd hope it was the latter. I ignore guys, but they still bug me. So I ask, what am I doing wrong? I don't want to be a **** but how do you say 'get the hell away from me' nicely?

I don't ignore people I like.
 lookingformygirl
Msg: 345
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2007 2:45:54 PM
Ignoring a guy does not get his attention. IF you don't believe me ask any ugly woman. But- if you ALREADY have his attention and he has little to NO SELF ESTEEM, I am sure that ignoring him will make him try harder and harder, as long as you give him just enough attention to hang on to, which is just a little bit more than the rest of the women give him.

You are confused if you think the ignoring is what got his attention in the first place. You had to have given him something to work with before ignoring him. Now you are not talking about attention but infatuation. Nobody LIKES being ignored, what he is doing is TRYING to get your attention, and trying to get you to quit ignoring him. Because of his low self esteem, he is afraid to go out and find someone else that will treat him better.....good luck if you are playing this game......if it works, congratulations, you have got yourself a loser !

"if you are not the lead dog, the scenery never changes...."
 sassyfox
Msg: 346
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2007 5:43:41 PM
Nope, but hitting him over the head with my purse usually gets his attention pretty quick.
 johnglc
Msg: 347
Posted: 3/8/2007 5:55:15 PM
some it works out well ...it gives them a chance to check out her ASS...lol
 tvpirate05
Msg: 348
Posted: 3/17/2007 2:25:45 PM
No, I'm not going to chase a woman who's giving me the impression she wants nothing to do with me. If you're as mature as you want me to think, be upfront with me.

That's just like women who are rude to guys because, deep down, they like them. WTF? You really think I want to be bothered with you when the only thing I've seen from you is a b***hy persona?

Just because women like a-holes doesn't mean guys like women who act out like that.
 Ross PK
Msg: 349
Posted: 3/17/2007 2:37:36 PM
Personally, if a woman ignored me there is no way it would get my attention. I'd just basically think she's not interested and move on straight away.
 iamtheone39
Msg: 350
Posted: 3/17/2007 9:05:32 PM
Good thread...I feel that there is a fine line between "flirting" and "bothering"..when it gets to the bothering point the turn-off happens. I can't explain when that point begins and ends though. Sometimes we don't find out until it is too late. I like to just casually make my "woman" know every so often that I am still interested in her...even if it means sending her a rose and a card. Alot of people just overdue it and it takes the "mystery" out of the relationship.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Does ignoring a guy really get his attention?