Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Does ignoring a guy really get his attention?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 punkcodi1984
Msg: 401
Does ignoring a guy really get his attention?Page 17 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
number 1:well thats y u ask them what theyre interests are over the fone,kind of c how they anwser u if their being standoffish,or if they take awhile to answer the question. Ur number 2: if a guy is flirting with another girl infront of u it could be a possibilty of a few things,like yea u hit it off on the fone but when u got to hang out with them ur not that interesting to them,with guys u gotta ge their attention,keep them interested,if u seem boring to them they will try to move on,some ***holes will do it infront of ur face,but another reason that a guy will flirt with sum1 infront of u bcuz they want to c if u get jealous,and being jealous doesnt always mean kikking the other girls ass,it just means that u like him it shows a sign of weakness i mean ya a guy wants a girl to have her own stuff and what not but if ya show a lil sign that u need them it helps
 punkcodi1984
Msg: 402
Does ignoring a guy really get his attention?
Posted: 5/14/2009 8:06:39 PM
i think if u ignore someone than its childish like every1 has said already on here but i only ignore sum1 for good if they offend me,or dont like what i have to offer,like this site says"plenty of fish"
 601kid
Msg: 403
Posted: 5/14/2009 11:35:26 PM
90% of the time if a girl ignores me i wont waste my time. cold shoulders suck
 valenciacityx
Msg: 404
Posted: 5/14/2009 11:46:59 PM
You could ignore me, I would return the favor.
 CIDSYD
Msg: 405
Posted: 6/6/2009 2:34:38 AM
No except perhaps for a man wanting a challenge,but this type will just move on to the next challenge.
I prefer a woman who lets you know if she likes you, life is too short to play games
 Twooit
Msg: 406
Posted: 6/6/2009 5:01:49 AM
Ignoring me is a SUREFIRE way to lose my interest. I went on a date a few months back, had a great time together and then she didn't call or contact me for 3 days. On the 3rd day she called and told me she's always done the "3 day rule". Needless to say there was never a second date. If you like someone don't ignore them- make an attempt to get to know them and be around them. Don't be suffocating, obviously- but DON'T ignore them. One of my biggest turn offs
 D_a_n_n_y
Msg: 407
Posted: 6/6/2009 5:26:11 AM
No, it's frigging annoying. That's a primary school tactic and it doesn't work. It didn't work then, and it doesn't work now.
 spicynicegirl
Msg: 408
Posted: 6/6/2009 5:35:39 AM
How would you get his attention by ignoring him? I agree with the poster above. It sounds like something a schoolgirl would do.....................
 karma1160
Msg: 409
Posted: 6/6/2009 7:55:45 AM
This makes absolutely no sense at all. In the day and age of singledom if someone ignores me I move on . I am not interested in playing juvenile games and I don't think men are either. If you really want to have a fully functioning relationship you have to ask for what you need and if the person can't give it to you then you need to look elsewhere.
 Twooit
Msg: 410
Posted: 6/6/2009 9:14:31 AM
Exactly, a woman who agrees! Ignore me for 24 hours and I delete you and move on.
 Ruby Darling
Msg: 411
Posted: 6/6/2009 9:31:41 AM
I'm not sure if it's "ignoring" or giving them space to come to you. I noticed that my potential dates call me when I stop calling, write me when I stop writing, etc. To me this feels like a gaming zone not dating. To be honest, if ignoring them gets their attention (some people both men and women are like that), it says to me they are not my type, they are confused, undecided and insecure. I prefer more maturity than that. This hot-and-cold policy is not for me enither giving nor receiving.
 NotInnocent
Msg: 412
Posted: 6/6/2009 9:47:59 AM
LOL! Depends on the guy. Completely! Some men will make sure you notice them.. others will give a half assed effort and then complain that you didn't notice, others will decide you are too much work for them and will not even try. Eh whatever to each their own

I ignore men initially, not intentionally, but I do, it's my nature, just the way I am. Once you've got my attention though, I won't ignore you, I'm also not going to call/text/e-mail/IM you constantly either. I used to never contact men period, but that annoyed even myself. lol.

Anyway, It's not really a problem, the ones that really want my attention get it. The other ones just float by without me noticing, so I miss nothing.

Of course that being said.. if you are someone like me and you ignore men.. you can't sit around and **** that you never get dates. If you paid attention you probably would get dates. I just manage to get boyfriends rather then dates most of the time. It works well for me :~)
 P.R.Handgrenade69
Msg: 413
Posted: 6/6/2009 3:34:18 PM
@OP:

Do it enough times to the same person and see what happens next.
 heyyyeveryone
Msg: 414
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2009 4:03:34 PM
No! If a guy ignored you, would it get your attention? Come on. The worst thing a person can do to you is ignore you. If someone ignores me, I'll think she's a **** and as far as I'm concern no longer exists in my view.
 balrog78251
Msg: 415
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2009 5:47:31 PM
haha i love a woman that plays hard to get its the ones that play impossible to get i cant stand
 .Marc
Msg: 416
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2009 9:17:36 PM
Not remotely appealing.
 TheReason_
Msg: 417
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2009 9:37:26 PM
When someone ignores me, for some reason, and call me crazy if you must....

I just never pay attention to them.

Who knew!
 itsmillertime6227
Msg: 418
Posted: 6/6/2009 9:46:59 PM
I don't play games like that. If she ignores me, I'll move on.
I'm not going to fight for her attention.
If you have to fight for something, you have to fight to keep it...in anything, especially in love and war.
 Matt4609
Msg: 419
Posted: 4/13/2010 1:58:29 PM
I personally don't like being ignored at all. their is a difference between ignore and busy is one thing, but if you are interested in that person why ignore them. To ignore love is to not want it. It seems like a game that most people ask to avoid.
 5sammy
Msg: 420
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2010 6:47:26 PM
if you can ascertain that he has a giant ego, then, yes, ignoring him might get his attention; because people
with giant egos (men or woman) can't understand why everyone under the sun - including animals - aren't attracted to them. but be careful, because there are some people out there that might seem aloof, but that is simply because they're not interested; and worse, they're well-adjusted and ego-less (or less ego-less than the majority of the population), so avoiding them will do nothing for you, if what you desire is them. so, in short: you need to investigate.
 *topchef*
Msg: 421
Posted: 4/13/2010 7:12:56 PM
I found that worked really well......when I was in grade 7 ! ! ! ! !

If I am interested the man will certainly know it. Now it is much more effective to leave something provocative in his jacket pocket. That will get his attention!
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 422
Posted: 4/13/2010 7:17:06 PM
Yes I always fall for someone that ignores me!!!!.....lol

I can assure you that ignoring me will get you nowhere. Are we still in high school? I mean really!!!
 Rarebird76
Msg: 423
Posted: 4/13/2010 11:56:06 PM
I ignore everybody (including myself). If someone is interested in me they are going to need to bonk me over the head with a foam mallet or directly converse with me.
 pitufina_77
Msg: 424
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2010 12:50:43 AM
Well,

So I was in touch with somebody. He hit a series of bad events in his life. I sent him a weekly-10 text to ask him how he was, that I was thinking of him. When time passed from the events, I added that I would love to get together again. In short, I SHOWED HIM clearly that I was still interested.

Got nothing.

And, when I counted my losses, and decided to let it be... Nearly four weeks later he messages me to tell me that he hasn't had any news from me and that he is never too busy for me...

I was polite, and didn't throw him to the dogs, so to take the advice that if you do that then men will think you are trouble and not want to come back. We spoke about making plans to see each other again. We would look on the agendas. That was two weeks ago. Last friday, I sent him a happy birthday message, obviously unanswered...

So some man please explain to me that one. If ignoring doesn't work, and a man responds when a woman shows interest in him, then why a seemingly interested man is not responding when I show him attention.
 curiousaboutu77
Msg: 425
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2010 3:28:26 AM
^^^^^^something is clearly holding him back or someone else perhaps. Sometimes people may be shy and cautious and that may cause them to show less interest until they are sure about the relationship but he doesn't seem to be showing much interest at all and is not trying to get to know you much. Maybe these events really affected him and he needs to be alone so depends on how bad the events were or maybe he isn't interested like you thought.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Does ignoring a guy really get his attention?