Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Does ignoring a guy really get his attention?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 451
Does ignoring a guy really get his attention?Page 19 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
Case in point, I was out one weekend on a road trip, partying it up with a buddy of mine, and a couple of girls he knew (we're all 28-30). He had a guaranteed hookup with one, and the other flirted with me a bit; however each time I drew close to try and get a little more intimate, she pulled away and eventually kept a certain distance, though kept her eyes fixated on me.

Since they both knew this was one of those "one-weekend only visits", I decided she was wasting my time and that I was going to fill my hotel room that night, one way or the other, so I proceeded to pick up a cute girl (20-ish) that had been eying me across the dance floor all night.

No sooner than I start to secure Girl B when all of a sudden Ms. Rigid comes out of the woodwork sulking, and eventually drags us off to her place and I get my original hook-up.

Silliest behavior I've observed this year thus far on the singles circuit...

no no...that girl was playing a different game with you than the "ignoring game"...

she was doing the "push pull" game with you...she likely did not want to "feel" as though she "had" to be deemed the automatic friend hook up...so she was trying to play with you a little to make it more interesting.

after all- yall just met right? i completely do NOT blame you at all for going and finding a younger version...

after you finished with the younger model- you should have gone and found your first girl and finished up with her...she would have been ready then...

if you really wanted the first girl bad enough from the beginning- you should have stopped making advances and pretty much ignored her with her sitting right next to you...she would have realized her game was silly and it would have confused her as to why you were not throwing yourself at her...

then she would have thrown herself at you...
 Michaell38
Msg: 452
Does ignoring a guy really get his attention?
Posted: 5/11/2010 5:31:47 PM
Nope, i'll just figure you weren't interested and move on.
 MisterDynomite
Msg: 453
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2010 7:59:25 PM

Or is that the best way to insure that he NEVER pays any attention to you?

Each guy is different. Some like the chase... but others take disinterest as just that..

If a lady ignored me, i'd turn my back and go elsewhere. But thats just me.

thutch901
Msg: 454
Posted: 5/11/2010 9:41:26 PM
It can be a mixed signal deal. To much of it leads to both being frustrated both men and women. A little bit of a chase is fine either way but, there has to be a hook or an interest. For me the chasing around just leaves me bored and tired.

I have this one girl who thinks I am really into seeing her run around with other guys and what not. So I pretty much crossed her off the list. Occasionally she calls but, I am not into cons or head games. In fact I told her to go back to her finance and leave me out of it. It works for awhile but, then she comes back somehow.
 Warm and Loving Gal
Msg: 455
Posted: 5/13/2010 6:23:47 PM
Didn't this used to be called "playing hard to get"?? (Sigh...I think I'll see if I can still get into nun school...)
 _batman
Msg: 456
Posted: 5/14/2010 4:27:07 AM
I don't talk to women who talk to me when they are either bored or want something.

They'd get me on the hop every now and then but I ignore THEM.

:)
 CheezyChick
Msg: 457
Posted: 5/14/2010 6:23:53 AM

If a lady ignored me, i'd turn my back and go elsewhere. But thats just me.

^^ I would think this is the case in most instances...silly game for silly boys and girls...
I personally use the "I want you" approach...and if that doesn't work, a full frontal tackle usually gets the message across...
 *Eiledon*
Msg: 458
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2010 10:02:27 AM
Nope. I'll take that as a 'not interested' vote and move on and not look back!

Life's WAAAAAYY too short for High School Games!

So those fools (Oooops!!* Folks*) using this strategy, how's it working for you?

If it is, Are you under 25?

Short answer: NO. Ignoring anyone you're interested in is ALWAYS a foolish idea. IE: It only works amongst FOOLS!
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 459
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2010 11:08:21 AM
OP, it depends on the situation, and also what you define as ignoring. Is it ignoring as in not chasing after him/not initiating contact with him, or is it ignoring as in not responding to his calls or e-mails? The former is a strategy for regaining his interest if he's been pulling away from you or taking you for granted. The latter is just rude and immature, unless you're not interested in the man and are intentionally trying to blow him off.
 platypus_man
Msg: 460
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2010 5:35:14 PM

Yes it does. It tells us immediately that we're wasting our time being interested in you. So, we then turn our attention to other women who appreciate us.
 MisterDynomite
Msg: 461
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2010 5:55:52 PM

I personally use the "I want you" approach...and if that doesn't work, a full frontal tackle usually gets the message across...

That would be hot.

full frontal tackle. heh

Is she clothed or unclothed? :P
 *buzz*
Msg: 462
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2010 2:33:39 AM

I would never ignore someone I was really interested in.p/quote]
Needless to say that I would find time to meet up half-way through.
Afterall, any kind of ...... ship is a two way street.
 Vannili
Msg: 463
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2010 6:49:03 AM
I never ignore a guy when he is talking to me, even he is the Hunchback of Notre Dame,
In my case they gave me their attention first.....
Vannili
 Hands of gold
Msg: 464
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2010 9:26:56 AM
If a man finds a girl attractive, that's what gets his attention. Ignoring him may send the wrong signal and he will give up without trying. You want to get a man's attention, hold his eyes for a little longer, touch him or smile at him. Men are sometimes dense, so quit sending mixed messages.

On the flip side, I think men can get a girl's attention by ignoring her, but only when she is hot and already has the attention of many men. By ignoring her, he stands out from all the other suck assess, therefore becomes desirable.

To me, attraction is instant, but chemistry is slower to develop. Ignoring doesn't really build chemistry in my mind.
 freedomagn
Msg: 465
Posted: 5/16/2010 10:25:58 AM
Ignore me and off to the recycle bin you land. Get real, be real, and screw the games.
Getting to old for that Shyte!
 Ms_6Cs_QT
Msg: 466
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2010 2:20:03 PM
I agree.
It ticks me off that some guys do that, and make up some lame excuse, like what is up with that?

Like one guy told me he wasn't in the mood to talk to me, and not to bother him. So, I stopped saying hi.
Then 2 months later out of the blue he sends me a message asking me what's up? and I send a message asking what he needs? no reply and I'm like what the hell?
What's the point in sending me a msg in the first place?
 TheReason_
Msg: 467
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2010 11:08:16 PM

Or is that the best way to insure that he NEVER pays any attention to you?

This.

If you ignore me, I assume you aren't interested, life goes on.

Elsewhere.
 merelymortal
Msg: 468
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2010 1:54:18 AM
I will say... this depends

If he doesn't know you, yes, its a sure thing he will never pay attention to you unless he already has his eye one you, and the only way to know that is to pay attention to him or at least talk to him. If he thinks he is invisible to you... and he has his eyes on other women that pay him attention... he may just go ahead and go for them because... well, they showed some interest.

that should say that...

playing hard to get is not what it is cracked out to be
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 469
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2010 12:12:09 AM
Ignoring me get's my attention if your dumb azz doesn't go when the light turns green...........
 Gallimaestro
Msg: 470
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2010 6:13:41 PM
If I get ignored, that tells me she's not interested. Hard to get doesn't exist anymore.
 SportsFreak88
Msg: 471
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2010 12:03:44 AM
I feel that the more I get "ignored" the more attention I pay. I guess it's because i'm so wrapped up in finding out why i'm being ignored in the first place. I have this girl friend of mine, i've known her for like 7 years now. For about 4 years we were really close. We talked everyday and about everything. Which was unique for me because i'm not one to share personal info to those in my life. I really liked her and I think she even knew it. We always used to say that we could "definitely" see ourselves being together. Then of course came the dreaded "college" thing. I originally didn't go, she did and went away to school. So because of that we barely got to talk and stuff. The only time we'd get to talk was online here and there. Then that eventually came less and less(which I can understand because AIM is becoming more out of date by the day) In the last year however, we have been on AIM at the sametime 4 times and talked 3 of them(each time she IMed me, I never have been the one to start an IM between us because I always got the feeling if someone IMs me they actually wanna talk and not that i'm bothering them......same with the phone) I can't say i'm being totally ignored because she doesn't have the net where she lives these days. However I do find it odd how shes willing to IM me. I'll be the first to admit that she's actually been the only girl i've ever really liked. I've had other "relationships" I suppose but nothing serious sop i'm not sure what to think about it all
 Vannili
Msg: 472
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2010 9:40:04 AM

Or is that the best way to insure that he NEVER pays any attention to you ?

1st. question - some guys if you ignore them , but your body language says different,they are fired up to pester you to get your attention until you cave in .

2nd.question- a guy will not pay attention if he is not attracted to you. Or if he read in your body and verbal language that you are not into him.. just my 2 cents
 Marmite baby
Msg: 473
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2010 10:44:10 AM
I'm not into game playing but until you get to know someone its difficult to guage their privacy levels as you could be ignored as a back off signal.. For me the distancing going on will probably result in my not meeting a guy on here next week. A lovely warm message , sent photo, with a you look lovely (like my mum?) followed by curt, cold replies once we'd agreed to meet.Have made it clear that I would understand if he didn't want to meet. Now one rose gone. I realise that dating is like interviewing, but theres no need for the coldness.Think I waslucky in the past in that partners were real life friends before dating.
I think you have to be wise about whether or not its worth saving a non starter but in an established relationship you have to communicate.
Should add that I've been guilty of getting so far and then dropping people.
Horrible. At least I may be kinder in the future.
 gideonjoe
Msg: 474
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2010 4:30:03 PM
No. It, at least for me, means "next"...playing hard to get is fine, just dont play impossible to get.
 soflnighteagle
Msg: 475
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2010 7:11:08 PM
If a woman ignores me it means she is either not interested, or she is a game player. Which ever one it is I can say one thing for certain; "I do not want to have anything to do with her." I think this falls right in line with the whole; "If you want to get a woman interested in you, treat her like dirt." So I guess guys like to be ignored as much as women like to be treated like dirt.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Does ignoring a guy really get his attention?