Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Love the new last 5 posts feature on profiles :)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 xander
Msg: 26
...or you could post intelligently....Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Check the subjects - he had to reverse their order to stage his high protest.
 beachergal
Msg: 27
Love the new last 5 posts feature on profiles :)
Posted: 4/26/2005 7:23:40 AM
^^^ yep it should be a choice, can we get it fixed?.... and sure yes....I'll toss in a loonie too.

most of the posts read out of context make no sense whatsoever. I just want to go and make some innane comments just to keep it current..
 kadmus
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2005 9:35:05 AM
I don't like the addition of my last 5 post to my profile. One, I am less apt to post on any of the sex forums as I don't want my posts taken out of context. Two, I like to seperate politics and religion from dating as much as possible. But I also like to contribute to the forums. I would rather a link to my last 25 threads if possible.

Furthermore, from an asestics perspective, it kills my profile. Please remove it or give us the option of adding it.
 Pandy
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2005 9:53:57 AM
I love it because I can easily access the last few posts of my favorite POF people...there are some folks so fun I can't resist "following" them around.

I will say that if I were still dating, I would want to keep my forum life and my dating life seperate as Kadmus suggested.
 Golden Damsel
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2005 9:55:09 AM
Absolutley do not like the addition of my last 5 post's showing on my profile.

A link to the posts would be OK but at least give us an option ..
 late™
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/26/2005 10:06:02 AM

I think this addition is also to motivate people to "watch what they post", so that might be the determining factor in whether or not this new feature stays.

I hear footsteps........... 'zat you NAB?

gary5252
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2005 5:45:10 PM
freedom of speech is a wonderful thing. ^^^^^ surely pof isn,t trying to psycologically sensor posters, or are they, hhmmmmm. probably not, it would cut out to many. although, hmmmm.
 gary5252
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2005 5:47:11 PM
dang it late. i don,t like to think this time of day. looks to me like a toss up so far. keep 'em comin'.
 twitchy
Msg: 34
Posted: 4/26/2005 6:37:45 PM
okay, admin.... it's time for us to have a 'heart-to-heart'.

this last 5 posts thingy has got to go. i'm willing to raise my original contribution to the pot of one loonie to a fiver..... a whole whopping five dollars to pay you to get that crap off my profile.

i'm this close (yes, i know you can't see my fingers) to creating a new profile.

i am really really really really really and really not pleased with this new addition. with most of the other fields in the profile, i can choose 'prefer not to say', however, i have no choice with the last five posts.....
 Pandy
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2005 6:44:37 PM

I think this addition is also to motivate people to "watch what they post", so that might be the determining factor in whether or not this new feature stays.

I hear footsteps........... 'zat you NAB?

cooooooold be :)
 late™
Msg: 36
Posted: 4/26/2005 6:51:53 PM
Can't sneak up on me any more, your profile gives you away......

Hey! .....where'd y'go?

gary5252
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2005 7:51:01 PM
nota- ya already got a sweetie so you can say what ya please. i ain't , so i got to try to please all tha ladies out there. shux, guess i'll still have to be my naturally wonderful self after all. lol.
 BonnieB
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2005 7:05:25 PM
I like it.. When I come in I like to go back to where I was last and see what's happened.. this makes that possible .. Right on!!
 markus
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2005 9:02:14 AM
people have to be held accoutable for what the post. this is a dating site first and forum second.
 firstLOLOL
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2005 1:40:49 PM
Not lookin for anything-- hey nota... Just cam from Asheville NC, Could you look at my last post and Let me know what's up? Have a great one. LOL...
 Happÿ
Msg: 41
Posted: 5/8/2005 8:34:03 AM
When you wrote the following I think you inadvertantly said what us detractors think.
So why not keep the dating tools like profiles and forum posts seperate?

Written by admin:this is a dating site first and forum second.
 xander
Msg: 42
Posted: 5/8/2005 10:20:31 AM
^^ I completely agree. My posts are a reflection of who I am and, thus, are a chance for people who want to get to know me better.

What would be nice would be a caveat at the top of that section. Something like:
"5 most recent posts. The first lines shown may be taken out of context. Reading a thread in its entirety is the best way to get to know how/why these statements were made. First sentence might also be quoting someone else altogether."
 xander
Msg: 43
Posted: 5/8/2005 8:52:47 PM
My concern would not be getting taken out of context but being thought responsible for the words of some jackass that I'm quoting. I start those posts consistently with either the [ quote ] tags or quotations marks.

How about if the post starts with either of those two, it filters out the rest until the quotes are closed? That way, my "recent post" starts with my own words, not someone else's?
 Happÿ
Msg: 44
Posted: 5/11/2005 4:51:49 PM
I still say, whatever our reasons, that we should have the choice whether or not our forum posts are on our main profile page. If we like then great, participate. If we do not then also great, it doesn't show up on our page.
To each his own would be nice.
 Golden Damsel
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2005 4:58:16 AM
Happÿ

My sentiments Xactly

POF is still showing the posts...therefore still unhappy...

Will not post till changed...

markus
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2005 8:29:40 PM
Number of users posting on the forums since the addition has doubled.
 late™
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/19/2005 8:35:46 PM
I for one, ....am not surprised, .....it was a great marketing move.
 Happÿ
Msg: 48
Posted: 5/21/2005 12:21:05 PM
in response to admin writing: Number of users posting on the forums since the addition has doubled

Was the addition our forum postings to our profile done in order to increase forum usage?
Why not just put one of those ads on the profile page?
Or, why not just send mail to all your users inviting them to the forums like you do for "your matches"?

And for those who like the idea of having a link on a profile to see last posts etc = You can search in forums for anyone's online name and see their last 25 posts.

I really believe that having our last 5 posts on our page defeats the whole idea of working on making a good clear profile. You can just say "read what I have to say below". Just not esthetically pleasing. (did I spell that correctly?)
 Cristine
Msg: 49
Posted: 5/21/2005 9:07:23 PM
That sounds like a great idea!!!!

really believe that having our last 5 posts on our page defeats the whole idea of working on making a good clear profile. You can just say "read what I have to say below".

Then people won't get the wrong impression if you have quoted somoene.... now, on my profile when I search for my age and location I don't see it... hmmmm is it only when you are in the forums?
 Gordon Gal
Msg: 50
Posted: 5/23/2005 9:36:45 PM
The reason that the number of posts has doubled, in my opinion, is so we can get rid of a post we dont want on our profiles.

I agree with a link to the last posts on our profiles. If someone wants to get to know you, they will get over the "too lazy to click on a link" thing.

Or maybe we should be able to shut it on and off, like we can with the IM feature. That way, if we said something that could be taken out of context, we can shut off the feature until the post is off the profile (not one of the last five posts)

Keep up the good work otherwise.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Love the new last 5 posts feature on profiles :)