Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Love the new last 5 posts feature on profiles :)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mutuality
Msg: 65
Love the new last 5 posts feature on profiles :)Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
OK, but here is the quandry...

We have sections where you can "ask a girl" or "ask a guy" about dating issues. This **is** a dating site. Suppose we want to ask a question concerning how something is affecting us in an "ongoing" dating situation? And we don't understand something, and want others (read: not the person we are dating) to shed some light on it, an opinion.

If I wanted to ask the person I am dating, I would. But I want to ask others in the community, and putting this on my profile page is almost the same as asking the perrrson you are "involved" with.

Doesn't really seem fair.
 someguy08527
Msg: 66
Love the new last 5 posts feature on profiles :)
Posted: 10/7/2007 5:34:51 PM
lol @ the "two enthusiastic boobs up" comment
 Ticketoride
Msg: 67
Posted: 10/8/2007 2:16:26 AM
OK, but here is the quandry...

Related Links:Profiles: Forum Post Links
 babawawa87
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2008 6:04:13 PM
There was information in the post I wrote that I did not want on my profile.
I would have rather been given a choice.
 Unforgettable23
Msg: 69
Posted: 2/25/2008 2:50:48 PM
I agree with the users that are afraid that the "few words" posted, will be taken out of context. I've just finished having to defend one of my posts. This particular man read those "few words" from my forum posts, listed on my profile, and he totally took my comments out of context! He assumed I meant JUST the OPPOSITE of what I actually wrote. I probably won't participate in the forums anymore for this reason.
 NatureVision
Msg: 70
Posted: 2/26/2008 8:27:34 AM
So, you are upset because a guy became upset with a partial quote on your profile that he could quite easily have read in context with a simple click but yet didn't bother to do so. Yep, sounds like you missed out on a big winner with that one.
 AmazingDave
Msg: 71
Posted: 2/28/2008 5:56:49 PM
I want the choice too, they seem to make everything else choosable.

I feel like it's restricting my freedom here and will actually post less in the forums. I see the forum as a place to let your hair down a bit, this isn't where I'm selling myself this is where I'm being myself. I don't see this as being dishonesty it's just a different level of openess. You know you don't fart in front of your first date but maybe after you've know her a bit, well I'm happy to fart in here (or was).
 AmazingDave
Msg: 72
Posted: 2/28/2008 7:34:09 PM
Yes you just stated the obvious which I already addressed.

You don't have a concept of letting your hair down?

Great everyone behave the world will be such an interesting place then.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 73
Posted: 2/28/2008 7:52:26 PM
I feel like it's restricting my freedom here and will actually post less in the forums.

Just like your Country has Laws, these Forums have Rules.

You don't have a concept of letting your hair down?

There is no Reference about any "Hair Let Downs" by the Admin, but its hoped you will post more responsibly if the whole World can see your Forum Messages. Thus it greatly assists us to keep the Forums On-Track.

Profile Forum Post Links
Forum Postings Shown on my Profile

In this Fashion, you will be more concerned with Forum Netiquette than your Hair.

Related Links:

Forum Rules
Forum Posting Guidelines
Terms of Service/User Agreement
Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rule Violations - Report Thread
Frequently Asked Questions
 briancam
Msg: 74
Posted: 2/29/2008 6:45:39 AM
I dont like the posts ending up in your profile I was talking to a nice lady when all of a sudden she referenced something I had posted in the forum!! Low and behold she was gone! It can be taken out of context if the person does not really know you!!
My next question would be can these posts be deleted or not??? OR do I have to do what another member did and repost 5 more times to get the bad stuff out of the way!! Just curious!!!!!!!!!
 briancam
Msg: 75
Posted: 2/29/2008 8:21:23 AM
Tks for the response,

Its like it says its a dating site first and a forum site second,but the contents gets incorporated into one!!

I agree with you when you say that some people can read past one sentence to understand the content!!

Shame on me I will be more careful next time!! Tks again
 phattyphunk
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 2/29/2008 10:46:11 AM
I don't normally post in forums because I don't want to be quoted on my profile & also because some people have no sense of humor.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 77
Posted: 2/29/2008 3:28:32 PM
Its like it says its a dating site first and a forum site second,but the contents gets incorporated into one!!

Allows other prospective Users to get to know you via a Social Discussion Environment, the Things you believe in, your Expressions of Rationale, the Way you handle Things, Level of Literacy, Courtesies and Manners. As such it may be a double-edged Sword, but you come to the Attention of those who may not otherwise contact anyone.

Almost inevitably, by far the vast Majority of Posters who have been here a long Time can safely be eliminated as Fakes, and is a Key Consideration for many People in messaging someone.

If you you are gonna act like an Idiot on the Forums, then Yes, it will likely not facilitate your Dating Endeavors.
 LadyInWaiting7
Msg: 78
I want them removed
Posted: 3/1/2008 9:33:04 AM
To the moderator: I am very frustrated and getting borderline angry. I can't seem to be able to send an email to ANYONE regarding this and I should be able to get it addressed. I have received several negative and upsetting messages from people responding to my forum posts , these are strangers, not people I have contacted and they are doing it because of the listings of my posts on the bottom of my profile. I am not happy and I want them REMOVED! I did not have a problem before they appeared below my profile. I will NOT be participating in any more forums for this reason and I am seriously considering reporting the site to someone higher up because of this policy. You need to take it case by case and stop telling people no, we won't remove it.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 79
I want them removed
Posted: 3/1/2008 10:39:45 AM
I will NOT be participating in any more forums for this reason and I am seriously considering reporting the site to someone higher up because of this policy.

Then just say "No" to the Terms of Service/User Agreement and do a Hara Kiri

You need to take it case by case and stop telling people no, we won't remove it.

No such bloated Bureaucracy around here. Don't forget you never paid for any Services, you're just made to watch retarded Ads.
 NatureVision
Msg: 80
I want them removed
Posted: 3/1/2008 12:54:05 PM

I am seriously considering reporting the site to someone higher up because of this policy

Please make sure you ask for a full refund as well.
 someplace***
Msg: 81
I want them removed
Posted: 3/1/2008 1:17:12 PM

I am seriously considering reporting the site to someone higher up because of this policy.
Someone "higher up" ?
God? Santa Clause?

If a website's operating within the law, and you've agreed to the site's term's of service, i don't think there's anyone who you can report the site to, just to say you don't like a feature on the site.
If you don't like a feature on a site: don't use the site. That's they way the world works.

You need to take it case by case
I believe the site several million users.
It may be kind of hard for the site's one operator to review every single case.
 OTTO BONN
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2008 4:12:05 PM

I like it so much that I even included the URL to my Forum History at the end of the About Me section in my profile.
 NCRosebud
Msg: 83
Posted: 3/31/2008 11:00:32 AM
I love it. It helps someone who might be interested in us look at our personality, attitudes, etc. It may show an entirely different side to us than our profiles display. It may show someone has an anger management problem ; they are very understanding or compassionate, etc.

Certainly we all have to think about what we use as the first sentence or what we quote in our posts in the event the person "checking us out" doesn't bother to read the entire thread. Maybe we should all start our posts with "I'm such a wonderful, beautiful, talented man/woman and the catch of the year" but then we would be promoting ourselves....and be in conflict with the rules.

Happy Fishing and Posting Everyone!
Rose Mary
 JKLF96
Msg: 84
Posted: 6/22/2009 8:06:55 PM
I agree too, My posts aint what they used to be, couple yrs ago I used to get complimet's on what I posted, Now I just get a slap on the wrist..lol..It's just bordom..
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Love the new last 5 posts feature on profiles :)