Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Texas  > What brought you to texas!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 teddybear 66
Msg: 51
What brought you to texas!Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I am thinking of Moving back down to Texas to be near my family as well as I hope to meet other people in New Braunfels,Texas as well as Spring Branch,Texas or San Antonio, where I was born in. I am also hoping to find some one that would like to go with me in and around that area or possible other towns in Texas. It is a wonderful place tobe at now. Happy New Year to you all. I went to New Braunfels Elks on New Years Eve. as well.
 foxybear 66
Msg: 52
What brought you to texas!
Posted: 1/15/2008 10:58:44 PM
What brought me to Texas was my family One niece and her husband in Spring Branch,Texas another Niece and her family in Caldwell Texas as well as my sister lives in New Braunfels,Texas. We all got together after Christmas and celebrate it while I was visiting there. Then I went to New Braunfels, Elks Club for there New Years eve. Party. i had a good time listen to the band and dance a few with different ladies at the new braunfels Elks. Just thought every one should know. Now I am back in Tacoma,Washington. But I be back down in Texas. Because I was born in San Antonio,Texas. But my mother was from New Braunfels,Texas. take care and may your gardian angel be with you all. so long and Happy New Year to you all. So long for now.
 wifenomore
Msg: 53
Posted: 2/13/2008 1:25:35 PM
My parents when I was 6 months old.

I like to say I wasn't born a Texan but I sure got here as fast as I could.
 psunit
Msg: 54
Posted: 3/8/2008 6:31:29 AM
I am Yankee by birth but lived here in Houston area for many years and then left for 14 years. I recently came back and will never leave again! I was given the opportunity to come back to the Houston area and work again for my former/current employer and I grabbed it! It was the best decision I've made in a long time because I love my life here and I am extremely happy!
 beachdancer
Msg: 55
Posted: 3/13/2008 5:46:11 PM
I would have to say the USAF brought me here. My half sister was born in St. Paul, MN (she said she got here as fast as she could) and my parents met in Denver, CO. I was born in Lubbock and two years later my brother was born in Abilene and moved to San Antonio, guessing at about the age of four. Lived there until I married, had two children and then we moved to Sterling, CO to work, then to El Paso, TX and back to San Antonio, where child number three was born, aka: the boy. Husband graduated from college as a civil engineer and took a job in Macon, Missouri. Talk about culture shock! When we bought a house, I cried every morning for a month. It was the first time I had ever experienced homesickness! We were transferred to Jefferson City, MO. After the divorce and the death of my sister (who had moved up there with me after the death of my mom,) I decided to move near my brother, who worked for NASA (still does.) The kids talked me into moving back up to Missouri about 4 years ago. So I moved to a town near the Lake of the Ozarks. But I was miserable and they said, "Mom, you hate it here, go back." So here I am!! back in the great state of Texas!!
 Ty1990
Msg: 56
Posted: 3/13/2008 6:45:39 PM
the Air Force. I was stationed at Kelly AFB and have since fallen in love with this city.
 GirlTexan
Msg: 57
Posted: 4/1/2008 4:03:31 PM
Wellll ... I'd say the stork but dad always said I wasn't born I was hatched

Born and raised here ... Lived in California, and Nevada off an on, and in about 60 days I will be moving home to Texas for good ...

I never say never, but I ain't leaving for a good long while ...

I have been so homesick for so long, I think I'll miss the feeling for a minute or so - then I'll realize I am home ... Plan to stop and take a picture when I cross back into my home state.

As for Texas pride - hell yeah we're proud, we have every right to be - it's a great state!
 ashley1861
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2008 6:24:29 PM
I was born in Liverpool England. Dad was in the USArmy/Air Corp (USAF); which couldn't repair physical damages, so shipped him to Wilford Hall Medical Base in San Antonio....
and the rest of us followed....
I've been in Texas since I was One Year Old.
 ponytailoftx
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2008 8:33:27 PM
Well Mr. Skeeter ... my mom arrived here from Indiana by way of California and then my dad, who originated here (Quanah), found her in Huntsville!

The fell in love ... got hitched ... did the wild thing and walla ... I comed out of nowhere and landed in Longview!

Lo and behold 'bout 1981, I ventured away from home to attend college in the place of their meeting ... Huntsville and have basically never left!

Sighs ... I'm a Texas girl through and through!

TexRodeoGirl
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2008 3:42:07 AM
Born and raised in Texas. Met some cowboy at a rodeo years ago and he moved me out of state for awhile, then the kids and I came back to Texas and to mama's cookin.
 roughridertex
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2008 4:56:20 PM
Texas born
Texas raised

This is the best state even though some will argue that, I've been to other states and stayed short periods of time and found their attitudes toward me sucked because I was a Texan, but found some came here and loved it, ater all we are THE LONESTAR STATE also have been overseas a few times and all have heard of Texas in other countries but not so of say New Mexico, Alabama,Wyoming, Florida, most other states are not recognized by people in Europe but all have heard of Texas so we must be doing something right and I will never leave again
 sunnychic78
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2008 6:59:38 PM
Born in Texas
Raised in Texas

Went to college in Arkansas and got back here as fast as possible.

Now I live about 8 miles from where I grew up and about 4 miles from my mother and 2 miles from my sisters.
 OhFunnyMe
Msg: 63
Posted: 7/31/2008 11:07:33 AM
The doctor delivered me here!

Yah.

One Native Texas raising her hand!

YeeeeHaawww!
 Gentleman Joe
Msg: 64
Posted: 7/31/2008 11:34:36 AM
I was just out of High School and started a career working for GM In Michigan. By 1980 there was a wave of lay offs that pretty much shut down the town I lived in.

I had a friend who invited me down in January of 1981. Once I got here I realized I could make a living in the Great State Of Texas. And the rest is history.
 Caramel1913
Msg: 65
Posted: 8/3/2008 8:06:57 PM
GirlTexan, the stork brought me here as well.
 Jack9216
Msg: 66
Posted: 8/3/2008 10:09:21 PM
I came down here to start a small cow and calf operation and to get away from a big city. I decided to try something new so why not. Working for now, but soon I'll be Working on getting a nice little spread out in Winnie Texas, which is what brought me here.
 77JTB77
Msg: 67
Posted: 8/5/2008 10:08:30 AM
Born and raised a TEXAN by the grace of GOD !!!!!!!
 Cowboy11Bravo
Msg: 68
Posted: 8/7/2008 5:01:06 AM
Would have been the AirForce* by way of mom, that is* back in the early 73.

Stuck around till 89... then back again perm in 05...
 Cwgirlattitude
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2008 11:55:41 AM
I know this is an old post, but thought I'd add something anyway. I originally came to TX back in 02 stayed till 05. Then went to Myrtle Beach. And now this past June came back to Texas. Cheaper land for one. I own the place where I am at, so won't be moving ever again.

This state is like a magnet, as well as some of the people that I have met, just keeps pulling you back.

Whism
Msg: 70
Posted: 10/3/2008 6:14:44 PM
A job transfer a few years ago and I love it here!!
 osuoudude
Msg: 71
Posted: 10/5/2008 7:58:23 PM
Well, I wanted to get away from my home town because I got tired of it and really didnt like it, so my brother and his wife live in texas and so i decided to go live with them until I finished college so here I am, and a hint from where I am from....Boomer Sooner!!!
 fringetree
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2008 6:46:13 PM
I was 'created' in Texas and except for when I was in the Air Force I've lived in Texas all my life.
 belle.la.donna
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2008 11:21:12 AM
My parents..I was born in south La..(New Orleans, to be exact) and came here when I was 6 yrs old. My grandmother was born in Corpus Christi though, so Im almost a native.
 Deviledeggs
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2008 9:47:53 PM
The ability to buy my first home, the right to kill an intruder, the sun and heat and conservative stance all brought me to Texas. And the reasons for leaving Massachusetts was the cold, the wonter-blues, cabin-fever, it's librealisam and the pathetic people who move there for the state's hand-outs.

(What perturbs me here in my part of San Antonio is that there are few poltical lawn signs. But the few that I see are all for Obama. WTF is that all about???!!!! It's like a bad dream. Did I move to the wrong part of San Antonio or Texas?
--Curtis
 CozySpot4u
Msg: 75
Posted: 10/18/2008 11:00:05 AM
Delta Flight 666 (To Hell and Back) -- I'm from Seattle, so it's nice to see that Bright Ball in the sky on a regualr-basis!
Show ALL Forums  > Texas  > What brought you to texas!