Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Single (never married at all) men over 45      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ifixpcs
Msg: 376
Single (never married at all) men over 45Page 16 of 28    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28)
Tukabirdy - I am 53 and never married - But I have had long term relationships - three I would have happily married. The first one I will call M. was issues regarding her son being at a difficult age made it impossible at the time - we both tried but rightly she had to choose young son. K wanted to marry me but also wanted children and for some reason I cannot father so that was a deal breaker. S. I met at a financially (for me) difficult time and there was to much of a wealth gap and i could not afford the holidays or lifestyle she wanted. I would like to meet someone for an exclusive relationship and marriage but fear that it may not happen for me
 Fifi47
Msg: 377
Single (never married at all) men over 45
Posted: 11/20/2011 12:42:01 PM
^^ look for a teacher your age who has not been married who does not have children--no child to deal with, she knows how to be frugal and is too old to have a child, and she has time off to go on a nice vacation that does not cost a lot of money.
 bonanza305
Msg: 378
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2011 5:49:17 PM
Wow...I'm 49 and have never married...no kids. I have had several relationships over the years...But just never found the right one. I find many women just want to be married...no matter what. I had two close calls. Once in my 20's and again in my early mid 40's. Both women after we broke up..immediately met someone else and were married within a year. That concerns me. You should know each other and be into each other before making that decision. I'd rather remain alone...than be with someone that would make me miserable.

We are all individuals and it's not fair of you ladies to assume all the time that there is something wrong with a man near 50 that has never married. I've been around married people all my life. Some good stable marriages...most end in divorce. What's wrong there?

A single man that has his stuff together and is responsible..owns his home...wants someone to love just as much as the next guy or gal. Be nice to just find a lady that has never marrtied or at least never had kids. But that is not a must. I love kids...I really am missing out on never having kids. Would not mind a woman with kids at all. But you lkadies with kids..never have time to date. LOL

Anyhow...I've been on here a couple years and have never particiapted in the forums. Never thought to check them out.

kandlekid
Msg: 379
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2011 10:01:48 PM
Well, it's not entirely up to them, is it ? I'm sure that all of us want to be married. Either you never found her/him, or you did, and they didn't see it, or you missed the opportunity. Or something else. A lot of things have to come together for marriage (at least that's my opinion). For some of us, those things just didn't come together.
 beautyincreation
Msg: 380
Posted: 11/20/2011 10:23:52 PM
me to, however if you have ever been married before there is a good chance there is an ex wife , children , alimony, possibly court cases pending so I guess single may be different from being divorced . Not damaged goods just a bump or some bruises in the road.
 tornadoadv
Msg: 381
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2011 4:26:34 AM
I wish that I had remained SINGLE, I had a VERY good job that I had to leave, to get married, so she could live near her Mummy!! - I now wish that I had insisted that she moved to where my job was!! - MY marrage didn't last that long, cos her Mummy interferred in EVERYTHING that we did, - She obviously loved her Mummy more than ME!! lol
 Paderic
Msg: 382
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2011 8:55:28 AM
I'm surprised this thread is still getting much mileage.

Bottom line- if a woman won't give me a second look because I haven't been married, she's doing me a favor. I wouldn't get along with someone that relies on stereotypes and preconceptions anyway.
 Fifi47
Msg: 383
Posted: 11/22/2011 9:29:07 AM
^^touche-I say the same thing about men. It does seem as if 99% of the men I have met in the last few years seem to prefer divorced women with children, even the men who have not been married.
 albinosquirlz
Msg: 384
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2011 7:48:59 PM

It does seem as if 99% of the men I have met in the last few years seem to prefer divorced women with children, even the men who have not been married.

hmmm....been finding I belong to a lot of "1% clubs" lately.

To add to the pot...not only am I over 45, single-never married-no kids, I also haven't been in "committed" long term relationships...or short "casual" ones either. And no...not "whoring" around either. And yes, I like the idea of one day having a wonderful life-long monogamous relationship, which can or cannot include marriage/kids (IOW...I don't suffer from some strange social disorder)

The only reason a man over 45 would be single-never married-no kids... is by choice.

So why would a man choose that?

There aren't that many reasons. Some are good...some are not so good...some are just benign.

But remember one thing...the only advantage other men have is....they have more experience at failed marriages. And that really isn't an advantage.

I have a theory that people from failed marriages who are wary of never-married mature men are really just projecting their failures onto those who haven't.

***DISCLAIMER***
The above opinion may be highly biased
 SWroadrunner
Msg: 385
Posted: 11/23/2011 12:23:02 AM
I dated 2 different men over 45 and never married, no kids, no pets. Big egos, big toys, Careful with their money. (generous consideration instead of saying cheap). Self centered and no real experience or no clue of what sharing means. Never married scare me. Never took a risk on feeling it all.
However my sister did marry a never married over 50. So far I have not heard any complaints. They did not meet on a dating site. They met doing a common activity they both had the means to support via a club for that activity.
 Paderic
Msg: 386
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2011 5:37:35 AM

I dated 2 different men over 45 and never married, no kids, no pets.

Based on a sample size of two you stereotype them all?

I've dated more than two divorced women that had issues, but I refuse to believe that a few bad apples doesn't mean the entire orchard is the same.
 Castor1963
Msg: 387
Posted: 11/24/2011 6:38:11 AM
Single and divorced are in know way the same thing
 SWroadrunner
Msg: 388
Posted: 11/24/2011 9:52:24 AM
Based on a sample size of two you stereotype them all?

Generally marital status is not a point I pay much attention to unless they are Married. My break point is Do you partner dance, Can you ride a horse. Of my narrowed field I dated 2 never married. ... My sister is married to a never married w/no complaints.
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 389
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2011 5:35:51 PM
A lot of African-American men who are "never married", and over 50, are closet gay men.....

And there is nothing wrong with being "gay".....I am not homophobic, I just don't want to be involve with a "down-lower..."
 Paderic
Msg: 390
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2011 8:35:27 PM

A lot of African-American men who are "never married", and over 50, are closet gay men...

A lot of married men are closet gays as well, I guess you'll have to avoid all men just to be sure.
 lastgotn
Msg: 391
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2011 4:13:13 PM
hi,im 48 single.engaged twice,never married.work came before commitment.hence SINGLE at 48
 kandlekid
Msg: 392
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2011 8:45:26 PM

I dated 2 different men over 45 and never married, no kids, no pets. Big egos, big toys, Careful with their money.

Your sample size is too small. :)
 mdgs
Msg: 393
Posted: 11/28/2011 3:56:31 PM
Well in my experience this turned out to be an outright lie. I know someone who has been married 2 times but lists single. I don't understand the motive behind it; it all gets discovered anyway doesn't it?
 WanderingRain
Msg: 394
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2011 8:39:27 PM
"single"
a boxer with x number of wins, x draws, zero losses

"divorced"
boxer with x number of wins, x draws, one or more losses.

big difference

UNDERCARRIAGE
Msg: 395
Posted: 12/1/2011 9:09:27 AM
I hate the word divorced, and as far as men's profiles that read basically no children and never married does make me think a little.
 CountryGirl4luv
Msg: 396
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2011 4:29:28 PM
I totally agree with you gone7077. I am over 45 and never found the right guy. I have been in many relationships, including an affair with a married man for longer than I care to admit. I was looking for a father figure having been abandoned by mine when I was 5. So I guess I hung in there because he would plead with me that if I wasn't there after he left his marriage, he would kill himself. That never happened but I was young and foolish. After that there were a series of other relationships where no one ever really proposed. I guess you could say I know what I want and just have not found it and when I do, they are not willing to commit. So...I keep the faith and continue to hope that my Prince Charming will eventually materialize. I can't have the family and traditions I always wanted but I can cherish my one and only true love :) I'm such a hopeless romantic.
 BEACHBUM611
Msg: 397
Posted: 12/23/2011 9:36:24 PM
I'll give my answer. Marriage is not easy and you can see by the high divorce rates. Marriage is not like it was many years ago and it's frustrating when people that where or are married think just because I was never married that I don't know what's going on in the world. I tell them, you don't need to get hit by a car to know it's gonna hurt and is dangerous. You must realize women don't need men like they did back in the day, they're their own bosses, drive their own cars, make plenty of money and they are quick to tell a man to get his sh*t and get the f*** out in heart beat if he does something wrong. Marriage is marriage anymore, it's a business, all about benefitting the woman and the man loses out everytime. And you think men want to go through that madness? Some do because they didn't know any better and because love is blind. And lots of married or divorce men always say, Don't ever get married, you don't know how lucky you are"!!! I know, I never been married so I shouldn't know these facts.
 just8thnx
Msg: 398
Posted: 12/25/2011 6:09:51 AM
Had I been smarter I would never have gotten married.
Careful with money? what does that mean? Was he cheap or were they just unwilling to "piss" money about trying to make you happy or get you to like them? You dont get rich or retire early writing checks.
My bigger fear is the mid-forties woman who has never had kids, but wants 1 or 2. Yikes! You have spent your entire adult life in a selffish fugue and now want to prove to all those people you have spent years giving parenting advice too that you have been right all along?
 1388SmartBlonde
Msg: 399
Posted: 12/26/2011 8:59:02 PM
I was married for 27 years before my marriage ended but I prefer Single to Divorced. I think the biggest indicator of relationship viability at our age and on POF is whether someone has ever been in a relationship longer than 10 years. If not, then don't expect they will be with you very long.
 ixtlan09
Msg: 400
Posted: 12/27/2011 7:45:46 AM
Anyone who is forty-five and has never accumulated any baggage is incapable of accumulating baggage. Meaning, they don't invest themselves in their relationships.

The odds say if your single at forty-five you will be single all your life.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Single (never married at all) men over 45