Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > "Intimate Encounters" ???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PleasureGirl
Msg: 26
Intimate Encounters ???Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
My profile is very real. Yes, I am looking for an on-going intimate encounter. Reasons: Not interested in dating (last experience was really bad), went over a year without sex cause I didn't want to "deal" with bar guys, too lazy to get all dolled-up to go out looking for some, and generally, I don't really care if I get some or not. Men are all too accomodating when it comes to IE.
Personally, I'm looking for ONE guy, that's right, just one. Not looking for a different guy every day of the week. I hate one-nighters. Also, I am not a drive through...I get emails like "I'll be in your area at 12:30 today"?? What the hell is that? Then there are the guys that I am somewhat interested in, and when I ask them about what they can do for me, they're like, Oh-I don't go down, or I don't like kissing - sorry not interested in THAT! I'm not a servicee station. Anyways, I guess my point is - some guys may not think I'm "real" because I don't answer their "I can be there in 10 mins" emails, or after talking to them a bit, I realise I'm not interested in having this guy in my pants. I find that guys think Intimate Encounters means "someone, anyone, right now!" I doesn't for me. So, if that means I'm not real - then I'm not real. I just want people to know that IE, to me, is a little more than just sex and goodbye. A little connection needs to be made. And, let's face it, a girl with IE on her profile gets more than enough emails, that she can pick and choose from. Good Hunting everyone! Oh by the way - "I'm really horny" and "do you want my big fat cok" is not a good opener either.
 PleasureGirl
Msg: 27
Intimate Encounters ???
Posted: 6/1/2007 2:23:02 AM
One more thing - at least i'm honest about it! I get guys looking for hang out, friends, dating, long term - are we just fillers till you find your mate? IE's are people too - treat us like we are! You won't be disappointed! JMO
 jewelescent
Msg: 28
Intimate Encounters ???
Posted: 6/1/2007 5:55:18 AM
Pleasure girl so you're looking for like an exclusive F.buddy? That kinda makes sense. Goodluck!!
 horny one
Msg: 29
Intimate Encounters ???
Posted: 6/2/2007 11:35:01 AM
What is wrong with wanting to have an "IE" ?
I don't think there is a problem at all. Whether it be a "one nighter" or and "on-going" encounter, I would like to have an oportunity to prove to you that I can be around for a little more than the "slam-bam-Thank you Mam" deal.

Honesty, for sure it has to be there, if you have a question for them, ask and I'm know that I for one would be happy to tell you.
 lfrs
Msg: 30
Intimate Encounters ???
Posted: 6/2/2007 2:12:28 PM
Gosh, People are soooo different, from all over......have differences of opinions, many making sense in a way.......
Perhaps those who are Direct and Check "Intimate Encounters" are more honest than others.........who knows? Some don't Want to meet just for Sex, but want something more......some play so little on the Value of Sex other than a physical release.....then others want the physical and the emotional, too.......everyone has his own reasons for being online........

Maybe I am too serious .....out of step with the expectations of today.....far behind in what's 'standard or acceptable' by today's standards......

Still, I want something Special and Meaningful, where is a real possibility that this could lead to something Serious......Gawd.......I MUST be getting old!!
 horny one
Msg: 31
Intimate Encounters ???
Posted: 6/3/2007 4:27:29 AM
I guess that some people do take sex for just a release. I like to make sure that my partner is stisfied and happy after an encounter.
I have found that if my partner is satisfied and happy, then I will be as well.
I'm glad to see that you believe that most people ar honest in posting their feelings on here, I for one do believe in honesty as well. I do not like head games at all.

wetnwildflirt
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Intimate Encounters ???
Posted: 6/3/2007 7:50:33 AM
after reading all these posts and having intimate encounter on my profile I feel I am being called down and thought of as a fake, and a slut, do you ever really stop to think that maybe some of us do sensor the men we choose to have sex with? Intimate encounter is not just a wham bam thank-u in all cases, ****ing is ****ing and then there is the chat with them see if there is a connection and ****ing is more then just ****ing it is about the intimacy in the deed. As for the whole bar scene thing well I for one managed a bar while going to school and honestly it completely turned me off of picking guys up in bars.......but I for one just don't look on the net, I am very active in playing sports, I am here on POF looking for more of a variety and hey if there is a connection cool if not well I keep looking.....so if being on here under intimate encounters makes me a fake or a slut so be it, but it seems the double standard issue as it is okay for the males to post it but not the females.........welcome to the real world of fishing.
 Quest4Bliss
Msg: 33
Intimate Encounters ???
Posted: 6/3/2007 8:22:26 AM
Keep in mind, if a woman is single, really good in bed and gives great head. How did she get that way?

and your point is???

sounds like you are slamming women who like sex to me ... which seems ironic coming from a man.

personally, i can appreciate a man who has developed certain skills in the bedroom, and i realize he developed them before he met me. so what?

*mandrake*
Msg: 34
Intimate Encounters ???
Posted: 6/3/2007 8:27:31 AM
Oooooh.....a Louisville slugger! ^^^^^ everyone is here for different reasons! That's cool by me. Good luck to all.
 Low_Maintainance
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Intimate Encounters ???
Posted: 6/3/2007 8:42:40 AM
Why are there so many narrow minded people around.......
Stache I consider myself good in bed I have been told a number of times by a number of people that I give extremely good head lets take a walk down memory lane and see how i got that way.........
Married for 9 and a half years with him for 11 then into a relationship for a further 3 years and then into a 12 month relationship. Does that mean i'm a S**t or does that mean when I do something I enoy I put 110 percent into finding out what my partner likes.
I am here to talk and email and okay maybe throw a tad of cyber sex in for the fun of it.
But the bottom line is I have the added benefit of knowing people that I am able to have an intimate encounter with so I don't rely on the net for that. However if there is the need and both parties are willing what the hell is the difference in meeting somebody in a bar and taking them home........The difference is that you haven't labelled your self as wanting that.
I am an open minded person who is sexually adventurous but in all the years I have been sexually active I have never had a one night stand and I have never slept with a complete stranger.
Most of the profiles I hae read and mine included has mentioned the importance of honesty so if a girl or a guy for that matter has the courage to be honest about what they are looking for what the hell is the problem with it. It saves time wasting and disappointment.
 a_sweet_fishy
Msg: 36
Intimate Encounters ???
Posted: 6/3/2007 8:44:44 AM

and your point is???

sounds like you are slamming women who like sex to me ... which seems ironic coming from a man.

as a single woman, of a "certain age", i personally appreciate a man who has developed certain skills in the bedroom.

Gee, I kinda took his comment to mean "don't look a gift horse in the mouth"......you know, if she is good she HAS to have had practice. If you want good sex, don't complain about how she got that way. I didn't see it as a slam at all. :)
 Quest4Bliss
Msg: 37
Intimate Encounters ???
Posted: 6/3/2007 8:51:32 AM
sweet-fishy:

that's because you're sweet. ;)
 cute_red_mandy
Msg: 38
Intimate Encounters ???
Posted: 7/7/2007 12:56:43 AM
I choose to list myself on here because I'm married, its easy to set up "dates" and I can preplan it, prechoose a partner, chat a bit before I would meet them, and its just convenient.

Its a lot easier to do being married this way than just hoping for a random hookup.
 shieldvulf
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Hey Mandy
Posted: 7/7/2007 6:20:40 PM
Red, I've got some real-life stories that'll curl your kink tight as new shoes. And I'd love to swap.

But I don't initiate messaging anyone who selects "Intimate Encounter." My reason? Far too many charming and attractive women have set a block on anyone who messages you. POF actually defines you as second-class citizens, who can be blocked as a group along with anyone who shows interest in you.

Which I find ridiculous. While we may have some idea what we're looking for, it's madness to exclude unexpected pleasures that come our way. Personally, I want to find a stable partnership with some edge kink to pass the time amusingly. But I've gone wholesome and domestic before, and that worked for me, too. I've also sailed that ship passing in the night, and I'm a better man for it.

As for the disapproval that's bugging you, ignore it. Remember, adolescents first define themselves by rejecting the things they don't want to be, especially their parents. With maturity comes personal affirmation, saying positively who and what I am and want to be. Some people never mature out of the adolescent practice, never affirm themselves, and so can only affirm themselves by disapproving of others. It's interesting to me how many of them disapprove of those of us who know what we want and go get it, ignoring the backbiters. That tells me they are jealous, if not of our pleasures, then at least of our fearless choosing.

So, come back if you've got stories to tell, Mandy. I, too, love a good one.

Cheers!

Vulf
 rodd26
Msg: 40
Intimate Encounters ???
Posted: 7/7/2007 8:18:09 PM
because some women don't want to put up with a guy acting fake when they know he just wants to fucc them too... women can be intelligent also, use it to your ad.
 bear45408
Msg: 41
Intimate Encounters ???
Posted: 9/4/2007 12:52:51 PM

So why would a female put "Intimate Encounter" as her reason for being on POF?
Just guessing here, but it's probably because she wants an Intimate Encounter.
Somehow I get the impression that there's something wrong in the OP's assumptions. There's nothing wrong or unusual for a woman to want sex. So what is a she supposed to do? Go to a bar and pick up someone? This, at least gives a bit of a chance to filter people.

Just because she wants sex, doesn't necessarily mean she's indiscriminate about who she has it with. She may still not be interested in sex with YOU!

Sorry!
 asteliapuff39
Msg: 42
Intimate Encounters ???
Posted: 9/4/2007 1:14:09 PM
thanks!
why put up with some guy that talks about how he wants a gf when we know he just wants to screw... and guess what? I wont lie either, sometimes I just want that too! we are all humans! and we have sexual needs...
 Chivo_diablo
Msg: 43
Intimate Encounters ???
Posted: 9/4/2007 1:16:11 PM
hey, they are being honest. Thats a good quality in my book. And just because they list that doesnt mean they wouldn't be open for more with the right person. At least it wouldnt for me.

But I don't initiate messaging anyone who selects "Intimate Encounter." My reason? Far too many charming and attractive women have set a block on anyone who messages you. POF actually defines you as second-class citizens, who can be blocked as a group along with anyone who shows interest in you.

Thats very true. Putting other isn't much better though. In my case it means I'm not looking for anything in particular but I'm open to the possibilities.
 DallasFlier
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Intimate Encounters ???
Posted: 9/4/2007 2:06:56 PM

as I said earier, I was looking for sex because I wanted sex. I am married, certainly not looking to "bag a man" I already have, jsut HATE going without when he is gone for months at a time. Yes, he knows. :)

If he knows, as you contend, then why do you list your marital status on this site as "Prefer not to say"?? Just who ARE you trying to be less than honest with, if you're as honest as you claim with your husband? Color me skeptical - honesty would include HONESTLY listing your marital status in your profile.
 Moongroove12
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Intimate Encounters ???
Posted: 1/11/2013 12:55:23 PM
I just wanted to point out a pet peeve of finding profiles that say "looking for intimate encounter"...but then below, "do not message if you are looking for a casual encounter"...huh???
 natgoat227
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Intimate Encounters ???
Posted: 1/11/2013 9:44:23 PM
The ~I.E.~ choice is just a way for people to shoot themselves in the foot!!
Most people that have that in their profiles don't get much attention....as opposed to someone looking for
an LTR...and willing to discuss ~Intimacy~ at their own pace...
....What is appropriate...and When!
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 47
Intimate Encounters ???
Posted: 1/11/2013 11:00:29 PM

I just wanted to point out a pet peeve of finding profiles that say "looking for intimate encounter"...but then below, "do not message if you are looking for a casual encounter"...huh???

That would likely be because they are looking for a FWB relationship and not interested in hook-ups.
 36steveo
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Intimate Encounters ???
Posted: 1/28/2013 8:26:09 AM
their mentally incappiable of knowing what they want:modhammer:
 hopereed
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Intimate Encounters ???
Posted: 1/28/2013 8:39:03 AM
you can look for sex but not on here some people that you meet will lie if they have somthing
 Dolphinelover
Msg: 50
Intimate Encounters ???
Posted: 1/28/2013 9:05:38 AM
Maybe some are in certain situations that they don't like and cant get out of at the time,so they are looking for someone who understands that or going thru the same thing as they are. All situations are different,that is why we should really never judge before knowing the real facts,even if we don't agree with things.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > "Intimate Encounters" ???