Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What type of cologne/perfume turns you on or that you prefer you mate      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Anita71
Msg: 51
What type of cologne/perfume turns you on or that you prefer you mate to ware? Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Hi Acecloak,

Its really all about just preference and what smells the best on you personally. Not everyone can wear every scent. The person who mentioned body chemistry in this thread hit it right on the nose.

Its a hard thing to do if you just smell it on someone, or in a magizine. You really need to go and 'try' it from like a fragrence counter, or somewhere those pain in the rear sales gals are that spray you as you walk by LOL.

Smell it first, if you like it, spray a bit on yourself, just a bit! Then see if it goes well with your body chemistry.

Drakkar is one of my favorites on men, (men who it goes with their body scent) just because it smells manly, and mysterious to me. Kind of a classy sent. Its not the everyday dime a dozen cologne's that some men BATHE themselves in. Its got a scent that makes me think of men that are willing to take care of themselves and are confident with who they are.

But thats just me. Its my preference. As for it being an 'older man's' cologne, well, mabye ......but i'm not exactly 18 anymore either lol. I'd prefer an older mans scent. But I really dont think its exclusively for older men. I would find it just as attractive on a younger man if it went well with him.

Just find out what works for you. Thats all. Its a very personal choice. And not every scent is everyones cup of tea.

*Still waiting for OTB to let me come smell it on him*.........
Anita
 Texas_Beefcake
Msg: 52
What type of cologne/perfume turns you on or that you prefer you mate to ware?
Posted: 4/30/2005 3:31:54 PM
Victoria's secret's

"very sexy"
 gurlznotgrey39
Msg: 53
Posted: 4/30/2005 3:44:26 PM
Victoria's secret...."Very sexy" for him is great I have to agree

for a woman,

Victoria's secret...."Rapture"......(my personal favorite!)
 Texas_Beefcake
Msg: 54
 SweetKristine
Msg: 55
Posted: 4/30/2005 3:47:03 PM
anything vanilla scented mmmmmm
on a guy im a sucker for a guy that smells like old spice....or obsession for men mmmm :)
 Paradoxx
Msg: 56
Posted: 4/30/2005 3:48:06 PM
drakkar noir (for men) is damned dangerous to women :)
 catman5169
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2005 3:48:33 PM
Thanks ladies, I have been taking notes!!!
In addition to those mentioned,I have some called Raw Vanilla...don't know who makes it, but have had several compliments from the gals on it.

My ex used to wear Eternity for Women, and, in spite of that, I still like it
 katchkrys
Msg: 58
Posted: 4/30/2005 3:54:52 PM
i wear GIVENCHY PIE its very nice used to wear D&G and had men asking me what i was wearing,not the effect i wanted LOL
 gentlespirit
Msg: 59
Posted: 4/30/2005 3:57:48 PM
ROTFLOL...wow, just look at ace run, will ya! who knew he had it in him?
 Anita71
Msg: 60
Posted: 4/30/2005 4:04:43 PM
I agree with Paradoxx

Drakkar IS damn dangerous to women....

But hey, I'm into a little 'danger' once in a while....
 Paradoxx
Msg: 61
Posted: 4/30/2005 4:22:04 PM
Fav perfume: Happy by Clinique

Need to perfume shop though, time for something a bit more mysterious and sexy...
Ladies, any suggestions on a good "make him melt" perfume?
 Anita71
Msg: 62
Posted: 4/30/2005 4:49:47 PM
Well, I like Happy as well.

But if you into a change, I also like Angel (i think thats what its called) from Victoria's
Its a more 'soft' female scent.

Also like Rare Gold and Far Away both from Avon.
Those are more spicy scents.

The men here seem to like cool water for women. I personally have never tried it.
 AngelicPassion
Msg: 63
Posted: 4/30/2005 10:23:00 PM
I love the smell of a man wearing Polo...Awakens all my senses.

I love an old classic, Tabu.....for the woman in me.
 WeekendHuntressKatelynn21
Msg: 64
Posted: 4/30/2005 10:25:46 PM
I'm a sucker for Country Stettson.
But I prefur that fresh clean scent of a man just getting out of the shower.
 coy
Msg: 65
Posted: 5/1/2005 1:29:04 AM
i'm just looking to see if there are any women in their 20's who like drakkar. all the ones here seem to be 30+. just an observation to go along with my older men use drakkar experience. when i go to check out colognes, sometimes i ask to smell drakkar and the person behind the counter always tells me it's something older men wear. funny though, my younger brother by about 4 years used to wear it.
 domesticated me
Msg: 66
Posted: 5/1/2005 1:34:18 AM
Shuttering with the thought. LOL
Exlamation or Charlie red on a woman is awesome.

Myself I use Drakkar Noir or Stetson. Depends if I want to go cheap or not.LOL
 Jody_Cassidy
Msg: 67
Posted: 5/1/2005 1:39:59 AM
Vanilla extract is pretty damn sexy.
 Paradoxx
Msg: 68
Posted: 5/1/2005 4:44:10 AM
Drakkar is not cheap...starts at about 40.00
Possibly why younger guys shy away.
 _Atlas_
Msg: 69
Posted: 5/1/2005 11:20:14 AM
I have to wonder if Drakkar has other versions of their cologne... there was a phase about 10 years ago here where every guy and quite possibly their dog too used to wear it.. I used to like it but when everyone started wearing it, I got tired of the smell rather quickly..
.. but it is not worn by guys around here so much anymore... infact I haven't come across it in quite a while
The stuff in the black bottle still sells EVERYWHERE though... it's not as common anymore but is cheaper compared to a lot of brands here anyway it got down to as low as $35 for a 50 or 75ml bottle at one point when it was really popular.. I'm not sure what it is now I

I like to wear one of a number of colognes (depends on my mood and time of day)

My main anytime scent right now is Paradise by Alfred Sung, but I've also been known to wear Bvlgari BLV, or Issy Miyake usually when everyone starts wearing them I switch to something else..

Davidoff's "Goodlife" is not bad too but is is better for the evenings as it is more spicey instead of fresh smelling..

I just get 3 or 4 different 30 or 50ml bottles and cycle through them depending on which I feel like and what the occasion requires...

also.. don't bother getting the bigger ones unless you really like it and wear it all the time as so many go a bit off after a year. (providing you keep them cool.. if you leave them on the dresser in the sun they will only last a few months or less)

.. there is nothing worse than when a person gets a huge bottle and insists on trying to use it up when the stuff has gone off... ugg rancid perfume gives me migraines
 formulaone901
Msg: 70
Posted: 5/1/2005 11:42:49 AM
I just bought somne Farrari and I have to say it smeels great and the ladies love it to. I also tried Black from Kenneth cole An I was not happy with it. normally I use Obsession. I alwas got good reviews.
 formulaone901
Msg: 71
Posted: 5/1/2005 11:43:41 AM
I just bought somne Farrari and I have to say it smells great and the ladies love it to. I also tried Black from Kenneth cole An I was not happy with it. normally I use Obsession. I alwas got good reviews.
 MissMandy
Msg: 72
Posted: 5/1/2005 12:50:55 PM
Have to go with obsession for men, tommy and eternity!!!
 Acecloak99
Msg: 73
Posted: 5/1/2005 4:05:41 PM
@Anita71 That was my quote I made and I know you have to try the cologne to see what kind of reaction it has with your body chemistry.

Your body chemistry can enhance the fragrance of your colognes/perfumes.

I’ll have to go to a fragrance counter and try it on me to see what the chemistry brings. Thank you for your help and advice Anita71, always nice to hear peoples opinions.

Ace
 Odalisque
Msg: 74
 Lonelostsoul
Msg: 75
Posted: 5/1/2005 4:15:00 PM
Looks like Drakaar has it. It's all I've bought since 1986. Although I'll be trying a new scent next week...muahaha!

On women: HATE vanilla....smells\reminds me of OLD people
but I love tatiana on the ladies. Mostly like them to smell LIGHTLY flowery.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What type of cologne/perfume turns you on or that you prefer you mate to ware?