Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > The Dumbest Thing You've Ever Done For Love...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Fly on the Wall
Msg: 51
The Dumbest Thing You've Ever Done For Love...Page 3 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Well, currently I'm in the process of doing something dumb. He doesn't deserve a second chance really....but if he asks for one, I know I'm going to give it to him. At this point its doubtful he will...but still. I found a note I had written when trying to figure out if I loved him or not....it listed how he made me feel, and what I adored about him...so I know I'm not ready to give him up, the note made me remember all the good things.

May be a dumb move on my part....I'm not sure yet. But if I don't try, I have the feeling I'll regret letting it end.
 pnayplayr
Msg: 52
The Dumbest Thing You've Ever Done For Love...
Posted: 8/28/2007 1:12:39 PM
i fell for it...this so-called *love*.

*dumbest thing ever*...
 Paprikash!
Msg: 53
Posted: 8/28/2007 1:14:29 PM
Turned to the internet - I'll let you know how it works out!
 happygolucky2003
Msg: 54
Posted: 8/28/2007 1:27:37 PM
Hey Genrae... the most dumb thing I ever did for love.. I am sorry to say I don't actually think I have... I have sat trying to think but I can't!!! how sad is that!

However in your story you know what they say... if you go out for revenge you should dig two graves!

Glad you seen sense and moved on...

Oh I know...I once wrote an ex a poem when I was 18 and he showed it to all his friends...I was mortified... and v. embarrassed.... needless to say have never given a boyf a poem I have written for them ever again
 tjay14u
Msg: 55
Posted: 8/28/2007 1:43:36 PM
Stayed in a marriage for 30 years because I love my kids so much.

They turned out OK I turned out OLD!
 ~transparent~butterfly
Msg: 56
Posted: 8/28/2007 1:58:29 PM
the dumbest thing I ever did was let him go and not tell him how much I loved him. I regret it to this day.
 shoree
Msg: 57
Posted: 8/30/2007 5:40:54 PM

Got the car taken away from me when I was 16, so I tried to use the riding lawnmower to see my girlfriend who lived 14 miles away.

Got stopped about 3 miles down the road by a cop who laughed so hard he almost wet his pants.

Do I win anything?

You win a round of applause! Great story...
 Gotmail?
Msg: 58
Posted: 8/30/2007 6:08:00 PM
I snuck into a tent full of soldiers and then into the sleeping bag of guy I had a crush on during a field maneuver. I then found out he was buck naked. We had only kissed once and I was really embarassed! I almost got us both busted! If I had it to do over, I'd pick a different guy! Was married too long unhappily. LOL

Ok, One more..same man, 22 years later.....................

Were almost divorced the year prior and reconciled, he then got orders to go overseas. Our household goods were shipped and he started his crap again..........verbal abuse, emotional barrages, etc. I was so torn, but determined to salvage this marrriage. He told me (one example of his lovely demeanor)........that I was stupid if I went with him, so I said.......maybe one day you will thank me for being stupid enough to go.

Well, THAT was the dumbest thing I EVER did for love.

veevee
Msg: 59
Posted: 8/30/2007 6:29:23 PM
Bond someone I was dating out of jail for 10 grand and that night they went out with their friends. They reside in prison now. Hell no I wouldn't do it again with my own money.
 horneschwoggle
Msg: 60
Posted: 8/30/2007 7:00:18 PM
Never going after the one that when she turned around and we first met, my head started spinning. I was in love and I had my chance that she could've been mine. But I waited, being shy, I said nothing and she got married. I still remember when my heart hit the floor when she told me the news. If I only told her how I felt...stupid...stupid...stupid.
...and if you want to know what was dumber? While she was married, I sent her a card with a picture of a boy and a girl watching a toy boat in the water. The color of the card was her favorite color purple and I wrote about what she said to me about "how serene it was floating on a boat in a lake out in the country". She probably thought I was definiately nuts ( now that I think of it, it was nuts) and I never saw her again.
I laugh about it now.
 Texican940
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2007 7:43:50 PM
Been in real love one time, and did every stupid thing I could for her under the impression that the feelings were mutual. Well, I was wrong. And then I screwed up some more.

We are now not only not friends, but not going to talk ever again. Helluva way for what I thought was a multi year friendship to end.
 Dany1180
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2007 8:51:26 PM
Well I wouldn't call it stupid...

A very old story from many years ago... After a break-up, she had gone to this club so I went after her with the hopes of trying to to make amends. Some cheesy love song with lyrics along the lines of "Don't let her go" playing on the radio reassuring me I'm doing the right thing.

Waited outside in line for about an hour in freezing -20 celcius before I finally got in there. By then I was completely frostbitten. Also, spent $15 bucks on parking, and another $12 to get in, all that just to get confirmation within a matter of minutes that indeed it was over.

And so I left that club within 10mn of stepping inside, with a slight disdain for Q92 Radio late night romance songs...

Oh wait, that was stupid.
 and now...The Amazing Eli
Msg: 63
Posted: 8/30/2007 11:06:45 PM
Nothing I did for LOVE was dumb.
 Winter Sparkle
Msg: 64
Posted: 8/31/2007 2:57:31 AM
I spent my gas money to go see him. I drove down a long boring hwy, dodging moose, deer, and black bears. Never again!

Anazdaddy
Msg: 65
Posted: 8/31/2007 8:07:32 AM
Oh man..I've done some dumb stuff really for love. A lot of minor things here and there that would make me scratch my head and ask "Why did I DO that". But the biggest things I ever did for a now ex involve long term personality and behavior change. Getting into way too much credit card debt to try to impress my first LTR. I am not talking about buying stuff for the house. I mean I was in college and used credit cards and student loan overages to buy expensive meals, toys, gifts and all that silly stuff. That and putting friends and family behind my ex wife or gf. Will NEVER do those again for a woman. Of course I'm not a 21-year-old BOY anymore either!
 mark_61701
Msg: 66
Posted: 8/31/2007 8:25:17 AM
I got married to a woman with hate man streak that runs thru her. Didnt show until
later after tie the knot. The result, she has a new lover "a woman" in my home. I packed
and moved away. I may have lost all material things because of loving the wrong
one, but I gained much more back, self respect.
 Anazdaddy
Msg: 67
Posted: 8/31/2007 8:35:58 AM

Waited outside in line for about an hour in freezing -20 celcius before I finally got in there. By then I was completely frostbitten. Also, spent $15 bucks on parking, and another $12 to get in, all that just to get confirmation within a matter of minutes that indeed it was over.

I don't understand what happened? Did you see her in there dancing with another guy?
 Dany1180
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2007 8:47:54 AM
Nah. Nothing that dramatic. We just talked a bit and it was clear there was no going back.
 SKA213
Msg: 69
Posted: 9/2/2007 9:04:02 AM
I took 28 aspirins and tired not wake up. I didn't work, and i woke up with one hell of a headache
 jewelescent
Msg: 70
Posted: 9/2/2007 9:43:40 AM

Ask me if and when cupid ever strikes me with her arrow. Never truly been in love so I have no clue.

Same here
 ohwhatever
Msg: 71
Posted: 9/2/2007 11:23:47 AM

I'm a bit of an airhead sometimes but I think that the worst/dumbest thing I do is the drunken email. It's the one thing that makes me cringe later and wish I could install a breathalyzer on my PC.

Blah blah blah *hic* Blah blah blah *hic* Blah blah *snore*

Dam I thought I wrote that !!!! hahahaha

Nope! It was me (I think... can't remember... better go check the outgoing mailbox...)

yrknightawaitsu
Msg: 72
Posted: 9/2/2007 11:27:58 AM
I was at dinner with my X (before I was her Husband). I was admittedly crazy about her and this was only our second date. I was telling her all the reason she should ignore "HER" X's stupidity and in the middle of a sentance, I told her I loved her... without even realizing it. After several more minutes of ranting on I finally noticed that she was still holding the same piece of shrimp near her mouth and had a peculiar look on her face. The rest was history.

Oh well.... I was never one to not speak my mind.
 BladingFool
Msg: 73
Posted: 9/2/2007 7:30:15 PM
To irreverent lass , Msg 27...Damn I hate when that happens...drunken email...Do you know where I could get one of those breathilizers lol.
 Naight
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2007 7:40:19 PM
Dumbest thing I did for Love= Put up with infidelity. I really wanted to be in a relationship with this person and was willing to chalk her wanderings up to 'normal human sexuality'. I was never unfaithful to her; as long as she was discrete about infidelity I didn't complain.
 fishGoFish
Msg: 75
Posted: 9/2/2007 7:57:04 PM
dumb da dumb dumb... gave up my job to move to his town, supported his career instead of my own, paid off his debts and into his retirement fund, lessee.....that's more than enough ain't it?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > The Dumbest Thing You've Ever Done For Love...