Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > The Dumbest Thing You've Ever Done For Love...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CarpeOmnia
Msg: 126
view profile
History
The Dumbest Thing You've Ever Done For Love...Page 6 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Believed my ex-husband when he said he wasn't the kinda guy that would try and take my home away from me. So......I took care of all the my mortgage,tax and utility costs during the 2 1/2 year marriage...and now he is trying to get half my home(literally...he truely believes he's entitled to $150,000.00...yup, he's blonde).

The dumb-blonde act on my part...not getting a pre-nup.
 mjr150
Msg: 127
The Dumbest Thing You've Ever Done For Love...
Posted: 1/27/2010 5:10:15 PM
Stupid? That’s easy, drink yourself drunken idiot. Consequences? It’s an absolute disaster lol
 SwimminWithTheFishies
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2010 5:12:20 PM
Join this site.
 annasthasia
Msg: 129
Posted: 1/27/2010 5:19:13 PM
Not sure if it is considered dumb... but...

I drove to the airport, roughly a 40 minute drive in the middle of the night in a full blown ice storm just to make sure my boyfriend would not miss his early flight back to his home town. It turns out the flights were delayed and oh yea... he was part of the flight crew...

The road was pure hell...
 BorneoBabe
Msg: 130
Posted: 1/27/2010 5:41:08 PM
ummm...to move to the other side of the world and to study a subject I didn't like and to live with him and his parents and his 6 siblings. Oddly enough, after we broke up I stayed in the country to contiue my year of school and the experience was really good.

I stayed with an abuser because I "loved" him....stupid.

I continued a relationship with a guy who was a seceretive **stard. After almost 8 months of a "relationship" I never even knew his private email address. One of our first conversations started like this, "What kind of medication are you on?" He didn't want anyone know I was staying with him. We were never seen in public. I can count on one hand, how many times we left his house in 8 months....young and stupid.
 walking the pooch
Msg: 131
Posted: 1/27/2010 5:50:16 PM
I married my second wife for love. She used and abused me.
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 132
Posted: 1/27/2010 8:39:50 PM
Many years ago, met a guy through a personal ad in the local city magazine (yep, that's what we did before the interwebz). He came on strong, swept me off my feet and asked me to move in together after only 2 months with an eye towards getting married the next year. Against my own better judgement, I agreed. We moved to a new place and then he dumped me 2 weeks later. I couldn't afford to move out, so I had to stay there for a whole year until the lease was up. Fortunately he traveled a lot and made himself scarce, and he did pay his half of the rent, so I almost never had to run into him the rest of the time we lived there.

I never made any mistake quite THAT bad again.
 *Mustard*
Msg: 133
Posted: 1/27/2010 11:41:25 PM
The dumbest... Well... there is nothing I would say was dumb or the dumbest thing because I've been raised to do the little things and don't be afraid to risk for it. There has been so many things that I've done and would do them all again and I've been in many serious relationships over the years many that have been multiple years 3, 5, 5, 3, 2. yes that's 18 years of long-term relationships but I'm 42 and have been dating since I was 15 of course the early ones were puppy love... But the 8 years that I was single many years in between the serious ones were there was fishing till I found one that I wanted to swim with for hopefully for keeps and even though it didn't happen... I'm still laughing and looking to swim without regret and without looking back.

Cheers,
 Minau
Msg: 134
Posted: 1/28/2010 1:05:53 AM
I can`t recall anything too dumb...except maybe going on a camping trip followed by a 5 day roadtrip to Oregon with someone I just met less then 24 hours...it was love at first sight what I can I say The dumbest thing my ex has ever done was drive 10 hours overnight and show up at my door the following morning when I tried to break up with him...I was shocked.
 Ambrosiax
Msg: 135
Posted: 1/28/2010 1:50:49 AM
falling in love........
 Terr430
Msg: 136
Posted: 1/28/2010 7:47:02 AM
The dumbest thing I ever did was to agree to buy a women a boob job and tummy tuck to the tune of $15K when we were only dating for 3 months and she was married and had not filed for divorce either. It went all the way to the surgeons office and when the paperwork to sign was put in front of me and the pen in my hand I then came to my senses and said NO. HOWEVER,

I bought her instead, Christian Loubitoun shoes for $1K and paid $8K for her daughters private school tution and gave her $4K in living expense support. So I guess I saved $2K.

@:-(
 BorneoBabe
Msg: 137
Posted: 1/28/2010 7:59:49 AM
^^^^^^^^

I hope your joking

wicked_desires
Msg: 138
Posted: 2/6/2010 5:33:35 AM
I was oogling someone's profile from a far and distant land and came across this one

Silliest thing i ever did, as wicked is not without a glimmer of honesty at times, if sadly lacking in morals but oddly never slippers

.... was get married to the wrong person
I got married after we fell in love then out
she prob got married to get us both back in love

* moral is, as wicked morals can be haunting at times

** dont drink a bottle of wine and say yes when the answer 500 times has been no

damn you magnificent Chardonnay
 cherryyblossom
Msg: 139
Posted: 2/6/2010 5:37:40 AM
staring and following people around. talking about an upcoming date nonstop.
 Snotsure
Msg: 140
Posted: 2/6/2010 8:11:06 AM
I would say

Paying for it with my credit card
 mickeymowss
Msg: 141
Posted: 2/6/2010 1:36:05 PM
Give me about 5 years, no 5 months, maybe till July, and I'll get back to ya,
haha
 halbailman
Msg: 142
Posted: 2/6/2010 5:18:27 PM
Modified the lyrics to a song and sang it at a karaoke for the girl i liked at the time...
but that wasnt love.

for love Perhapse it was taking a page from "Our song" and writing home every day while she was gone away at christmas only to break up shortly after..
 Cheryl A nn
Msg: 143
Posted: 2/6/2010 6:33:44 PM
Fell in love with my FWB, then it wasn't what I wanted it to be, just sex which it started out to be in the first place. Didn't go more, had to end, I really loved him. He didn't give a crap about that but he was honest. Will never see him again, and now don't even have the friendship. That's dumb.
 stuckinmoval
Msg: 144
Posted: 2/6/2010 9:06:36 PM
Oh man, I did everything for him! Then when I quit my job..... he left me.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 145
Posted: 2/6/2010 10:47:41 PM
Gave up a 75k a year job working 30 hours or less a week at 23 years old...

To move her to another city so she could go to school.

I took a 45k paycut and had to work 20 hours a week more than I had been.

And she complained about money. (she didn't work - just bought a lot of bras)

::FACEPALM::

-8sf8
 Aisfor_Amanda
Msg: 146
Posted: 2/6/2010 10:52:43 PM

Accepted his proposal and introduced him to my family. That won't ever happen again.
 luckyhot777s
Msg: 147
Posted: 2/7/2010 3:37:52 AM
Some might be thinking.....the dumbest thing was to join a dating site....lol
 searchinginmt
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2010 8:24:13 AM
flukeskywalker....VERY FUNNY!!!!!!!!

I bought a horse, not once, but four times for different "loves". I still have three of the horses. you'd think I'd learn. Every day when i feed I'm reminded of them...but love the ponies.
 hazyjinty
Msg: 149
Posted: 2/7/2010 8:51:29 AM
Beleived him when he said he couldnt performa certain sexual act because of a minor medical issue, found out after the divorce he had managed to do it others

Drove for 9 hours after dumping the kids with my parents, begging a work mate to do my shifts for me, paid for the hotel, paid for his food and drink and for him to mention at the end of it that he was getting back with the wife.

Let him come back into my life after disappearing, only to be told that the reason he had disappeared was due to the other woman he was shagging had committed suicide and he has lost his job, but it was alright as I would be there for him.

Changed jobs to make it easier for him, then he changed jobs and it wasnt easier at all

Put a westlife romantic slushy cd on during sex, totally killed the moment
 ProcolHarem
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2010 12:13:27 PM

What's is the dumbest thing that you've ever done for love
I got married

how did it turn out,
Not well

what were the consequences,
We're separated

and are you still with that person?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > The Dumbest Thing You've Ever Done For Love...