Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Never married & no kids      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SisterHavana
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Never married & no kidsPage 2 of 24    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)
I'm over 30, never married and no kids, so I'd be excited!
 wilder11
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 5/5/2007 8:54:19 AM
I'm 40 and never married, no kids. I guess you should make assumptions now. I don't have any kids BECAUSE I haven't been married!!!!! When families were important in this country, people weren't going out having unprotected sex spitting out as many kids as they could without being married. Oh well, I guess I am old fashion and believe a child deserves a mommy and a daddy. On the marriage side of it, I always promised myself that I would not marry unless it had a very very very good chance. Til death do you part.
 blew iis
Msg: 28
Never married & no kids
Posted: 5/5/2007 10:30:14 AM
when i see that in a profile i think its rare to have neither one happen to them.
there is many reasons why......if i'm interested i will find out sooner or later as to why.
 surferpaul74
Msg: 29
Never married & no kids
Posted: 5/5/2007 3:09:08 PM
i also never been married and no kids...... hopefully one day ,,, i travel and surf ....

women need to know that males need time to their self and not be up our butss 247........lol
 Air con
Msg: 30
Never married & no kids
Posted: 5/5/2007 6:54:28 PM
Assume all you like, but I don't want to have gotten married just because I thought I should...because everyone around me was/is, when I clearly haven't met the right woman yet.

And as for the kids issue, what would you think of a man who was generous with the fruits of his loins? I haven't wanted to bring children into this world because this world frightens me, as well as the aforementioned. Gonna make damn sure they have a good start in life by creating a good foundation for them, and that means settling down with somebody you want to spend the rest of your days with.
 lucky13
Msg: 31
Never married & no kids
Posted: 5/5/2007 7:32:37 PM
I don’t think it’s a good idea to make assumptions about anyone. I think some people have just chosen not to marry or have children for their own personal reasons. Now they’re taking a step and looking for a serious relationship. Who am I to judge anyone?
 ddream
Msg: 32
Never married & no kids
Posted: 5/5/2007 8:08:15 PM
Well I'm 38, never been married and never had kids, so whatta ya think?

Could it be I was married to a computer for years? Or is it that I just haven't found "The One"? You can always ask me and find out.. LOL Don't jump to conclusions if you haven't asked me. :smile:
 Jetplague
Msg: 33
Never married & no kids
Posted: 5/5/2007 9:23:24 PM
34 never married and no kids...people still ask me "why?". Well gee...I dunno...maybe because it takes two to tango? I don't know why I've not "found" someone as they all seem to pry, maybe the fates are being cruel to me and all those that haven't hooked up yet? People looking for reasons why we singles are still single must have a very non-interesting life of their own to start probing into ours huh?
 Karl the Hermit
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 5/5/2007 9:54:47 PM
Very soon to be 39 and still no ex-wives or children...

And damned happy for it!
 Magickman
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 5/6/2007 7:43:33 AM
Never married & no kids was my life ambition. I prefer the same in a date.

But I would not marry her.
 winterrenegade
Msg: 36
Never married & no kids
Posted: 5/6/2007 7:53:30 AM
i was married once, but we never had kids, i am 33 and do not have kids, i just figure it aint the right time yet for me too become a father
 Laidback_Catguy!
Msg: 37
Never married & no kids
Posted: 5/6/2007 12:56:45 PM
When i find my other half. I could handle being a

D.I.N.K

Dual income no kids!

All fun aside , just cause I don't have kids doesn't mean there weren't pregnancy's .. My first serious girlfriend got pregnant, but she also found out she had cervical cancer... So 0 of 1.. In the not so distant past, I got a girl pregnant.. 2 home tests said yes, then she went to the doctor and he said it was inconclusive.. Week later she returns to the doctor to find out that she was pregnant, but miscarried within the first 2 weeks to a month.

I hope it doesn't scare you ladies.. Better that you want us to have 4 kids? and an ex-wife ?
Alimony? Or 4 kids that aren't yours in the house. Sometimes it just takes time to find that special one. Maybe some look at us like were serial killers. But in fact we are still waiting for the special lady who blows are mind..

Just my 2 cents ..

peace all have a great tomorrow!
 Diebold
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 5/6/2007 6:42:50 PM
Assumption = make an ass out of "u" and "me". Just ask.

Me, I'm 33, and no kids. I wasn't ready. And guess what, I don't want to raise another man's children either. So that means I'm stuck dating younger women mostly, because most women my age have children and divorces.
 ohsogirliegirl
Msg: 39
Never married & no kids
Posted: 5/6/2007 8:36:57 PM
I cannot remember the last time I was out with a mixed group (single and couples) and was not asked in some form or another how on earth I got to be 38,not married,and no kids... like I had something they didn't want to catch...lol..... no matter what I say I see it in their expression.. something must be wrong with her...lololol... ya.. I have been busy...lol... not giving birth every couple of years... lolol....
I will give them this... I am ready.... (damn ...they win...lol).... at least for the married part....lol.....

Kathryn
 Marjabu
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 5/7/2007 5:09:08 AM
I would never assume anything of the other person except that they are smart. I am 39, never married and no kids. I would find it a huge bonus to find a partner with the same....
 Hopkino
Msg: 41
Never married & no kids
Posted: 5/7/2007 6:24:38 AM
Hear Hear. I am 31, never been married, and again dont have children. There have been a few close shaves and near misses through my years though!!!
Hell I wouldnt want people to have negative assumptions because I decided to be sensible.
we have all seen examples of failed marriages, and wothless parents. Just didnt want to be one of those statistics simply because I wasn't ready with any women at that time.....
That being said, I feel I am ready now, but seriously wouldnt rush into either of those aspects.....Just think of the damage my savings are going to take!!!!
 HDBone1
Msg: 42
Never married & no kids
Posted: 5/7/2007 6:53:55 AM
i have not been married an have no children im 43, if u read my profile u would see why..but im not giving up why get married just to be married, my grandparents were married 53 yrs......
 StarGazer417
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 5/7/2007 9:14:59 AM
The only thing I assume is that they are available. I'm 36, no kids. Haven't met the right one yet. I have met some people who assume I have "woman" problems and have been asked if I can have children. That was uncomfortable. What? Should I go out and pop out a child to prove my fertility? Would perhaps a signed document from my gyn doctor stating no apparent problems suffice?
 wildgirl_5
Msg: 44
Never married & no kids
Posted: 5/7/2007 11:02:09 AM
well when we met i did
so u are 31 and no kids? yep its true
why ? haven't found the right one yet to have kids with also i'm very shy to
but i have no complaints he is awesome with kids/myself and has over come the shyness turns out he is a keeper

kr8ztwin
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 5/7/2007 12:10:13 PM
never married, no kids. Thank god heh. I'm not saying I don't have my fair share of issues but you must realize that everyone experiences life differently. I truly started life at about 24 and have had the worst experiences dating so I've just decided to enjoy my life and see what happens. I've never been one to settle and after seeing my friends married and 90% working towards divorce, I'm not to worried about it
 daisie
Msg: 46
Never married & no kids
Posted: 5/7/2007 7:01:41 PM
What kind of assumptions?? I don't thin k so....to me its not very weird to be 30 and not married or kids. Not all that weird.

I do prefer a man WITHOUT kids....so that's a GOOD thing.

And I also prefer a man who has been married and is DIVORCED now....so that would be a BAD thing.

Those are just my preferences, but I don't ahve wild assumptions about anyone based on this stuff.
 schaeen
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Never married & no kids
Posted: 5/7/2007 11:06:15 PM
Well, either they're extremely busy and successful. Or they are not attractive (physically and/or otherwise). I would assume the latter since they are on this site.

If they say "I wasn't ready in my 20's", doesn't that mean they are/were immature? So, that puts them in the unattractive category.

That being said, I think we should notice that we're talking about Americans here. I don't know the situation in other English speaking countries or Europe. But in Korea and Japan it's completely normal to get married around 28-33. Getting married at 23 is freakish...only happens in poor, country areas. And they don't have kids out of wedlock. That's what abortion is for (in their view).
 maryrachelle
Msg: 48
Never married & no kids
Posted: 5/7/2007 11:40:36 PM
Schaeen how come you only gave two scenarios?? How about it was not the right time for me to get married in my twenties , and as for kids well i do not want them period. The last thing i need is some sniveling ,whiney ,snot nosed brat on my back. Hey if others want that , good for them . Someone has to breed i guess.Who knows i may never get married , and that would be just fine.I can be very happy being single. I find the longer i am single the more i like it.I am going to give finding the right man for me a shot though.What have i got to lose.
 Beyond The Sun
Msg: 49
Never married & no kids
Posted: 5/8/2007 2:07:40 AM
"I'm 32 and clever enough to not be married or breed :) I kinda expect the same in a mate."

lol your hand must be getting pretty tired by now....
 romu83
Msg: 50
Never married & no kids
Posted: 5/8/2007 3:59:51 AM
I can only agree with you on your points, as I am 33 never been married and with no kids.

The only suggestion I would add, is that after all the ones you have listed, is that I didnt feel like settling down. Just wanted to have fun and enjoy the life to the full, as for me when you go for the marriage and familly, the parties every nights or w-e stop. Well not full stop, but the number decrease and change to a more sociable aspect, like going to some friends for dinner, etc...

Maybe its just me, and the way I have been drought up ( I am French), but the familly is very important and you dont married someone just for the sack of it!!

As for the condoms and other ways of contraceptions, well everybody should use them until they decide to buid a familly...... Too easy to say oooops I forgot to put a condom because I was drunk (or else).... Its the responsabilty of both.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Never married & no kids