Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > What are YOUR plans for Mother's Day?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 who_the_fox
Msg: 26
What are YOUR plans for Mother's Day?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
If I am feeling better I will make the trip over to Surrey and take her for a very nice lunch.

Otherwise, it will be a phone call.
 HamNPineapple
Msg: 27
What are YOUR plans for Mother's Day?
Posted: 5/8/2007 4:24:29 PM
Candor1, sorry to hear about your mom passing on like that.... must be hard

Makes one think we have to appreciate all the people in our lives because they could be gone in a heartbeat. Tell the ones you love that you love them, NO REGRETS!
 ~Garden gal~
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2007 9:16:31 PM
Mother's Day....reminds me just how much I miss my mom. In her honour, I will go to church a light a candle..... just for her !!
 Mystery_lover
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/8/2007 9:40:26 PM
I sent my Mom her card today complete with stickers on the outside of the envelope:) I was going to handwrite her a letter but I ran out of time. I made a promise to send her one soon though.

And for Mother's Day, I'll be working - I wanted to let the other two employees that work at our desk (one is a Mom and one is a Dad) have the day off to spend with their families.
 jspudotoole
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2007 5:59:51 PM
Well, as I posted at the begining the idea was to spend it with mom on mom day but as it turns out I found out today that mother, sister, her husband, and my 5year old neice are off to P.V in the morning.

Oh well, you can't say that I didn't have her in mind for spend that day with her. But of course if I had known about this little vacation of theirs I could have seen her on this past weekend. Such is the communication, in the life of my family
 archeangel
Msg: 31
Posted: 5/9/2007 6:31:00 PM
I'm just gonna get through the fact that I'm a mother..

(mother of what?)

Just another day...

I may cook.

Mother's Day....reminds me just how much I miss my mom. In her honour, I will go to church a light a candle..... just for her !!

says it all. those who know me..know.

PS- WTf is with the K? That is a newbie in the way of the "Engish language"

I'm more than mortified.

K3VLAR
Msg: 32
Posted: 5/9/2007 6:55:58 PM
if there's any lonely moms out there, I'd be more than happy to come and keep you company

lol

I'll get my mom a nice hanging basket of flowers, and make her a nice card, maybe sit down and write a nice poem for her
 Whitetigeress
Msg: 33
Posted: 5/9/2007 7:26:39 PM
- hoping to go hiking if as beautiful as today, if not swimming or sitting at a cafe playing games while drinking various flavors of bubble tea lol

Is Mother's Day an important event in YOUR life?
- no.. just another day

Do you make an effort to thank YOUR mom for doing the best SHE could with what she had?
- wish i did

If your mom has passed away, what do YOU do to remember HER?
-i never forget, that's what i do

What does your family do for YOU if you are a MOM?
- my oldest brings whatever he makes at school

What do you want them to do for YOU?
- never forget my love like i never forgot my mom's
 thrashweed
Msg: 34
Posted: 5/9/2007 8:08:35 PM
think i'll take her my laundry

make her feel like the old days.

maybe get a dinner out of her too.

she'd kick my ass and tell me to go to hell if she read this.......

i'll do something nice.take the grand daughter over for awhile.sit and shoot the breeze.tell her i love her....shit that might make her

love ya mom................
 misseyes
Msg: 35
Posted: 5/9/2007 8:22:44 PM
^^ you are so sweet. I hope mom beats you with a wet dishtowel, mister.

I'm still undecided. My mom has to work most of the weekend now, and I may have to go out of town so we'll see. She doesn't always like my travelling back and forth to the island because she worries. She might come over there though, I swear she said the word "IKEA" as my dad was whimpering in the background.
 Pucks
Msg: 36
Posted: 5/9/2007 9:12:04 PM
It is an important day to me. I tend to get caught up in daily life so having a Mom's day is a good thing imo to show my appreciation. There should be a Mom's Day every month.

I booked a reservation for brunch for the whole family to attend. I also bought my mom a gift certificate for a hr back massage, a box of purdy's chocolates and a Starbucks gift card.

Happy Mother's Day to all those moms out there.
 liveluvnlaff
Msg: 37
Posted: 5/9/2007 9:27:27 PM
Sooo sorry to hear of your loss Candor

Misseyes...the "ikea" sounds more like "Ohhhh yeah"!!!! I love Ikea....gosh i miss living on the coast some times....

Reading other's stories makes me cherish every waking moment i have with my kids that much more and appreciate having the guidance of my mom up above and the love of my mom here on earth, walking alongside me.

Big hugs to all of you on Mother's Day......(moms, daughters, sons, etc etc.)
 n-r-gizer bunny
Msg: 38
Posted: 5/9/2007 9:34:51 PM
Tomorrow I will be thinking about my Mom as it is her birthday. At the end of the month I will be remembering her on the 3rd anniversary of her passing. Actually the whole month of May brings about a lot of fond (and sad) memories for me.

Here's a suggestion for a lovely afternoon with your mom if she loves art:

"Moms get free entrance this Sunday at the Vancouver Art Gallery in honour of Mother's Day."

as quoted in 24 Hours today.
 zoliiscool
Msg: 39
Posted: 5/9/2007 9:46:02 PM
well not sure but i gote her a nice card the magazine she wanted other than that nothing much just let her have her quit time by her slef yes i still live at home
 tdh46
Msg: 40
Posted: 5/9/2007 9:52:17 PM
My mom is has been sick lately and she is thousands of miles away in florida. I wish i could be there but it's just not possible this year. But i will reach out and touch her by phone or she might just do what she usually does, which is call me at 4 or 5 in the morning because she forgets the 3 hours behind in time difference lol. plus she worries about us running up our phone bill calling her long distance.

I will driving down to seattle to spend the day with my ex and my kids.

I think mothers day and valentines day, should be everyday.
 indahat
Msg: 41
Posted: 5/9/2007 10:19:53 PM
well i have to plans for that day, one to spend time with my mother and the other to explain to my kids that their mom isnt around...... as you can guess, i dont look forward to mothers day or any of the holidays.
 archeangel
Msg: 42
Posted: 5/9/2007 11:26:55 PM
More than the K..
I'm mortified I got the spelling of "english" wrong
Hiyaaa..

**teri**
Msg: 43
Posted: 5/10/2007 6:12:56 AM
I am SOORY you lost your mom...Candor1....my mom,s Health just started to fail.....

DANG scarey thought ..knowing she may not make her Next Brithday......

Keep her memories close at hand..guy...
 real deal 4u
Msg: 44
Posted: 5/10/2007 9:15:57 PM
Mother's day is a depressing day for me. I lost my only child on April 11/2006. This will be my second mother's day without her. I will spend it with my mother but it's just not the same anymore because I don't have a child to call me mommy anymore.
 indahat
Msg: 45
Posted: 5/10/2007 9:20:39 PM
one post up, so sorry to hear that, this is the one year for the loss of my baby. i will acutally call my ex on mothersday to say happy mothersday from the daughter we never got to know.
 real deal 4u
Msg: 46
Posted: 5/10/2007 9:44:04 PM
indahat, I'm sorry to hear about your loss also. It's a tough one
 indahat
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/10/2007 9:48:26 PM
and just to toss some humor in there, since my other kids dont have a mom should i get the mothers day gifts,, you know kind of steal a holiday... i think that would get awesome... i think i will have to deal with my lil ones on that,, but wish me luck.
 Dizzabella
Msg: 48
Posted: 5/11/2007 12:26:50 AM
It is "his" birthday and weekend with the boys... so I will be hanging at home or doing whatever I wish (almost ).

I sent my moms her cards and gifts ages ago; it's her birthday on Sunday as well.
I will phone her in the evening once the kids are home.
 bboop
Msg: 49
Posted: 5/11/2007 6:27:34 PM
Hopefully go out for lunch/supper with son if he gets his A$$ out of bed--which is doubtful

If I was back home I would have done a big dinner thing for Mom & the rest of my family for Moms Day--BBQ--few cold ones---
 withoutadoubt
Msg: 50
Posted: 5/11/2007 10:54:09 PM
I'm doing a fun run up at UBC in honour of my Mum (who died last year) and also for a friend's Mum (who just died a couple of weeks ago). Seems a fitting way to honour their memories....
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > What are YOUR plans for Mother's Day?