Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The one thing you miss most when you are single      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ~softEDGE~
Msg: 476
view profile
History
The one thing you miss most when you are single Page 20 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
i can't possibly just narrow it down to just one singular thing; there are too many fascinating variables...

when single, i miss
my one true best friend, my ally, my confidant and my lover all in one person
listening, talking and the quiet time with the one special someone to me
that one that i treasure completely, infinitely, no matter how frustrating we might be to one another sometimes, it is those times that are the real glue and challenge to being so right together, when everything just falls into a beautiful natural rhythm of life itself
sharing shopping, cleaning and cooking together, the trading off of chores the other despises that the other doesn't mind doing can make even mundane chores seem fun
while giving both a feeling of accomplishment and knowledge of a clean home
coffee, meals, sunrises/sunsets/moon/stars, bathing/showering lathering, lounging and sleeping in together sometimes
sharing those lil secrets, knowing looks and little quiet jokes no one else understands
quiet times spent doing our own thing in near vicinity of each other when words aren't needed because closeness is present
road trips, hiking, exploring, finding something beautiful in nature or sharing something together manmade, as in visual or verbal modes...movies, music, art, etc.
cozy comfortable snuggling and knowing i can give or ask for a hug or kiss at any time
whispers, those deepest soulful kisses that make toes curl and gasping for breath, turning us on fire inside to give each other that gift of endorphins 'n so much more
learning, sharing, growing together and being better because of day to day having the other in our lives
having my hand taken without words, out of the blue just walking together
eye contact, the special bond of being intimate and letting go completely
being in nature and sharing those beautiful awe inspiring times with my man
creativity and the inspiration it yields when shared
sincerely encouraging one another and knowing it's appreciated, wanted and sometimes needed by and for both
feeling protected as well as that natural instinctual feeling of caring for another, wholly
knowing in heart the other will stand beside us through anything to endure as much as we are proud to stand beside them; in both good times and bad, happy or sad...

dedication, sharing and loyalty that actually strengthens a couple rather than constrains them; two people can balance one another and give amazing insight to and for one another when they are healthy about keeping their individuality intact and those individualities are realized, respected, nurtured and encouraged so each may fully reach for their own potentials which thereby increases their reward and appreciation as a couple, in my estimation anyway...
 oggers
Msg: 477
view profile
History
The one thing you miss most when you are single
Posted: 12/27/2007 3:49:51 AM
Someone to do the washing up ... you should SEE the pile of dishes in my sink !!!

Man , I am going to have to find someone soon - I mean, I'm having to buy new crockery now ............ !!
 BECKIESDREAM
Msg: 478
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2007 6:58:25 AM
I miss knowing when I lay down to go to sleep , the person laying beside me with his arm around me holding me tight will be their when I wake up. To hear him say good morning, and is happy just being their....
 shelldavine
Msg: 479
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2007 7:18:26 AM
Kisses and cuddling, and the intimacy that is implied with a relationship
 dpb65glas
Msg: 480
Posted: 12/29/2007 8:59:18 AM
*One* thing?
I'd have to say the feeling you have that you are important (in a variety of very intimate ways, both physically and emotionally) to someone else.
Being single means that there is no one that meets those needs and for whom *you* can meet those needs. Nothing worse than feeling that you don't make a difference to anyone in all the ways that matter.
 virginiaborn
Msg: 481
Posted: 12/29/2007 9:17:45 AM
Hmmmm...not one thing..but two! Someone around to smoosh the spiders...gawd, after 9 yrs on my own with my daughter, I STILL cannot get the nerve up to kill one! Silly, I know. Still, the little 8 legged freaks know they're gonna live, because I freeze up, wonder if when I do try to kill it, it's gonna be dead, and not jump on me....by that time, they be loooooooooooong gone.

On a serious note...hearing a heart beating steadily in my ear, as I drift off to sleep, knowing all is safe in my world (and the spiders are scared!)

My few cents worth.
 kayfay
Msg: 482
Posted: 1/6/2008 11:27:08 AM
My goodness. I miss what everyone said on the last twenty pages, but also:

Having family, or at least someone that would take me to the hospital if I had to go, or whatever, since I don't have parents.

A certain sense of security that you think is boring when you're young and married, then find out that it really isn't.

A home that can be afforded on two incomes, and for which I was not solely responsible.

Health insurance that I didn't have to work for.

What I don't miss:

His girlfriends, motorcycles, and how awful he could make me feel about myself.
 tess100
Msg: 483
Posted: 1/6/2008 11:34:21 AM
oh def. the affection...things like kissing, snuggling, giving/getting a back rub...and the list goes on!
 Pam Martin
Msg: 484
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2008 10:28:59 PM
I love qcjoe's answer. For me it's a feeling of being a whole person........completed by the love of your other half. For me being without a significant other makes me feel like only half of a person. It is the love, passion and understanding of a love that makes us complete and whole. Without love in our lives, we are merely existing. Without intimacy and companionship, we are truly alone. And kissing, cuddling, wet kisses.....whew, somebody help me! I miss it all!
 et1000rr
Msg: 485
Posted: 1/13/2008 10:36:54 PM
having someone to miss
 acapellafella
Msg: 486
Posted: 1/13/2008 10:47:45 PM
Having someone who really knows me as I am..... and loves me anyway.

Wait, wait-- I should qualify that. Having a person who really knows me as I am..... and loves me anyway. I just realized that the first sentence fits my dawg, to a tee.
 kissdeeply
Msg: 487
Posted: 1/14/2008 4:32:18 AM
I miss someone to cuddle up to
someone to talk with
someone to go out and have dinner with
someone to go to movies
 sireel
Msg: 488
Posted: 1/14/2008 5:16:37 AM
watching her eat out of her little bowl. But pets are a lot of work. ;-)

Just kidding. Without another, one remains incomplete. What one misses most, will vary on your current needs; sexual, emotional, intellectual, etc , ...

a good cook lol
 sw91506
Msg: 489
Posted: 1/14/2008 1:06:12 PM
I miss dreaming that you're being cuddled, fondled, kissed....and then waking up to realize that it isn't a dream.............sigh!

Absolutely.....
 2BlovedeternalE
Msg: 490
Posted: 1/14/2008 1:11:49 PM
^^* What She Said!!! *^^
The closeness and affection of a partner that likes to return as much attention as _I_ like to give !!. . and ..
DEEP KISSES!!!
Siiiiiiiigh
 Adesola
Msg: 491
Posted: 1/14/2008 1:19:13 PM
^^^^^ same as above.

In the meantime though, if you can afford it, there's always this

video. google. com / videoplay?docid=3710987618964917848

they make them for women too.
 NewHorizon1972
Msg: 492
Posted: 1/14/2008 6:22:51 PM
Awesome softedge.. That's exactly what I was going to say....!!!!!! You nailed it!

Just 4 You
Msg: 493
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2008 3:43:37 AM
The stuff you see in Romantic movies.
Dating, dining together, going away for a weekend somewhere.
Swimming together, shopping for each other's Christmas gift, and on and on.
Watching a movie such as "The Wedding Date" is very romantic, but the
first time I saw it, I went home and got into bed and broke out in tears.
There's more to a relationship than just sex! There's Love!!!
 kimberlee64
Msg: 494
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2008 3:57:59 AM
Just passing through and caught this forum, Had to stop,
You pegged it in just what you said.
Your right
Hope you to also find what you want and need, It gets lonely out here in this world and when you keep looking and yearning for what you need, and don't get it, it hurts, Got that one marked, know how you feel, Just wish to be able to not feel it and live life happy, But there is always that " something" missing
Good luck
 kimberlee64
Msg: 495
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2008 4:25:21 AM
I like to read what every one has to say, But this Question is the best one so far.
But what gets me, I love reading what all of you men have to say, Love it, But, Where are you,
You all sound so great, whay are we all still looking we are all here and we all want and need the same things, it is all right here in front of us, and yet we are lonely and our arms are empty
The Question, Well, Arms around me, to let me know that I am loved and not alone, feeling secure and wanted, needed and just there
I love hugs, and kisses and just that touch in passing, to know that your there, we all seem to want it and yet here we are telling others the same thing. I love when I read what the men have to say, such tenderness and warmth, But where is it when we need it,
Oh, to dream, There are times I just want to be held and that is it, I am tired of holding in how I feel, I want to share that, without someone looking at me as though I am depressed or nuts, Just safe strong arms around me
Is that asking for to much
 Vintage VB Mermaid
Msg: 496
Posted: 1/15/2008 11:40:32 AM
Most of all I miss that profound feeling of being safe, protected and knowing someone is there to take care of you - if and when you should need it.
 classydetective
Msg: 497
Posted: 1/15/2008 11:54:35 AM
The phone call out of the blue
 naeco
Msg: 498
Posted: 1/15/2008 12:00:13 PM

Someone to do the washing up ... you should SEE the pile of dishes in my sink !!!

You too? Lucky we aren't roommates. You wouldn't be able to get into the kitchen.
 spixel
Msg: 499
Posted: 1/15/2008 1:14:00 PM
What I miss the most is my best friend, cuddling and waking up in the middle of the night ...
 evnstevn
Msg: 500
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2008 1:25:41 PM
Aside from bedtime, I miss someone cackling at my jokes.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The one thing you miss most when you are single