Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The one thing you miss most when you are single      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SunnyTexas
Msg: 201
view profile
History
The one thing you miss most when you are single Page 9 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
Someone to tell a funny joke to, or someone to comfort if they've had a bad day, cuz it cheers you up to cheer him up..sometimes.

Someone to help me dress the bed or notice the house is clean.

But the worst is the grocery store...ugh...it's so depressing, I just wander around, don't have a list, don't have meals planned, don't have anybody to ask..."Hey...do we need ketchup?"

That kinda stuff...but it's STILL * ALL GOOD * and I love bein' single. But it has it's down times.
 I-Hunt_Cuz-I-Can
Msg: 202
The one thing you miss most when you are single
Posted: 10/16/2007 4:04:38 PM
Someone to kiss as I walk through the door.
Someone to kiss before i head out the door.
 867love
Msg: 203
Posted: 10/16/2007 4:17:17 PM
i miss having my kids around full time. i loved hearing them walking down the street from the school bus. my son would always bring something home that rattled off inside of the school bus as a prize. my daughter would pick up all the citrus that would fall off the trees and cram them into her backpack along the way. -having a kitchen table full of wormy rancid lemons and her asking how to make lemonade... -how about i make you two a pitcher of kool aid instead?
 SunnyTexas
Msg: 204
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2007 5:21:46 PM
Oh and I miss the "community house shoes" that always stayed by the front door. Ours were Lamb Chops Slippers and they would somehow fit everyone in the house..cuz they were magic, they were for runnin' out to the car, or chasin' a critter away. My husband looked kinda silly in 'em but he had small enough feet to wear them. The Lamb Chops houseshoes on his feet and a shotgun in his hand, runnin' out to shoot a bobcat or coyote was a sight to see. They were also lucky houseshoes when our daughter would wear 'em outside to spy a copperhead.

No need for any now, cuz I got my own that fit perfect. No critters to kill, or snakes. I still think they're magic.
 Charliebrown1563
Msg: 205
Posted: 10/16/2007 5:26:45 PM
Making plans together, physical and emotional intimacy from making love to the simplicity of a gentle touch on my shoulder or face that makes my chest tingle inside. Her head on my lap, or mine on hers, the lights down low just being ourselves with out a need for pretense or show. The comfortable silence two can share when they are connected. Feeling at peace just by her presence in the room with me. Being in a crowd but always feeling connected, just by a knowing glance across the room into each others eyes. The feeling knowing she’s got my back, and her knowing and trusting that I’ve got hers. Someone to call in the middle of the day just to say “Hi, how are you, how’s your day?” Someone to call me in the middle of the day just to say “Hi, how are you, how’s your day?” Someone to wrap my arms around while we watch the sunset together. Calling the florist to have flowers sent…….just because. A reason to enjoy valentines day with reservations made for a wonderful romantic dinner followed by…… ( I think you can fill in the blank)

Conversation, laughter, sharing your hopes, dreams, and fears together. Falling asleep in each others arms at night, or on a rainy sunday afternoon snuggled up together. Waking in the middle of the night and looking at her sleeping, peacefully, and thinking to myself…..she’s beautiful. Caressing skin, everywhere, bodies woven together under the covers. Going to the grocery store and feeling like you have a purpose for being there instead of shopping for one as usual. The peace I felt knowing my kids were safely asleep under my roof as I layed my head down each night. Coming home to a house not filled with silence. Not feeling uncertain of the future, happiness, wondering if this is all the better it’s going to be from here on out? Will I ever find someone? Will she find me? Wow I really like her. Will she call me again……….should I call her? Will there be another date?

Someone to love………….someone to be loved by………

I can go on……
 wrobt
Msg: 206
Posted: 10/16/2007 5:30:17 PM
I PERSONALLY HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU. BUT EVEN MORE IS THE GENUINE CLOSENESS I FELT. LIKE WHEN YOUR ASLEEP AND YOUR PARTNER MOVES JUST A LITTLE CLOSER. I MISS THAT SOMETHING AWFUL
 kr8ztwin
Msg: 207
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2007 6:56:51 PM
just to have someone to be with you instead of having those quiet nights of self thought that never go well when yer lonely

theres a hundred things I miss but in my bad luck of relationships theres a 101 things I don't miss so it keeps me on the single side for now. I'm just waiting for someone to change the "odds" heh
 irish girl in mi
Msg: 208
Posted: 10/16/2007 8:41:37 PM
I miss having someone to lean on, or share good news with...i miss having a best friend...the late night intimate conversations, the ealry morning cuddling before facing the day...the simple things
 ~Myth~
Msg: 209
Posted: 10/16/2007 10:49:09 PM
The touch . . . the hug . . . the spooning . . .

lie to me
Msg: 210
Posted: 10/17/2007 12:03:38 AM
I missed having someone else be strong. I have to be the one 24/7, tow the line, carry the world, get it done, you name it. It gets tiring. It stresses you out. It wears you down. You just want to give up and go live under a rock. To have someone else come into my life and be strong - means the world to me.
 Showmethewit
Msg: 211
Posted: 10/17/2007 4:00:58 AM
Conversations over morning coffee...someone asking me and really caring how my day was....a hug when I need one.....a kick in the ass when I need that too....feeling connected and knowing it's mutual.....

LOL...and yeah...morning wood too!
 Shelley75
Msg: 212
Posted: 10/17/2007 7:30:58 AM
I miss the cuddels most and feeling close to someone
 FunFriends2011
Msg: 213
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2007 7:47:32 AM
I miss the friendship I can only have with a man...kissing hello & goodbye...helping with things around the house I (or my girlfriends, fam) can't physically do...the LAUGHTER most of all (in a male/female way)! Intimacy. They way a man holds me in public and private. I also miss the vulnerability a man can expose...means a lot to me. My girlfriends can speak freely about emotions and feelings, but when my SO exposes that to me...it means a lot.

Just a few of my favorite things...
 c_deacon
Msg: 214
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2007 7:53:44 AM
I think it is called "companionship", and when single and alone, that can go by the wayside much to often.

Life is to short to not have some companionship in your life, but then again, life can seem even longer if you have the "wrong" companionship in your life as well.

Just my opinion.......
 Meface
Msg: 215
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2007 8:06:26 PM
Dirty socks all over the apt.
 iluvparis
Msg: 216
Posted: 10/17/2007 8:36:11 PM
I miss 2 things:

Having someone you can call and share something that made you think of them...little things just between the two of you....or something funny that you can't wait to tell them.

Being touched....hugs, holding hands.....daily physical contact
 100prcntMe
Msg: 217
Posted: 10/17/2007 9:31:23 PM
I miss all the little things that used to drive me crazy.

I guess in a sense it is proof that you sometimes value and appreciate things more when you lose them. It is unfortunate when that happens, but you learn that the small things are not worth fretting over.
 rosesforyou
Msg: 218
Posted: 10/17/2007 9:36:12 PM
What I miss most is just having that person there in your life. A person who loves you for who you are and does not think your insane but they actually "gets" you. LOL

To love you and just being together, someone to hug and snuggle with.
 justme2270
Msg: 219
Posted: 10/17/2007 9:48:44 PM
....the anticipation of the next conversation. Wondering what they are thinking of, and looking forward to how they are going to respond to something wonderful that you did for them.
 ltlmissapryl
Msg: 220
Posted: 10/17/2007 10:34:40 PM
Intimacy, im not taling about sex. But intimacy on many different levels. Othrwise- i could have a BF ad have someone to kiss, cuddle, f*ck, hang out with, but without truely caring about that person and intimacy... its not worth it and thts why im single right now
 shakey1977
Msg: 221
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2007 1:36:28 AM
OMG there is so nuch to miss when you are single, way too many to list but one thing is coming home to someone you love and someone that loves you back, Showering, Hugging, Kissing and sleeping with someone and seeing the person you love the most as soon as you open your eyes that i s what i miss the most
 SassySky
Msg: 222
Posted: 10/18/2007 3:18:45 AM
Well, I think thru the years of me being single,That has changed some much. I miss most right now is the nightly spooning. I mean how safe, secure, dreamy and flat out yummy is it. when your guy has one arm under you. His leg thrown over you.. and the other other tucked over you holding you close..
Then to top it all of bring me that coffee in bed. OH damn such sweet memories
 GreatAttitude
Msg: 223
Posted: 10/18/2007 4:02:26 AM
Kissing that one special person who doesn't kiss anyone else but me. The one who kisses well and often.

Yeah...kissing.
 Just looking for....
Msg: 224
Posted: 10/18/2007 1:08:42 PM
the intimacy... (no thats not just sex)
 pepsigranny
Msg: 225
Posted: 10/18/2007 2:35:40 PM
The closeness,someone to just be there when you need them,the intimacy of love. Being able to give love as good as you get it.I just want a man to love me for me as well as i will him.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The one thing you miss most when you are single