Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why do some guys that look too handsome to be real go for average are      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CESSKA
Msg: 351
Why do some guys that look too handsome to be real go for average are ugly women?Page 15 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
some men love the personality cause that is all u see after a while
 mlsaarln
Msg: 352
Why do some guys that look too handsome to be real go for average are ugly women?
Posted: 11/22/2007 6:29:03 PM
Looks tell nothing at all about what is inside a person. Some of the most physically attractive people are downright hideous!

Bottom line; who knows? who cares?
 castleblanca
Msg: 353
Why do some guys that look too handsome to be real go for average are ugly women?
Posted: 11/22/2007 6:29:56 PM
Because your so pretty you match my shoes.
 Rickg1961
Msg: 354
Posted: 11/22/2007 7:09:59 PM
Look's ant all that it's the heart that really matter
 castleblanca
Msg: 355
Posted: 11/22/2007 7:14:15 PM
I could'nt help it, but you remind me of Buck Rogers a 70's Tv series and Glenn Campbell--both I had a crush on when I was a little girl.
 maximusglans
Msg: 356
Posted: 11/22/2007 7:18:57 PM
easy. ugly women are more greatful! They also dont mind that much if a man sleeps around..
 lighten_jack
Msg: 357
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2007 7:25:27 PM
in my oppinion they go for them cause an average gal or heavy woman is more kind hearted and they are a lower expectations than a pretty woman.pretty women are caught up in themselves well most that i have met.they care more about looks than who there with
 vnctvega
Msg: 358
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2007 8:22:25 AM
I would rather date a pretty woman than a beautiful woman anyday because Beautiful don't appreciate things as much. I have dated some beautiful women and it always seems they are looking for the next best thing. When I was younger it was all about finding the best looking woman I would be as I frow older I realize outer looks fade quick inner beauty last forever. She still has to be atleast pretty but not beautiful!
 life_of_leisure
Msg: 359
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2007 10:20:49 AM
By being non-shallow one racks up Good Guy Points, which can then be cashed in to get a hottie.
 cupholder
Msg: 360
Posted: 11/23/2007 10:31:55 AM
Did anyone ever stop to think maybe they find the average/ugly woman to be beautiful to them?

Yet another thread born of jealousy.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 361
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2007 10:39:07 AM
Perhaps they are worried that a relationship with a beautiful woman might cause competition for mirror and primping time.
 brock11
Msg: 362
Posted: 11/23/2007 11:08:20 AM
A woman that is unattractive to one man can be very attractive to another man. Believe or not, many men including myself would date an average looking woman because of her personality, intelligence and/or because they have a lot of common interests.
 seenmycat
Msg: 363
Posted: 11/23/2007 1:25:06 PM
In higher math it is called "Nash's Equilibrium". It is based on the premise that everyone else will try for the beautiful girl and all will end up with nothing. It is considered a very successful negotiating strategy. Rent "A Beautiful Mind" and watch it a little more closely.
Although mentally ill John Nash was considered brilliant. The answer to the question is the basis for modern game theory mathematics. Go and GOOGLE it.....
 EtchedOut
Msg: 364
Posted: 11/23/2007 1:57:27 PM
I think it's common for both sexes.

Some people are inscure (sometimes with good reason) that their partner will cheat, so by going for something that is clearly lesser than themselves, they decrease those odds ten fold.
 Cunning_linguist
Msg: 365
Posted: 11/23/2007 2:19:36 PM
Many above average looking people, male and female, have pretty much coasted through life on their looks and will be quite reliant on them

This in turn actually makes a hell of a lot of them inherently insecure and worried about what will happen when they fade

So its not uncommon for someone very attractive but also very insecure to be with a trogloditic mung rot for security, knowing that no matter how much their looks fade they will still be visually attractive to the munter plus the fact they will feel pretty sure their freakazoid was picked because they are even more insecure than they are and will be unlikely to leave them no matter what they do

And some of them just fall for the genetic misshaps personality too I'm sure

Oh yeah. almost forgot a reason

Ask the woman if she can put her feet behind her head, whether she can crack walnuts with her vaginal muscles or whether she can suck a golf ball through 20 metres of garden hose and you may have just found the third possible reason if she answers yes to any of those questions
 leannemarville
Msg: 366
Posted: 11/23/2007 3:04:38 PM
probably the same reason why ugly men have pretty woman........

come on is society that IGNORANT?
 Cunning_linguist
Msg: 367
Posted: 11/23/2007 3:06:05 PM

probably the same reason why ugly men have pretty woman........

come on is society that IGNORANT?

The ugly one is rich?
 sexyblkrican
Msg: 368
view profile
History
Why do some guys that look to handsome to be real go for average are ugly women?
Posted: 11/23/2007 3:27:52 PM
Attractiveness is truly in the eyes of the beholder! What is attractive to me may not be attractive to you and vice versa! Not everyone can be attracted to everybody! Beauty should be estimated overall...personality, looks, goals, values, morals, and compatibility! An attractive man with a horrible attitude negates his attractiveness, the same goes for a woman! I don't believe that you can look at a couple and judge their compatibility based on their looks...happiness is difficult enough to achieve in a relationship without having to worry about frivolous things such as wondering if society would approve of your potential mate!
 *UltimateHeartSurgeon*
Msg: 369
Posted: 11/23/2007 4:58:49 PM
Why do some guys that look too handsome to be real go for average are ugly women? Do they think these women will be better or easier to do or live with? Or are all women deep down basically the same except for looks? Is biology really that powerful?

If a guy is attracted to a woman, he's attracted to her. You might find her "ugly" but maybe he does not.

I've skimmed this thread and I'm not surprised to see two trends emerge

A) Anyone who is considered "good looking" must be shallow and a jerk and have zero personality

B) The assumption that someone saw past "traditional" behavior when it comes to attraction and loved the person for their "insides"

No one has the market cornered on being a jerk in life. I know plenty of thin jerks and plenty of fat jerks. I know jerks who are straight and jerks who are homosexuals. I know jerks who are single, single parents, married, retired, working, black, white, yellow, foreign, domestic, white collar, blue collar, whatever you can find to distinguish between people out there. Yes, it's nice to remind yourselves that good looking people have to squat over and take a dump every morning like everyone else. Just don't forget, all of us comprise the grand total of "everyone else"

The rules of attraction and the laws of dating don't change drastically for most people. If a guy is with a girl, he finds her attractive. If he pursues her, he finds her attractive. There is nothing wrong with his hardwiring, there is nothing extra special about her "insides" except maybe to him. By pointing out this issue, many people here are really saying no one should ever accept them for who they are ever. Then they proceed to point out and resent other for doing just that thing simply because it's different to their way of thinking.

I'm going to share something I usually don't share, especially in public.

I don't have a problem dating pretty much any woman I want most of the time. I'm not saying every woman in the world wants me, I'm saying I can go toe to toe with anyone in terms of just sheer Alpha competition. I'm "good on paper" to a lot of women. I've got good height, I work out, I have my health, I have a good job, I have a fairly socially prestigious job title to follow my last name, I am relatively young, I have money to my name, I own my own home and blah blah blah. I'm a great "paper tiger" that has a firm handshake, opens doors for women, lifts heavy boxes for old ladies and I even like to cook.

When you have a lot to offer, people don't fall in love with you, not most of them. They fall in love with "the idea of you". You fit these neat little boxes and as they go down the checklist, they find you suitable enough to bring home to their parents and show to their friends. If there's shaky chemistry, a lot of them will overlook it. The thought process isn't hard, "Well, I don't have too great of a conversation with him, but he is very stable" Often times, women will try to fit a round peg into a square hole simply because you look the part. After a while, you realize with most women, any "relationship" doesn't involved a "us", it just involves "her" and how you enhance her life. Here's a dirty little secret of dating that I think women don't want to admit. If they can't take any pride in showing you off to their friends or family or coworkers, then they don't want to sleep with you. Can good looking guys with cash get laid? Absolutely. Can they find girls who are interested? Absolutely. Can you find a girl who wants to marry you and punch out a few kids for you. Absolutely.

Can you find someone who loves you for you and will get to know you for you instead of how you make them feel about themselves by being their "show pony"?

The answer is I don't know.

Men are often accused of the "arm candy" issue. Who is to say women don't do the same damn thing? Being used for "status" is not restricted to one gender in the modern world. And lots of women do it and don't even realize it.

You know what I'm sick of? I'm sick of people asking me what's wrong with me. Why are you single? Why aren't you married? Why don't you have kids by now? Some people think having a major flaw in the dating game sucks. I'm sure it does. I'm sure it sucks to hear you are too old, too fat, too poor, too short, too bald, or too whatever. Here's the part some folks don't get. The people who don't have deal with that stuff get probed for some kind of "hidden flaw" deep down inside. Life isn't fun for anyone in the dating game.

Pretty ironic huh? People b!tch and moan about people who have this and that wrong with them, then when they don't have to deal with that, the first thing most do is proceed to try to find something wrong with the person. As if being single is some kind of disease. Hello? Do you see how many absolutely horrible and screwed up marriages and relationships are out there right now? Why is a good looking person or a person with a lot to offer suddenly denied the right to just be single and not have to deal with that crap?

If you are good looking and you have some success and you have a little bit of money tucked away, most people assume you have no problems and life is easy for you. Sorry to say, life sucks for everyone. Except good looking and rich and successful people aren't socially allowed to complain about their lives. People with less don't care, they don't want to listen, they don't believe that everyone in life has to struggle. That somehow those problems are smaller or less important or less understandable.

I knew a guy I went to school with, good guy, successful, good job, good looking, good charisma, all the things that got all those check boxes on most girls' lists ticked off. Then he got into a car accident. Couldn't work the same job anymore. Had some severe injuries that put him in a wheelchair for life. He was the same good person, the same good man, but guess what? People who stop for him before now just walked past him. The girl he was with left him. Most of the people around him before didn't come around so often anymore.

Most people out there don't give a damn about you. When put to the test, most will fail. Most won't stand by you. Most won't hold on through thick and thin. And if you are good looking and you have some career success and you have some money, you understand that implicitly. One bullet the wrong way. One wrong step. One bad stroke of fortune that gets you into a wheelchair or any other kind of life long tragedy, and you realize people don't love you for you, they just loved the "idea of you" and how you made them feel about themselves and validated their lives. And when you can't do that anymore for them, they are often gone.

Finding someone to love you and truly love is tough period. People with a lot to offer struggle to find it too, the context of the problems they face trying to find it are different, but the problems are still there.

A lot of good looking rich successful guys marry their secretaries. Lots of famous women fall in love with their bodyguards. Lots of prison guards fall in love with inmates. Doctors fall in love with nurses. Lawyers fall in love with judges. Cops fall in love with suspects. You date and you sleep with and you marry the people you see everyday. Or is it a big wonder why there are so many teachers and nurses on site? Hard to date when most of the people you are exposed to are kids. Hard to date when you work odd hours and most of the people you are exposed to are sick or suffering or dying. Does biology matter? Does the basic rules of attraction matter? Sure, but so does PROXIMITY. Some of you ladies don't get this, if you want to haul in a rich good looking mega bucks baller with a 30 pound third leg in his pants, then get a job in the office next door. It's that simple. I know plenty of rich successful good looking guys who are single. Why are they single? Uh, because they are out busting their humps all day making themselves "rich" and "successful" Those guys will often marry their secretaries. Or the girl who lives next door. Or the client he sees every other day. Daily exposure lets people get past the shine and the gloss. It might be baffling to some of you folks out there, but sometimes it's nice to be around people who don't make you feel like a two dollar whore at closing time every day of your life.

Everyone has a demon to sleep with at night. If you look closer, you might find the people who have "everything" are just like everyone else. They want to be happy, to be loved, to come home and find joy and peace with another person, to live a good life and try to be a good person.

If two people are together, it's probably for the simple reason. At some level, they make each other happy. Why point and stare and wonder? Why begrudge them their happiness in this short life? To me, that kind of thinking, that kind of thought process, is pretty damn "ugly" If you want to wonder, don't wonder why they are together and bring joy to each other's lives, just wonder and hope that you can be as happy yourself one day.
 seenmycat
Msg: 370
Posted: 11/23/2007 5:59:32 PM
Some straight from the heart common sense from a common sense heart surgeon who happens to love peanut butter and apparently is thoughtful and direct. I happen to agree-
live and let live and appreciate those who succeed at love...
 speller1
Msg: 371
Why do some guys that look to handsome to be real go for average are ugly women?
Posted: 11/23/2007 6:09:35 PM
who really knows
maybe they treat them better
 cw35
Msg: 372
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2007 6:17:03 AM
Surgeon: I think you hit the nail on the head. When it comes to relationships a lot of people are so in love with an idea they never care about someone for who they are most of the time and if that goes so does the person. I could never understand it. When I'm in a relationship and care about someone, I stick by them no matter what happens. Anything could happen, and I mean anything, and I know inside it wouldn't change my feelings for them. I've always been that way and I think a lot of people are. Unfortunately, in today's society, where we're told the type of people we're SUPPOSED to want by the media everywhere we turn, there's a lot more people who only care about the superficial side of things and looking good for others. We're all guilty of it to some extent.
 Unmatchable
Msg: 373
Posted: 11/24/2007 6:27:57 AM
UltimateHeartSurgeon, that was one of the best attempts at humanizing shallow people that I've seen yet, nice job...

ItOnlyTakes1
Msg: 374
Posted: 11/24/2007 7:26:19 AM
OK girls... Here's the secret of this...
From my own experience, and those of the people I know.... the reason for this is:

1) 75% of what makes a girl "hot" is her personality and how you relate with her. I've meet more girls than I can remember, that are good-looking but once you start talking to them... they went from a "9" to a "0" in the looks department! This could be for various reasons.

2) If a girl is fairly attractive, and is arrogant about it, it's a major turn-off!

3) Many girls who are very attractive have this "air" about them that they are the "catch", and a guy is lucky to be with them just because they are good-looking, and get hit on all the time, by the "stupid guys" who build up this over-confidence in them in the first place. Again ladies, a major turn-off!

This is why so many guys date a girl who may be average in looks, but a far better person over all!

So guys the key is to meet that "hot" girl who doesn't act like she's hot, and is down-to-earth!

PS: The above applies to guys as well, if you flip the situation... Just for the ladies reading!
 Knightless
Msg: 375
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2007 8:01:15 AM
Most guys who think they are so good looking are also filled with so much conciept is sickening...and types like that are shallow, and will probably be a lonely old man unless he finds a conciepted woman to fit his shallowness.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why do some guys that look too handsome to be real go for average are ugly women?