Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why do some guys that look too handsome to be real go for average are      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 blondblueyed
Msg: 101
Why do some guys that look too handsome to be real go for average are ugly women?Page 5 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

Do they think these women will be better or easier to do or live with? Or are all women deep down basically the same except for looks? Is biology really that powerful?

Tim, did it ever occur to you that you may be gay if you think the men look better?
 single1onlake
Msg: 102
Why do some guys that look to handsome to be real go for average are ugly women?
Posted: 9/7/2005 10:21:27 AM
I believe that I'm an attractive women although you can't see me because I don't know how to post a pic.(i'm new at the computer thing). But I have had several men say they were afraid to talk to me because they were afraid that I wouldn't have anything to do with them. Although I'm very down to earth, not stuck up and would love to find an attractive _mature_
man, that doesn't play games.It's hard to find someone who is either not already taken or someone that I can feel comfy with.
 Heart Bandit
Msg: 103
Why do some guys that look to handsome to be real go for average are ugly women?
Posted: 9/8/2005 8:46:06 PM
Maybe I'm contacting the wrong women. What I mean is that if I read a woman's profile in which she states something to the effect that looks aren't as important as personality, I will send her a message. And I have not gotten any responses! Well, I did get some hurtful replies. Not even if both of us we have things in our profiles that show that we have a lot in common. In my case it seems that for a lot of women looks really do matter over personality. At least initially. I know there has to be an interest from her to want to reply. And when she opens the message it's understandable that she will look at my pic. That appears to be enough for her not to even want to continue any further. Or, when I did get a reply it was said in such a way that it was unmistakable she didn't like me and why would I dare contact her. But I keep on trying. I do my best to remain positive no matter how much it hurts.

Another thing is that I don't really understand what the looks of an average woman looks are supposed to be. What makes a woman's looks to be determined as average vs. above average vs. below average?
 Kimmaranclh
Msg: 104
Why do some guys that look too handsome to be real go for average are ugly women?
Posted: 9/9/2005 6:28:00 AM
First off....In my eyes...no one is "too handsome" or "average" or "ugly"....it's all in the eye of the beholder.

I've dated men that I thought were amazing looking and other people didn't...I've dated men that I didn't think were that amazing looking and other people did.

The important thing is that you go for personality....No one is going to be so cute when they are 80 and wrinkled and hobbling around. But hopefully you will have someone who still thinks that you are cute because they love you for your personality and everything that you have shared.

So I think it's a shallow comment to even ask why some men date women that are "average" or "ugly"....Wouldn't you just assume that they are dating because they genuinely like each other which leads to chemistry and attraction?
 Brooklynn in BC.
Msg: 105
Posted: 9/9/2005 8:28:46 AM
Now that theory is a good one.
Can it also be that Beautiful people just end up competeing?
My other theory is that the handsome guy thinks the average girl will put up with alot more of his issues than someone who knows she (the beautiful girl) can hook onto another guy much quicker than the girl who is just average. say that ten times fast..lol
But all in all, why can't we all just get along...LOL
 who_the_fox
Msg: 106
Posted: 9/9/2005 9:12:35 AM
Because sometimes us ugly women just make them happy
 justlooking101
Msg: 107
Why do some guys that look too handsome to be real go for average are ugly women?
Posted: 9/9/2005 9:49:18 AM
Alot less bull shit to put up with, I have been in 2 major relationships in my life and both were very good looking and it is just to many head games, not to say that all good looking women r like that but the ones that i run into r
 justlooking101
Msg: 108
I've got your answer, HERE !!!!!
Posted: 9/9/2005 9:50:41 AM
said perfectly and i like your tattoos
 awaitingyu
Msg: 109
Posted: 9/9/2005 9:51:33 AM
Personally I think this topic should be the other way around in my opinion.

T
 Stephanos Primus
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2005 9:04:50 AM

if I read a woman's profile in which she states something to the effect that looks aren't as important as personality, I will send her a message. And I have not gotten any responses! Well, I did get some hurtful replies. Not even if both of us we have things in our profiles that show that we have a lot in common.
There can be so many reasons for this, you’re punishing yourself to even try to figure it out! I had one a couple of weeks ago who wrote me “so what do we have in common” (which actually kinda irritated me... it came across as arrogant somehow). I looked at her profile, and it turns out we had just about everything in common, which I showed her, point by point (you like this, I like... blah, blah, blah). I never heard from her again.

Just keep focused on the fact that there really are plenty of fish in the sea!
 sammy the wolf
Msg: 111
Posted: 9/22/2005 8:10:20 AM
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder...so what makes one good looking or ugly is perspective...

I've been in the modelling world and have found some not so good looking/average chic and men that had great bodies for the cause...

So iI think its perspective...dont you think?
 The_Magician
Msg: 112
Posted: 9/22/2005 8:29:19 AM
My good looking single female friends keep dating ugly guys and run away when a handsome man shows interest. They feel more secure that way I guess.
 terran991
Msg: 113
Posted: 9/22/2005 10:30:29 AM
hahha you never went out with a hot woman have you?
 Peep05
Msg: 114
Posted: 9/22/2005 10:34:56 AM
okay, where are these guys?
lol

Yep, seen a few couples like that.

Must be love, or security for him. No one will take her away?

Or, maybe he has to be the hottie in the relationship?

Or maybe, he is sick of people who are so full of themselves and their supposed beauty, that he looked for the beauty where it really should be, inside.

If you look good on the outside, it won't last, time ensures that, but on the inside, that is good for life. Unless some jerk/bag does a trip on them.
 FrEEdoM_WiTHin
Msg: 115
Posted: 9/25/2005 10:17:40 PM
I think this topic is getting old. I know for sure, everyone has their own opinion as to what they think is hot or not..so who the heck are we to make judgements on that???

Just leave well enough alone..we date who we want to date..who really cares if others don't see them as being attractive or the other person is being 'outdone'......let it rest...to each their own
 smoochiegal
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2005 2:25:04 AM
lol I have been out with guys I think are hot when others think they are grim. I have walked down the street and had guys go what is she doing with him or even the other way drooling over a guy I'm seeing as if I don't exist. Basically I don't care really if other ppl fancy my bloke or not it's about me and him and I suppose thats what a lot of blokes think others think they're dating an uglybug :)
 russ01
Msg: 117
Posted: 9/26/2005 4:18:32 AM
heck i dont have to worrie no good looking or sexy lady would ever look at me. hell im to ugly. so i guess il read this whole post and learn some thing.
 carribeanking7
Msg: 118
Posted: 9/26/2005 4:29:33 AM
Either way..its because they WANT to.
I always thought that people who ask questions like what does he/she see
downright condescending, as they imply that they are more worthy and also imply that they are more attractive.

He/She is with someone else...not you...get over it.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 119
Posted: 9/26/2005 6:03:43 PM
Yeah sure Russ!!! Nice sarcasm
 BarnBabe
Msg: 120
Posted: 9/26/2005 6:14:34 PM
Where are these too handsome to be real guys that like average women! I'm here! I'm average! I'm dateless!
 orchid38
Msg: 121
Posted: 9/26/2005 6:26:19 PM
If you have to ask such a question, then it's obvious that you place more importance on the outter package than what's inside..Perhaps those handsome men who go for the quote average gal and ulgy women are actually human and THINK and know theres a hell of alot more to this Love business than some pretty package deal.....YOU can be a knock out and be a cold, heartless and unloving human being..LOOKS does not guarantee a GOOD perosn, nor does Good looks make you more deserving of love and happiness than those average and ugly women you talk about...

Imagine that, some men are actually real and that handsome package has a brain!..Wow, I say GOOD FOR THEM!..They have figured out the key to success when it comes to finding someone special...It's more than just looks and imagine someone "handsome" not sticking to his own kind!(yes, sarcasm there)

..IF you simply pick a pretty package the inside can be hollow and it will not keep your attention long..I guess if all you are seeking is sex and games, it is enough, but for anything real and lasting it's not...Perhaps these handsome men have figured out that true beauty lies inside and beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, so what YOU find average and Ugly maybe worth a Kings ransom to another.. and next time you pass judgement on anothers looks, stop and think that just maybe in that person's eyes you are not that handosme .....Just a thought..

Hervie1
Msg: 122
 HB2
Msg: 123
 Heart Bandit
Msg: 124
Posted: 9/26/2005 7:56:52 PM
I guess I can't answer this question. But I'm hoping for the opposite to happen for me.
 lassiter
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2005 8:11:30 PM
i go for any woman that lives passionately...she could be sweet or stuck-up, whatever, and they can be hot or ugly to some...all that matters is the level of zeal and fervor that they carry in life and in a relationship. i want my life to be full of memories, and i choose to be involved with those that create them.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why do some guys that look too handsome to be real go for average are ugly women?